test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People who agree with BoP.

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Edit: Then make the bloody drop rate for said items lower not this. [/COLOR]

They did. You are guaranteed BoP items in Dungeon Delves which can often be converted into AD.
    The monster drop rate hasn't been touched and those items can still be sold.

Effectively lowering the drop rate. You can do the dungeon at any time and the only difference is that during DD you will get items which are worth a few thousand AD if you don't need them.

marlz wrote: »
    but that is exactly what PWE is doing, printing out AD in mass from the packs while others "play" to acquire it, introducing more AD while making what can be used on AD less/rarer

Yep and by putting more money into the system they have actually increased the AD Return of various items in the Auction house. The Auction house items are rarer...but worth more. That's a win for the dungeon delvers.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    seriously the only way i would agree to BOP is if the purple/epic gear was you know, actually epic....most other mmos once you get EPIC gear and Good/Epic enchantments, your basicly an demi god when it comes to NON-EPIC content, but this is not how the gear or stats work in this game, i have 10k GS with a full mage lord set and every thing eles atleast t1/t2 purple con, and minimal lvl 5 enchantments to lvl 6, and aside from the 2 set effects, there is really no real difference in my CWs performance then back when i was lvl 59 just hitting 60 in mostly green to blue gear with mass amounts of Power + Crit. and back then i didn't have any enchants pass lvl 4......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    If that's your idea of fun, then you sir are a very scary person! To be honest, I'm not sure why you're playing Neverwinter, surely an asian grinder would be more to your style.

Anyway, Neverwinter used to be a very solo/casual friendly game. But not anymore. Perhaps that's a good thing, maybe the hardcore crowd is where the money is, I dunno.

But I do know, if it wasn't for the foundry, I'd have been driven out of this game long ago.

Oh, it was fun indeed. I had the oppurtunity to gear up 90 characters all by myself, i did it for free. Some stayed, some moved on to different guilds/games etc. But the fun we had together as a community/family, cannot be paid in money anyway.

• Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    Yep and by putting more money into the system they have actually increased the AD Return of various items in the Auction house. The Auction house items are rarer...but worth more. That's a win for the dungeon delvers.

that's only basing it on the assumption you actually win any good drops worth selling, and out dice roll the other 4, so again, this is invalid...before you could commite to something to aim for any get it in a reasonable fassion, not its just sheer luck and chance or pulling out the credit card LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kacman13 wrote: »
    BoP should have been a part of the game from Beta. Epic gear should ALWAYS be BoP. Rare gear should be BoE. And the only tradeable gear should be common (green or white).

Games that allow the best gear to be sold causes the problem of pay to win. It is the only way that someone can be geared out entirely without playing the game.

For a game to be successful, you need the players to want to PLAY the game to advance. If you can pay to get all the gear you want, what is your purpose to PLAY?

I have not purchased or sold ANYTHING in the AH. I have also not spent even a penny on Zen, let alone hundreds/thousands of dollars as many other pay-to-win people do(I do not have issues with people spending money on the game, as it makes it possible for me to play for free). All the gear I am wearing has been earned by playing and advancing through the game. I currently have a 10.8k GS.

I played the entire solo quest/story part of the game all the way through. I hit level 60 with all blue gear except purple in 2 slots and a GS of 9.1k. I did my first group dungeon at that time and had zero problems running a tier 1 epic. Running the tier 1 epic dungeons got me a full set of tier 1 gear. With full tier 1 gear I can safely run through the tier 2 epic dungeons. There is not a single reason you need to purchase epic gear to play and advance through the game.

The only two reasons why you need the top level gear is for (1)to soothe your E-peen ego or (2)for PvP (because PvP is the only time you will have to compete with the other play-to-win people)

Your whole post reeks of someone who has a problem with people buying gear, yet you will still play the game on the backs of those who do. There are more than 2 reasons to buy gear if it's available for purchase. The reasons you gave are just the two that people with chips on thier shoulders normally list.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Your whole post reeks of someone who has a problem with people buying gear, yet you will still play the game on the backs of those who do. There are more than 2 reasons to buy gear if it's available for purchase. The reasons you gave are just the two that people with chips on thier shoulders normally list.

Excuse me, but it is the exact opposite.

• Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I mean lower the drop rate not how many people who farm epic gear.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me, but it is the exact opposite.

You stated yourself you have never spent a dime on this game. You are playing on the backs of people who do.
  • Options
    kacman13kacman13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Instead of being condescending towards me, how about offering additional reasons why you need to purchase end-game gear?

I do not have any issues with people paying-to-win. But as long as you can advance through the game, by gearing up as you progress, there is no need for you to purchase the end-game gear. I am proof that it is possible in Neverwinter to advance without the need to buy your way through.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You stated yourself you have never spent a dime on this game. You are playing on the backs of people who do.

Erm, i never said that. Mind providing a quote for your claims? :)
    (i guess i know what you've (mis) read. Np, though.)

• Options
    edited August 2013

LoL, I am the one who said that I have not spent any money on NW. Colonelwing just quoted your ignorance.

And as far as not spending money on the game, I also said "I do not have issues with people spending money on the game, as it makes it possible for me to play for free".

Thank you all Zen purchasers for making it possible for me to continue playing a high quality game for free. (Does thanking everyone make it better for you, Skalt112?)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Ok, everybody needs to calm down now. No need for any arguments. :)

Take a deep breath between posts. We are all entitled to our opinions, no more, not less.
    So no need to belittle the opinions of others.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Erm, i never said that. Mind providing a quote for your claims? :)
    (i guess i know what you've (mis) read. Np, though.)

I appologize, very sorry.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kacman13 wrote: »
    LoL, I am the one who said that I have not spent any money on NW. Colonelwing just quoted your ignorance.

And as far as not spending money on the game, I also said "I do not have issues with people spending money on the game, as it makes it possible for me to play for free".

Thank you all Zen purchasers for making it possible for me to continue playing a high quality game for free. (Does thanking everyone make it better for you, Skalt112?)

I appologize. No reason to carry this further.
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm just curious to see what will happen with zen sales. Before, people who were time poor, could spend real money to get the gear they needed off the AH. Now that they can't, what are they going to spend their AD on?

So I'm watching the zen exchange with great interest. If these game changes start to hurt the company's bottom line, then I've a strong suspicion that BOE will make a very quick come back.

Well, that's my hope :)

Been watching the zen exchange as well and it seems that the the exchange rate is getting higher sitting about 390 ad to 1 zen I can see it going higher but not to the max. Problem is there is only a finite amount of AD entering the game every day so I expect given time the AH will settle down and the zen exchange will probably sit about the 400 ad to 1 zen rate.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    Been watching the zen exchange as well and it seems that the the exchange rate is getting higher sitting about 390 ad to 1 zen I can see it going higher but not to the max. Problem is there is only a finite amount of AD entering the game every day so I expect given time the AH will settle down and the zen exchange will probably sit about the 400 ad to 1 zen rate.

If you understand how economies work, than this should not surprise you.

There are 2 laws of economics at work. 1) The increase in the amount of AD (both sold/given with the Feywild pack and the new dailies/salvage) causes inflation. 2) Law of supply/demand was changed by lowering the supply side with the introduction of BoP.

The inflation will not goo away but the supply/demand will even out in due time.
  • Options
    troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    mickwan wrote: »
    do explain how first piece of t2 exist?

Back then it was a lot esear with AS up full time, fast AP generation and 15/20 sec singularity. No ninja nerfs on skills. A lot esear. People will not be able to farm T2 dungeons on their own. it means a team of well geared players will have to carry a friend or guildy thru.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Remember, we're not talking about any kind of time constraint, and I'm not talking about the players using Zerg tactics (so minimal deaths). I'm also no taking into account then using exploits, nor are we including any glitches that the instance may have.

I would say all but CN could be run successfully w/ T1, blues, other purples, unicorn, and maybe 1-2 greens per player. A competent player, to me, is someone who plays their class to its strengths, as well as doing the obvious stuff like avoiding red circles, not aggroing other groups, lets the tank take the first hit, and so on. TBH, it's kinda hard to specifically quantify "competency" as it is in part defined by each specific encounter.

No they cant. Main reason people make mistakes and one mistake will get you one shotted in most T2s with that kind of gear. You cant expect people to be on their A game 100 % of time. Thats just silly. It could be done maybe in old pre patch wersion but definitly not now. Not when nerf bat was swung at all classes and DC was hit with an anvil.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I appologize, very sorry.

Don't worry, i realized you meant to quote the other person. No hate, but i think it was funny xD

Not if you read the tooltips and build your character properly, instead of copying some bs build from forum guides.

This true, but it also depends a bit on which class you are building.

• Options
    zetioozetioo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Bop change was intended so they can later introduce an unbinder item in the zen shop to make more money.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Bottom line is this. People who stockpiled AD and items through exploiting, getting 'lucky', or spending real currency for zen and then exchanging at ultra high rates are the only people getting ahead. The rest of us get pushed out, and then we get bored. This is how perfect world kills their own games. Trying to buy a mount priced at 4 million at 24k a day? Good luck.

It's the last one I will ever buy and definitely the last one by them I will ever play. It makes me sad to see two great franchises, D&D and Neverwinter utterly destroyed by a lack of competence and greed on the developers part.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    g4tt0g4tt0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The main problem with BoP is that the change was done NOW, after months during which "lucky players" farmed DDs like crazy and are now sitting on milions of ADs and have perfect enchants. These ppl don't care about BoP, why would they when they have all already? They surely support it, because nobody can catch up with them (besides spending really huge amount of real money).

The fact is that now it is COMPLETELY pointless to do DDs (the only reason why many ppl were logging into game pre-patch) when you already have T2 set and now you are only saving ADs for better enchants (and that's the situation for pretty much everyone who plays for 1-2 months). When I salvaged swash helmet for 8k - an item that I would sell for ~350k a week ago - I realized how pointless DD is now.

Making a change like this after months of beta/live was the worst decision possible and destroyed the only interesting part of the game - farming dungeons for profit and saving ADs for better items/enchants. I don't really care about earning 24k per character, reloging like a monkey with army of alts is far away from fun for me.

They should make a new fresh shard where items will be BoP - who likes it, let them play it there and put the system back on existing shards as it was pre-patch. The current situation motivates ppl to stop playing, because there is simply no way how to earn some profit for character progression.

It is really sad, NW is great game - but now all we can do is 30 minutes dailies and log off.

As last direct hit to the face was the missed rollback after the nightmare exploit - every "lucky" player got a nightmare worth one month of refining rough ADs cap - this is really starting to be a bad joke.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They did. You are guaranteed BoP items in Dungeon Delves which can often be converted into AD.
    The monster drop rate hasn't been touched and those items can still be sold.

Effectively lowering the drop rate. You can do the dungeon at any time and the only difference is that during DD you will get items which are worth a few thousand AD if you don't need them.

You need to check yourself some. It's not converted into 'AD', it's converted into ROUGH astral diamonds at a pittance of the value. Then, you are LIMITED to the gain per day to the cap.

Stop pretending that diamonds are raining from the dungeons.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not if you read the tooltips and build your character properly, instead of copying some bs build from forum guides.

In other word clone stamp builds... How exiting. What ever happened to D&D i wonder. PvPers are put on unfair disadvantage from the get go unless they have friends who are willing to gear them up. What you fail to realise not all have time to sink in to game. Even paying players will have to do that with BoP system. And most of the time people pay is because they cant devote much time. This game is the definition of casual friendly untill 60. It in no way prepares one for end game. To expect people to be leet players from get go is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. How many do you think will quit after three or four failed runs in a row with no other way to progress on their character? It is going to be common now. With all "fixes" to make 11K players satisfied, since they find the game now too easy. Dungeons need to be revamped accordingly.

The game can not live only of off old players it needs to attract new ones as well.
  • Options
    tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    Why are people saying that they can only make 24k ad a day? It is still easy to make much more. Maybe not as easy as before but still not much of a burden.
    If you have your T2 set, keep running T2 inis at any time. 3 epic items drop most of the time in that dungeon (if you skip, hop and cheat maybe less) and each time (if you agree on greed at the beginning) it's a nice 20% chance. Some of these items, like the e.g the Armor of madness (i think thats the name, drops somewhere in Spellplague) was worth i think 1 or two 2k before the patch. You can salvage it or sell it for 8 or 9k (not 100% sure of the current prices). If you are lucky, you get your hands on a T2 or T1 set item and sell it for a price that mirrors the value of teh item.
    Being that you are not bound by the dd event, you can run dozens of dungeons a day on your own time without the rush of wanting to do 5 dungeons in one hour, mix them up for some variety and each item you pick up will be worth much more then before the patch.
    Belive me, it works. I still have 2 chars that are not geared in T2, so i run dungeons with them and realized that i make a nice amount of ad just from the boss drops. I run maybe 15 dungeons since the patch, not that many really, was pretty much broke before cause i bought a stone for one of my alts. Just bought a T3 Mount, opened a few boxes for fun and had enough for the key for Malabog and other things. So don't give me that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, that you can't make enough AD now. If your world crumbles because you don't make 1 or 2 million a day, well thats just a little sad.
  • Options
    g4tt0g4tt0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    You need to check yourself some. It's not converted into 'AD', it's converted into ROUGH astral diamonds at a pittance of the value. Then, you are LIMITED to the gain per day to the cap.

Well said.

As for the non-BoP drops, yes they are very rare now and much more expensive - but who will buy them? Old players already have them and new players will mostly give up before they can save enough ADs to buy them (or they will get BoP from DD themselves).

How can someone call this "win for the dungeon delvers" ?? This is nothing else than epic lost.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    daschla wrote: »

Actually there are more AD coming in to the game as Cryptic have given you more avenues to make AD. They have added the salvager so you can convert your BOP items to ruff AD they have the dailies which give refined AD and now there is the Lord Nevermeber dailies which rewards ruff AD and you also have the AD that are given to players that purchase the packs these are the only ways new AD enter the system.

I think what you mean is that you are not making as much AD from doing DD as you used. But you should still be able to make a decent amount of AD from the non-BOP items that the boss
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If no one is buying your items then there priced to high the market will only support what people are willing to pay.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    Actually there are more AD coming in to the game as Cryptic have given you more avenues to make AD. They have added the salvager so you can convert your BOP items to ruff AD they have the dailies which give refined AD and now there is the Lord Nevermeber dailies which rewards ruff AD and you also have the AD that are given to players that purchase the packs these are the only ways new AD enter the system.

I think what you mean is that you are not making as much AD from doing DD as you used. But you should still be able to make a decent amount of AD from the non-BOP items that the boss

24k a day is terrible. The way they created the system is that they're entering ad into the game, spreading it out to every player and denying people to make any significant amount, leading to frustration/quitting when the p2winners can just buy zen.