Install Arc
Options

NW.10.20131029a.5 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

2»

Comments

• Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    General patch feedback - companion chattiness (Neverember Guard)
    Are companions chattier in this preview than in live? Not specifically this update, Shadowmantle in general. I don't recall seeing anything in the patch notes but my Neverember Guard is spouting his catch phrases more frequently, sometimes there's only 5 or ten seconds between them and I'll hear a few in succession. I'm not quite sure what the trigger(s) is/are.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I love the fact that ancient necklaces can now be transmuted , I can now use my Caturday cape finally , little quality of life improvements like these make me smile , give yourselves a pat on the back lol
    . . . . . I cannot locate patch notes on this. Is this something you tested yourself in preview and found it was fixed? My CM's are off for the night else I'd ask them. Thanks!
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I cannot locate patch notes on this. Is this something you tested yourself in preview and found it was fixed? My CM's are off for the night else I'd ask them. Thanks!

Yeah I tested it myself , that's why things like this make me smile , its something a lot of players have asked for in the past and they just add it without even saying a word lol , hopefully it was done on purpose and will go over to live when the patch hits.
    transmutedancient_zpsc810a9f1.jpg
  • Options
    trixxer80trixxer80 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Am I the only one having left AD costs to refine enchantments?

25k shards -> lesser
    50k lesser -> normal
    75k normal -> greater

:confused:
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Yeah I tested it myself , that's why things like this make me smile , its something a lot of players have asked for in the past and they just add it without even saying a word lol , hopefully it was done on purpose and will go over to live when the patch hits.
    transmutedancient_zpsc810a9f1.jpg
    . . . . . Many thanks. This was one of the many bugs I have sent in also in the past. Great to see this getting fixed! Thank you for the confirmation outside of the hours my CM's work. Much appreciated as I have a couple guildies (at least!) who will love this info too!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    General patch feedback - companion chattiness (Neverember Guard)
    Are companions chattier in this preview than in live? Not specifically this update, Shadowmantle in general. I don't recall seeing anything in the patch notes but my Neverember Guard is spouting his catch phrases more frequently, sometimes there's only 5 or ten seconds between them and I'll hear a few in succession. I'm not quite sure what the trigger(s) is/are.

I think they changed how they follow you when you're on a mount. And it's pretty annoying. Basically when you move they seem to be dismissed, for lack of a better word, and when you stop they are summoned again and thus spout their saying. It would be nice if they a) undid that change or, better yet, b) made companion speech/sound an option we can disable. If neither of those happen I'll more than likely just turn off sound entirely in an effort to preserve my sanity once Module 2 launches.

Regardless, I reported it in the bug section a couple days ago even though technically it probably isn't one.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trixxer80 wrote: »
    Am I the only one having left AD costs to refine enchantments?

25k shards -> lesser
    50k lesser -> normal
    75k normal -> greater

:confused:

That's confirmed as an oops where the fix to remove the armor/weapon enchantment fusion costs didn't make the current build along with the other removed costs. It'll be corrected.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I think they changed how they follow you when you're on a mount. And it's pretty annoying. Basically when you move they seem to be dismissed, for lack of a better word, and when you stop they are summoned again and thus spout their saying. It would be nice if they a) undid that change or, better yet, b) made companion speech/sound an option we can disable. If neither of those happen I'll more than likely just turn off sound entirely in an effort to preserve my sanity once Module 2 launches.

Regardless, I reported it in the bug section a couple days ago even though technically it probably isn't one.

I think this was back in closed beta but companions used to just keep repeating thier phrases while on a mount.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I think they changed how they follow you when you're on a mount. And it's pretty annoying. Basically when you move they seem to be dismissed, for lack of a better word, and when you stop they are summoned again and thus spout their saying. It would be nice if they a) undid that change or, better yet, b) made companion speech/sound an option we can disable.
    I'm pleased its not just me. Thanks for that.

Hopefully this is an unplanned change.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Several new Room pieces have been added to the authoring tools.

This sounds useful, are we getting any encounters? The Dread Ring enemies and Hunter Ranger, Trickster Rogue, and Great Weapon Fighter adventurer encounters would be nice.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Moved to Bugs section after becoming sure its a bug.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
This discussion has been closed.