What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People who agree with BoP.

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I warned the DEVs over and over that if they put in BoP on dd chests it will kill the game. And that is exactly what is happening. No one wants to run a dungeon for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they only get 10k or less for. It is just NOT WORTH THE TIME. This is why queues are getting longer. You can try and argue that the players are just running the skirmish but that is because there is NO incentive to run a dungeon when you already have the gear. If you can't sell the drops what's the point in running a dungeon? So players run the skirmish because it's actually worth the time right now.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    I warned the DEVs over and over that if they put in BoP on dd chests it will kill the game. And that is exactly what is happening. No one wants to run a dungeon for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they only get 10k or less for. It is just NOT WORTH THE TIME. This is why queues are getting longer. You can try and argue that the players are just running the skirmish but that is because there is NO incentive to run a dungeon when you already have the gear. If you can't sell the drops what's the point in running a dungeon? So players run the skirmish because it's actually worth the time right now.

Actually players running less dungeons is good for the game, it means they play a large variety of content, and shouldn't get bored too soon.

What you don't get is that the devs WANT players to do less dungeons and more of something else.
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I noticed that the gear I got out of the chest in pirates was bind on pickup.. Is this something that is supposed to happen? I didn't approve of it, at all.. and now, unless I level my wizards tailoring to 20, I won't be able to get the reinforced version of her gloves because suddenly everything costs 2 million AD on the AH...

I won't be buying anything, or spending a dime irl on this game until it's clear to me what is going on, and if this is how it's going to be, a lengthy 24k a day grind of diamonds...I won't be logging in, either.

You know I said it's true
    I can feel the love
    Can you feel it too
    I can feel it ah-ah
    I can feel it ah-ah-ah-ah, yeah
    Na-na-na-na
    No, oh, oh, yeah
    No, no, no, no
    I gotta tell you (tell you)

Tell you (tell you)

(You know I said it's true)
    So true
    You know I said it's true

Not liking this BoP.
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    They should have implemented BOP from the start, but lacked the foresight to do so. Now that have implemented a tried and true method of adding longevity to a game after people have been playing for months. What did they think the reaction would be?

No they shouldn't have. they simply don't have enough content to make BoP work. I have 2 T2 sets cobbled together from DD runs and the auction house I think that is great. But I will never be able to get an ancient main because it would take 7-8 hours a day for three monts to bel able to afford the item, and i've been trying to run CN since last Thurs and haven't had a group of more than 3 show up.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Actually players running less dungeons is good for the game, it means they play a large variety of content, and shouldn't get bored too soon.

What you don't get is that the devs WANT players to do less dungeons and more of something else.

Great as soon as that content is released we will have something to do.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Let's See if I waste another hour Queued up. Taking wagers.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    Let's See if I waste another hour Queued up. Taking wagers.

Roll a GF or a DC and enjoy instant queue offers.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    T1 Gear can completed T2 Dungeons but you need Rank 7+ Enchants with a Pet stacking more gear and Rank 7+ enchants.

The Gear itself is minor in comparison to enchants.

This is what I've been complaining about for a looong time, nothing is done.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Roll a GF or a DC and enjoy instant queue offers.

I enjoy playing my DC, but goodness is my GF a chore to play. I wish they'd give them some more maneuverability and rework aggro mechanics! :/
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm just curious to see what will happen with zen sales. Before, people who were time poor, could spend real money to get the gear they needed off the AH. Now that they can't, what are they going to spend their AD on?

So I'm watching the zen exchange with great interest. If these game changes start to hurt the company's bottom line, then I've a strong suspicion that BOE will make a very quick come back.

Well, that's my hope :)
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    ~20% of the playerbase are typically 'competent'. 80% are 'below average' skill. Not attacking the 80%, they are still on the learning curve, and maybe with enough experience they will become part of the '20%'.

Evidence? Its speculation based on observation. Same question has been posed in just about every mmo since '99.
  • Options
    demochalorddemochalord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can understand why BoP is important, i also think BoE is too.
    My mates and i are gamers and will (if a game suits us enough) play a lot of it. That being said, Only myself and one other are playing this and we don't normally group with others and we don't play this to the degree that others do, my mate for example only plays on weekends and even then only played this for a few hours.
    BoE comes in handy for players who don't want to turn a game into a chore/job. Its good for those that don't want to spend large amounts of time repeating the same job/chore/quest/dungeon on the off chance the item they like will drop. That suits me and my friend well, when not grouped together we tend to solo, so dungeon only items that may or may not drop are more likely to send me looking for a different game.
    BoP comes in handy for those who are willing (and able) to put in the time and effort to play long enough to obtain these items of somewhat uniqueness and power.

With all that being said, BoP for the elitist few who can play that much. BoE for the players who just like to have a good time with friends online. Keep it balanced.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, Zen/Diamond ratio is getting worse. Reasons may be:

- Less people purchasing Zen
    - More people spending diamonds for Zen

In short, this game just took one giant leap towards P2W. It wasn't too bad before, but it seems to get worse and worse. Soon you'll basically HAVE to buy Zen to sell for diamonds to buy gear. That, or settle for GG T2 gear.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    third reason: more AD is in the game than before.

Especially because every Knight of the Feywild came with 600K AD and much more AD is coming into the game via the dailies and new skirmish. Yes the amount of Zen:AD is lower or remaining lower...because there's more AD in the game than before.
  • Options
    willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    I have a Level 60 TR i like playing only and now since he got his gear, no point in doing t2s which i could do before... Hate BoP
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Especially because every Knight of the Feywild came with 600K AD and much more AD is coming into the game via the dailies and new skirmish. Yes the amount of Zen:AD is lower or remaining lower...because there's more AD in the game than before.

Well said, Mr.

I think the few that are complaining are just angry, because they cannot earn 750k AD within 15 minutes anymore. Personally, i do apreciate these changes a lot for obvious reasons.

To the criers... >>> if you need something, try working for it instead of expecting to be given everything cheap/for free.

(it's reminding me of Walmart, somehow. When the spoiled children collapse in tears, because the evil Mommy didn't buy them something they wanted.)

All the best.

• Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013

so the company willingly and intentionally sold mass amounts of AD in packs, the rest of us who did not buy packs have to work ten times harder due to artificial inflation? pretty crappy excuse sorry, i can't even continue my though on this matter with out the tread getting locked but it delves with in the lines of W2P<<--(read that last part in reverse....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BOP=game over man. It's that simple how hard can it be to understand this? I for one don't get anyone of you who love the idea of BOP. How can we make AD in a large amount in a short time fame if we can't sell the loot?

BTW AD is need for about everything (gold for only pots and meds) just had put that out if you all lost your god dang minds.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    BOP=game over man. It's that simple how hard can it be to understand this? I for one don't get anyone of you who love the idea of BOP. How can we make AD in a large amount in a short timefame if we can't sell the loot?

BTW AD is need for about everything (gold for only pots and meds) just had put that out if you all lost your god dang minds.

You were never supposed to earn massive AD "in a short period of time". Gaining lots of ingame currency usually involves hard work. So, if you wish to buy something... Work for it. These changes are the best thing that has happened to the game, so far. You should be thankful, but i guess you fail to comprehend what the devs intention is, at all.

Have a nice day, though.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    You can't make large amount of Astral Diamonds in short time if the gear is so common everybody has it and they sell for a pittance, if at all.

If the gear is rarer, the price will go up.

Printing money doesn't make everybody in the country/world rich it simply devalues the currency. The items are only worth what people will spend on them and the more people who do dungeons, the more drops there and the less the drops are worth.

If items are too common the only solution is to make them rarer. This is simple economics and should be understood by every person in the world. And this is why simply disliking the idea, without understanding economic systems, isn't enough to logically argue against the inclusion of this system.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You can't make large amount of AD in short time if the gear is so common everybody has it.

Gear is rarer, the price will go up.

Printing money doesn't make everybody in the country/world rich it simply devalues the currency. The items are only worth what people will spend on them and the more people who do dungeons, the more drops there and the less the drops are worth.

If items are too common the only solution is to make them rarer. This is simple economics and should be understood by every person in the world. And this is why simply disliking the idea, without understanding economic systems, isn't enough to logically argue against the inclusion of this system.

This.

T2/T3 items are high end - end game equips. It would not make sense if they were easily available.
    Heck, i can remember when i used to play Perfect World... my guild would be fighting a boss 100 times, for several hours each, just to get the chance at a necklace which had a droprate of 0.5%. Within a year of playing we had gotten said item to drop a whole 3 times. But guess what, we actually had a lot of fun doing it.

These lazy people nowadays...

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You were never supposed to earn massive AD "in a short period of time". Gaining lots of ingame currency usually involves hard work. So, if you wish to buy something... Work for it. These changes are the best thing that has happened to the game, so far. You should be thankful, but i guess you fail to comprehend what the devs intention is, at all.

Have a nice day, though.

Normally I try and not think of any aspect of a game I play as "Hard work".
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Have a nice day, though.
    Not ****ing anymore we can't. I seen/hear people where gold was main currency in the game to make millions in a week time. Guess what AD is our gold to most other games. One more thing not real life so why should I or anyone work hard for things in a game?

Edit: Then make the bloody drop rate for said items lower not this.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not ****ing anymore we can't. I seen/hear people where gold was main currency in the game to make millions in a week time. Guess what AD is our gold to most other games. One more thing not real life so why should I or anyone work hard for things in a game?

Because other people are paying for it. You can not have for free, what others are spending their hard earned money on. You may try to farm for it, but that involves a huge time investment. This is how f2p has always been, since back in the old days of Last Chaos (11 years ago, btw). So this is nothing new and should have been expected.

• Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    You can't make large amount of Astral Diamonds in short time if the gear is so common everybody has it and they sell for a pittance, if at all.

If the gear is rarer, the price will go up.

but that is exactly what PWE is doing, printing out AD in mass from the packs while others "play" to acquire it, introducing more AD while making what can be used on AD less/rarer is just Condescending, now things are less readily available, while certain people have a mass amount of AD advantage to access such items, meaning those who are even able to sell there stuff any more know of the mass inflation of AD into the economy and just jack the prices up more, creating the haves and have nots, and over time causes a even bigger gap to the point of any 1 just starting this game is gonna have 1 hell of a time trying to even get remotely on par with other players by end game. some time's i wonder if you guys even played other F2P games before......cause this is a common trend that is pretty dam obvious to spot. honestly this new system isn't fooling any one, and those who defend it are just looking for just cause to justifies there purchases and time spent, which is fair enough and understandable but also places them in a blind sighted categorise where i have to serious questions there agenda.

these kinda new changes only prone and promote people buying AD/Gold from 3rd party illegal sites. so this encourages more exploits...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Once you hit level 60, the only real motivation to keep playing is to earn all these cool items, companions, mounts, etc. But each every patch seems to put more restrictions on ways for players to earn AD. The way these games should work is that you should be able to pay for the convenience of skipping gameplay (i.e. buying Zen to simply buy these items) or you should have to put in enough time in game to earn them through quests, crafting, etc. This is fine, but it shouldn't be misrepresented as fun or enjoyable. It's work. There's no other word for it. You are doing repetitive tasks that are not fun so that you can earn virtual items. This is a common MMO gameplay strategy, and it's fine as long as the "work" doesn't require so much time that you'd rather not play the game at all.

With each and every restriction you put on the player's ability to amass AD, it gets closer to that feeling.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    kacman13kacman13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BoP should have been a part of the game from Beta. Epic gear should ALWAYS be BoP. Rare gear should be BoE. And the only tradeable gear should be common (green or white).

Games that allow the best gear to be sold causes the problem of pay to win. It is the only way that someone can be geared out entirely without playing the game.

For a game to be successful, you need the players to want to PLAY the game to advance. If you can pay to get all the gear you want, what is your purpose to PLAY?

I have not purchased or sold ANYTHING in the AH. I have also not spent even a penny on Zen, let alone hundreds/thousands of dollars as many other pay-to-win people do(I do not have issues with people spending money on the game, as it makes it possible for me to play for free). All the gear I am wearing has been earned by playing and advancing through the game. I currently have a 10.8k GS.

I played the entire solo quest/story part of the game all the way through. I hit level 60 with all blue gear except purple in 2 slots and a GS of 9.1k. I did my first group dungeon at that time and had zero problems running a tier 1 epic. Running the tier 1 epic dungeons got me a full set of tier 1 gear. With full tier 1 gear I can safely run through the tier 2 epic dungeons. There is not a single reason you need to purchase epic gear to play and advance through the game.

The only two reasons why you need the top level gear is for (1)to soothe your E-peen ego or (2)for PvP (because PvP is the only time you will have to compete with the other play-to-win people)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Because other people are paying for it. You can not have for free, what others are spending their hard earned money on. You may try to farm for it, but that involves a huge time investment. This is how f2p has always been, since back in the old days of Last Chaos (11 years ago, btw). So this is nothing new and should have been expected.
    Time for changes but no you "old school" guys couldn't have that now could you?
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Time for changes but no you "old school" guys couldn't have that now could you?

The game doesn't stay alive, from water and love.

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Heck, i can remember when i used to play Perfect World... my guild would be fighting a boss 100 times, for several hours each, just to get the chance at a necklace which had a droprate of 0.5%. Within a year of playing we had gotten said item to drop a whole 3 times. But guess what, we actually had a lot of fun doing it.

If that's your idea of fun, then you sir are a very scary person! To be honest, I'm not sure why you're playing Neverwinter, surely an asian grinder would be more to your style.

Anyway, Neverwinter used to be a very solo/casual friendly game. But not anymore. Perhaps that's a good thing, maybe the hardcore crowd is where the money is, I dunno.

But I do know, if it wasn't for the foundry, I'd have been driven out of this game long ago.