What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

Comments

• Options
    dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    Lower the price of the level of the companions, is stupidly expensive.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    On review of the changes that went in, it looks like the Feywild pack items should be granting properly on Preview. It's up now, so feel free to give it a look-see!

I'm still not seeing the Feywild pack items either in my in-game email or at the Reward Claims Agent. Has anyone found their items?
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    I'm still not seeing the Feywild pack items either in my in-game email or at the Reward Claims Agent. Has anyone found their items?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?436421-New-Enchantments-%28Feywild%29&p=5545541#post5545541
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not really not seeing the point of the slam nerf. It's pretty useless now. Unless that was the point. If so job done.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »

I've submitted a support ticket so I can hopefully get the items unlocked. Great screen shots, thanks for the link!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    shananiganzzshananiganzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone else experiencing pretty heavy lag in mal's castle? Also when destroying the 2nd siege equipment I got pretty stuck in it.
    Edit: our cw left that group during last boss, now on another run and at last boss end of first phase whatever that lightning attack on the whole field is knocked both me and the other tr through the closed gate unable to re-enter.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    WHY are people telling them about more blue items dropping? Ha!

I mean, I haven't noticed this at all. I'm absolutely positive that this is NOT happening.
  • Options
    kerupi1kerupi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bravery nerf so sad from 15% down to 8% ridiculous -7% nerf :D no more 38% deflection sad sad sad :D
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GWF daily's suck for pve slam is only good one and I would not even say it was good when you look other class daily's I don't mind other nerfs but plz don't nerf slam.

if you want to add utility daily mess with one other daily's no one likes like whirl wind one plz don't break what's not broken. we have 1 daily worth using in pve plz plz don't destroy it
  • Options
    altimumaltimum Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The nerf to "slam" damage and duration is really unfortunate. It is the backbone of the destroyer GWF build. all our recovery and action point regeneration skills in pve were meant to try and keep up "slam" active as often as possible, especially when all our other dailies are nothing but silly time-wasting bunch of animations.

The only way for us GWF to stay competitive in dps with rouges was to focus on our "only" area of strength, and that is our AOE. And now you started nerfing that as well. When I am assigned by my team to single target the boss... and I see myself miserably and pathetically falling behind the rouge in dps charts.. I used to deliberately leave the boss for few moments and go dps some bunch of adds, so that I can try to narrow down the embarrassing gap in dps between me and the rouge, and then I go back single targeting the boss.

Thank you developers... but we are not asking u to provide us with some useless utilities like damage reduction from slam... or spell casting interruption from slam. Don't worry developers, I assure u that our dungeon teams can easily survive without the useless utilities that u are bestowing upon us. not a single GWF was vocal about utilities... GWF have always been vocal about our low dps..... the dismal sustained dps in pve that we have.

My understanding of a "hybrid" class is: that class has the "option" to perform many roles... if he decides to dps, then there should be a skill tree that allows him to dps as efficiently as the rouge class. if he tries to tank, then there should be a different skill tree that also will enable him to tank as efficiently as the GF. a "hybrid" class is not supposed to be a class the performs both jobs simultaneously and less efficiently at the same time.. that's total nonsense. No one is going to team up with such a class.

There is one more thing left for you developers to do... please nerf our "indomitable battle strike"...please dear developers...nerf it... so this way, the GWF is officially dead.

I was able to live with all the silly dungeon exploits and running and bugs. And I was able to live with all the greedy zen shop prices.
    And I was able to live with all the daily lag and rubber banding.

But I am not going to live with nerfing my favorite class, from developers who clearly have no clue about the difficulties and limitations the players of that class are facing.

if our slam was nerfed for next patch...I wont be playing this game again.... I will be deleting this 9GB <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from my hard-drive... and good-riddance....
  • Options
    hydro818hydro818 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Release Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2

Great Weapon Fighter
    • Bravery: Ranking up this power now affects Run Speed (+15% at max rank), but the Deflect bonus has been reduced to +8% at max rank.
      • Known issue: The first rank of this power currently grants significantly more Deflect than intended.
    • Crescendo: This power now grants CC immunity while active.
    • Slam: The damage from this power has been reduced; it had previously done too much damage for its area of effect, duration, and utility, and the intent is to change its focus mostly to utility.
      • The initial cast now interupts targets, and while slowed, affected targets now deal -15% damage (at max rank).
      • The power now shows its max estimated damage rather than its per-tick value, and per-tick damage has been reduced by 60%.
      • Rank ups now provide 1 additional second rather than 2.
    • Steadfast Determination: This is now properly affected by bonuses to Determination.
    • Feat: Endless Assault: This feat now properly affects Punishing Charge.
    • Feat: Focused Destroyer: The tooltip has had a minor update for accuracy.
    • Feat: Master of Arms: The max Deflect bonus that this feat can provide has been reduced by 33%.
    • Feat: Master of Arms: The first rank of this feat no longer grants a double bonus.
    • Feat: Unstoppable Action: The feat no longer incorrectly increases Action Point gain for longer than expected after using Unstoppable.
    • Feat: Unstoppable Recovery: The tooltip has been updated to properly state that this feat heals the player.

Well I guess the Dev's found that Slam was silly on even a single target so they nerfed it to a utility daily instead of damage daily. Well Mages just easily took our spot as Trash DPS killers....

In a dungeon run slam was usually my #2 damaging ability. Now I don't see a point of it being on my bar.

Well maybe with all the PVP nerfs they will finally work on our PVE viability.... Doubtful but one can hope right?

I would really like a dev to post here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?434491-Great-Weapon-Fighter-PVE-Critical-Issues and maybe give us an idea of a GWF's job in PVE. Apparently its really bad utility, low DPS, terrible tanking...

Oh well my GWF will continue to do what he does best. Sit in town pray twice a day and do leadership!!!
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Salvage - the task to make the item was 25K AD - salvage rewards 3k!!

Who in their right mind finds this acceptable?
    Task 25K - salvage 25k or tasks costs 3k. or remove the task from the campaign and replace it with something useful?
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does the Sunite Pig has a Turnip icon?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WHY are people telling them about more blue items dropping? Ha!

I mean, I haven't noticed this at all. I'm absolutely positive that this is NOT happening.

I noticed a lot of blue items dropping from fighting spawns around the area (not instanced quests). In about 30 minutes of playing or so, I found 3 blue items. I don't think I've ever had blue items drop from random "street spawns" before.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    fallenangel1911fallenangel1911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Release Notes: NW.5.20130730a.2
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Bravery: Ranking up this power now affects Run Speed (+15% at max rank), but the Deflect bonus has been reduced to +8% at max rank.

Is this a joke or a sneaky attempt to pretend you aren't just nerfing everything left and right? Bravery already increases Runspeed by 10 to 15%(at max rank) on live(and before someone gets smart and says "maybe it just says so in the ability description but it never worked before", I test every feat and ability I have on wether and how they actually work...Bravery does already give a working Runspeed bonus.)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Salvage - the task to make the item was 25K AD - salvage rewards 3k!!

Who in their right mind finds this acceptable?
    Task 25K - salvage 25k or tasks costs 3k. or remove the task from the campaign and replace it with something useful?

Brand new car: $20,000.
    Same car used for 10 years daily driving: $20,000? ??? Good luck selling that.

Why should something that's been used be sold for the same price as created?

[although 3K from 25K does sound a little stingy]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The item is a campaign task reward (and it's random atm) & not really any use 1/3 down 18-20k is what you expect when you drive something of a forecourt

But then those 25k items are similar to 5-7k items on a live servers AH, so the whole thing is messed up! (Devs divorced from reality maybe)
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Slam nerf wasn't enough so you destroy Bravery as well? Do you really guys want this class to be unplayable? Might as well just delete the class.

If Slam was supposed to be a utility class, then remove the target cap from it.
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    lyonsbanelyonsbane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The GWF nerfs are way too <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... wth are you guys looking at? where the ideas behind these nerfs come from? Seriously, im raging at this and uninstalling the game right now. GWF is the MOST useless PvE class there is. ANYTHING is better than them, they cant fit in any role... they cant dps/aoe as other classes do (trs,cws) they cant tank, hold aggro or stun/knock targets for a singnificant amount of time (gfs and **** even good CWs can get mass aggro and kite with tele while ccing and "tank")and obviously they cant heal, not even themselves (trs/lifesteal-itc, gfs, dcs) So seriously are you really THIS CLUELESS about the game yourselves created? DONT NERF GWF, INFACT BOOST THEIR AGGRO GENERATION SO PEOPLE CAN ****ING USE THEM IN PVE THE NERF YOU ARE GIVING THEM HURTS PVE AND DOES NOTHING FOR PVP SO RETHINK IT.

IF YOU WANNA NERF SOMETHING NERF THE ****ING P2W TENEBROUS ENCHANTMENT. **** YOUR GREED.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Im a new player with GWF only class and invest hundreds of dollar in this game, the way you are nerfing my toons who already has problem in getting group in PVE is bordering stupidity. You can take my toon back and pay back the Money I invested in your company, also, i would like to claim extra damages for the time ive lost playing this game that i cannot take back.

If you continue this path, the above message will be in support ticket. Thank you.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ^^ same here
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you Devs are idiot. You try play this game with GWF and see by your self how hard GWF get into a group!!!! You let those exploits, shortcut and push mobs off the ledge without a FIX and now you are nerfing GWF!!! 1000000000000% idiot, and F PvP!! Those arent PvP those are a racing.
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slam..............average damage like 7k on that pupates in enclave .............so jus reduce 60% from 7k thats dmag of our daily now .................wtf ....thats only power to get up on chart rank....... now every target get only around 2k dmg in slam so gwf ....agin goes down to charts and this damage useless in pvp coz every tic only gives around 200 damage ...total of 2k damage in 10 sec means it takes 10 sec to do 2k damage in this time tr can life steal around 4k dmg ,gf will jus ignor dmg othere are healers ........ and they also have life steal and regen
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe, just maybe, they have tools that show the damage records of dungs, and GWF DOUBLING any other toon, the problem is not the lack of DPS of GWF, never been, the problem of GWF is the lack of a role, but right now, GWFs (good spec and well geared) are megapowerful (and fun to play), just get 1 good gwf on a dung and look at the results, devs have tools that show that, so they nerf because its the easiest (and cheapest) solution, and btw, in PvP GWFs are the best class right now, so they nerfed a little GWF after nerfing a lot TRs, you may not like it, but is the case, instead of crying about the nerf, ask devs to desing dungs without ledges... then GWF will be the first toon to be needed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You just said it good spec, in order for GWF to shine it has to be well geared 11-13kgs, but look at the other toon on thesame dungeons, they are fkng 8-11kgs, are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kidding me and they outdamage out perform any GWF in damage and kills.

What is wrong with not being killed immediate, did you count how many kills the gwf did? (we are talking about no tene GWF).

The issue here is the Tene (sorry tene gwf build), Nerf the Tene and you have balance class.
  • Options
    axhind77axhind77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is another prove that devs in this game don't test anything, ANYTHING. They just do random changes and after they wait for forum community feedback(aka whines) to get back on their steps. With TR all the "feedback" made them revert the nerf, with GWF, since they are not as much as TR players the nerf will hit and GWF will be the most useless and PvP only class in a mostly PvE based game.
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You just said it good spec, in order for GWF to shine it has to be well geared 11-13kgs, but look at the other toon on thesame dungeons, they are fkng 8-11kgs, are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kidding me and they outdamage out perform any GWF in damage and kills.

What is wrong with not being killed immediate, did you count how many kills the gwf did? (we are talking about no tene GWF).

The issue here is the Tene (sorry tene gwf build), Nerf the Tene and you have balance class.

wish people would get G tene and test them before random QQ about them you know it has hidden cd right 99% people who QQ about g Tene have never used them.

you will find in pve and pvp G tene don't do much dps for you as rank 10s do Because long hidden cd and fact they ignore souls is main thing that makes them interesting and fun and even then cd can be to long to effect soul a lot time.

I have 1 char with 7 G tene and 4 chars with out and I rather use rank 10s on most chars more dps less random and much better aoe damage for pve or single target damage depending on class
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Defensive oriented toon should not be able to deal any decent damage nor kill anything, that is the general rule of your build, same goes to GF, for godsake you have best of both worlds and you still saying **** its not working. I can agree you are unkillable because you sacrifice something to achieve that, but doing more damage not intended for your path is stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, they have tools that show the damage records of dungs, and GWF DOUBLING any other toon, the problem is not the lack of DPS of GWF, never been, the problem of GWF is the lack of a role, but right now, GWFs (good spec and well geared) are megapowerful (and fun to play), just get 1 good gwf on a dung and look at the results, devs have tools that show that, so they nerf because its the easiest (and cheapest) solution, and btw, in PvP GWFs are the best class right now, so they nerfed a little GWF after nerfing a lot TRs, you may not like it, but is the case, instead of crying about the nerf, ask devs to desing dungs without ledges... then GWF will be the first toon to be needed.

ok I can show you trs criting for 38k in pvp.
    I can show you trs that are stealthed 24/7
    I can show you end game tr and end game gwf clearing dungons tr wins

becase this tr is go to class ( QQ more any other class more of them)
    also it has most bad players
    compare end game gwf with end game tr and see what's better plz devs don't compare a tr in greens with end game gwf there is less gwf as u know and most gwf are ppl who rerolled into gwf because tr is so zzzzz .

will also like to point out if u read the notes its not really pvp nerf its only a pve only I would even consider it buff for pvp personally not like count on slam for its dps in pvp 15% more defence that be nice for when unstoppable down (slams only 500 or so damage per tick so lose less than 300 dps and gain 15% def)
This discussion has been closed.