Options

Guardian Fighter Scrotobagins Regen Tank & DPS Builds

Comments

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hello,
    i have again doubt and question for you... lol sorry

My build is damage/lifesteal and I think lifedrinker is bad, so I should find the best enchant for the most damage possibile. Now I have KC set and working to reach 20% crit chance with vorpal, but I'm thinking to switch to timeless and change something else. So, my question are:

1) If with new build I had 16% crit chance and timeless (instead of 20% and kc), should I still working to vorpal or it is better working on something else? With theoretical 1350 buff on crit I should reach 23% chance, but only sometime and i have to "waste" all my 3 encounters to let the three buffs stack, so I'm afraid that the buff is not so consistent. Of course I could use my three encounter and then the daily, but usually I use the daily before, and the encounter after to recovery AP, so most of the time I will use my three stack buff with cleave lol (or I'm doing something wrong in gameplay?)

2) after vorpal, which is the best weapon enchant for GF? Plaguefire, Lightning or some other? why?

I know I did this kind of questions many time, but still confused

1) Get the Vorpal. It is always a large personal damage increase and will work with any and future builds.

2) Theoretically: Bronzewood for damage. Works well with aoe unlike Feytouched, raises your personal threat since it does not work with party, average of little under 8% overall damage increase for Perfect (regardless of armor penetration or stacking of other target debuffs). Perfect Terror is 3rd best at just over 4% damage increase. If GPF ever works again, i.e. stacks, it will be the 2nd best damage enchant due to just over 9% damage increase and helps party.

However, worth noting that Terror and GPF both work with Villain's Menace daily and At-Wills directly and have some extra unmitigated weapon damage, so in practice you would have to work hard to get Bronzewood to beat these two in all situations, especially frequent very large aoe packs, (though it should be better in most other situations, including PvP).
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ugh. I just realized I'm 23 str/24 Con/15 Dex when I dinged 60. I was shooting for 24...Is it that big a deal? Should I bother with a respec? I'm feeling like it's be a waste of AD.
  • Options
    najliahnajliah Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if i want to farm the recommended items, which dungeons would i farm them?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    1) Get the Vorpal. It is always a large personal damage increase and will work with any and future builds.

2) Theoretically: Bronzewood for damage. Works well with aoe unlike Feytouched, raises your personal threat since it does not work with party, average of little under 8% overall damage increase for Perfect (regardless of armor penetration or stacking of other target debuffs). Perfect Terror is 3rd best at just over 4% damage increase. If GPF ever works again, i.e. stacks, it will be the 2nd best damage enchant due to just over 9% damage increase and helps party.

However, worth noting that Terror and GPF both work with Villain's Menace daily and At-Wills directly and have some extra unmitigated weapon damage, so in practice you would have to work hard to get Bronzewood to beat these two in all situations, especially frequent very large aoe packs, (though it should be better in most other situations, including PvP).

Have to throw in Greater Lightning: 18% increase and two 50% chains. I sadly don't own one yet so can't test it, but it would surprise me if we weren't talking about an 20% overall DPS increase. That even beats Vorpal (at least on low crit GFs) I'd say. Especially if someone else is already using GPF (or generally bc it's bugged), I'd like to be able to switch to Greater Lightning on my Formorian Fabled.
  • Options
    bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    Power does not suffer from diminishing returns so the more power you have the more damage you do.

It is misleading to say that power has no diminishing returns. While adding 100 will always increase your Damage/Healing done by a fix amount you will need more and more power to achieve a 1% increase in damage.

Just like you need more and more crit to achieve a 1% increase in crit chance - which also is equal to a DPS increase of 0.75% (up to 1.25% with P.Vorpal).
  • Options
    crowdpleasingcrowdpleasing Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    It really depends on how you define diminishing returns and how you measure the return per point on each stat as generally power is measured as damage per second and not the % increase in damage.

I will you use your example though and still prove my point is valid. Once you hit hit 100% crit your points will diminish to 0 returns on that stat no matter how many points you add and your DPS will not increase at all. Same can be said for armour penetration once you hit 24% for PVE and also recovery. Even though your encounters will have no cooldown you are still limited by the casting and recovery time of your spells so your DPS will not increase either after a certain point. Adding power on the hand will still increase your damage even if you have 100 or over a million it will never diminish to 0 returns.
  • Options
    savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll post specifics if requested, but I just wanted to throw my spin on this awesome guide and maybe get a little feedback. I'm keeping power and Crit and ArP low in favor of defense, deflect, regen and life steal and counting on my high HP to be the basis for both my damage and self healing. I don't know for sure, but I'm hoping multiple tene's stack, as I've opted for 4 lessers slotted instead of 1 normal. Rough math would put the tene damage alone at around 1240 per tick(which makes me think they don't stack). If it doesn't work that way I guess I'll be spending a LOT of AD on unslotting and then combining them...

My main damage dealer is Knight's Valor and Supremacy of Steel. I've found that coupled with Lifedrinker and the feat/passive that heals you when your HP gets low, I'm virtually unkillable while still doing decent damage and holding plenty of aggro. So battles kinda look like this:

Pop Valor and Supremacy - as my team takes damage I take damage which procs supremacy which in turn procs tene. Regen and life steal keep my HP high. If my team is in red circles and I take a larger hit, the aforementioned passive procs which heals me for a % of my total HP.

I've been playing through T1 dungeons perfecting my gameplay and a couple times I didn't use a single pot. Some of that is the build but of course some of that is my team. Those were all PUGs, too.

Thanks dkcandy and everyone else who contributed. This build is REALLY fun!!!
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since the Greater ring of health is around 100k AD, i've tried to search around for another lower priced ring~.

Gloom wrought ring
    75 defense
    100 deflection
    150 regeneration

ring of the forest guardian
    128 defense
    108 deflection
    120 regeneration

House Xorlarrin signet
    175 regeneration
    150 steal life

House is the closest regeneration stat to greater ring of health, however it does not contain the bonus health stat. All of these can be purchased for a very low price.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thanks for the info but if i were to farm greater ring of health, where will it drop and what's the drop rate?
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    najliah wrote: »
    thanks for the info but if i were to farm greater ring of health, where will it drop and what's the drop rate?

I'm not sure, in the wiki it says Epic Cragmire Crypts, Competing Adventure Party.
    That's the only place I see so far. If it's nearing 100k AD, it must be somewhat-pretty rare.
    Good luck on farming :P
  • Options
    wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll admit, this may be covered in a previous post that I missed in the thread....there are a lot of pages to look through here and I skimmed on my break at work, so apologies if I missed it. When using the knight captain team buff setup...which feat set is more beneficial? The dps set or tank set? I recently respecced to the dps spec from rokuthy's old hybrid spec and it feels a bit different...I'm just wondering if I'd have been better off using the tank feat set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited October 2013

Actually the Vorpal is the best choise only if you get the perfect one and you get at least 20% crit chance (10% increased dmg).
    With a greater you'll need at least 25% Crit chance to compete with a GPF (9,5% increased dmg).
    A normal vorpal won't match any of the other 3 options (terror, plaguefire, bronzewood).

The additional dmg from plaguefire and terror is affected by def/dmg mitigation, actually just the tene enchantments can bypass any form of dmg reduction (that's why they are reported as "bugged").

On the other side the GPF (if it will ever been fixed) isn't a "solid" 9% buff since every stack of the def debuff has his own timer and you need more than 1 APS (attack per second) to keep up the 3 stacks which, in real world, will hardly happen (it's basically impossible to sustain the 3 stacks even on a dummy with the normal cleave).

All in all, there's no clear winner, maybe the plaguefire has some more "utility" for the party BUT for a build that doesn't have conq build I'd always suggest the Bronzewood (but noone should regret the choise of any other enchant listed).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    saved81 wrote: »
    Actually the Vorpal is the best choise only if you get the perfect one and you get at least 20% crit chance (10% increased dmg).
    With a greater you'll need at least 25% Crit chance to compete with a GPF (9,5% increased dmg).
    A normal vorpal won't match any of the other 3 options (terror, plaguefire, bronzewood).

The additional dmg from plaguefire and terror is affected by def/dmg mitigation, actually just the tene enchantments can bypass any form of dmg reduction (that's why they are reported as "bugged").

On the other side the GPF (if it will ever been fixed) isn't a "solid" 9% buff since every stack of the def debuff has his own timer and you need more than 1 APS (attack per second) to keep up the 3 stacks which, in real world, will hardly happen (it's basically impossible to sustain the 3 stacks even on a dummy with the normal cleave).

All in all, there's no clear winner, maybe the plaguefire has some more "utility" for the party BUT for a build that doesn't have conq build I'd always suggest the Bronzewood (but noone should regret the choise of any other enchant listed).

I mostly agree with your assessment. I made that post before I could calculate the details myself. I actually calculated GPF (even with its current broken state) at 3% higher than Perfect Vorpal due to the stacking DoT, BUT I assumed you could get and maintain the full stacks across all targets due to the dominance of Cleave damage in PvE. In fact, with its stacking DoT, Flaming enhancement comes out well ahead of all enhancements with the Greater beating GPF and the Perfect ahead by another 3%!

With only one DoT, i.e. no stacking on GPF and Flaming, Perfect Lightning pulls out ahead with Perfect Vorpal at 20% Critical Chance a very close second for overall damage (i.e. including aoe on trash). GPF becomes equivalent to Perfect Flaming, Perfect Terror, Perfect Bronzewood and Perfect Bilethorn. Without chaining, however, Perfect Lighting falls off the map and is worse than all the other enhancements listed before. This is a concern since most GFs are Conq. specced and will likely spend most of their time on bosses during boss encounters, especially in CN/MC dungeons, or may not want unexpected aggro. In that scenario, Vorpal is better by some 2-3%.

For non-Conqueror builds, Bronzewood is useful because it raises only your own damage and it is front-loaded by Encounters so it raises your aggro on anything you hit. The only issue is that it has no impact on Dailies whereas Lightning and GPF is useful with Villain's Menace, which you should be spamming all the time on any spec in PvE, and Supremacy of Steel (ranged aggro). Note. Lightning requires dealing with unexpected pulls.

So, all in all, even in its current broken state, GPF is not a bad enchant, it also helps the team and GF is the class most likely to be using it. Vorpal is a very good general GF enchant for geared Conq. specs. If you intend never to gear yourself up to 20% Critical Chance but remain Conq., then Perfect Lightning is the best enchant in PvE from a purely damage perspective.

Finally, it is worth noting that Vorpal and, less so, Bronzewood are the clear winners in PvP due to burst damage, or Holy Avenger if you are prot-specced (Feytouched is too limited due to dependency on Encounters when you are being focussed from all sides and ranged as a GF).

===

You are right about the unmitigated DoT damage which I thought applied to all Necrotic damage when the answer was staring me right in the face in the logs, lol. It seems to apply only to Tenes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i'm just wondering..shouldn't it be better to use lifesteaL on the rings rather than regen for PVE?
  • Options
    hammerwindhammerwind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dkcandy, i'm trying to gear up and spec as a pure PVE Tank. I just hit lvl 60 on my dwarf GF, thus far I've chosen the Powers and Feats that you recommended as well under your "PvE (Protection/Tactician) Tank (Includes CAT or STONE)" section minus the pet so far. However, i'm not sure as to what gear sets and gear stats I should be looking for as a pure tank, any recommendations? Thus far i've been stacking Def/Defl/ and some Arm Pen. Unless some of those stats should only be stacked within slots and pets instead...

My Current Stats:
    HP: 26k
    GS: 9425
    Pwr: 3806
    Crit: 336
    ArP: 746
    Rec: 320
    Def: 3236
    Defl: 730
    Reg: 266
    LfStl: 505
    Mov: 0
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    hammerwind wrote: »
    dkcandy, i'm trying to gear up and spec as a pure PVE Tank. I just hit lvl 60 on my dwarf GF, thus far I've chosen the Powers and Feats that you recommended as well under your "PvE (Protection/Tactician) Tank (Includes CAT or STONE)" section minus the pet so far. However, i'm not sure as to what gear sets and gear stats I should be looking for as a pure tank, any recommendations? Thus far i've been stacking Def/Defl/ and some Arm Pen. Unless some of those stats should only be stacked within slots and pets instead...

My Current Stats:
    HP: 26k
    GS: 9425
    Pwr: 3806
    Crit: 336
    ArP: 746
    Rec: 320
    Def: 3236
    Defl: 730
    Reg: 266
    LfStl: 505
    Mov: 0

If you are going for "Pure" Tank build. Deflect/Regen build all the way with FayTouched or GPF/Terror enchant. Armor Set: Knight Cap or Valiant Warrior.

Attribute Points: CON/DEX

You want really high deflect as you'll be tanking mobs vs. dishing out damage.

Don't ever stack Defense or Deflect enchants! Stack Health & Power (or CRT/ARP till you reach caps).

GL.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    najliah wrote: »
    i'm just wondering..shouldn't it be better to use lifesteaL on the rings rather than regen for PVE?

Life Steal ONLY works if you are doing really high dmg otherwise regen as it's passive.
  • Options
    iessj82iessj82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi All

Quick Qn:
    I am current at 1820 crit strike, but tooltip says it contributes to only 12.8% crit chance.
    Any advice on how to pump the % up? Should I be sinking in more AD for better rune/enchants?
    If it helps, I have the full KC set and the blue stone.

Thanks y'all
  • Options
    hijo26hijo26 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dkcandy what about 5th boon?? guard meter looks good both for protect but maybe works good and for dps build cause when your guard meter drops will regen faster to hit 100% of power double buff..also 400 damage when deflect looks great with my curent deflection stats at 2300.. what is your opinion about this??
  • Options
    diamonthtcdiamonthtc Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice build. I have a question, what should i do to be a protective-support tank, i dont want to do damage, i want to support my team.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iessj82 wrote: »
    Hi All

Quick Qn:
    I am current at 1820 crit strike, but tooltip says it contributes to only 12.8% crit chance.
    Any advice on how to pump the % up? Should I be sinking in more AD for better rune/enchants?
    If it helps, I have the full KC set and the blue stone.

Thanks y'all

Your CRT Strike is way to high! 1650-1750 tops as that's about 12%
    Then get your ArP to 24% with your Dex bonus
    You can do all of this with just a Augment Pet & Rank 8-9 Enchants and then all power enchants on Self for the x2 Bonus from Conquer feat.

I can also PvP just fine with my Human PvE KC build with only 14% ArP and stacking power rank 8's in every slot. It's a little over 14% Damage Increase with 6 - Rank 8 Radiants on tooltip for Bull Charge & Lunge. CRTs around 19-23k with Knights Challenge.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hijo26 wrote: »
    Dkcandy what about 5th boon?? guard meter looks good both for protect but maybe works good and for dps build cause when your guard meter drops will regen faster to hit 100% of power double buff..also 400 damage when deflect looks great with my curent deflection stats at 2300.. what is your opinion about this??

Yep Guard Meter! Only way to go as block is OP. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    diamonthtc wrote: »
    Nice build. I have a question, what should i do to be a protective-support tank, i dont want to do damage, i want to support my team.

Depending on your team's gear level and progression within the game the 2 sets you want to look at are VW & KC set.

KC is your end game team set as it gives a huge power boost and some nice defense boost.
    VW Set for fresh 60's as it's a 10% Damage Increase Debuff placed on creatures like CW/DC sets.

With 3 teammates using the right armor sets you get a 30% Team Damage increase just from the armor bonus debuffs.

I still say go Conqueror but if you want to run Protection go for it and debuff targets damage and stack that with Faytouched for even larger target damage debuffs. You can get up to 32% Damage Reduction debuffs on targets.

Perfect Faytouched - 12%
    Protection Last Feat - 10%
    Tactician 2nd Feat - 10%
  • Options
    iessj82iessj82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Your CRT Strike is way to high! 1650-1750 tops as that's about 12%
    Then get your ArP to 24% with your Dex bonus

Lol i was following your built from the first post.
    dkcandy wrote: »
    DKCandy’s Guardian Fighters Build Theory:

Character Stats with Pet Buff:[/COLOR][/B]
    Hit Points: 29,883
    Power: 7717
    Critical Strike: 1556 (19.5%)
    Armor Pen: 1903 (19.4% + 5 from Dex for 24.4%)
    Recovery: 1529 (13.3%)
    Defense: 3912 (45.7%)
    Deflect: 626 (7.5%)
    Regeneration: 699 (5.8%)
    Life Steal: 1007 (7.9%)

My ArpP is already at 21.8% with campfire, (assuming another +4% from dex that the tooltip doesnt state). And I am only using rank 5/6 enchants mostly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on my next enchantment upgrades!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iessj82 wrote: »
    Lol i was following your built from the first post.

There is a difference between Critical Strike (a rating from gear) and Critical Chance (the underlying stat).

Everyone has a base Critical Chance of 5% already. With this guide for dps GF, you would take Weapon Mastery for additional 3% Critical Chance. Therefore, you only need 12% Critical Chance from Critical Strike which is approx. 1650 Critical Strike.

I suspect the problem is that dkcandy's first post is somewhat confusing if you do not understand the whole system since he put the full Critical Chance in parentheses next to 1556 instead of the actual Critical Chance that amount from gear grants. In the case of 1556 Critical Strike, that is 11.5%.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There is a difference between Critical Strike (a rating from gear) and Critical Chance (the underlying stat).

Everyone has a base Critical Chance of 5% already. With this guide for dps GF, you would take Weapon Mastery for additional 3% Critical Chance. Therefore, you only need 12% Critical Chance from Critical Strike which is approx. 1650 Critical Strike.

I suspect the problem is that dkcandy's first post is somewhat confusing if you do not understand the whole system since he put the full Critical Chance in parentheses next to 1556 instead of the actual Critical Chance that amount from gear grants. In the case of 1556 Critical Strike, that is 11.5%.

Don't look at your %% - It's the #### Crt Strike from gear/enchants that you don't want to stack over 1750 because the DR is so bad that it's horribly wasted.
  • Options
    sirindrasirindra Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could you recap a few things for me?
    How much % dmg increase is terror and plague? Is bronzewood a party wide buff? Does these debuffs all stack on top of each other?

I know you've done extensive testing on these enchants, and just wondering if you can fill in the blanks, since I can't find anyone online to tell me what's up ^^

Thanks man!
  • Options
    hijo26hijo26 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    why perfect vorpal at 20% crit chance is better than perf terror.. 20% def decrease is mean that i can take 20% more damage right?? so why the overal dps will be better with vorpal??
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sirindra wrote: »
    Could you recap a few things for me?
    How much % dmg increase is terror and plague? Is bronzewood a party wide buff? Does these debuffs all stack on top of each other?

I know you've done extensive testing on these enchants, and just wondering if you can fill in the blanks, since I can't find anyone online to tell me what's up ^^

Thanks man!

Perfect Terror - 4% Damage Increase (Debuff on target)
    GPF (Broken - Only stacking once) - 9% Damage Increase (Bugged 3% Damage Increase) (Debuff on Target)

Bronzewood - Not sure as I haven't tested the enchant in awhile but you can go search forums for answer.

Perfect Vorpal - 50% CRT Severity - 20% CRT Chance = 10% Damage Increase on average (50 / .2 = 10)
  • Options
    wubickwubick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey dkcandy, thanks for all the guides, they have been helpful.

I'm running the KC lifesteal build, not maxed out by any means, but it's still working very well I feel. You have listed Anvil of Doom as one of your encounters. Could you explain why that is? I find Enforced Threat is better in so many ways..
    1) anvil damage is quite average and it feels a waste in a lot of cases to wait for the 25% hp bonus damage
    2) enforced threat deals more damage when there are 3 or more mobs, which is almost always it seems.
    3) enforced threat also has taunt and guard recharge mechanics, so some added bonuses there.

Also would be interesting to know how much your regular cleave hits for, would give me some reference point as to where I'm standing now.