test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Quitter's... Is there a plan to penalize them?

foxgaldorffoxgaldorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's really annoying when you are playing a pvp match and your party begin to quit... We have to penalize this kind of person who don't know how to lost a match. IMHO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by foxgaldorf on

Comments

• grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Agreed, loser's behavor.

Must have a time penalty for queueing again, it's basic.

Oh people these days... how I want to see them "quiting" a pvp in UO... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Fix PVP. Problem solved.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The quitters can also be in the red team. It's balanced. Maybe one fix would be when someone leaves to automatically kick one guy of the other team.
    English is not my first language.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    The quitters can also be in the red team. It's balanced. Maybe one fix would be when someone leaves to automatically kick one guy of the other team.

Lol no. Why should anyone be penalised for a guy that is leaving?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    No, there cant be quitting. People need to learn to play from beggining to the end. Quitting is a finicky action.

They need to be unable to queue again for a long time to learn their lesson.

And that way, pvp queues will be filtered too, only the great warriors will remain :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    @yokihiro

Ther first thing that need to be solved is people's heads. There is no reason that justify such an idiot action like quitting pvp. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think you guys, as many other "anti-quitters" players, are looking at this issue from a very partial perspective.
    Look at how pug PvP is now.

Frequent scenarios, right now, are:

- you join a normal pug, you end up against a full premade or a half premade (3 players from the same guild) of organized and geared players;

- you join a pug, but your team is filled with 7-8-9k GS players, while the enemy team have all players with armor and weapon enchants and top gear

- you join a pug but 1 guy gets dc'ed leaving you 4v5

In all these examples, the match usually ends up in a 1-sided slaughter, where the losing team has 2 options:

- get out of the base to just get swarmed before they can even fight, respawn and repeat
    - stay in spawn and wait 10 minutes for the match to end

And these are just some examples that happen quite frequently. The game does not balance the teams before the match starts, do not balance them through auto-scramble during the match if the difference is too high, do not separate full premades or half premades from normal pugs, do not divide PvP matches in leagues based on, at least, some basic GS (such as separating players with 11k+ GS from players with7-8-9-10k GS).

Now, if cryptic does not introduces all the above mechanics to ensure a match is fun for everyone, just giving a penalty for quitters and spawn campers would mean force ppl to stay there, when the toon respawns send him out of the spawn, then wait for him to be insta-killed in 3-4-5 v 1 swarming, and repeat.

First you balance PvP, then you give penalties. That's the way to do these things. You can't create a PvP system that has a high % of VERY unbalanced, 1 sided, matches, and then just give penalties to the losers.

Also: many players do PvP for glory. That's the reward. Right now, glory gain is HIGHLY infleunced by who wins. You make X points and win, you get Y glory. You make X points and lose, you gain half the glory. No matter how you perform, you still get less glory.

I think that a glory gain system based on single performances should be better for pugs.

For premades and guild vs guild, a team based reward system is ok, since they are a real Group.

A pug is not a real Group, everyone is there for his own sake, and don't want the other random team members to lower his reward.

Also, a 1v1 arena would be good, since many kiddies seem to do not understand that domination is 5v5 and keep looking for duels during the match.
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

No way no go this would ruin the game for someone else...Either put a queue block for a certain time or a quit fine in AD but if someone gets kicked out of PVP accidentaly it wouldnt be right either so its a double edged sword.
    And coz of the bots runing in PVP lately it should be a Queue Captcha avaible for PVP so they dont get in there and we can play the game as its meant to be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another QQ topic from people frustrated they miss the opportunity to one-shot others with their ubergear.

Fight somebody at your own level, i.e. a premade, not pugs of fresh 60s in greens. Stop ganking and spawncamping ungeared guys if you don't want them to leave, take on somebody your own size.

That is until there is proper matchmaking in the game.
    pando83 wrote: »
    First you balance PvP, then you give penalties. That's the way to do these things. You can't create a PvP system that has a high % of VERY unbalanced, 1 sided, matches, and then just give penalties to the losers.

Yes.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I got my TR to 60 yesterday, bought all blue items (spent less than 5k AD on entire gear set) and in the 2 pugs I solo Q'd in I got top score by 1000 in 1 of them, and was 12/0/14 in the other. I did not record but I have SS of the score, you can't say gear is everything in PvP, that's bs.

Neither of the matches we're against premade's but there were enemies with T2 and weapon/armor enchants that I did better than in full blue's with no enchantments. Forgot to mention that part, no enchantments whatsoever, 7.8k GS.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    @yokihiro

Ther first thing that need to be solved is people's heads. There is no reason that justify such an idiot action like quitting pvp. Period.

I totally disagree. PVP is broken. Period.
    It is unbalanced, it favors certain classes, it is a pain getting CCed constantly without immunities, and it favors pay to win too much (better enchants). Also matchmaking is borked. You are placed in a group with some guys wearing green and are matched against high end premades. You get roflstomped, you learn nothing by such a fight, waste 10 minutes for some crappy low Glory because this game also has no underdog bonus system...

I could go on with this list (perma-stealthing TRs, unkillable GWFs etc.) that shows how bad the PVP was implemented into this game. So don't punish casual players that want to earn their daily AD when they quit matches. How would you like to play soccer with your local team everytime against Real Madrid? In the end you surely would lose the fun in doing this and won't be like "Uh I have to finish this because I can learn so much here".

Fix PVP - fix the problem, not the symptoms. If PVP would be fun, challenging and ballanced ppl would not leave. I never saw whole groups leaving in the PVP matches in EQ2 when I played it some years back!
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    I totally disagree. PVP is broken. Period.
    It is unbalanced, it favors certain classes, it is a pain getting CCed constantly without immunities, and it favors pay to win too much (better enchants). Also matchmaking is borked. You are placed in a group with some guys wearing green and are matched against high end premades. You get roflstomped, you learn nothing by such a fight, waste 10 minutes for some crappy low Glory because this game also has no underdog bonus system...

I could go on with this list (perma-stealthing TRs, unkillable GWFs etc.) that shows how bad the PVP was implemented into this game. So don't punish casual players that want to earn their daily AD when they quit matches. How would you like to play soccer with your local team everytime against Real Madrid? In the end you surely would lose the fun in doing this and won't be like "Uh I have to finish this because I can learn so much here".

Fix PVP - fix the problem, not the symptoms. If PVP would be fun, challenging and ballanced ppl would not leave. I never saw whole groups leaving in the PVP matches in EQ2 when I played it some years back!

Actually you learn a lot from doing 1v1's against premade players. You can either continue doing exactly what you're doing and just complain that PvP is broken, or you can practice and get better and realize that it's actually a whole lot of fun when you know what you're doing. When I first started doing PvP I got killed 20-30 times in a row when I went against full premade as a pug, but I got better and better at PvP b/c of it.

Lol who cares if you die 100 times in PvP anyway? you lose nothing and you get closer to your immortal title =P
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I got my TR to 60 yesterday, bought all blue items (spent less than 5k AD on entire gear set) and in the 2 pugs I solo Q'd in I got top score by 1000 in 1 of them, and was 12/0/14 in the other. I did not record but I have SS of the score, you can't say gear is everything in PvP, that's bs.

Neither of the matches we're against premade's but there were enemies with T2 and weapon/armor enchants that I did better than in full blue's with no enchantments. Forgot to mention that part, no enchantments whatsoever, 7.8k GS.

TRs are probably the one class that can still get kills even at low GS. But would you be able to do the same on a GF or GWF? It's different for every class. Also, i have too blue items on my GWF. And so have some top players, since GS is not everything in PvP, but still, it counts. Ranking instead of GS? May be better. Still ,you've to make different leagues if you want to avoid very unbalanced matches to happen, the way it is now.

Also, as i said, it costs nothing to make a auto-scramble system based on the performances during a match. If one team is winning by more than 200 points, the game scramble the teams, balancing them based on the match ranking.

Also, give glory points only based on match ranking, so that no one will have to complain if he ends up in the losing team.

And make the pug system to auto-form teams. Which means you can't forma party and then queue, but you have to solo queue and end up in a truly random team. The game picks up the players, check their ranking, and create 2 as-balanced-as-possible teams.

In any case, even if it's not all, GS must be taken into account. But not the way it's now. It must be redone, taking into account multiple factors such as armor and weapon enchants, and the class (GFs have much higher GS, but they are not stronger, usually).

A lot must be done to improve pug PvP, before starting with penalties and such.
    edited October 2013
    Actually you learn a lot from doing 1v1's against premade players. You can either continue doing exactly what you're doing and just complain that PvP is broken, or you can practice and get better and realize that it's actually a whole lot of fun when you know what you're doing. When I first started doing PvP I got killed 20-30 times in a row when I went against full premade as a pug, but I got better and better at PvP b/c of it.

Lol who cares if you die 100 times in PvP anyway? you lose nothing and you get closer to your immortal title =P

I disagree completely. It's nothing to do with premades. you can learn by just playing with or against good players. But premade vs pug is just nonsense. If you get out of the spawn just to get swarmed and killed with no chance to fight, cause the enemy team is 10x stronger than your team and used to fight together, it is a waste of time. You have fun running out of your base and getting killed without even fighting, cause all your weak team is already dead or unorganized?

PvP needs a more balanced matchmaking to enusre balanced and fun matches. No matter if you win or lose, but you must be able to fight, instead of ending up in a one sided slaughter half of the times.
    It's also no fun being the ones who win in such a way. Repeatedly swarming enemies with your team, what's fun in that. Winning against an nemey that has no chance to fight is boring, and you learn nothing. I bet many players who form premades and join PvP in hope of finding good opponents, get bored when the match ends up in a 1 sided slaughter.

That's why when such matches happen, many players talk it out and arrange fast 1v1 matches to kill the time until the match ends.
    edited October 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    That's why when such matches happen, many players talk it out and arrange fast 1v1 matches to kill the time until the match ends.

Exactly, you learn quite a bit from those 1v1 matches against much stronger opponents.
    edited October 2013
    Exactly, you learn quite a bit from those 1v1 matches against much stronger opponents.

Then i say it's better to make a 1v1 arena system AND balance the domination pug system :)
    Everyone's happy.

Also, cause it doesn't happen Always. Many times you end up with the enemy team campingin front of your spawn and swarming any player coming out of it.

Now, imagine if we got a penalty for spawn camping, or a system that kicks you out of spawn after a while. You end up just getting out, get swarm killed, respawn, get out, get swarm killed, get out, get swarm killed, get out, get swarm killed...and repeat for 10 minutes.

Doesn't sound funny.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    unless i grow eight more arms, thirty-two fingers and eight thumbs... there's really no way you can control someone else's actions/play style in a pvp arena. i mean... there's been some really good, positive threads posted here trying to help educate good pvp tactics but i think those threads are just wasted because of how few of the player base even bothers with the forums. i suppose if they help one person out, that's something at least. but it's not going to end the quitting, the disconnects... none of it. not to mention you can't penalize someone for something that could very well be a network hiccup or a disconnect or a computer crash. there would be no way for the client/server to determine exactly what the cause of the "quit" was. unless they physically leave the party. but man... if they did implement a penalty without fixing the matchmaking first... instead of leaving the party, they'd shut off their routers or disconnect wireless network adapters or disable software driven network connections... why? because penalizing someone for something as ridiculous as quitting a pvp match is just plain wrong. you want to find out why people are quitting. you want to fix the things that can be fixed. you want to provide other pvp options... and those things are coming. no, there hasn't been any "official" official statements but they've got to. they play this game, too. i'm sure they're well aware of these issues.
    edited October 2013
    Fully disagree. Pvp unbalanced, and other stuff like this does not justify quitting. I don't mean cases when peopge disconnect, or stay AFK, or something like that. I mean people who quit PVP just because is losing. It's idiot and coward. There is no excuses. I rather lose with dignity then leave a game just because the other team is better. Things are very, very wrong with people's minds. I really cant' believe I read this here. Omg...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If my team is already short handed because someone else quit and the other team refuses to 1v1, then yeah, I'm gonna quit too. I don't owe it to anyone to spend 10 minutes of my life doing something completely boring and pointless when the outcome of the match is already decided.
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ive tried quite a few times to accept the "1v1 match" only to jump down and get ganked by the whole enemy team.
    Ive learned my lesson and if the match is close to ending i just sit in my spawn. Otherwise if people have already left, im out.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Let me get this right... You want me to stick around in a match that has :

1) people quit and now it is 2 v 5
    2) ask for 1 v 1, jump down and all 5 attack
    3) hang out at campfire for 0 glory while you dance?

When folks leave or quit my team I usually ask for 1 v 1. When I attempt 1 v 1 and I get curb stomped by 3 v 1 then I am out.

Pay more attention to zone. Lots of times when it is a blow out or 3 v 5 in the first 2 minutes we start calling for 1 v 1 and cap swapping. Sadly folks don't understand that if it is a blowout and you don't swap cap points then BOTH teams get less glory. People don't want to hang out in a match for 5 minutes for less than 100 glory when they can quit and requeue. Learn how to cap swap and all people left in the match will get a higher return on their time instead of running to the forums.
    edited October 2013
    mikabella2 wrote: »
    Ive tried quite a few times to accept the "1v1 match" only to jump down and get ganked by the whole enemy team.
    Ive learned my lesson and if the match is close to ending i just sit in my spawn. Otherwise if people have already left, im out.

^^ this +1,000,000,000,000

some people have learned through previous negative pvp experience to disable zone and say channels during pvp and can't see that other people are trying to set up 1v1s OR there are some non-english speaking individuals playing pvp.

trying to force people to get unfairly beat down in a pvp match is just ignorant. people that quit in these scenarios aren't cowards. it's called survival.
    edited October 2013
    The scenario I was talking about is that:

The match is going on, 5x5, and then when the match is almost in the middle, an idiot thinks: "Well we will lost" and then quit the match.

It does not apply to matches that already had quitters.

The problem is the first jerk who quits due his lack of dignity. These kind of players are scum.

I agree 100% that pvp needs to be balanced by gear score, but quiting a game just because you gonna loose makes Bruce Banner angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you get rid of the 4000 AD daily I think we would have more people in PVP matches who actually want to PVP. Then you wouldn't have people lingering in the spawn just waiting for the timer to run out, which is often when people start quitting.
    edited October 2013
    The scenario I was talking about is that:

The match is going on, 5x5, and then when the match is almost in the middle, an idiot thinks: "Well we will lost" and then quit the match.

It does not apply to matches that already had quitters.

The problem is the first jerk who quits due his lack of dignity. These kind of players are scum.

I agree 100% that pvp needs to be balanced by gear score, but quiting a game just because you gonna loose makes Bruce Banner angry

no sir.
    a pug that is getting beat down because either most of the players don't know about domination strategy or doesn't have decent gear/enchants compared to the opposing team or doesn't have the skill to compete qualifies as the same bullying nonsense that would have you expect others to sit through it. or grin and bear it. fact is, a dominating team can totally prevent the other team from scoring. people start lingering in the spawn area and then someone sees this and leaves.

queuing up for pvp doesn't require me to finish a match. there are a thousand other reasons why i might have to quit a pvp match. and none of them involve crying myself to sleep because i was losing.

that's why these threads are such a waste of time. you move on to the next pvp game and hope for the best. if you can't do that, you may be part of the problem.
    edited October 2013
    Really, just no.

The point I made was for people who don't know how to loose. The other cases I will not talk about.

Getting ganked by other players is not, and never will be a reason to quit a match. A wrong action does not justify a wrong action. It's a fact.

Quitters must be banned from queue for a good time, period. There is no discussion on this.

Balancing pvp is other subject, and don't need to be even cited here. The OP is about crying coward quitters.

"If the cap fit, let them wear it..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2013
    When solo queued, I'll bail a match for a number of reasons:

-2 or more group members with no-enchants. As a DC, you are supposed to be a force multiplier. If your DPS is poorly geared, who cares how much you heal them... they still won't kill anything, especially if the other team runs cheese regen perma-stealth teneb, has a decent sentinel, etc. Zero times 100 is still zero.

-Egregiously stupid play. I've seen some pretty amazing stuff - 4 people fighting a single sentinel GWF at home base, Rogues using dazing strike at the air, guardian fighters bull charging/CW using entangle on rogues in ITC, two sentinel GWFs sitting on mid while the enemy's home point is being capped, the group all stacking on mid and refusing to cap either the home or away point. It defies even the most basic common sense. I used to politely suggest alternatives, but I've given up after having my kill count as a HEAL SPEC CLERIC who runs Sunburst, Astral Shield, and Healing word criticized by ROGUES on multiple occasions.

-vs a mostly full or full premade. When your enchantless team gets swarmed by people with BiS gear, you really do learn nothing. As a cleric, 1v1s are just silly (I'll heal you to death!), so there's no point in staying afterwards for duels anyway.

Finally - If you are with 1 or 2 guildies partnered with terrible pugs, there's no way you are beating a remotely competent premade. Why stay and subject yourself to that kind of face-stomping, especially when people will post troll threads on the forums and spread screenshot URLs in zone/statements about how they "beat your guild" and gloat about how awesome they are?

No thanks.
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    benskix2 wrote: »
    If you get rid of the 4000 AD daily I think we would have more people in PVP matches who actually want to PVP. Then you wouldn't have people lingering in the spawn just waiting for the timer to run out, which is often when people start quitting.
    I believe the 4,000 AD daily is there to offer some incentive to those who do not make enough glory to repeatedly buy and salvage purple gear items from the PvP vendors. Without that incentive, I doubt I'd've been queueing for PvP in the first place and I would've been missing out on an experience that is really miserable when things go wrong and feels awesome when things go right!

I'm never the first to quit a PvP match, but I may quit if someone already quit my team and we're losing so miserably that every engagement is 3v1 or the enemy team is camping near our spawn point. I understand that's the nature of PvP and people want an honorable fight till the end and all that, however... to the losing side things quickly become a waste of time and the last thing PWE/Cryptic would like is to have their players feel like they're wasting their time in Neverwinter.

I can however suggest a penalty for the 1st player quitting a PvP match: a comulative 5% decrease both on Glory earned in the future and on the AD daily reward! This penalty will last until the AD daily reward is obtained, after-which the player resumes earning normal PvP rewards, both Glory and the PvP daily. Perhaps then, people will eventually stop being the 1st one who quits! ;)
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    If they fix the ranking system, so premades can face premades or even better teams face teams and know that they will fight for a ranking thingy, then everything will be fine. Although most guild premades from the top names will offer 1v1s, that's not correcting the problem.

People leave because they get overran, not because they are losing. If you queue up with randoms, and end up facing a premade with 5 14kGs people that communicate with TS, then...guess what...you are toasted...badly. Nobody in his good mind will just ride back to 2 and get lolstomped by 4 angry people that throw everything at him like he has a chance. It's nobody's fault, but the system's.

Premades don't like facing PuGs, and vice versa. The need to create different pools of PvP is evident, especially after the server merge.

I am against leaving by all means, and I never do it even if we lose badly. But I can understand why people do it.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited October 2013
    immahealyounow

You need to queue for playing, just it. Not min max everything. This kinda of thought drain you, and take all the fun from your game.

Just play for fun, not to think only in what's good for you.

I want to pvp for fun, even if I losse. Whats the problem? I'm not stupid to think I have to win all the times, even more to think it's better quit then loose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]