test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage, Dungeon Event Chests, and AD Updates!

Comments

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I gotta admit I was dreading a BOP change. And not looking forward to seeing the salvage guy at all. But the way its outlined here seems pretty fair. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    By that logic the End Game gamers like me will make more AD since we control most of the market of CN anyways. Thus we are not spending any zen, guess thats good news to me.
    Not really....not AT ALL

Since CN is going to be the only source of profitable items.. ppl are only going to run this dungeon therefore flooding the market with CN only items therefore reducing their cost because of the influx of item that will be constantly introducing gear to the AH even more than now...
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1) The amount of boss drops will remain the same. However there will be five less drops per dungeon delve added into the economy from the lack of the Dungeon Delve Chest.

2) Boss drops are t1 and t2. The dungeon delve chests drop the same loot bosses drop except it guaranteed loot every for every single person in a Dungeon Delve Event.
    As such the game became flooded with many of the items.

The same thing the new players do: when you get the drops, which will be rarer, sell the drops for more astral diamonds than they currently sell for.

The logic in this is extremely flawed.

The only boss drops that will make profitable Ad are those that come from CN; therefore, endgame will turn into a CN farming fest until those items have drastically reduced in value to the point of not being worth the time.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The same thing the new players do: when you get the drops, which will be rarer, sell the drops for more astral diamonds than they currently sell for.

What drops???since boss drops are wortheless and the only thing worth is the top tier gear that may drop from a chest...
    How will they be rarer? since nobody is gonna do dungeons now i guess they are going to be less on the AH.. but..their stats are useless...how are they worth anything if they're not useful? as rare as they may be....
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And it is [arguable]. He specifically states in his post that:

"Previously when the chest rewarded you with a piece of Tier gear for a particular slot it would randomly be one of three sets, each with a different stat allocation and play style focus."

"Best" as you put it is a completely subjective term. What's best for you isn't necessarily best for me, and vice versa, because my play style may vary from yours. To say that most will probably always pick the "best" is true... but what's "best" is going to vary from person to person.

Ofc is arguable and ofc the best for me might not be the same for u but just take a look at AH to see which are the "best" items for each class... Ofc diferent people have diferent demands but there will always be set with more demand than others... I play as DC in mindflayer serve, Miracle head sells for 300k AD and beacon of the faith for 40k AD.... theres a significant diference for some reason i believe.

I believe thats what i meant by "best" gear set.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Boss drops are worthless because the number of items being flooded into the market. With less items going into the market prices will increase.

Castle Never isn't the be all and end all of everything. Castle Never only drops Necklaces, Rings and Ancient Weapons and Off-Hands.

The items such as helmets and boots have retained their value from being in harder to complete dungeons (Spellplague and Frozen Heart) while arms, and offhands are extremely cheap for being in the easier T2 Dungeons (Pirate King and Karrundax)

Without 5 drops per dungeon during dungeon delves being added into the economy the supply drops and the values will increase.
    This is basic economics.
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Ofc is arguable and ofc the best for me might not be the same for u but just take a look at AH to see which are the "best" items for each class... Ofc diferent people have diferent demands but there will always be set with more demand than others... I play as DC in mindflayer serve, Miracle head sells for 300k AD and beacon of the faith for 40k AD.... theres a significant diference for some reason i believe.

I believe thats what i meant by "best" gear set.

True unfortunately... there will always be sheep that go along with whatever people tell them [ie trend-setters and trend-followers]. For someone with a modicum of self awareness and independent thought... best should be determined by play style.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Boss drops are worthless because the number of items being flooded into the market. With less items going into the market prices will increase.

Castle Never isn't the be all and end all of everything. Castle Never only drops Necklaces, Rings and Ancient Weapons and Off-Hands.

The items such as helmets and boots have retained their value from being in harder to complete dungeons (Spellplague and Frozen Heart) while arms, and offhands are extremely cheap for being in the easier T2 Dungeons (Pirate King and Karrundax)

Without 5 drops per dungeon during dungeon delves being added into the economy the supply drops and the values will increase.
    This is basic economics.

But u will have to agree that the boss drop rate as it is now will just increase alot the T2 value in items in AH, some will probably be more then 1m AD... I have done A LOT of T2 epic runs and i saw a RLY low drop from bosses. I think this new update still need a few tweeks.

This update will probably get many people to leave the game but i think is for the best in long term.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

This is basic economics.

Boss Drops are not part of sets and do not have any bonuses and only for this reason they are useless therefore worthless....
    Currently chance to drop part of a bis set whatever of the 3 most powerful of each class may be.
    Karru - Bis Arms
    Spell - Bis Head
    Spider - BiS Armor
    FH - BiS Boots
    CN - BiS jewerly BiS main hand and BiS offhand
    (not counting belts and pants/shirts)
    (also not counting blues that stack health for those tenes exploiters out there)
    #fact
    any item outside this places where you can obtain these sets is less powerful = less useful = worth less...
    In this game only the best gear is worth something and anything else is garbage...and its reflected on the auction house right now...and it wont change even if you make everything on this game BoP..
    If the Boss does indeed has a minimal chance to drop the item we will have a CN last boss scenario where its gonna be a toss who gets it....(inb4 ninjas ,kickers etc.)
    This items will be inflated to oblivion but.... no one will have AD from farming.. how are we gonna get them if we want them on the AH??Two scenarios.... nobody can afford them since nobody has a source of income now outside the petty 24k ad a day u can refine and whatever garbage you are able to sell, prices go down and down...
    Scenario 2... Zen convertion .... AHHH the dreaded P2W!! so expensive I can only afford it through real money converting bought zen to AD!!
    But ok No.... I dont wanna buy zen IMMA FARM THE AD MYSELF....24k (+whatever garbage you manage to sell) a day!!for the next month!!! to get my 1 piece of gear!!
    ^
    Scenario 1
    By that time you already have your gear.
    Scenario 2
    By that time you already got bored and quit the game...
    Buying Zen items...
    What you do?? farm AD to convert to zen right?
    **** I want a Cat companion!! only 900k Ad!!(minus whatever discount they are giving at the time) 24k (+whatever garbage you manage to sell) a day!!for the next month!!! the cycle repeats omg!
    Scenario 2 (again)... Zen convertion .... AHHH the dreaded P2W!! so expensive I can only afford it through real money converting bought zen to AD!!
    ---- But you have the salvager for all those purps from ur chests u dont need!! ^_^!
    Yay! salvager plz salvage this piece of coveted gear for 200k ad plz... NOT...
    This is basic logic..

edit...
    And since PVP and GG will be no longer viable places to obtain some sort of income then what is left?
    This change will make the game even less Casual friendly for ppl that dont want to spend real money on it to get AD.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited August 2013
    i would increase amount of rough ad conversions from 24k to 54k
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Poor wording on my part but the result is the same, haha. :D
    Supply and demand is tied together completely. Right now there is a huge supply. By reducing the supply you will increase the price.

End result is prices will rise.

Based on your example: corn famine occurs and the supply drops. Supply drops result in increased prices.

All of the Assumptions above is based on the fact that Demand remains the same. You are 100% correct on that prices will rise if Supply drops.

03cbBSw.png

However you take 0 accounts of the effect of the new patch on the Demand. First of all why do players purchase t2 itemsets from the AH? to obtain better gear. Cost of Doing DD T2s vs Buying it from the AH? If a player thinks the cost of it is too high, they will do DD(i.e. Avatar for GWFs and Swashbuckling captain). Since DD will give you an item from the set you want, what is the point of buying it from someone else?

3Zs62PZ.png

Basically limiting the flow of AD within the Neverwinter Economy.
    Poor people will have a lower stream of income due to the BoP and are forced to rely upon the 24k per day, while the rich dont need to spend AD at all.

No one uses them, with the exceptions of Pyrotechnic bands, greater ring of repulsion, Tier 1.5 weapons.

For sure I know I will not be spending a cent in the AH because now I can get my t2 items from DD without ridiculous RNG troll ring/neck/belt.
    So u have demand decrease from me, I'm sure many of people feel the same way too
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's my theory:

Once everyone runs each dungeon once to complete their set, no one will be running them anymore.

Every party will be full of first-timers who don't know how to run it, and with the ridiculous amount of adds in some places, casual players will probably give up on the game. As it is right now, you basically NEED T2+ gear to run T2 dungeons.

Eventually, every DD event will be comprised of Cloaktower and CN runs only, CT for speed runs and multiple chest drops to salvage, CN for potentially useful accessories that can't be obtained through DD.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    snip

Good work but missed a crucial piece of the equation...

Items don't make AD. The AD which goes into the system doesn't vary based on the number of gear entering the system.
    AD entering the system is based on players and how much players are willing to spend in the system.

As such there is no relation to the supply of gear and the amount of gold in the system. It is only effected in an indirect means.

Now for all intensive purposes we can say the amount of AD in the system will stay static. There will be less items to buy with the same amount of cash in the system. This will result in buyers having to compete more for gear purchases and ultimately gear prices will rise.

This is what happens in the Real Estate Industry. "Buyer's Market" and "Seller's Market" are the terms. Right now we have a buyers market where buyers are in control because there is a huge surplus of items being sold so sellers are competing for the lower prices. A sellers market would have sellers compete for items being sold because there are more buyers than sellers.

While I doubt we will ever reach a true seller's market this change will take the shift from being a 100% buyers's market outside of a few top end gear and shift it to a more balanced market. The prices will go up if these changes go into effect by the sheer nature of lowering the number of items to purchase. I'd be willing to bet my life on it. This is not rocket science.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Items don't make AD. The AD which goes into the system doesn't vary based on the number of gear entering the system.

With the addition of salvage this changes. How much so has yet to be seen. But letting us turn gear into AD is them loosening the reins of control over how much AD gets put into the game. I'm going to be hopeful and wait and see how much of an impact it will have. After all I like a lot of the other changes they have mentioned here.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    With the addition of salvage this changes. How much so has yet to be seen. But letting us turn gear into AD is them loosening the reins of control over how much AD gets put into the game. I'm going to be hopeful and wait and see how much of an impact it will have. After all I like a lot of the other changes they have mentioned here.

Not correct. Cryptic has a perfect control over how much AD enters into the economy. The AD refine cap per day per character. You can earn a bazillion raw AD a day. Cryptic doesn't really care how much raw AD you earn (non-exploitativelty). Raw AD is useless until it refined. Then and only then is it a currency. This is the only way that AD enters into the economy.

The only time that Refined <Cryptic's Time Currency) is given directly to players in one of their games is when the economy first starts. The large amount of Refined currency is used to jump start the economy. Once an economy is running, Cryptic will rarely (if ever) give Refined time currency.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Very true. Increasing the amount of AD which goes into the system alone would raise prices though. The more AD people have the more items would be worth in AD.

If everybody made 100K AD every day the price people would be willing to spend on items would increase because AD would become less valuable to the players. Sometimes this could be inflation but a little known fact is that deflation could cause just as big of a problem to economics.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nice, more sources of rough AD. Will be refining cap increased? Or rough AD will be accumulating more and more?
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All of the Assumptions above is based on the fact that Demand remains the same. You are 100% correct on that prices will rise if Supply drops.

03cbBSw.png

However you take 0 accounts of the effect of the new patch on the Demand. First of all why do players purchase t2 itemsets from the AH? to obtain better gear. Cost of Doing DD T2s vs Buying it from the AH? If a player thinks the cost of it is too high, they will do DD(i.e. Avatar for GWFs and Swashbuckling captain). Since DD will give you an item from the set you want, what is the point of buying it from someone else?

3Zs62PZ.png

Basically limiting the flow of AD within the Neverwinter Economy.
    Poor people will have a lower stream of income due to the BoP and are forced to rely upon the 24k per day, while the rich dont need to spend AD at all.

No one uses them, with the exceptions of Pyrotechnic bands, greater ring of repulsion, Tier 1.5 weapons.

For sure I know I will not be spending a cent in the AH because now I can get my t2 items from DD without ridiculous RNG troll ring/neck/belt.
    So u have demand decrease from me, I'm sure many of people feel the same way too

this was explained very well in case the mod didnt get meegtoasts point, you didnt talk about demand, as a new player why would I buy the t2 sets worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AD where I can choose to get the set I want for my character and that it takes only a few runs rather than spending AD, which is harder to get after patch than ever right? its pretty simple why make things so complicated.

Dungeons will be dead soon so as GG events and PVP

Maybe If they can buff the non set items to make it viable to farm for dungeons, to make it worth the time to run those
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Does this simply means, we can't sell any purple items from the items we get in the delve chest in the Auction? I wonder how will that affect economy.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Not correct. Cryptic has a perfect control over how much AD enters into the economy. The AD refine cap per day per character. You can earn a bazillion raw AD a day. Cryptic doesn't really care how much raw AD you earn (non-exploitativelty). Raw AD is useless until it refined. Then and only then is it a currency. This is the only way that AD enters into the economy.

The only time that Refined <Cryptic's Time Currency) is given directly to players in one of their games is when the economy first starts. The large amount of Refined currency is used to jump start the economy. Once an economy is running, Cryptic will rarely (if ever) give Refined time currency.

In a game with free accounts and cheap character slots... a daily cap per character is a minor inconvenience. Easily worked around by a determined individual. Its about 175K for 2 character slots on beholder. When they are full price. Even cheaper at the moment. The only items that would have to be salvaged by the "main" would be the Dungeon Delve BOP stuff. Everything else could be passed off as needed.

I stand by what I said. "letting us turn gear into AD is them loosening the reins of control over how much AD gets put into the game." How much so will depend on exactly how the Salvage mechanics work.
  • Options
    nigelcr217nigelcr217 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dinohedron wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to take some time and talk about some of the new changes we have going live with Fury of the Feywild. We got tons of great feedback from all of you the first time we looked at making similar changes. That feedback not only helped us refine our approach but it also pointed out some parts of the game that needed improvement as well. Your excellent feedback directly fueled our new approach!

Salvage Trader
    Hieronymous Glim is back! You can find his stall and animated hammer in the Seven Suns Coster Market. Talk to him to find out everything you need to know about Salvage. If you have any level 60 purple items you don
  • Options
    nigelcr217nigelcr217 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Boss drops are still annoying at Epic Dungeons, I have done dozens of Epic Dungeons with friends but I NEVER get any T2 or T1 Gear for my character. And if I get one it's completely taken away from me with rolls.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    this was explained very well in case the mod didnt get meegtoasts point
    I understood it. As I said he left out crucial economic factors. you didnt talk about demand, as a new player why would I buy the t2 sets worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AD where I can choose to get the set I want for my character and that it takes only a few runs rather than spending AD, which is harder to get after patch than ever right? its pretty simple why make things so complicated.
    schulz87 wrote: »
    Dungeons will be dead soon so as GG events and PVP

Ok. Let's say this happens. The number of people doing dungeons drops even further. Supply drops even further. Prices go up even further.

This is the end all, be all point that dominates this change: there are too many items going into the market and not enough demand for those items.
    By reducing the supply of all items the prices of all items will go up unless demand goes down which is not going to be that much less of a demand than it is currently.

The more people don't do dungeons because they don't get their guaranteed 1-5K AD junk drops the more the actual drop prices will rise thus negating any end of the world theories.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    nigelcr217: He didn't use a regular ' in his "you don't" phrase. Have to change it if you want to quote him without getting cut off.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i would increase amount of rough ad conversions from 24k to 54k

I agree that the amount of rough ad conversions should be increased. 48k-62k would be very nice instead of the little 24k.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Overall positive....but as others have said, the 24K limit might need revising. I am currently sitting on over 300.000 rough AD, and it takes forever to process them, with more piling up every day.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    If items from DD chests become BoP I will surely quit this game on the spot....

If I understanded this right DD chest drops will be BOP? So Seals goes bop, pvp bop and you can not sell for gold, GG BOP and now DD geos BOP too???? Well this is going to be the end of the game for me too! This is a big ROFL! Instead maybe try to fix EXPLOITS!

Tip's for the devs:

<Exploit details are strictly prohibited from being discussed on the forums>

So maybe fix few things first before making a system that asks fore real money. Maybe first buy more servers so we don't wait 40 minutes in que for Call to the arms or GG dungeons with 5/5 party.... you are on the wrong track here, very!

P.S. Did you told to ppl they will need about 150 gold and 300k AD for new upcoming patch and you are cuting off every posible way to make AD and Gold so we must buy more ZEN and put $$ in your pocket. Updating blue to purple pet will cost around 20$ and going from green to purple will cost 50$+ and for thet amount u can buy 2x purple in store.... Well its time to end this rage because you dont give a 2c for some random guy talking about your HALF-product...

/EOF RAGE

EDITED: AHAHAAHAH YEA HIDE EXPLOITS LOL!

You know we are right on top of the problem with this list of exploits! Why do you hide exploits on the forums when 99% of dungeone runs are EXPLOIT runs!? Shame on you devs, shame! So this is how you see yours "Lets discuss" call to players?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If I understanded this right DD chest drops will be BOP? So Seals goes bop, pvp bop and you can not sell for gold, GG BOP and now DD geos BOP too???? Well this is going to be the end of the game for me too! This is a big ROFL! Instead maybe try to fix EXPLOITS!

Check out the Slavager :p

Yeah you can't sell bound items but you can get AD from all of them. Maybe not as much...
    But the items that aren't BoP will become a higher value.
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    How much can you salvage them for? 2k?
  • Options
    xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    Check out the Slavager :p

Yeah you can't sell bound items but you can get AD from all of them. Maybe not as much...

Yea sure. So instand making of 200k for item from DD now I will get 20k rough? ahahahaha total bull****, and what to do with 24k limit per day? This is total bull****! I was realy happy and couldnt wait for new patch, its nice looking some nice options, new boons system and now after this I just can say its end of the game for me with this system....but who we are for devs to listen to us...
    But the items that aren't BoP will become a higher value.

Well items left as non-BOP are total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and 90% of players dont need them. The real thing behind this system is thet devs doesnt know how to stop EXPLOITS so lets make DD bop so then 5 ppl with get only one item from boss drop so they will stop to farm/exploit. Again one more punishment for legit players! Just like "solving" problem with bots in PVP.

Again... FIX EXPLOITS!