Patch Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

124»

Comments

• Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thalesamr wrote: »
    Im so happy im playing with TR now :)

But yeah, GWF was op in dungeon, and Slam deserved that little nerf.
    I mean, 15% of red dmg will work out great with singularity. Now he just need a nerf on that unstoppable, making him no longer immune to CC

If they kept the duration Yeah the -15% would make it epic for Tanking Spec, if they added more threat to it maybe (currently there is only a Feat to add threat to it IIRC)
  • Options
    gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the proposed GWF changes go through, I will not be purchasing the feywild pack ... which till this point I was fully intending to purchase. I will instead take a break from the game, and barring a future re-think of *balancing* in this game by its developers, that break will most likely be permanent.

I run a sentinel GWF (along with other 60s excluding the TR). I respecced from destroyer after the last major patch that affected the GWF. I like both pvp & pve - but as an average geared player the destroyer was very sub-par in pvp, and just passable in pve. It certainly did not even come close to being as useful as my similarly geared GF (similarly in terms of price - the GF gear itself is much better bang for the buck).

The sentinel has been fun in pvp, and occasionally useful in pve. I have specifically geared and feated for defense and deflection (and to a lesser extent lifesteal and regeneration). I dutifully used my amazing collection of enchants saved across five characters to boost the non-existent critical chance, and armor penetration stats provided by my scrapper's armor set. And yes - those stats are literally non-existent on that set. I think I managed to make some rank 6's and rank 5's and got power, crit and arm pen all somewhere in the 1-2k range. I didn't stack hp.

That sentinel can compete in pvp against other average players. It takes a lot to kill it. It is useful for contesting points for extended periods, whether offensively or defensively. Then of course it can do a runner and come back a bit later. That is good - that is exactly what I prioritized when building it. But as a trade-off it does sub-par damage. I need to sprint cancel wms till my fingers bleed to not look completely bad in dungeon damage charts. Against players with a significantly higher GS it has no chance (pvp or pve) - just like pretty much any other class against a higher GS. As an example, there is no way it will kill most reasonably geared and competent DCs - assuming they make some attempt to heal themselves. The damage is just not sufficient. Not picking on DCs - I like mine - but god it dies easily even stacking cheap regen defense & HP gear.

But the intended patch tells me that my GWF toon is OP. That not only does it not deserve to do much damage, it also deserves to die a fair bit easier (12% deflect gone?). It deserves to have the main source of daily ability damage reduced by much more than half, and replaced with a low damage utility skill that will still only apply to 5 targets and provide temporary and situational DR.

I had presumed the only GWFs that could combine high survivability and notably high damage where those stacking tenebrous enchants and lots of hit points. I am still presuming that. Those same GWFs will be far less impacted by this change than mine will. At least we will both still be able to experience the joys of the unstoppable bug. Unfixed for, what - how many months?

I imagine my experience is pretty representative of the average player base who tweaks their character a bit, reads the forums, but doesn't spend massive amounts of money (I'm at around $100 so far for horsies and respecs), or use the infamous exploits once possible, to completely twink out their character in BIS items and enchants. Your attempts at balance are notoriously quick to impact on anything other than high-priced items available only to the insanely dedicated (in terms of time or money), or the beneficiaries of exploits. Your attempts at balance are too revealing of your short-term priorities, and ultimately I think will have a negative effect on what should be your longer-term ones. It's probably taken too long, but I finally "see what you did there".

You are patching symptoms, and they are not the ones associated with the disease, because from a certain perspective, it's not a disease.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    If the GWF is no longer playable on this game, then it is time to pack up and move on, dont ask to roll out new toon, it is not my style and i will not waste it. After my Exp. with Jade Dynasty (ive promise i never ever open that account), i think this will be the final straw on the camels back for PWI.
  • Options
    miniclipseanminiclipsean Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can not meet with Lord Neverember and I am in fact a level 60. Is this not out yet?
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can not meet with Lord Neverember and I am in fact a level 60. Is this not out yet?

I think this is still just on the Preview shard.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Correct this is only on 'preview' at the moment, if you go to Sgt Knoxx he will give you a quest to go and visit Lord Neverwinter, this then opens up the new daily hub
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Release Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

New Event: Midsummer Festival!
    • Starting at 10:00 AM Pacific on Saturday, August 10, Sergeant Knox will have a quest to point players to the festival grounds near Neverwinter!
    • The Midsummer Festival will be running for several weeks. Log in every day to earn progress toward festival-themed fireworks, a new companion, a new mount, a fashion set celebrating the season, and more!

Are we time traveling back to August 10th, 2013 for this festival when it is released to be able to participate?
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    Are we time traveling back to August 10th, 2013 for this festival when it is released to be able to participate?

i logged on specifically to check out this event on the saturday, as we know nothing was there, so i logegd off and have not been online since, Fed up of being told or given one thing , then when the time comes being given somthing totaly different or nothing at all. the whole game as gone beyond a joke for me.

"•The Midsummer Festival will be running for several weeks. Log in every day to earn progress"
    LOL *sigh*
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    i logged on specifically to check out this event on the saturday, as we know nothing was there, so i logegd off and have not been online since, Fed up of being told or given one thing , then when the time comes being given somthing totaly different or nothing at all. the whole game as gone beyond a joke for me.

"•The Midsummer Festival will be running for several weeks. Log in every day to earn progress"
    LOL *sigh*

Uh dude can't you figure out that this is TEST SERVER PATCH NOTES aka NeverwinterPreview, so it's not yet on the real server!!! My comment was a joke.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Release Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

[*]The daily quest pool has been shaken up and given more variance, with three new quests per area thrown into the mix.

The new quests don't seem to give full rewards, namely the tokens required for campaign tasks (seed, blades etc).
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "The drop rate of blue-quality items in Sharandar has been reduced."

Is this supposed to be increased? Cause they sure as hell have been dropping like crazy since this patch. Otherwise, everything else is pretty solid. Can't seem to interact with the salvage guy though. Also, the graphical improvements in several of the areas looks amazing!

at level 60, unless you're a fresh 60 with no epic gear, blue drops are only good for the gold merchant. but yes... on the preview, i'm seeing tons of blue drops which is fine by me.

the salvage guy doesn't really salvage your items. you need to walk behind him and then open your inventory, right click the items you want to salvage. if they're salvageable, the option will be there. if you think you're going to salvage all of those fool crowns you collected during that awesome event, you've got another thing coming. ;)

ALSO omg really? binding items you equip on your companions? make companions account-wide. we can't "unbind" them as we were previously duped into believing was going to happen. i really LOVE the companion idea... having so many different ones with different skills, different animations... you've obviously designed the game to include companion collections. i don't have a problem with this. make companions account-wide. also make idle companions keep their bound items.

AND... the new animations for the heavy howler are awesome. but it seems to yawn all the time now... worse than the free mage companion.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    at level 60, unless you're a fresh 60 with no epic gear, blue drops are only good for the gold merchant. but yes... on the preview, i'm seeing tons of blue drops which is fine by me.

Somehow my wizard had no problem getting to a 10k+ gear score, but my L60 cleric is still at ... 7400 or so. I welcome the blue gear on her at least, to get into higher dungeons! ^_^ (Though I agree blue gear is probably mostly useless for most L60s, but it will be nice to replace all the green gear in the guild bank with blue gear that can significantly impact my guildmates' gear scores. We hit L60 and then raid the guild bank to increase our GS as much as possible to participate in dungeons.)
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    overlordyooverlordyo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <comment too cool>
  • Options
    maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    glad i didn't join the stalwarts train
This discussion has been closed.