test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Bug] Max Shader Quality setting

zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
You know that episode of SpongeBob where he goes "normal," and his body gets all smooth, shiny, and rounded? Yeah, it's like that.

I've tried setting all my graphic options back to default, then setting them back to higher. Doesn't help. I've tried manually setting all the settings to the lowest possible setting, then back to higher. Doesn't help. I've switched back and forth between DX9 and DX11. Doesn't help. Today's patch didn't help.

Here is my Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow, Timothe, before FotF:
Timothe1_zps4dd531e0.jpg

Here is Timothe now. His skin is a different color, his tattoo is a different color, his leather pants and shirt are blurry, he's just all cartoony now.
Timothe2_zps92b30199.jpg

I cannot stand that cartoony look. It's not just Timothe, it's all my characters. And it's not just characters, it's environment details also, just everything looks this way.

Here is my system info:
TimII_zps689489aa.jpg

I also use the GeForce Experience program to "Optimize" my graphics settings. Prior to FotF, it stayed optimized all the time. Now, every time i enter/leave the game, it resets the "Max Shader Quality."
Shader_zps57857718.jpg

Also, it seems as though whenever i enter the foundry editor, it changes from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed" mode. I "Optimize" again, but it just resets again the next time.

Really hoping for a fix, as i cannot enjoy the new content or the festival in this blurry cartoony atmosphere.
Post edited by zbkolde on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you positive that you found the advanced visuals option of shader settings and tried turning that up?

My game looked quite toned down after last week's patch, and this was the one setting that I needed to adjust in order to fix it. It had been set to minimum, and all I did was turn it back to high/max.

Edit: Sorry, apparently I can't read.
    I don't use a program to optimize my settings. I made that one manual adjustment one time and it's been fixed ever since. It's possible that your problem stems from settings being auto-adjusted whenever you launch? Since the shader keeps getting turned down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Are you positive that you found the advanced visuals option of shader settings and tried turning that up?

My game looked quite toned down after last week's patch, and this was the one setting that I needed to adjust in order to fix it. It had been set to minimum, and all I did was turn it back to high/max.

Edit: Sorry, apparently I can't read.
    I don't use a program to optimize my settings. I made that one manual adjustment one time and it's been fixed ever since. It's possible that your problem stems from settings being auto-adjusted whenever you launch? Since the shader keeps getting turned down.

Thank you. :) I went in and manually changed it, and for right now everything looks as it should. I may have to adjust it again each time i log in, but i can live with that for now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just an update.

Thanks to beckylunatic, i manually changed the "Max Shader Quality" setting back to "Very High," and it has stayed there. While many texture surfaces are still muted from pre-FotF, the majority of the graphics are okay now.

However, there is still the issue with the GeForce Experience optimization program. It keeps showing "-" for "Max Shader Quality," as pictured above. I'll click "Optimize," log in, and when i log back out, it's back to "-" instead of "Very High." Somewhere, incorrect information, or no information, is being sent to my system regarding the "Max Shader Quality" setting.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Thread subject changed per request.