test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

Comments

• pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, they have tools that show the damage records of dungs, and GWF DOUBLING any other toon, the problem is not the lack of DPS of GWF, never been, the problem of GWF is the lack of a role, but right now, GWFs (good spec and well geared) are megapowerful (and fun to play), just get 1 good gwf on a dung and look at the results, devs have tools that show that, so they nerf because its the easiest (and cheapest) solution, and btw, in PvP GWFs are the best class right now, so they nerfed a little GWF after nerfing a lot TRs, you may not like it, but is the case, instead of crying about the nerf, ask devs to desing dungs without ledges... then GWF will be the first toon to be needed.

Lol is this fool trying to argue GWF Is OP in pve???

and that's why they find it impossible to get parties

Face palm
  • blondiritterblondiritter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see that the DD chest is going to be bound on pickup and you get to pick the reward to a point. I would much rather see the reward choice to be which class you want and instead of bound on pick up have it account bound. My reasoning is simple. I, like most others, play with multiple alts. Some dungeons are just a little too hard on a certain class for me. This way I can run with a different character and mail the reward to myself so that another alt may use it. Once used I think it should be bound to that character though.
  • wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    What the heck? The GWF nerfs really don't make me happy. As it currently stands for PvE, a Sentinel spec GWF has an uphill battle if they want to try to act as a Main Tank. I mean, the whole focus of the paragon feat line is to make them tanky. However it still isn't enough for your average GWF tank due to threat issues, so people only use Sentinel for PvP.

Now due to PvP issues, Sentinel is getting nerfed? We're relying on Bravery and Master At Arms to keep ourselves alive! Lacking the shield blocking mechanic of a GF, our Deflect chance is a really big deal. From a PvE perspective, this is a giant nerf.

Yes, I know that Sentinel GWF builds are running wild in PvP. But can't you just separate the game code to nerf them in the PvP areas? Our Sentinel spec is pretty much pidgin holed into PvP as it is. After these proposed chances, the PvE aspects will be even weaker in the tanking department (which is the point of the spec) and won't even see an increase to +% Threat Gain as compensation. If you really want to see almost every PvE GWF running a Destroyer spec, then don't stop now. That's where things are headed and it really isn't funny.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What the heck? The GWF nerfs really don't make me happy. As it currently stands for PvE, a Sentinel spec GWF has an uphill battle if they want to try to act as a Main Tank. I mean, the whole focus of the paragon feat line is to make them tanky. However it still isn't enough for your average GWF tank due to threat issues, so people only use Sentinel for PvP.

Now due to PvP issues, Sentinel is getting nerfed? We're relying on Bravery and Master At Arms to keep ourselves alive! Lacking the shield blocking mechanic of a GF, our Deflect chance is a really big deal. From a PvE perspective, this is a giant nerf.

Yes, I know that Sentinel GWF builds are running wild in PvP. But can't you just separate the game code to nerf them in the PvP areas? Our Sentinel spec is pretty much pidgin holed into PvP as it is. After these proposed chances, the PvE aspects will be even weaker in the tanking department (which is the point of the spec) and won't even see an increase to +% Threat Gain as compensation. If you really want to see almost every PvE GWF running a Destroyer spec, then don't stop now. That's where things are headed and it really isn't funny.

Well your missing something.. The major nerf to slam also fks the destroyer class for pve...
    And instigator is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already.. Which will leave GWF with 3 terrible choices for pve....

Somehow cryptic thinks the worst class for pve needs a nerf...I would love a dev to actually come and try to explain there logic.. Cause right now it's just embaressing
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still think the GWF is somehow OP in PvE... but does not have a ROLE, the problem is not the power or the DPS, the problem is the design of the dungeons, also GWFs are helluva fun to play, but i agree, nerfing them is a bad idea, i wasnt endorsing the nerf, i was trying to explain the devs posible PoV, i had the pleasure those days of running with a couple of good GWFs and the damage they do (AoE) is astonishing, so in "slow runs" (and im doing some of those lately, for fun) they top charts in PvE... DOUBLING any other toon, so as Devs have tools that explain them those things, that maybe the reason for the nerf.

Try to get devs to develop dungs without ledges and people will beg for GWFs in groups.
  • wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Well your missing something.. The major nerf to slam also fks the destroyer class for pve...

Also very true. However I expect pretty much everyone to champion the "Save the Slam" cause, so I wanted to bring up a less universal issue. A -60% DPS output is a heck of a lot and the -15% Mob DPS debuff really doesn't help since PvE groups care more about your dps output and not how much you can debuff incoming damage.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And instigator is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already.. Which will leave GWF with 3 terrible choices for pve....

Somehow cryptic thinks the worst class for pve needs a nerf...I would love a dev to actually come and try to explain there logic.. Cause right now it's just embaressing

Sorry PanadaPaul...The instigator spec is the AOE DPS spec for GWF. It is not trash. It actually is a solid spec. Pick either Destroyer or Sentinel spec and I will easily crush your DPS.
    edited August 2013
    Turning slam into a utility is fine.

Just remove the target cap and have the ticks interrupt.

Adding in the DR and slow and yes...folks will start requesting GWFs.
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

^ what are you on right now? You can't even come close to my dps with instigator. Sure your sicked strike gets a buff, but you can't keep wms on every target. Thus making it not efficient. Not so fast combat advantage? Sure like 10% more dmg on 5 mobs. Really great. 50% more power? Awesome! Now you get no determination, you aren't getting hit. Steadfast determination? Sure now you lost a big chunk of dps. Cuz you had to replace steel blitz or destroyer passives.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »

If there was no target cap, and the ticks interrupted, that would be very cool IMO.
    va8Ru.gif
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im a new player with GWF only class and invest hundreds of dollar in this game, the way you are nerfing my toons who already has problem in getting group in PVE is bordering stupidity. You can take my toon back and pay back the Money I invested in your company, also, i would like to claim extra damages for the time ive lost playing this game that i cannot take back.

If you continue this path, the above message will be in support ticket. Thank you.
    ^^ same here

Just a heads up, you won't get any refunds for posting in this thread. You may be able to get a refund if you file a support ticket, but I'm certain you won't be reimbursed for lost time. (I could argue by the same token that you should get less than a full refund because you're "returning the virtual items 'used'" - but if they do give you a refund, it will be for the full purchase price. No more, no less.)

On the other hand, my hope is that feedback in this thread is heeded and these changes get worked out so that yall are happy with them and want to stay. I don't play melee so I can't comment on these recent nerfs, but it's clear that a lot of people are upset.
    qtPt2I
    edited August 2013
    nonameidk wrote: »
    ^ what are you on right now? You can't even come close to my dps with instigator. Sure your sicked strike gets a buff, but you can't keep wms on every target. Thus making it not efficient. Not so fast combat advantage? Sure like 10% more dmg on 5 mobs. Really great. 50% more power? Awesome! Now you get no determination, you aren't getting hit. Steadfast determination? Sure now you lost a big chunk of dps. Cuz you had to replace steel blitz or destroyer passives.

I am on Mindflayer so send me a PM if you want to live and learn. FYI I don't use Steadfast.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote:
    Queues
    When returning to an instance, the player is now placed at his or her previous location.

Does this mean we may see an end to the campfire suicide runs? If so, I greatly welcome this change. Now to just address the tedium of dealing w/ hordes of unrewarding adds...

...or will this just affect those that try to relog to trigger DD chests for pre-clears?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited August 2013
    Anyone that says a GWF is OP in pve is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    /story
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no, you are wrong... Rogue is... I fought mobs. I am level 60. Rogue is level 45. His damage record is higher than mine...

GWF attack speed = SLOW

I saw that record while I was helping low level players in dungeons....

You need a respec mister :)
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Does this mean we may see an end to the campfire suicide runs? If so, I greatly welcome this change. Now to just address the tedium of dealing w/ hordes of unrewarding adds...

...or will this just affect those that try to relog to trigger DD chests for pre-clears?

You will be returned to the place you were, when you left the instance.
    For the suicide runs, it just means the whole party will have to make the run, and not just 1 player (no more relog to forward fire) .
    I don't expect it to change anything about pre-clears and DD.

I'll point out that the campfire runs are done to avoid the tedium of dealing with unrewarding adds, so the two things that you desire in your statement appear to be contradictory.
  • lagonlinelagonline Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You dev should make those nerf's works only on pvp, since ppl are crying on it is for pvp, from PVE GWF, is already useless,most of ppl dont wanna u with they on dungeons, Sentinel build is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, for PVE, but is godly in pvp, NERF PVP CONTENT NO PVE.
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    its funny how their pvp nerfs always have the greatest effect on pve - same was for the proposed TR nerf
  • blackargonianblackargonian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "My Opinion On The Devs, Finally Voiced After 2 Months"

Now I'm happy that I have gotten every class to 60, because Cryptic can't seem to balance a class even when its what they get paid for, the only viable thing i could see them having the brain cells to do is to remove PvP entirely, see how many people will complain then, because then you will find the core PvE issues with every class, I did not realize this game was intended to be a MOBA, but if that's what it will be I can go back to playing LoL, because for the 74 days I have played this game everything has gone downhill, week by week more nerfs, patches that break things/maps, and exploit after exploit being done/found etc.

Im not saying I'm going to quit the game, I put too much effort into this to quit now, but the Term main character no longer holds any meaning what so ever to me... Its all about what the 5 year olds that whine to the devs want. This games vocal community is a joke, 60% of it are TR's ( I hate TRs, mines 60 T2 full Sinister Shade and he doesn't even get 1 hour of playtime a week, and i play at least 8 hours a day, everyday...) and the GWF's are voiceless because we are MAYBE, 10% of the level 60 community, but none-the-less all the real, dedicated players will leave after the atrocity's called patches push them over the edge, then Cryptic will be left with there vocal community, the whiny losers with no skill whom scream to the devs to nerf this, nerf that, and buff this, buff that.

Maybe the whole NW team should play on a live shard for a week, every class, and see for them self's what the problems are, because this community will lead them astray time and time again, there so busy doing what people tell them they will not check for the actual issue them selfs, at least it seem that way.

I'll be playing my Cleric and CW exploiting Castle Never till Fury Of The Feywilds comes out, until they get their skulls cracked by the nerf bat as well. As for GWF, hes been wearing those bandages on his head for a since the last Nerf Bat to the head, maybe its time to put him out of his misery?

Thanks for reading, whoever you are, most likely not someone who can do a **** thing for this game. Maybe I'll finally try WoW out? But dont worry, I'll be back, watching the game fall apart, as my characters stand in the world I now know all to well, and wonder, why did this happen... ~A 16 Year Old Neverwinter Player
    ~Characters~
    <Level 60s>
    Randy Mirage {GWF}|Raiden Mirage {CW}|Aegis Mirage {GF}|Shadow Mirage {TR}|Elena Mirage {DC}|Ryder Mirage {GF}|Zoey Mirage{GWF}|Tammy Mirage {TR}|Trish Mirage {CW}|Tarik Mirage {DC}|Miranda Mirage {HR}

<Below Level 60>
    |Felix Mirage {HR} | Misery Mirage (DC)| Agony Mirage (GWF)

All under @blackargonian, feel free to add me if you want.
  • lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    I flipped a switch on the NeverwinterPreview server; Salvaging is actually up for real now.

The salvaging thing is great except when I tried it on the Preview Shard I salvaged 2 epics that the pop-up window said awarded me 4000 AD and 6000AD it never transferred the amount to my bank total. You guys need to check that out.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd really be surprised if people were crying about Slam in PvP. Any nerf it is getting is surely not due to it being OP in PvP. Because it's not.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You will be returned to the place you were, when you left the instance.
    For the suicide runs, it just means the whole party will have to make the run, and not just 1 player (no more relog to forward fire) .
    I don't expect it to change anything about pre-clears and DD.

I'll point out that the campfire runs are done to avoid the tedium of dealing with unrewarding adds, so the two things that you desire in your statement appear to be contradictory.

There are ways to make fighting the "trash mobs" less tedious/more rewarding without players resorting to exploits...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Trade
    This channel insists on being my default, despite the fact that I have selected zone by several methods & turned trade of in the default.
  • draco359draco359 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAIT STOP THE FREAKIN NERF.

There is a better way to balance GWF pvp potential without ****ing up the pve potential.
    Make rank 4 upgrades to all abilities similar to the model Mass Effect 2 used.
    In mass effect 2 once you are about to upgrade a skill to it's 4th rank you are given a choice on how to upgrade it.

Let's take the Infiltrators Stealth Ability.At rank 4 you could chose whether to increase it's duration or the damage you deal upon exiting stealth.

Let's see this applied to Slam:at it's rank 4 you could either decrease it's damage by 60% to give it more pvp utility or you could give it pve utility by makeing targets aflicted by Slam give combat advantage to party members.It dosen't have to be like this though.This is just an example on how you could make everyone happy and not increase pvp utility at cost of pve utility.It's a win-win everybody.

Let's look at it practically.By increasing level cap to 70 you give people more reason to do quest in upcoming new zones.Furthermore with the posibility of chosing what abilities would get hited by a nerfbat for extra utility in pvp or pve.This could also bring back some players to check on improvement of company-customer relationship and quality of product.

I think I speak for the entire GWF that we would rather be offered the choice between makeing our Slam's pvp or pve.Furthermore I am sure the community would be willing to help the proud developers at Cryptic Studios find similar upgrades for other classes.It's better then disturbing the very fragile balance between classes in the current neverwinter format.

So please cryptic delay the wrath of your nerfbat upon the heads of the allready pve ignored great weapon fighters and try to make everyone happy with this.At least apply following patches without GWF nerfs and take the rank 4 solution after release of Ranger class.I've been lookin realy forward to it.
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Trade
    This channel insists on being my default, despite the fact that I have selected zone by several methods & turned trade of in the default.

Ditto, hoping this is an easily fixed bug!
    qtPt2I
  • nazskulnazskul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im a GWF i have him as my first and main character, i have used slam since the second i got it its really the only good aoe daily we have on our class that is supposed to be a secondary damage/ tank class, yeah tank class we can't even dodge or block , we just soak damage until we die, i have a sword that is bigger than most rouges bodies and i cant block with it or let bring up the fact that it doesnt do as much damage as a dagger. If you take away slam the class will be dead, i do like the idea of it interupts but geez your taking way too much damage and time off of it , as of now i may kill a minion from start to finish in its aoe but anything stronger than a archer or low level enemy wont die from it, and if you nerf ours why not do the same to the rogue ability that is almost the same concept a circle of damage that follow them around. Ive been waiting for a patch to buff a GWF and when i heard that were the only class getting nerfed thats just wrong, i hope your happy Devs cause if you go through with this you will have no GWF left in the game, they already have no real place in a dugeon group, now they will be useless and never get groups.
  • tomitaketomitake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't play GWF. I have every other class at 60. Until the across the board pve dps nerfs stop(RE: GWF, TR), and something is done to decrease the amount of time that must be invested to complete an epic dungeon legitimately I am not spending another dime on this game.
  • centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    •Slam: The damage from this power has been reduced; it had previously done too much damage for its area of effect, duration, and utility, and the intent is to change its focus mostly to utility.
    •The initial cast now interupts targets, and while slowed, affected targets now deal -15% damage (at max rank).
    •The power now shows its max estimated damage rather than its per-tick value, and per-tick damage has been reduced by 60%.
    •Rank ups now provide 1 additional second rather than 2.

LOL are you perhaps going to look for new Devs? please say you are, you've barely had the game up 3 months and your basically Destroying classes? WELL DONE !!! in what way is nerfing this AOE SKILL for an AOE class in need off? Jesus Mary and Joseph? I truly love this game but you are basically ruining it .

First you Destroy the awesome animation of TR Lurkers Assult ,
    Have you fixed the Log out/change class issue = NO
    Have you fixed the Issue with more than 80 people n PE - Lag issues = NO
    Have you fixed the issue with Crashes in Window Mode = No
    Have you Fixed the Queue System = No
    Have you fixed the Auto rejoin System if some one Dc/Leaves group = No
    Have you fixed the Gold seller issue?? = No

that's just for starts.. I would say you got more than enough to FIX before you Nerf everyones Skills

P.S please for the love of God bring back the correct animation for TR lurkers Assult
  • thalesamrthalesamr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Release Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

[*]Slam: The damage from this power has been reduced; it had previously done too much damage for its area of effect, duration, and utility, and the intent is to change its focus mostly to utility.

Im so happy im playing with TR now :)

But yeah, GWF was op in dungeon, and Slam deserved that little nerf.
      I mean, 15% of red dmg will work out great with singularity. Now he just need a nerf on that unstoppable, making him no longer immune to CC
    This discussion has been closed.