test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter Scrotobagins Regen Tank & DPS Builds

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I tested this on the preview server with Into the Fray and I did not get the buff. If you use Feytouched you will need to change your rotation around and always initiate with Enforced Threat to get the most out of the enchant.

You should report this in the bug section.
    edited September 2013
    I just started out and If I were to try to get lower versions of:

Neck: Berserker Amulet of Restoration
    Belt: Berserker Belt of Restoration

what items should I aim for? What are the stats on both of those restoration pieces? I cant find them on the market or wiki.

You just reached 60? If so GRATS.

The armor set & my build doesn't really matter as what you need to work on first is:

Saving up AD to buy a Stone or CAT.
    Then work on getting ArP CAP to 24%
    Then work on getting CRT to 1650-1750

Once you get both of those then you can start to stack power.

If you want to do a Tank build then the deflect/Regen build works great as a survival build.
  • crowdpleasingcrowdpleasing Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2013
    I don't think its a bug as from the description "Your encounter powers siphon away 12% of your target's damage" Into the Fray has no enemy targets. I wouldn't want it to work that way either as you're only get half the benefit of the enchant but it would be better if the debuff worked like Bronzewood.
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    daveabides wrote: »
    Doesn't the tooltip say something like -450 defense? Does that translate to 10% increased damage taken?

Yes, I tested it with dummies, it is exactly 10% more damage.
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are incorrect about this statement. Knight Caption proc's from at-wills & encounters just like Valiant Warrior.

Just from my experience running Valiant vs. Knight Captain it seemed to me that Valiant procs far more often. Maybe there is a difference in the proc mechanics afterall. While Knight Captain says 25% chance when using a Power, Valiant says 25% chance when you strike an opponent. So maybe using a Frontline Surge hitting 3 enemies will only offer 25% chance to proc the Knight Captain set bonus once while Valiant has 25% chance to proc per each target hit.
    KC set gives on average over a 20% Damage Increase to most DPS classes while improving your DC's healing.

Do you have any source for that? I did a lot of testing how Reckless Attacker (the +100% power feat) scales depending on your power and I made the experience that its a bigger dps increase the more base power you have (I got the document on my old computer but it was something like: on 3k base power the feat gives +15% dps increase, at 4k base power it gives +20% and at 5k base power it gives +25% dps increase).

Compared to Reckless Attacker the Knight Captain buff is "only" a 60% power increase instead of 100%. And I think the effect will be even less on Trickster Rogues or CW, as they have no natural source of armor penetration and need to stack other stats than just power.

I agree with the Knight Captain set bonus being a good proc, especially if you have lots of GF and GWFs in your party. But in a regular 1-of-each party the set bonus will be pretty much on par to Valiant Warriors +10% damage debuff.

If you have 2 GFs of course 1 Valiant wearer and 1 Knight Captain user will make a very good combo.
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I tested it with dummies, it is exactly 10% more damage.

Just from my experience running Valiant vs. Knight Captain it seemed to me that Valiant procs far more often. Maybe there is a difference in the proc mechanics afterall. While Knight Captain says 25% chance when using a Power, Valiant says 25% chance when you strike an opponent. So maybe using a Frontline Surge hitting 3 enemies will only offer 25% chance to proc the Knight Captain set bonus once while Valiant has 25% chance to proc per each target hit.

Do you have any source for that? I did a lot of testing how Reckless Attacker (the +100% power feat) scales depending on your power and I made the experience that its a bigger dps increase the more base power you have (I got the document on my old computer but it was something like: on 3k base power the feat gives +15% dps increase, at 4k base power it gives +20% and at 5k base power it gives +25% dps increase).

Compared to Reckless Attacker the Knight Captain buff is "only" a 60% power increase instead of 100%. And I think the effect will be even less on Trickster Rogues or CW, as they have no natural source of armor penetration and need to stack other stats than just power.

I agree with the Knight Captain set bonus being a good proc, especially if you have lots of GF and GWFs in your party. But in a regular 1-of-each party the set bonus will be pretty much on par to Valiant Warriors +10% damage debuff.

If you have 2 GFs of course 1 Valiant wearer and 1 Knight Captain user will make a very good combo.

My teammates stack Power because of my KC builds.

GWF - ~12k Power /w buff
    TR - ~12k Power /w buff
    CW - ~9k Power /w buff
    DC - ~8k Power /w buff

We also use Augment Pets and our DC uses the Naga for even more damage boost. With High Vizir, High Prophet, Knight Cap, P.Terror, GPF the team damage increase is massive and targets melt.
  • notawisechoicenotawisechoice Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm on my way to stone like you suggested. I've been selling AD for zen I'm up to 600 as of today, 2000 is so far away! I've gotten some minor berserker rings with my unicorn seals and bought the amulet/belt of restoration. I've also obtained 3/4 KC so far, I haven't gotten past 2nd boss in Mad Dragon yet though, having trouble getting the helmet to complete the set bonus. I don't wanna buy it for 110-120k AD either because I'm saving for the stone. I don't get to attempt it that often during DD though because I'm afraid of group disbanding and not getting any DD box, I have been trying to practice it when DD are not going on but no luck yet.
  • slipp3rzmk6slipp3rzmk6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hi dkcandy,

I currently have the KC set + cat and needed help on how to proceed.

my stats with cat w/ campfire: str23, con25, dex15
    power- 7049
    crit- 1952
    arp- 1856
    recov- 2359
    def- 2873
    deflect-124
    reg- 492

I mostly used ranks 6s and a couple of 7s runes. Should i be adding more crit? My arp is a little off from 24% percent based off your sheet? I wasn't sure if your suggested crit of 1750 was based off of a con/dex build or con/str. Does it matter? And lastly, does movement speed really matter for gf? I have Ad for rank 7 darks but already have 5s and didnt know if it is worth the money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    edited September 2013
    hi dkcandy,

I currently have the KC set + cat and needed help on how to proceed.

my stats with cat w/ campfire: str23, con25, dex15
    power- 7049
    crit- 1952
    arp- 1856
    recov- 2359
    def- 2873
    deflect-124
    reg- 492

I mostly used ranks 6s and a couple of 7s runes. Should i be adding more crit? My arp is a little off from 24% percent based off your sheet? I wasn't sure if your suggested crit of 1750 was based off of a con/dex build or con/str. Does it matter? And lastly, does movement speed really matter for gf? I have Ad for rank 7 darks but already have 5s and didnt know if it is worth the money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Your CRT & ArP look fine and all you can really do is add more CRT or Power to increase damage. But CRT has a horrible diminishing returns and power isn't really noticeable unless you are adding 1250+ (50 Weapon Damage)

To reach 5% Movement speed you need (1) Rank 7 Dark & (2) Rank 8 Darks... It's not really worth the cost for only 1.x% more movement.

If you don't have a Perfect Weapon enchant, you might want to focus on that or work on upgrading your Weapon/Shield to the new MC Crafted set. Those will increase your damage a bit.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    256vbz7.jpg

Dwarf 17 STR 26 CON 19 Dex

Fun for trolling in PvP

Gear choices based on the regen/defense/deflection build.

Discuss
    edited September 2013
    Your CRT & ArP look fine and all you can really do is add more CRT or Power to increase damage. But CRT has a horrible diminishing returns and power isn't really noticeable unless you are adding 1250+ (50 Weapon Damage)

To reach 5% Movement speed you need (1) Rank 7 Dark & (2) Rank 8 Darks... It's not really worth the cost for only 1.x% more movement.

If you don't have a Perfect Weapon enchant, you might want to focus on that or work on upgrading your Weapon/Shield to the new MC Crafted set. Those will increase your damage a bit.

Thanks for the info on stats! Got it!
    I'm only using a lesser fireplague and lesser soulforged atm. weapons:brutal lizardfolk shield: timeless hero
    Im guessing I should work on perfect vorpal then? since i have a lot of crit (...so expensive)
    What do you mean by crafted set? Could you tell me the name? Does it drop in MC or do you craft it?
    Thanks again!
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the info on stats! Got it!
    I'm only using a lesser fireplague and lesser soulforged atm. weapons:brutal lizardfolk shield: timeless hero
    Im guessing I should work on perfect vorpal then? since i have a lot of crit (...so expensive)
    What do you mean by crafted set? Could you tell me the name? Does it drop in MC or do you craft it?
    Thanks again!

The current Best Weapon is crafted from the level 20 Weapon Smithing with 3 Fragments that can be farmed from MC or bought of AH. Costs about 1 Million AD to craft weapon if you buy the items of AH.
    edited September 2013
    The current Best Weapon is crafted from the level 20 Weapon Smithing with 3 Fragments that can be farmed from MC or bought of AH. Costs about 1 Million AD to craft weapon if you buy the items of AH.

I couldn't help but hear a lot of people say the stats on the MC set is not that much better then the CN set.( even though i couldnt find actual stats of the MC set anywhere on the site. Maybe going CN set + perfect weapon enchant would be more time efficient. (leveling to 20 seems a bit......)
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just from my experience running Valiant vs. Knight Captain it seemed to me that Valiant procs far more often.
    Dunno what's about "far more often". I always watch my green scull hanging as a buff near my teammates' icons at the top of my screen. For me KC just procs. It lasts for the entire battle and never disappears. Is that often enough?
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sslothzz wrote: »
    Dunno what's about "far more often". I always watch my green scull hanging as a buff near my teammates' icons at the top of my screen. For me KC just procs. It lasts for the entire battle and never disappears. Is that often enough?

I share the same experience - I barely ever witness a fight longer than 5 seconds w/o the buff. I could imagine that each foe struck by one of your encounters has the chance to trigger the set bonus.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the guide DK really great stuff.

Honestly i was looking forward to a pure protection tank all the way while leveling. I was very skeptical about going a conq path. I see its value though and it really is best path after trying the other.

I went ahead and grabbed a full knight captains set to try out.

Just a quick question or two. So starting out i dont have a stone (this is an alt may be a while). Should i still gem my gear as if i will have a stone with tons of ArP (stacking power on self) or since it will be a while should i gem nothing but ArP?

I have been doing the ArP route thus far nothing huge just rank 6's so not a huge deal. Alternatively i think i run a 20/24/20 S/C/D. Should try to compensate through ability distribution for more dex until i get stone or better off items?

Other question is what off items do you use with knight captains build. Right now i am using the hrimnir set for the large swath of stat distribution, but just doing that because i had it laying around on my main.

Normally i would just see how it goes and react, but i am not having much trouble in T2's, but i really feel like if i step into CN or MC i will get my shield pushed in so to speak.

Thanks!
    edited September 2013
    I couldn't help but hear a lot of people say the stats on the MC set is not that much better then the CN set.( even though i couldnt find actual stats of the MC set anywhere on the site. Maybe going CN set + perfect weapon enchant would be more time efficient. (leveling to 20 seems a bit......)

The thing is you can actually level to 20 weapon smithing with almost no cost and it will only take a couple weeks. During that time you could farm 2/3 fragment runs and your shield drops off the 1st boss. So it's pretty easy to get the shield and also work towards the weapon. Time shouldn't really be an issue as it's an MMO, so even if it takes a month to get the set shouldn't be an issue. :P
    edited September 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    Thanks for the guide DK really great stuff.

Honestly i was looking forward to a pure protection tank all the way while leveling. I was very skeptical about going a conq path. I see its value though and it really is best path after trying the other.

I went ahead and grabbed a full knight captains set to try out.

Just a quick question or two. So starting out i dont have a stone (this is an alt may be a while). Should i still gem my gear as if i will have a stone with tons of ArP (stacking power on self) or since it will be a while should i gem nothing but ArP?

I have been doing the ArP route thus far nothing huge just rank 6's so not a huge deal. Alternatively i think i run a 20/24/20 S/C/D. Should try to compensate through ability distribution for more dex until i get stone or better off items?

Other question is what off items do you use with knight captains build. Right now i am using the hrimnir set for the large swath of stat distribution, but just doing that because i had it laying around on my main.

Normally i would just see how it goes and react, but i am not having much trouble in T2's, but i really feel like if i step into CN or MC i will get my shield pushed in so to speak.

Thanks!

1st work on getting your ArP CAP
    2nd work on getting 1650+ CRT

Last add power

Since you don't have Augment pet, enchanting your self with dark's is fine. Also your rings, neck, belt can be anything stacking any stats you want.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hello,
    could you help me to understand which is better between soulforged and negation enchantment, and why?
    EDIT: or if there is another armor enchant better for GF

a second question

You said before it take a couple of week to level weapon smithing to lev 20. I needed 2 months to level leadership to 20. How can I level weaponsmithing? Which is the best trategy? I have 6 slot unlocked.

Thanks
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    Hello,
    could you help me to understand which is better between soulforged and negation enchantment, and why?

a second question

You said before it take a couple of week to level weapon smithing to lev 20. I needed 2 months to level leadership to 20. How can I level weaponsmithing? Which is the best trategy? I have 6 slot unlocked.

Thanks

weaponsmith is easy and fast to lvl
    free method = always do 6hour task (materials gathering)
    fast but needs AD = craft weapon (craft 3 diff weapons bec its like other task the limit is 3, then upgrade to +2 +3 and so on // needs lots of residium)
    fastest = craft rare weapons but needs more AD

maxing weaponsmith will only take 2weeks or less
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thanks,
    and what about enchatments?

Hello,
    edited September 2013
    Thanks,
    and what about enchatments?

Soulforge you only need up to a Normal and triggers when at critical health (25% left).

Negation you really want to work up to Perfect and triggers at the start of a fight and reductions damage for a few seconds.

I personally preferred Soulforge over Negation.
    edited September 2013
    Soulforge you only need up to a Normal and triggers when at critical health (25% left).

Negation you really want to work up to Perfect and triggers at the start of a fight and reductions damage for a few seconds.

I personally preferred Soulforge over Negation.

Thanks
    in the first page you wrote you are testing new enchantments. Any news?
    edited September 2013
    Thanks
    in the first page you wrote you are testing new enchantments. Any news?

Which ones are you interested in? Many of them are bugged and not working correctly, posted on the BUG section.
    edited September 2013
    Which ones are you interested in? Many of them are bugged and not working correctly, posted on the BUG section.

I'm interesting in all of them lol, I have a lot of doubts. Soulforged and Negations as defensive, but i'm interesting also to other enchantment like birartwine and feytouched for weapons. Feytouched has a strange mechanic that seem funny, but I don't have anything of them so I can't test them on mimic.

and... you wrote: I personally preferred Soulforge over Negation... sorry i have problems with english, but preferred is past... so why the past? Now which you prefer?
    edited September 2013
    I'm interesting in all of them lol, I have a lot of doubts. Soulforged and Negations as defensive, but i'm interesting also to other enchantment like birartwine and feytouched for weapons. Feytouched has a strange mechanic that seem funny, but I don't have anything of them so I can't test them on mimic.

and... you wrote: I personally preferred Soulforge over Negation... sorry i have problems with english, but preferred is past... so why the past? Now which you prefer?

My GF's are capped in gear and rank 8 enchants. So I don't really care about what enchants does the most damage or best defensive, etc... I'm currently only enchanting for cool looks :P

So right now I use Greater Frostburn & working on Perfect bilethorn. They both look really cool and only reason I use them.

Feytouch is nice it has 12% tooltip damage increase with -12% dmg debuff on targets hit by your encounters.

Thunderhead is better IMO than Birartwine.
  • kielblockkielblock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Firstly thanks for your great builds.

I currently have the T2 PVP set, but am looking at going the 'Knights Captain' path (more help to party) and was just wondering which Feats/Skills you run with that build I assume it's the ones you list under 'PvE Tank Feats'?

One more thing I read some where on the Forum, that if you Take 'Tactical Superiority 5/5' you only need to put one point in 'Combat Superiority', can some one maybe confirm that this is correct or not.
  • c1r1asc1r1as Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kielblock wrote: »
    One more thing I read some where on the Forum, that if you Take 'Tactical Superiority 5/5' you only need to put one point in 'Combat Superiority', can some one maybe confirm that this is correct or not.

That's correct. Additional points in the power Combat Superiority only increase the duration of the buff after being struck. Since the feat Tactical Superiority makes the buff persistent (and increases its damage) any points beyond the first in the power are wasted... as you can't increase the duration of "persistent." ;)
  • azyrnazyrn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about using two 2pc sets. For example two timeless and two High Generals? The group I run with is still gearing up as well and we are looking for gear that will help us finish the runs (We come so close to getting spell plague down for a chance at a helm).

In short I am looking at helping do as much damage as I can with a group that is still gearing up with me and having the extra stats from the two different 2pc sets can add a lot (450 arm pen iirc and 450 defence).

I have really enjoyed reading this post and I have a lot to think about in terms of how to gear up for my group once it has the gear it needs. Thank you for your work and time.
    edited September 2013
    I'm also curious about armor and weapon enchantments.

For weapon: terror seems really good for team because of debuff, so does plaguefire (although not sure what it means by stacking 3 times. 15% debuff times 3 =45% debuff?

For armor: Soulforged seems like a life saver, so I like that

Random: stacking Teneburous on all offensive slot? but doesnt seem worth it giving up all the Power and arp.

What do you think ?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm also curious about armor and weapon enchantments.

For weapon: terror seems really good for team because of debuff, so does plaguefire (although not sure what it means by stacking 3 times. 15% debuff times 3 =45% debuff?

For armor: Soulforged seems like a life saver, so I like that

Random: stacking Teneburous on all offensive slot? but doesnt seem worth it giving up all the Power and arp.

What do you think ?

1. Tenebrous is not worth it unless its Greater Tenebrous AND PvP.

2. Divide Plague Fire and Terror "Defense" debuff by five to get the equivalent damage increase, i.e. up to 9% maximum if Plague Fire's defense reduction stacked on itself, which it does not currently due to a bug since Feywild. So, in practice, Perfect Terror debuff = 4% damage increase and Greater Plague Fire = 3% damage increase.