test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Community stands with Tyrs Paladium to Honor Veterans 2013 - Transcript

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello and welcome all to our Veterans Day Ceremony! This is also known as Armistice Day and Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, and we sincerely thank our international brothers & sisters to stand with us here today.

For all who don't know me, I'm Aandrethegiant on the official Neverwinter forums. I am in the Tyrs Paladium guild. I will be the MC for today's ceremony.

Thank you all for taking a bit of time away from questing to be here tonight. We have folks from
around the world. Its truly amazing to see this kind of turnout.

It's a small crowd, but it's our first such event in Neverwinter. When the world sees what we've done here tonight, expect more to stand with us next year.

We welcome ALL gamers, to stand united; regardless of nation of origin, religion or sexual preference.

As we begin, I'd like to start with a poem. Its a simple, but powerful and memorable poem. We in Tyrs Paladium have used it in every ceremony we've ever done.

"It is the Veteran, not the reporter,
Who has given us Freedom of the Press.

It is the Veteran, not the poet,
Who has given us Freedom of Speech.

It is the Veteran, not the campus organizer,
Who has given us the Freedom to demonstrate.

It is the Veteran, not the lawyer,
Who has given us the right to a fair trial;

And it is the Veteran--who salutes the flag,
Who serves the flag, and
Whose coffin is draped by the flag--
Who allows the protester to burn the flag."

"In Flanders Fields" is the most notable poem written during World War I. Canadian physician and Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae wrote it on 3 May 1915, after he witnessed the death of his friend, Lieutenant Alexis Helmer, 22 years old, the day before.

http://youtu.be/etCU37MFu8w

The Story of Capt. William Swenson and Sgt. Kenneth Westbrook

[video=youtube_share;ki269AkXj8o]http://youtu.be/ki269AkXj8o[/video]

Ode to Our Disabled Gamers On Armistice Day / Veterans Day.

030070-gamepad-locked.pngTO GAME DEVELOPERS: These heroes, military or otherwise, deserve better. Who will be the next company that will stand up for those that NEED additional accessibility? Cryptic? Turbine? Someone else? I know one thing, they should be involved with Dungeons & Dragons.

http://youtu.be/nzUpU8CCEhY

Tyrs Paladium Guild Salutes SSGT Tim Chambers

http://youtu.be/ZA8gLlzQbaA

2013 POW MIA Remembrance Table Ceremony

http://youtu.be/st-uEwTALL8

MOMENT OF SILENCE

... as participants mentioned loved ones that served, including those that gave all.

Some of the ceremonies had a real international flair this time. It was enriching. This will change the way future ceremonies are performed, as we shape it to fit the international landscape for which it stands.

THE CLOSING

"Please remember this week all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for you.

Keep the torch of our freedom burning brightly. Keep faith with those who died yester-year and with those who will die today and tomorrow. Teach your children well the importance of Veteran's Day."

Thank you for spending time with the Tyrs Paladium guild, the brave men and women of the armed forces past and present, and most importantly in honor of those who could not be here.

Thus concludes our ceremony.

Hope to see you all next year....

/salute all

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks again aandre. I did watched the videos and listen in but most of the time I was also trying to get my headset to work.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad the event went well and sorry I am so much of a night owl these days that my alarm can't even wake me up for a 1 PM event. :(

But it looks like you had quite the ceremony without me so no loss on your end. :D
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . On behalf of all of my family who have served and are or were a part of the lives of Veterans around the World, thank you for doing this. It means a lot to my family and myself. I am glad I was able to participate in the evening ceremony. Well done, well done indeed.
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to also extend a thank you and a well done. It was a touching and heart-felt tribute. I'm glad I could participate. Andre: sorry about the mic feedback!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]