test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Savage Skull of Many Arrows visual orientation bug (?)

therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
oftCdpG.jpg

As you can see on the image, my transmogged skull is in "landscape mode" while the skull next to the event NPC is in "portrait mode". Is this the intentional design?
On a side note i think the skull next to the NPC looks way better like that then mine.
Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
Post edited by therealgravecard on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed, thank you anonymous helper to confirm this!

*the mage smiles and bows*

attachment.php?attachmentid=8451&stc=1
    attachment.php?attachmentid=8461&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=8471&stc=1
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As you can see on the image, my transmogged skull is in "landscape mode" while the skull next to the event NPC is in "portrait mode". Is this the intentional design?
    On a side note i think the skull next to the NPC looks way better like that then mine.

Getting the same thing. And also agree with you about the other skull looking better.

Another thing with the skull is that when casting Oppressive Force the skull part doesn't show up at all. You can see a couple of the bones, but not the skull itself. Not sure if that's also caused by the skull being sideways.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Control wizard orc style weapon is bugged, its leaning on its side and needs to be rotated 90 degrees.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I'm glad I checked how it looked before I transmuted it , as it is it looks rather silly and had I paid 60k to transmute I would have been quite annoyed xD
  • Options
    fluarahfluarah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Savage Skull of the Many Arrows does not render properly, while floating out of combat the skull floats sideways and while in combat it floats upside down. I transmuted my ancient court magister's orb and it looks weird sideways.
  • Options
    foreadforead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sideways_skull.jpg

example here :) just wanted to ask about the same issue... not that it affects game play but it just looks wired :)

Edit:
    Why does the image not work? :/

Edit 2, now it works :)
    Link here:
    http://postimg.org/image/nh9f81oh7
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Oh, god, please don't let this thread die until this has been fixed. Sideways in regular mode is ridiculous looking enough but UPSIDE DOWN when in use?! PLEASE fix it. Please.
  • Options
    fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Noticed this and laughed a bit. I was hoping for it to not be intended that way as I want to use it for a transfusion!
    Hoping this gets fixed ASAP
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    can somebody give me the cvars for zooming and tilting the view so i can grab a good screenshot?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dekno wrote: »
    can somebody give me the cvars for zooming and tilting the view so i can grab a good screenshot?

To zoom ingame simply use B then scroll-wheel. Tilting view? I very much doubt you can affect the angle of how you see things as a player other than with your mouse.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Lets bump this up.. still no word about a fix.

• Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does the skull show the weapon enchant animation/glow?
  • Options
    edited August 2013

So glad this was bumped as I was wondering about it. Also, very good question.
  • Options
    gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No response from devs on this yet? I want to transmute mine, but not if they aren't going to fix this. Can we get confirmation from a dev that this is going to be fixed on the next patch? I am also interested about the answer to the enchantment animation question if anyone can answer that please.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not to make it spam'ish, but I hope this gets atleast an answer soon. Wondering if it's worth keeping it or if they intend it to look like that and be discarded by me :p

• Options
    edited August 2013
    fantom3n wrote: »
    Not to make it spam'ish, but I hope this gets atleast an answer soon. Wondering if it's worth keeping it or if they intend it to look like that and be discarded by me :p

I really hope they answer this soon. I don't think it's spammish at all; it needs to be seen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A patch is happening tomorrow, but sadly, nothing mentioned about fixing this.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited August 2013
    does it on all orbs too, i usually just remove the weapon then put it back on, it's like the colour of your armour makes it do it, like a skin comes out the model.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can't access the game this week. Was this fixed on the last patch?
  • Options
    gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still no dev response on this. They give us this wonderful event, and this cool new reward. What would be the most awesome looking orb in the game, but the animation is messed up and it seems they don't want to acknowledge and fix it. I am just glad I held off on spending the 60k AD to transmute, or I would be super pissed. I feel bad for the people who have already done the transmute. I am holding off until they fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I have one with a lesser plague fire enchant on it. That enchant shows up.
  • Options
    ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gorgaxx wrote: »
    No response from devs on this yet? I want to transmute mine, but not if they aren't going to fix this. Can we get confirmation from a dev that this is going to be fixed on the next patch? I am also interested about the answer to the enchantment animation question if anyone can answer that please.

Thanks

I totally want to use my skull but do not want "landscape" mode it looks silly sideways. Please let us know this is at least being looked at.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I wish that we could get one dev to at least acknowledge this problem and maybe at least tell us that it will be fixed if not tell us when it will be fixed. Please.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gorgaxx wrote: »
    I wish that we could get one dev to at least acknowledge this problem and maybe at least tell us that it will be fixed if not tell us when it will be fixed. Please.

Agreed. This is why they need a public known issues list.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Was hoping they might have slipped a fix for this in with module 1 stuff, but it didn't happen. The skull is still sideways.

8agm.jpg

Also getting the plaguefire enchant showing up at my hands instead of on the skull a lot. Saw this bug before todays patch, and with other orbs. But this is the first time I noticed it outside of PE. Maybe just because it only happens out of combat.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bump I really want to use this on my orb but not if it is sideways
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Was hoping they might have slipped a fix for this in with module 1 stuff, but it didn't happen. The skull is still sideways.

8agm.jpg

Also getting the plaguefire enchant showing up at my hands instead of on the skull a lot. Saw this bug before todays patch, and with other orbs. But this is the first time I noticed it outside of PE. Maybe just because it only happens out of combat.

That happens to me, all the time. Quite annoying :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is ridiculous. At this point, it almost seems like they are ignoring this thread, and this issue, on purpose. Like, if they don't acknowledge that it's a problem, then the problem doesn't exist. We should start a pool on how many pages this thread is going to reach before they acknowledge and/or fix the problem. I am going to bid 10 (knowing that this is probably a pessimistic estimate).
  • Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With all the problems that came up with the new module chances are that it will take a long time to acknowledge this , let alone fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valiadgr wrote: »
    With all the problems that came up with the new module chances are that it will take a long time to acknowledge this , let alone fix it.

yea soo many bugs but i am almost ready to use my ancient orb.. I would like to use my skull on it.

so bump