Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Scrotobagins Regen Tank & DPS Builds

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    gaciuszek wrote: »
    Hey DK What boons do u recommend from mode2 ?

I personally taken so far:

CRT + Movement
    Regeneration

I haven't gotten to the 3rd, 4th or 5th yet.

What I recommend is taking what benefits your build the most.
  • Options
    dpskanedpskane Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    about the tactician build you recently posted:
    can you post the spec here?
    or comment on mine:
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p99:4y29r:aygs,13j3n0c:60000:6uu00:buz01&h=0

the main idea is a tanky build that helps the party. own damage is not important, except for building threat. this is almost the highest tankiness i could get, ubiquitous shield did cross my mind, which would be good if CAD would happen most of the time, but don't think that's the case, so rather pump crit for that small amount of extra threat.
    ITF and full DK set should help the party slicing through encounters like butter and tankiness to stay alive against bosses.

as for powers: mostly battle trample and enhanced mark (maybe exchanged with comb sup in easy easy runs), ET, FS, ITF, terrifying impact (i know it's not a beloved power, but it might make up for the lost power from conqueror; mainly for generating threat and raw damage (VM on the other hand requires a powerful char - which i am not anymore)), fighter's rec. but that's just a plan. probably won't test it on the server, due to missing time....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dpskane wrote: »
    about the tactician build you recently posted:
    can you post the spec here?
    or comment on mine:
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p99:4y29r:aygs,13j3n0c:60000:6uu00:buz01&h=0

the main idea is a tanky build that helps the party. own damage is not important, except for building threat. this is almost the highest tankiness i could get, ubiquitous shield did cross my mind, which would be good if CAD would happen most of the time, but don't think that's the case, so rather pump crit for that small amount of extra threat.
    ITF and full DK set should help the party slicing through encounters like butter and tankiness to stay alive against bosses.

as for powers: mostly battle trample and enhanced mark (maybe exchanged with comb sup in easy easy runs), ET, FS, ITF, terrifying impact (i know it's not a beloved power, but it might make up for the lost power from conqueror; mainly for generating threat and raw damage (VM on the other hand requires a powerful char - which i am not anymore)), fighter's rec. but that's just a plan. probably won't test it on the server, due to missing time....

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p9q:4enss:b7y4,13l3530:6z000:60000:buuu1&h=0

Is the current build I am using for PvP/PvE.

If you want to run just PvE then run this:

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13l3n00:60000:6uu00:buuu1&h=0
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hm.... ok, that doesn't fit my assumption that ITF becomes extremely valuable ;)
    would be only PvE, but .... hm.... i see. missing lunging strike would also be a pity indeed.... :/
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dpskane wrote: »
    hm.... ok, that doesn't fit my assumption that ITF becomes extremely valuable ;)
    would be only PvE, but .... hm.... i see. missing lunging strike would also be a pity indeed.... :/

Lunging strike is a big dmg dealer + gives threat + interrupt + mobility
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yep.... i just really like the passive effect that the tactician path gives to ITF.... .... mh... i guess you are right.
    though, makes me tend more to conqueror again ;)
    but thanks!
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What Feats do u use for Tank / Pve build ? u use Conq ? what about Tactician or protector ?

I wanted this Team Buff Build should i go Conq ?

also tell me if u can post / show me TANKY build for this "buff team build" or i just go pure dps and buff ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    What Feats do u use for Tank / Pve build ? u use Conq ? what about Tactician or protector ?

also tell me if u can post / show me TANKY build for this "buff team build" or i just go pure dps and buff ?

Virtually all your questions got answered in this thread, he would only be able to write it again and you have to be able to read it -- then.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p9q:4enss:b7y...0000:buuu1&h=0

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9...uu00:buuu1&h=0
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

links not rly working :(

edit : they do now but i can see only power's distribution no feats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baccano86baccano86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep same hear i can see only a feats no powers XD
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Correct the powers I use are on the 1st page.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Correct the powers I use are on the 1st page.

What About Feats ? i cant see em at that links i need PVE / tank Build thanks ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    What About Feats ? i cant see em at that links i need PVE / tank Build thanks ;)

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13l3n00:60000:6uu00:buuu1&h=0

Passive: Trample & Combat Sup
    Daily: SoS & Fighters Recovery
    Encounters: Anvil or Enforced Threat, Lunge, FrontLine or Knights Valor
  • Options
    gorzewskigorzewski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for all the detailed intel guys, as a new GF player I really enjoyed reading something clear and up to date (this is so hard to find any relevant info for a new player :)

Dkcandy, would you mind sharing your PVP Feats as you did for the PvE build ? They doesn't seems to work on this link : http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p9q:4enss:8pkw,1000000:60000:60000:60000&h=0

Also if anyone as insights, is the High Health, Regeneration, Deflect - PvP Build on page 1 is still up to date ? I mean on the stuff part, so i have an idea on how to spec and what to focus to begin my pvp quest :) Is the pvp gear (Indomitable Warrior) any good ?

Thanks again !
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    gorzewski wrote: »
    Thanks for all the detailed intel guys, as a new GF player I really enjoyed reading something clear and up to date (this is so hard to find any relevant info for a new player :)

Dkcandy, would you mind sharing your PVP Feats as you did for the PvE build ? They doesn't seems to work on this link : http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p9q:4enss:8pkw,1000000:60000:60000:60000&h=0

Also if anyone as insights, is the High Health, Regeneration, Deflect - PvP Build on page 1 is still up to date ? I mean on the stuff part, so i have an idea on how to spec and what to focus to begin my pvp quest :) Is the pvp gear (Indomitable Warrior) any good ?

Thanks again !

I'm still running the blue "of the youth" gear as it's the BiS for Deflect/Regen with the highest Regen/Deflect of any gear in game. Chest Piece is T2 Fabled Chest. My GF is over 13% Regen and I'm not even capped with Artifacts yet and expect to get around 14% Regen by the time I'm complete /w 41kHP.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Also looks like the nwcal site is not saving my feats build and giving someone else. Here is the feats I use:

Strength Focus: 3/3
    Toughness: 3/3
    Armor Spec: 3/3
    Shield Resurge: 3/3
    Powerful Attack: 5/5
    Pin Down: 3/3

Fight On: 5/5
    Crushing Pin: 5/5
    Battle Trample: 5/5
    Powerful Strike: 5/5
    Martial Mastery: 5/5
    Take Measure: 5/5
    Reinforced Surge: 5/5

Daily: Indomitable Strength & SoS
    Encounters: Bull Charge, Lunge & Frontline
    Passives: Combat Sup & Trample
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So you pulled off a Tact build with 41k hp and greater Tene's... Yay you must destroy people lol! Nicely done :D
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    freshour wrote: »
    So you pulled off a Tact build with 41k hp and greater Tene's... Yay you must destroy people lol! Nicely done :D

We are talking about 6 radiant rank 10 and 3 greater tene here. Not a cheap build... Also in order to max the build's effectiveness you gonna need 1 legendary artifact(Water) and 1 purple artifact (Blood Rave). Again, not cheap :D
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'm still running the blue "of the youth" gear as it's the BiS for Deflect/Regen with the highest Regen/Deflect of any gear in game. Chest Piece is T2 Fabled Chest. My GF is over 13% Regen and I'm not even capped with Artifacts yet and expect to get around 14% Regen by the time I'm complete /w 41kHP.

I have a blue chest piece that offers 14 AC and 368 regen, you interested buying it off? It suits your build perfectly.
  • Options
    mooselee68mooselee68 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ^name of armor please.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We are talking about 6 radiant rank 10 and 3 greater tene here. Not a cheap build... Also in order to max the build's effectiveness you gonna need 1 legendary artifact(Water) and 1 purple artifact (Blood Rave). Again, not cheap :D

Correct this is top end game gear/enchants. But the build works fine with less enchants/regen.
  • Options
    mathiouz59mathiouz59 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Correct this is top end game gear/enchants. But the build works fine with less enchants/regen.

Hi dk,

What set do you use actually ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mathiouz59 wrote: »
    Hi dk,

What set do you use actually ?

I use blue gear level 60 of the youth. It's on the 1st page.
  • Options
    bishop666bishop666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014

the links don't have the skills only the feats also how is this for say t2 epics for holding aggro my guild mates keep telling me that i should not do this build as i won't be able to keep aggro, but i like the look of this build so far (only level 30 atm) i think im only going for pve too . also thanks for posting this build dkcandy
  • Options
    spelljammer420spelljammer420 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @DK what your opinion of the % gain to AP feats with the tactician build? Would the choices of STRENGTH SPECIALIZATION and the EXTRA AC outway Choosing 10% more AP from guarding and 10% more ap when under half health? Also how do you feel about Grit and other TEMP HIT POINTS gaining feats in comparison with the above mentioned?
  • Options
    gaciuszekgaciuszek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    DK, Last boons from dread ring, Thay bastion or madness?
  • Options
    panierepaniere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    madness is currently bugged and it's OP, so pick it if you won't mind to buy a respec token sooner or later. Currently the buff is always active in aoe fights and can be reapplied in 7 seconds just cleaving a training dummy (I use gpf). Every dmg gives 2 stacks of madness and there's no limitation of a stack each second
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    paniere wrote: »
    madness is currently bugged and it's OP, so pick it if you won't mind to buy a respec token sooner or later. Currently the buff is always active in aoe fights and can be reapplied in 7 seconds just cleaving a training dummy (I use gpf). Every dmg gives 2 stacks of madness and there's no limitation of a stack each second

Ding Ding. Enjoy bugs while they last.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    bishop666 wrote: »
    the links don't have the skills only the feats also how is this for say t2 epics for holding aggro my guild mates keep telling me that i should not do this build as i won't be able to keep aggro, but i like the look of this build so far (only level 30 atm) i think im only going for pve too . also thanks for posting this build dkcandy

GF's don't hold aggro vs. large groups just single targets like Elites. CW's/GWF Destroyers do to much damage for you to hold aggro. Your job is to keep your teammates alive by controlling the big guys that will 1-2 shot them. Other than that you will just burn the trash like everyone else zerging.