test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't like everyone on my shard, switch it back

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Please. I thought it would be cool at first. Now it almost just kinda sucks, Tons of screaming people in trade. Why under one shard? is the game dropping people in population or something.
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This was how it was intended to be from the start and how Cryptic's other two games work. Has nothing to do with population.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They said it was intended since the beginning. I believe it has a lot to do w/ the dropping population. We now have as many people w/ the shards merged as each server had in the games prime.. I don't have numbers to back it, but the times I had recently logged on, the game was a ghost town. It was like playing wow at the end, once bustling cities now ghost towns.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It's awesome being on one shard. Tons more buyers and sellers for AH, easier to find groups, better and more PvP, more guilds to choose from, and everyone you hear on the forums you can also talk to or group with in game. Amazing change IMO, way to go cryptic!
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You asked for it, now it's time to drink from the bitter cup. :p

I think many people are enjoying the increased lag. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    You asked for it, now it's time to drink from the bitter cup. :p

I think many people are enjoying the increased lag. :cool:

I have noticed 0 increased lag, everything is instances just as before, and all 3 shards were already on the same server, just seperated from each other. There shouldn't be any more lag than there already has been when PE gets near 150.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you possibly be any more self-absorbed?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    I don't have numbers to back it

This means you have no basis for your comments regarding game population.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just don't like being on "Dragon." They should have made a new name for the combined servers.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The shards were horribly imbalanced and the fragmentation caused lag/delay.

Think of it like the partitions on your hard drive... You may fill up your C: drive, but have plenty of room on your <insert letter> drive.

The shards were simply that: partitions. When resources were needed, such as during GG Dungeon instances, they were not available because they were bound to a different shard. Idle instances sit unused in situations like that.

With a unified shard, all resources are made available for the demand being requested. This allows for maximum use of all resources and allows both lowered lag ratios due to insufficient resources and lower queue times for events. It's a win-win in other ways too:

- Increased Supply/Demand will allow for a more balanced AH and faster sales
    - More people online at various time zones means there will be more robust guilds/PUG/PvP matches
    - Faster patch times for the admins and manageability (albeit at the expense of all eggs, 1 basket)

It is a win-win no matter what.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No, you don't get it. fusedmass doesn't like to see so many people talking at once, so they should revert the change, just for him.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol, I do agree that the chat flies by so fast that it's hard to have a pm conversation but having more people makes the game more fun
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would prefer it if they maintained a few low-player count instances of each zone.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you possibly be any more self-absorbed?

Bingo! Im glad someone said it before I did
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Nay, the Shard will not be un-merged.

Closing this down now.
This discussion has been closed.