Options

NW now requires PWE Arc to install???

124»

Comments

• Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh really? But mr Administrator said it is useless, here:

How I read this: "we purposely hammered PW's bloatware into our game because we were forced to".

You may want to brush up on your reading comprehension.

minimal, adj.
    Small or smallest in amount or degree.

feature, n.
    A prominent or distinctive aspect, quality, or characteristic: a feature of one's personality; a feature of the landscape.

useless, adj.
    1. Being or having no beneficial use; futile or ineffective.
    2. Incapable of functioning or assisting; ineffectual: He panics easily and is useless in an emergency. See Synonyms at futile.

Ergo, minimal features != useless.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    You may want to brush up on your reading comprehension.

This dictionary you are referring to is hardly "PR speak 101". It is expected that people working at certain companies won't use such harsh words as "useless" or "absolutely pointless" when referring to their own product, since it won't convince folks to use it, you see. And please, in advance, after you already used this typical "ur comprehension suks" - don't mention Hitler or Holocaust argument, it won't add anything to the discussion, thank you very much.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe instead of badmouthing arc's Lack of features at the moment you can suggest some features
    for them to add. I really like the pwe/cryptic games if I think Champions Online is such a cool game
    I decided to try STO, and NW and we typically stay away from fantasy games due to...wow

It was actually the Combined chat feature that got me to play sto I was on the CORP channel
    and people started discussing tribble breeding, me and my hubby signed on to sto soon after
    and really enjoyed the Winter event. Also it was people on our chats talking about Neverwinter
    so by valentines day hubby had gotten me the HOTN pack.

What's my point? Arc and Core are more features that help the synergy of the 3 games
    Yes it should be optional and maybe offer some sort of an incentive to use it. maybe an
    Achievement if your on core or a costume part/title/potion pack. "Arcanist" maybe. also the
    web browser should have a smaller window so its easier to monitor your in game chat while browsing.

Id love to see Arc access the htpp server that you can connect to via pidgin rather than its own.
    this may make it easier for people who hare having issues setting the chat up Id also love to see
    gateway integrated in the external portion of it, maybe have a smartphone app like steam does.
    I also think they should remove the GOLD requirement for CO/STO to use the chat
    as the chat is more of an advertisement for other PWE games.

So instead of just badmouthing ARC what would make ARC worth the download for you?
  • Options
    watchingdwheelswatchingdwheels Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ARC doesn't bother me, not sure I like the auto-load, but I guess Cryptic has some future plans.

This post is about(and maybe it's been covered)when checking the "Settings" tab there is a "Download" tab.

I am showing a bar only 33% filled with 131.6GB "available", 232.8GB "total"

So, why is it 100+GB short and not completing the "Download"? BTW, there's nothing to "click" on to assist the completion.
    "When You Attack, You Must Vanquish"
    "When You Defend, You Need Merely Survive"

Master Po to Kwai Chang Caine

Bonhomme Richard DC L 60 PVE Heal Build

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited August 2013
    It's required and it is something PW has been pushing super hard on all its games the past year or so. It started up on 1 or 2 and has slowly been implemented on every game. It's a completely useless system a lot of companies are using so that you have "access" to all their games. (Of course you still have to download each game if you want to play them and I find these side programs run a LOT slower in the download department then either a straight download or via Pando [which is easy to uninstall after the download] )

A lot of PW games are available on Steam which wont require the arc, and some systems have a bypass option where you can uninstall ARC (or the companies side program) and use the Launcher option from the file folder. This is a trick I use on games that require you to play via a Start button on the main page of your browser like Nexon games. Anyways Arc has basically made me say forget it PW its not worth it =/ more hassle + less fun = meh NM ill go somewhere else, and no you cant have my stuff :o
  • Options
    clintneclintne Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Arc is not working to download the game.
  • Options
    poxlompoxlom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No luck getting arc to dl the Neverwinter client here either. Really not the way to give a good first impression. The vague "an unexpected error has occurred, try again later" error message is particularly annoying. Way to give a totally useless error message.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So instead of just badmouthing ARC what would make ARC worth the download for you?

Maybe when Arc gives offline access to My Characters, to check my Perks, my Powers, my Costumes, way to check other players characters by name offline, able to manage my SG offline, in CO. (but thats never gonna happen)
    But wait, didn't we used to be able to that back in the old days? Yes, we were. Hail Champedia, thou arn't forgotten, even if thou are gone.
    But doesn't C.O.R.E. connect work for that. Nope. It's just a poormans Facebook. Cryptic games don't do CORE.
    NW has Gateway, whoopeee!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ya just uninstalled cause I was having crazy rubberbanding issues yesterday and today.. not sure what was going on. So basically I uninstalled the game and it made me get Arc.. I got rid of games the required steam.. Arc is just like steam.. I don't want to run another program to play Neverwinter.. honestly I think its bull####

I want to add one more thing.. if CORE actually worked for this game I might be a lttle more happy about using all the features.. but it doesn't. If their gonna force us to use Arc at least give us the features for this game.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Maybe instead of badmouthing arc's Lack of features at the moment you can suggest some features
    for them to add.

No. We're doing enough beta-testing for the devs as it is. I don't like being forced to install software I don't use and don't need in order for them to get my suggestions on how to improve it.

I only have one suggestion: make it optional.

Seriously, this one is a game-breaker for me. The moment I no longer have full control of my rig and what's on it, is the moment I stop playing.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Speaking of Arc, where & how do we submit bug reports for it? I tried the support button but the closest I saw was submitting a question. I also didn't see anyplace linked in the faq. And I'm not sure if the Neverwinter bug forum would be right since its a multi-game program.

Anyway, the bug is shift+tab. When I use shift+tab to enter the Arc browser, but then use the back to game button to go back... It causes the shift key to be stuck in game. Anything you try to click gets linked into chat.

*Also a suggestion, if you want us to use the browser part of it. You might want to put in regular features of other browsers. For example copy from the mouse. I know you can use CTRL+C. But I am very use to rightclick to copy, and spellcheck, etc... Minor things, but if you want us to use it you might want include that kind of stuff.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    selfsimilarselfsimilar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for those of you looking...i found this link elsewhere...
    dont know original poster so cant credit where due...

http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...nter_setup.exe

im at 61% and rolling right along

aint copy/paste just a fabulous thing?
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's another link for an arc - less, clean and nice version of NW. (official download)

http://nw.pl.perfectworld.eu/download

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Closing this for Necromancy.
This discussion has been closed.