Options

nerf rogues 1 sec deaths

124»

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cybliss wrote: »
    Honestly, is there anyone left in the forums that will even take you a little bit seriously anymore?

Just all the players that agree with me and were looking forward to the day these adjustments happened so the game would be better.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread can die now, rogues are nerfed quite well on the test server. Woohoo!
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dear devs, please nerf Rock!

Sincerely,

Scissors.
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    Dear devs, please nerf Rock!

Sincerely,

Scissors.

Done
    . Next question?
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    I posted the things above to bring the awareness of gwfs being overpowered in pvp, CWs 1 shotting people then magically fills up his ap again, GF perma prone/stun killing while being super tanky, dc's unwillingness to die under her astral shield, and people who are just being arrogantly unaware of his surroundings.
    Astral Shield gives me ... an additional 3 seconds of being stun locked, if I can even trigger it. I don't know why you'd even have the audacity to bring this up. Of all the things clerics have to deal with in this game, Astral Shield does not compensate for.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello, this is rock now that we are all Styrofoamy that scissors can cut right through us please nerf scissors..... Paper snickers. (of course I have one of every class and I play them all so I don't want anyone nerfed)

remember the nerf bat is that box from the twilight zone episode where a couple was given a box with a button and told "If they push the button someone They don't know dies and they would get 100$" then when the button was pushed and they got 100$ they ask "what happens to the button now?" and the man turns to them and says "It will be given to someone you don't know."

the moral of this story, be careful what you wish for others. cause you might be next.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can anyone hear it? The pounding of another nail into the coffin that is being made for Neverwinter..
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    FYI, they nerfed the duration of Lurkers Assault as well.... That should make the QQ'ers even more giddy.
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Can anyone hear it? The pounding of another nail into the coffin that is being made for Neverwinter..

Why? because now permastealth rogues have to learn to play?

Isnt that what all permastealth rogues said over and over and over to us on these foruns?
    That we all should learn to play and that we are all bad because the rogues were fine?

is that whats going to kill the game?

The only nerf i think is unnecessary is the Lurkers Assault... the rest was needed...

Adapt and learn to play.
  • Options
    cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Yes because reigning in the absurd damage capability of rogues in hopes of creating a bit more balance in PvP is a terrible thing for the development team to do. And it is hurting the game.

Please continue crying that us rogues won't be able to decimate at least 2 people if in range utilizing lurker's assault anymore or that we are not longer able to use ranged at wills from the safety of stealth for as long.

QQ moar.... your tears taste glorious..

All the other deserved nerfs aside, nerfing LA this hard seems a little bit over the top doesn't it? Not to mention the fact that these changes make TRs absolutely pointless in PvE because a CW will be able to top them in single target damage, while providing way more CC and AoE damage.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All the other deserved nerfs aside, nerfing LA this hard seems a little bit over the top doesn't it? Not to mention the fact that these changes make TRs absolutely pointless in PvE because a CW will be able to top them in single target damage, while providing way more CC and AoE damage.

I honestly did not see this harsh of nerf to LA coming. It did need some tweaking, but I agree it is a bit much. TR's will still be able to provide maintained single target damage with the ability to reset/avoid aggro via stealth with ITC to ignore CC. Yes we took a pretty substantial hit in damage with LA and at wills diminishing stealth. I believe the diminishing stealth with at will usage should have only applied to CoS. The good rogues will still be able to top the charts and be an asset to any group, so I doubt they'll lose their place in many groups. Who's to say some of these changes won't be fiddled with as more feedback comes in and the data gets looked at.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I honestly did not see this harsh of nerf to LA coming. It did need some tweaking, but I agree it is a bit much. TR's will still be able to provide maintained single target damage with the ability to reset/avoid aggro via stealth with ITC to ignore CC. Yes we took a pretty substantial hit in damage with LA and at wills diminishing stealth. I believe the diminishing stealth with at will usage should have only applied to CoS. The good rogues will still be able to top the charts and be an asset to any group, so I doubt they'll lose their place in many groups. Who's to say some of these changes won't be fiddled with as more feedback comes in and the data gets looked at.

The diminishing stealth also hurts TRs in PvE because most PvE TRs make use of Brutal Backstab (25% more critical severity while stealthed). Even in LA you'll lose your stealth before LA ends just by using DF. I think something that could help soften the blow is making LA not reduce stealth when using at-wills so you could actually make use of the extended stealth that you get when using that daily. I honestly think that if these changes go live then rogues will mostly disappear from PvE groups. But, here's to hoping they tweak this stuff,as, like you said, it is indeed possibility.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013

You can't compare a ranged CC class with a melee DPS class...CWs can never top a TR with single target damage because TR hits waaaaay faster than CW.

The thing you should worry about here is how much your At-wills will consume from your stealth duration?

That is what worrying me abit.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    You can't compare a ranged CC class with a melee DPS class...CWs can never top a TR with single target damage because TR hits waaaaay faster than CW.

The thing you should worry about here is how much your At-wills will consume from your stealth duration?

That is what worrying me abit.

on the PTR, while stealthed I can throw almost all my knives(8 now) if i stealth and throw immediately. TRs hit way faster(not sure why this actually matters), which actually depletes their stealth meter almost immediately with 1 DF(while LA is up you can probably get 1 full DF off before your stealth ends).
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Support the cause. This is the section the devs SAID they would listen....

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?416851-Good-suggestions-to-the-TR-nerf-instead-of-raging
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!