Install Arc
Options

Release Notes: NW.5.20130812b.2

13»

Comments

• Options
    blackargonianblackargonian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So now, with the simple fact that GWF will be as useful for DPS as a cleric, why do we get determination from kills anymore? Makes no sense, we are all Sentinels Or Destroyers to Cryptic? Because those builds will be the only ones with decent Determination gain, and it won't be from kills for sure. Guess my Instigator GWF will never get into a party again thanks to the slam nerf... Until I get the legendary armor set, then it will get nerfed because nothing is tested before-hand, and then I might finally delete my very first character I had such high hopes for.
    ~Characters~
    <Level 60s>
    Randy Mirage {GWF}|Raiden Mirage {CW}|Aegis Mirage {GF}|Shadow Mirage {TR}|Elena Mirage {DC}|Ryder Mirage {GF}|Zoey Mirage{GWF}|Tammy Mirage {TR}|Trish Mirage {CW}|Tarik Mirage {DC}|Miranda Mirage {HR}

<Below Level 60>
    |Felix Mirage {HR} | Misery Mirage (DC)| Agony Mirage (GWF)

All under @blackargonian, feel free to add me if you want.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    These Companions aren't even on the PreviewShard right now. Not in ZEN Market, not in the Hall.

Nothing in the new zone either.

EDIT: nevermind they removed this from the patch notes:

Companions
    Cold Iron Warrior: This companion's Iron Strike ability now has a 30 second cooldown on the knockdown effect vs. Fey creatures.
    Sprite: This companion now properly uses her Split the Tree ability.
    Storm Rider: Ice Arrow's damage has been decreased to balance out its faster attack speed.
    Storm Rider: The power now syncs more smoothly with its animation and visual FX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shuy1shuy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Meh, shield should have a cap on AP gain, not a flat 5%.

Say: it can hits like before but the AP gained are 5% *5 mobs maximum so 25% max AP gain from shield if you manage to hit 5 targets.

Making it a flat 5% is just..dumb.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One thing I did just notice and don't know if it has been mentioned is that now the glowing enchantment effects work if you transmuted your CW orb into a magic tome xD
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since youre nerfing stalwart bulwark can you please make grand regent better?
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    chidy1776 wrote: »
    Since youre nerfing stalwart bulwark can you please make grand regent better?

I think the main point is getting overlooked. The set rework is moot. The truth is that anyone who used the armor now stands to lose alot of money and resources they have accumulated over time. The fact is, its not a nerf on a set of items, rather a brutal tax on a player pool who used it. Taking money, taking time. And giving nothing back except lame reasons and excuses. This targets players.... not the actual item. ... and that gentlemen is disgraceful in every way.

Forget the changes, this is OP that isnt... pfft.. irrelevant .

Players are having alot, a whole lot of time and money stolen. Thats the issue, and its unacceptable.
  • Options
    chieftain8489chieftain8489 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    j1709 wrote: »
    Since devs will start balances and changes to both feats and powers for classes, it would be appreciated if we players could get a complimentary reset in order for us to re-plot our characters in line with the game's changes.

This should be for each of our characters as many of us have alts.
  • Options
    samvenicesamvenice Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    I think the main point is getting overlooked. The set rework is moot. The truth is that anyone who used the armor now stands to lose alot of money and resources they have accumulated over time. The fact is, its not a nerf on a set of items, rather a brutal tax on a player pool who used it. Taking money, taking time. And giving nothing back except lame reasons and excuses. This targets players.... not the actual item. ... and that gentlemen is disgraceful in every way.

Forget the changes, this is OP that isnt... pfft.. irreverent.

Players are having alot, a whole lot of time and money stolen. Thats the issue, and its unacceptable.

IF ANYTHING, all enchants slotted on Stalwart Bulwark (if not on every piece of gear for GFs) should be made removable for free AND a free full respec should be granted to all GFs.
    (not to mention the fact that due to wrong level requirement and set being patched, some of us had to farm it *2* times if the last piece was collected post "all set are now lv60 req" patch)

Wouldn't make it right - as it's still absolutely BS - but at least would put some lube on this "rework".
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    RIP GWF
    Unstoppable is mega bugged on minic Losing unstoppable randomly
    Slam was like 80% dps and got 60% nerf so dc dose as much dps
    t1 PVP set still heals well to much in pvp with necro weapon(nerf t1 not unstoppable)
    Tr off tanks better than gf with def dodge nerfs
    single target dps on gwf is as much as a comapion
    Not 1 item upgrade in new mod

all hail Perma Stealth TR
    no Fix to perma stealth
    Glooming now dose insane dps on boss's

CW RIP
    No Shield for ap in pve
    PVP 200% cc imunity chest enchantment so cc sucks

Come on PWE do you think about any thing you should give GWF and CW option to change into a tr and same for there items if these nots go live as you have defo killed GWF I my self have tr and will just unbind best gems on to tr but these notes are so wrong even end game tr I know say there wrong
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    samvenice wrote: »
    IF ANYTHING, all enchants slotted on Stalwart Bulwark (if not on every piece of gear for GFs) should be made removable for free AND a free full respec should be granted to all GFs.
    (not to mention the fact that due to wrong level requirement and set being patched, some of us had to farm it *2* times if the last piece was collected post "all set are now lv60 req" patch)

Wouldn't make it right - as it's still absolutely BS - but at least would put some lube on this "rework".

Have a guildmate tell me he probably wont play anymore because of this. He had two old pieces then got the rest of the set and found out they didnt work together so he had to refarm the two new pieces he was missing. Then not even 3 days later this comes out. He looks at thjs game as a money pit and that pwe dossnt care about him as a customer. Sry to be so negative but i dnt think these kind of changes are for the better. Most other GF sets are mediocore at best. Im ok with a small nerf to the stalwart set, but these changes are to much. I cant believe that if pee thinks stalwart is op they didnt fivure that out in play testing. Ive had my stalwart set since the patch that broke it, sucks that after all that farming and gemming i only grt to use it for what, two weeks?

I would like to see something like a 1-2% reduction on the set bonus, or at the very least a buff to other GF sef bonuses. Considering protector is sub par and has a lot of bugs we need a set that gives us respectable damage.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It would be pleasing if by any chance a complete reset would be possible with the coming changes. A lot of players are definitely looking forward to a positive response to this request.

I also hope that the changes to Stalwart Bulwark would be retracted as well. Item sets slotted with various high end enchantments and have been transmuted isn't as easy to replace/change unlike "balanced" feats and stats. Some builds tend to work around item sets much more than their power/feat setup. Not to mention this "reworked" set just doesn't compare to how the set used to work. I am a TR player, not a GF, but I believe this change in the set is just uncalled for. No one was complaining about it. Rather, GF's have been leaning towards it due to how their T2 sets grow pale in comparison to Stalwart Bulwark's 4 pc. set effect.

Looking forward to hearing more news from the Cryptic Team regarding these recent changes!

PS. Please note that I play as a Trickster Rogue! I haven't tried a Guardian Fighter in all my stay in the game, but anyone can understand the implications of how this set change will impact the overall effectiveness of most Guardian Fighters who invested in their Stalwart Bulwarks. Whether it be too powerful for a T1 set, it just doesn't merit a change that will severely throw their investments down the drain.

going cost me a lot to unslot all my gwf items and put them in my tr items or gf items any chance of changing you mind about destroying the most unwanted pve class more. costs me over 320k per g tene unslot that's hell a lot ad.

also a lot us had to pay to unslot to go from t1 to t2 gf just got w8 bit longer
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There better be a HUGE compensation for people who have to again deal with the Stalwart set being changed once again. I mean this is just ridiculous.
    Why did you guys wait until the Feywild patch to change it when it should of been done at the same time when the Valiant set was completely broken.

Logic. It's like you guys purposely try to kill your own game and then try to see how many players remain after each patch. It's like almost intentional.

If something THAT important should of been fixed do it first then and not last. In all honesty it's unfair in a broad general sense and I personally don't care what you guys do because I always have an answer to it anyways.

I am probably 10 steps ahead of the devs anyways and know what they do each time. I already worked around the stalwart nerf and found something that will do the same what stalwart did.

It's like you purchase a home with the features you pay for and then months later the builder says that "Oh this granite top...yea we have to downgrade it because it just looks too valuable to your home", "Oh and all the Energy saving appliances you got...yea we are changing it too to make it NON Energy saving because we felt it was too OP in energy savings"

****ing Logic.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's like they purposely waited until the FoF release to do the change in order to milk as much money as they could out of people then simultaneously dangle something new in their faces to attempt to keep them around a bit longer. Kind of leaves a bad taste.
  • Options
    saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow... I bought part of the bulwark set, if this change goes live can we get refunds for no longer having the set bonus that WE BOUGHT INTO?!

I don't know that I'm ever going to spend another penny on this game. especially If I buy into something and it being changed after. I paid for that 4-set bonus. As I'm sure many others did... this game is becoming to much of a gamble for me....
    <SHADRA> Guild House currently open: NW-DBSTUHWLT
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow... I bought part of the bulwark set, if this change goes live can we get refunds for no longer having the set bonus that WE BOUGHT INTO?!

I don't know that I'm ever going to spend another penny on this game. especially If I buy into something and it being changed after. I paid for that 4-set bonus. As I'm sure many others did... this game is becoming to much of a gamble for me....

Apologies for using your post in this way, but you do perfectly illustrate why Tene's will never, ever be nerfed and will continue to be the source of most of the whining about OP classes.

If people get upset for being nerfed out of their AD's, it will be a lot more when it's about real life $$.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I bought a cat and now it will cost less ADs, please refund me the difference. And the keys are now cheaper, can you give me all the zen wasted buying keys before this event? And refund me all the money spent on Dragon eggs and my epic shirt/pants, after the Tymora's event, they are at 1/4 of his prize.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    From a PVP perspective, for every TR and GWF complaining about the changes there are 4 people wondering why the hell it took so long to implement them. Seems every arena has at least 3-4 rogues, proof positive that something was out of whack as far as I'm concerned. I think the patch notes describe the GWF "unstoppable" situation pretty clearly.

No offense...but I don't give a ***** about PVP. Yet you don't care that your whines about PVP makes those playing PVE suffer.
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited August 2013
    alot of these changes seem oriented towards PvP more than PvE. They should be left alone in the PVE realm and while in PVP you should get a buff icon that changes all the skills to be more in line with PvP. They are two completely different realms and changes to both do not reflect equally.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    This was brought up today internally. A decision was not yet reached but it is still being decided for sure. Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer at the moment.

Regarding free respecs: Yes, there will be one available for use when the patch hits Thursday. Just click the button in the bottom left of the powers window and it should prompt you.

This is for all characters and classes.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Regarding free respecs: Yes, there will be one available for use when the patch hits Thursday. Just click the button in the bottom left of the powers window and it should prompt you.

Probably weird that I'm looking more forward to using that than anything else that day game-wise. Oh, well, it's something, at least.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This is good to know. I just want to make sure; last time we got a free respect some people reported it didn't stack with free respecs already available. Are you going to make sure this doesn't happen next Thursday?
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    This is good to know. I just want to make sure; last time we got a free respect some people reported it didn't stack with free respecs already available. Are you going to make sure this doesn't happen next Thursday?

I think they stated last time that free respecs don't stack. It's intentional.

BTW what happened to the Sharandar quest Tomorrow and Tomorrow? I got it once and then it disappeared. Is it just a one-off quest?
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read this from another forum post, but seriously? Is this the first MMO you are playing? If there's a nerf inc, you all go "OMG what the heck are the devs doing they're total s*** I'm going to uninstall the game". There have always been nerfs, and there will always be, you just have to live with it (or, then, uninstall the game, but I think it's not a big loss for world if you do it on your own, not on the forums).

If your reactions are like that in a game, I just really wonder what kind of persons you are in real life.

/personality_changing_internet_filter_off
  • Options
    washmyballswashmyballs Banned Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    alot of these changes seem oriented towards PvP more than PvE. They should be left alone in the PVE realm and while in PVP you should get a buff icon that changes all the skills to be more in line with PvP. They are two completely different realms and changes to both do not reflect equally.

i was totally thinking the same. other games have done this.
This discussion has been closed.