test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Blog: Item Progression System

13»

Comments

• bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The refinement system is much better than the old fusing. Everyone's complaining about high costs, but have you ever tried creating a rank 10 with the current system. If you start using coalescent wards at rank 7, you will need 85 coals, that's 8.5mil AD in the current system, since the new system requires only 1 of the same type and rank to upgrade, the costs of making a rank 10 will drop to ~3-4mil AD, or even less if you farm the catalysts. Also the catalyst will be much cheaper on the AH than in the bazaar, just as coals are cheaper on AH than in the Zen store. With the new refinement system it will be much easier to get rank 10s. Imo it's the best change they've introduced since the game has been released.

As a side note, i do agree that the daily refinement limit is too low, they should at least double it and even then, there will be a lot of ppl with a lot of rough AD they can never refine. You can make much more than 24k rough AD a day on lvl 60, and thanks to the Waukeen event there are peoples with 1mil+ rough AD, which they will never ever refine, since they are doing more than 24k rough AD a day just by playing.
  • suslik7777suslik7777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its Gonna be cool if they will make Epic Spider mount or Epic Dragon mount or even Epic Snake mount!!! I will love this game even more! I really love spiders but you should buy pack to get it.. That sucks! Also I will so happy if they will make Flying Mounts!!!
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    ....since the new system requires only 1 of the same type and rank to upgrade...
    I'm sorry, I did not understand this point .... if i want to make a rank 8 dark, making upgrade my rank 7 dark, what do I need?
    assuming that I have filled the bar refining:
    1 Coal Ward
    2 reagents (boss drop by or bought for 100k)
    3? what? it is here that I do not understand
    ty & sorry 4 my eng
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    grandinata wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I did not understand this point .... if i want to make a rank 8 dark, making upgrade my rank 7 dark, what do I need?
    1coal
    2 reagents (bos drop by or bought for 100k)
    3? what? it is here that I do not understand

ty & sorry 4 my eng

another rank 7 dark
    21.jpg
    edited November 2013
    ok TY werealchemist :)
  • angel1313131angel1313131 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please tell me when will this change begin?

Ty :)
    edited November 2013
    last question then I do not break more and try to get my access to the test server ...
    to fill the bar refining, for example, to upgrade from rank 5 to 6, I must refining enchantment exclusively of rank 4 or I can put even lower levels?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's the percent chance of success to make a rank 8? 25%? Preservation wards. If you're really unlucky, you might blow through 6 of them, but even 10 is still cheaper than a coalescent ward.

Good grief people.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    last question then I do not break more and try to get my access to the test server ...
    to fill the bar refining, for example, to upgrade from rank 5 to 6, I must refining enchantment exclusively of rank 4 or I can put even lower levels?

You may use any runestones or enchantments of any levels, 1-4, for refining points. It's a good way to use up everything.

The reason you don't want to use rank 5 or higher for refining points is that they are less efficient.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

you can use any rune/enchantment of any rank for refinement.
    21.jpg
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Well, don't you *need* catalysts in order to complete the refining process, under the new system? For new characters, they should get them from the level-up boxes, but existing characters are either going to have to buy them or farm for them...

Yes you need reagents (They changed the name on preview.) however, they drop in game so no one is required to use AD on them.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes you need reagents (They changed the name on preview.) however, they drop in game so no one is required to use AD on them.

It all depends on how frequent the reagents drop (meaning the blue and purple). I expect that they will be rarely seen on the AH for a month or so because everyone will be using them for their own enchants, and the ones on the AH will be over priced. After the initial period of confusion involved with a major change like this then I think the prices will drop as availability increases.
  • lesh2014lesh2014 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    after a few days of people testing these new game features...when do you think these will be rolled out?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    right now, it's still up to speculation. could be a few more weeks.
  • damaged115damaged115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    yes but they are taking coalescent wards out of coffer boxes
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    damaged115 wrote: »

there has been no official confirmation on this.
    edited November 2013
    damaged115 wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What do you mean?

An unannounced and rather unwelcome change on preview.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    An unannounced and rather unwelcome change on preview.

Hopefuly they remove them completely and stick to only refinement points + reagents, with 100% successrate...
    Otherwise, its the most stupid change in a long time !

I wonder what they will add instead to "encourage" players to get online every day, currently those boxes is my reason :)