test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Changes

honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
See: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=958251

A few things stand out to me:
Eye of the Storm: This power previously added too much damage for the duration that it lasted. Rather than redesign the auto-crit aspect, it now procs a bit more reliably, but does not last as long.
This power now has a 3% chance to trigger from At-will powers, and is 3 times more likely to trigger from Encounters and Dailies.
Ranking up the power now also increases the proc chance, resulting in a 5-15% proc rate based on power type used.
Its duration has been greatly reduced, and now lasts for 2-3 seconds based on rank.

Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly multiplies its Action Point gain for every target hit.
Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly builds a stack of Arcane Mastery for every target hit,

Thoughts?
Post edited by honoraryorange on

Comments

• Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    My thoughts are just cry as much as the tr's and we wont get nerfed! No clue how bad the shield nerf is but eye of the storm sounds terrible now atleast when the cd will be the same as it is atm.
    What makes me kinda laught is the snap freeze nerf. They nerfing a feat that isn't even working for chillstrike on tab so they are faster nerfing a nonworking feat rather than fixing it.
    And maybe they should play their own game a bit more to see that eye isn't to much dmg gain. Well it's nice when u can hit a target dummy for the whole duration but in a real enviroment either pvp or pve u have to dodge while its up so u dont even benefit from it's 'long' duration.
    Imagin it only lasts like 3 seconds now. That's like 100% crit chance for 1 spell. Such a nonsense.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, infinite black holes were fun while they lasted.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Damage: that some hefty nerfs for the two main Class Features.

2. Control: even more hefty nerfs to Shield Pulse, especially the AP one!

Has anyone actually played with these changes?
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL...there goes the cookie cutter EF on tab + Sing + Shield "spec" :P

I know I am going to regret posting this, but I couldnt help it. Totally uncalled for :P
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    U will need EF on tab even more so no more chillstrike dps specc....
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    LOL...there goes the cookie cutter EF on tab + Sing + Shield "spec" :P

I know I am going to regret posting this, but I couldnt help it. Totally uncalled for :P

Indeed, there goes the "Control" in Control Wizard in Feywild!
  • Options
    aklqop1aklqop1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't care less about the change to the shield ap gain, but from PVP perspective, snap freeze loses 5% on chill strike and IR and won't affect ice knife nor icestorm, ouch. Eye of the storm went from random class passive to random class passive, ok...
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aklqop1 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the change to the shield ap gain, but from PVP perspective, snap freeze loses 5% on chill strike and IR and won't affect ice knife nor icestorm, ouch. Eye of the storm went from random class passive to random class passive, ok...

I think the vast majority care more about PvE than the 2 PvP maps, and the GG zerg fest. It's not like Snap Freeze was a staple for anyone playing PvP. Sure if you want to create a 100% PvP CW you would pick it up, but CWs have so many options in PvP, many of which are equally viable.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the vast majority care more about PvE than the 2 PvP maps, and the GG zerg fest. It's not like Snap Freeze was a staple for anyone playing PvP. Sure if you want to create a 100% PvP CW you would pick it up, but CWs have so many options in PvP, many of which are equally viable.

Snap Freeze was a lovely boon in PVP. I run Icy Rays, Chill Strike, Ice Knife and Ice Storm all the time. It won't be a deal-breaker, but I enjoyed the extra damage.

Here's what so lame about Shield: Now running Castle Never will most likely be 3 CWs, 1 DC, and 1 DPS (mainly TRs). I had no trouble running CN with 2 CWs, but with the Shield nerfs, AP gain will be significantly diminished, forcing a 3 CW to keep up the AS. *shrug*

It's like Cryptic is trying to kill their own game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    aklqop1aklqop1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Ok, and you'll be slightly less effective tossing zillions of adds off ledges. Hopefully foundry pvp maps will be a reality because some of the end game content is truly mindless.
  • Options
    pokinatchapunxpokinatchapunx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's like Cryptic is trying to kill their own game.

It's not the first time Cryptic has missed the boat. It won't be the last. I've played all of their MMOs. They're well-known for their slow-coming clumsy nerfs. Don't expect shield to be worth the encounter slot again for at least a year.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me point out every class seems to be getting similar nerfs.
    the multiplier for every target hit is also affecting the clerics sun burst.
    this was a bug not a feature. also they seem to be correcting things that
    were counting as encounter/atwill/daily mistakenly for everyone.

and they seem to be mildly cutting down on high crit/dps
    the rogues are still getting nerfed just not as much as was being tested.

everyone thinks these were pvp nerfs but a lot of the best pvp powers were not touched.
    they seem to be hitting high crit and dps powers across the board
    my thought is because people complained the game is to easy so they are cutting everyones
    dps/crit to make bosses harder.

Here I have a box press the button and it will nerf a class that is not yours...
    what they don't tell you is after you press the button the give the box to another class.

if everyone is nerfed Noone is nerfed so try to keep calm till faywild is out and we can see how this effects us.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow. Suddenly, so much makes sense.

The Control Wizard I created for myself over on Mimic to test things about before August 22nd didn't have the awesome AP-gain with powers like [tab]Entangling Force/Steal Time/Shield Release that people boasted could spam singularities back to back despite having Int23/Wis21 and a favoring of the Recovery stat.

Now it just becomes clear that it wasn't possible for me to do so all along. o.O
  • Options
    r0bir0ttenr0bir0tten Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, lets kill the oppressor build some more so we are forced to all make damage builds.
  • Options
    ragulolragulol Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    Oh wow....
    1) Eye of the Storm: This power previously added too much damage for the duration that it lasted. Rather than redesign the auto-crit aspect, it now procs a bit more reliably, but does not last as long.
    This power now has a 3% chance to trigger from At-will powers, and is 3 times more likely to trigger from Encounters and Dailies.
    Ranking up the power now also increases the proc chance, resulting in a 5-15% proc rate based on power type used.
    Its duration has been greatly reduced, and now lasts for 2-3 seconds based on rank.
    It was good in PvP, but there was more or equally usefull in PvE, if they will not change internal cooldown for it, or remove it completely it will be useless, which is sad (

2)Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly multiplies its Action Point gain for every target hit.
    Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly builds a stack of Arcane Mastery for every target hit, resulting in situations where hitting 5 targets would both max the stacks while also instantly reducing its own cooldown.
    Kinda had it comming with all non-CW players whining about us using daily more often then they use their encounters. Not a bad change in terms of ballance for PvE, but giving that noone else can manage ads in CN\SP\... this will result in 3-CW groups, which is kinda counter-productive to what developers would want to see imo. They need to give the ability to insta-kill ads to other classes(like GF\GWF) or remove it completly, but this will require reworking most of current dungeons.

3)Storm Pillar: Hitting targets with at least a half charged Storm Pillar now refreshes the duration of Arcane Mastery stacks on the player and any Chill stacks on the target.
    This is interesting... with the revorking of EoTS and the ability Pillar to crit correctly, my guess that we will see Storm pillar as main-at-will+evocation+chilling presence... or not xd

4)Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat was previously offering too much bonus damage for a feat that was so easy to access. The overall damage boost from this feat has been reduced by 5% and it no longer affects Daily powers.
    WTH? it was not THAT good... now it will affect what? like just IR in PvP(becouse IR is better than CS)

Class needed some tweaks in PvE, but all this changes(exept shield) nerf us in PvP which is kinda dumb, and the shield change will result in even more CW in one group(3CW-DC-TR FTW!) with all the GF\GWF and even TR shouting "LFG" in PE
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I play both PvE and PvP and I care much more about the Snap Freeze nerf than the rest. It's a huge nerf, and totally unwarranted. They are already making it much harder to have a guaranteed Ice Knife crit on a target with the changes to Eye of the Storm, and now they won't even let you set one up with the extra damage from Snap Freeze with the standard EF + Ice Knife combo. They should have placed it a bit farther in the tree instead of nerfing it so **** much.

There aren't that many viable options for a CW in PvP when playing against the top players in the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I play both PvE and PvP and I care much more about the Snap Freeze nerf than the rest. It's a huge nerf, and totally unwarranted. They are already making it much harder to have a guaranteed Ice Knife crit on a target with the changes to Eye of the Storm, and now they won't even let you set one up with the extra damage from Snap Freeze with the standard EF + Ice Knife combo. They should have placed it a bit farther in the tree instead of nerfing it so **** much.

There aren't that many viable options for a CW in PvP when playing against the top players in the game.

Agreed 100%, they could just swap Snap freeze for transcended master or far spell
  • Options
    maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i dont see how Eye of storm was a nerf i was just on the test server and the skill procs so much its not funny it dosent even matter that the duration was rduced the sheer proc rate of it is insane
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maxillion2 wrote: »
    i dont see how Eye of storm was a nerf i was just on the test server and the skill procs so much its not funny it dosent even matter that the duration was rduced the sheer proc rate of it is insane

The patch notes are inadequate on the Eye of the Storm point. If Eye of the Storm's internal cooldown was reduced, then the buff-duration nerf might actually be a wash, in terms of over-time damage. Hell, the Feature might end up better for PvE purposes. Your experience tends to suggest that the internal cooldown was reduced.

If Eye of the Storm's internal cooldown was left unchanged, on the other hand, then this is a huge huge nerf. And although I don't personally use Eye of the Storm anymore, I would be a little perturbed about a significant EotS nerf, because EotS was perhaps the only viable alternative to Chilling Presence for non-Thaumaturge builds.

We have a scarcity of good class features, in other words. Right now, it looks suspiciously like we have two Class Features to rule them all (Storm Spell and Chilling Presence).
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad, that I don't use EotS comletely :) Shield nerf is strange.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly multiplies its Action Point gain for every target hit.
    Shield: Shield Release no longer incorrectly builds a stack of Arcane Mastery for every target hit,

Thoughts?

Yeah, the Shield change is huuuuuuuge. Hard even to express how huge it is.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to Mimic atm. Will see, what is it: nerf or some bugfix with "multiplies".
    Upd. Sheld pulse now gains only 5% AP. No longer singularity spam.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm glad, that I don't use EotS comletely :) Shield nerf is strange.
    whats so strange in this? AS bots who spam dailies 24\7 who could do it without any gear AT ALL got the attention. Personnaly i think the change is good, becouse shield was way overpowered with 0 cd, infinite targets AND insta-reffiling AP bar. The other thing that this will result in even more CW-dependance in a group for allmost any dungeon, and CN will be even more the skill-check for CW which is kinda not very good change.

I vote for the completely removal of "ledge pushing" and insta-killing ads, that will make GF and GWF usefull, CW could focus on DPS\CC ads with COI\IT. Even better if they remove pushing effect on shield pop and replace it with say.... slow or snare

Ofc that will require a complte change in dungeons mechanics which will never happen
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to Mimic atm. Will see, what is it: nerf or some bugfix with "multiplies".
    Are you sure that the patch is already on Mimic, they were talking about "coming this weekend".
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This nerf is strange only cause they don't offer anything in return. If groups was taking one-two CW's, now they will take 2-4 CW's in party.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a bit worried about eye of the storm. Has the ICD been reduced? Well, if it's not the case, i guess i'll have to respec, because i picked only 3 class feat, and i don't think that orb of imposition is worth it. Hope we get a free respec token.

The shield AP gains were too good to last, it was fun, but the nerf was expected. Well, we still have EF on TAB, and i guess people in CN will have to learn to do the good old shield pulse with EF on tab. It's a very old strat (the very first CN draco strat IIRC), won't change anything for me, since it's what i do already, but i can smell the sweat and pain from people used to the excessively easy repel on tab. :)

Overally, i think it is a huge buff to the oppressor/alacrity build, since maintaining control will be mandatory between pushes or AS. So, i'm fine with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yse, there will be a b*tch duty for one CW in party to take EF on tab and spam AS, while others CW's getting rid of add via repel.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yse, there will be a b*tch duty for one CW in party to take EF on tab and spam AS, while others CW's getting rid of add via repel.

Actually, doing pushes with shield is fairly easy, it just requires some training. So, you have 1 CW gathering adds (let's call him the Shepherd), especially red wizards, with repel on tab. The cleaner uses EF on tab, strangles red wizard, generating APs, does AS, use shield when it's rolling inside the black ball, and tah-dah, everyone is bugged on the surrounding props. Some pushing spots may require the use of 2 shields at the same time, but if you go far away enough from the door, you don't.

If you have a tank doing the shepherd with bull charge, both wizards can use EF on tab and spam sing like in the "good old days".

Edit: there's a small issue with shield pushes, wizards don't get on the roof most of the times, so they remain stucked in props and the area near them is dangerous, but you just have to move a bit and do your pushes somewhere else. When all adds are bugged, you get closer to the dragon and don't have to worry about stucked red wizards.
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eye of the Storm: This power previously added too much damage for the duration that it lasted. Rather than redesign the auto-crit aspect, it now procs a bit more reliably, but does not last as long.

/dont care
    Eye of the storm was terrible anyway - it diminish itself with good gear. Its leveling feature, when you dont have enought crit but at 30-35% you cant seriously consider sloting it, can you?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried about eye of the storm. Has the ICD been reduced? Well, if it's not the case, i guess i'll have to respec, because i picked only 3 class feat, and i don't think that orb of imposition is worth it. Hope we get a free respec token.

Based on by-eye testing, it sure looks like EotS's internal cooldown has been reduced. I was getting procs no more than 10 seconds apart. Will have to revisit this later.