nerf rogues 1 sec deaths

Comments

• Options
    donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    kiadannah wrote: »

If you get one shot from rogues, there are 2 cases:

-Their daily, aka Lurker Assault which boosts their dmg by 60%, is on. In addition, if they are in stealth, their alpha strike is always crit.

-Your gears are just inferior to them.

In the first case, daily is supposed to be a super powerful skill. For example, CW can spam Ice Knife which deals 20-40k dmg due to their fast recovery of action point. Moreover, Rogues cannot use daily that frequently. And if you get one shot by rogues without their daily, it is the second case.

In the second case, you will get destroyed by any player with superior gears (than yours), regardless of their class. GWFs can permanently ignore cc and knock down then 2 shot people. GFs can permanently ping pong a target, most of target will die in 2 hits, guaranteed. CWs can stun, frost then Ice Knife and send any target to their camp in literally 3-4 seconds. Clerics can outlast any dpser and drag them down to the hell.

About Immunity, I do not know what are 2 skills you are talking about. There is only one skill, called Impossible to Catch, that gives rogues 100% deflect and cc immunity for a short duration. It does not protect rogue from existing DoT on them though.

As far as I know, there might be a bug with soulforge armor enchantment, that proc more than once within 60 seconds. But it is a global problem not rogues.

In PvP, players, who got caught by rogues' Lashing Blade (rogues' alpha strike), usually and sadly are lack of awareness. They see rogues going stealth, but they stay still until getting hit by rogues. Tips:
    - When rogues go stealth, they make a very distinct sound, like swoosh...Hear that and prepare yourself immediately.
    - When rogues in stealth are close to you, you will be able see them quite clearly, especially when you set option to show players' name, guild, and title. Furthermore, Lashing Blade's animation has a brief delay. Teleport/Dodge/block will ignore the skill and keep you away from the danger.
    - When you see a node start flipping but no one around, start moving away immediately because a stealth rogue is near by.

Pay attention to your surroundings is the key in PvP. It might not help you win all the time, because you are against real people not AI. However, it will help you be a better player.

So you're saying it's OK for a class to one shot somebody, you just have to pay attention and not get hit? Really? Good job brah.
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    Rogue is obviously OP.
    ****, when i play it, i feel like a killing king lol
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Funny to see how rogue players are scared of their class could get nerfed. Two problems - broken stealth and too powerful ranged abilities. In every game I played was a way to counter stealth - elixirs, abilities, stats, etc. Haven't played a game where stealth based classes could strike from stealth without removing it. Fix those and everything is gonna be fine.
    noone is scared that the rogue could get nerfed cause its pretty obvious that it wont happen...since there is no reason to

you sucking isnt a reason to nerf a class
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nerf CWs plox.
    They shouldn't be able to do 50k+ with one Encounter (Ice knife)

They also shouldn't have a spammable AoE CC that controls melee for 5 seconds. (Singularity)
    TR/GF/GWF can do little while they're being dragged into the hole.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    donnyth wrote: »
    So you're saying it's OK for a class to one shot somebody, you just have to pay attention and not get hit? Really? Good job brah.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Every class can 1 or 2 shots people if they have gears and know what they are doing.

The reason that the game has dodge/teleport/block is let you not to get hit by nasty powers that others throw at you. If you decide to take hits like a dummy in Trade of Blades and get killed, that is your problem, not other classes.

Again, pay attention is the key in PvP.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    noone is scared that the rogue could get nerfed cause its pretty obvious that it wont happen...since there is no reason to

you sucking isnt a reason to nerf a class

Why so scared? May be because it's YOU suck, and it's YOU will cry when rogue will be nerfed, because you can play only overpowered faceroll class. Everyone that says TR's are fine is a moron, or a troll, or both, what is more possible. And stop those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> posts from your other account, that only proves my words above.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    and everyone who says that rogues are overpowered, broken or whatever are unskilled scrubs, trolls, morons and both

now what?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Every class can 1 or 2 shots people if they have gears and know what they are doing.

The reason that the game has dodge/teleport/block is let you not to get hit by nasty powers that others throw at you. If you decide to take hits like a dummy in Trade of Blades and get killed, that is your problem, not other classes.

Again, pay attention is the key in PvP.

Every class can 1 or 2 shot? What game are you playing? The only class that can one shot is TR's against CW's. Paying attention doesn't do much if the other class can um stealth?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Nerf CWs plox.
    They shouldn't be able to do 50k+ with one Encounter (Ice knife)

They also shouldn't have a spammable AoE CC that controls melee for 5 seconds. (Singularity)
    TR/GF/GWF can do little while they're being dragged into the hole.

Oh yea, ice knife does a billion k damage. And Singularity doesn't one hit kill, you can easily dodge it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Every class can 1 or 2 shot? What game are you playing? The only class that can one shot is TR's against CW's. Paying attention doesn't do much if the other class can um stealth?

if you cant do anything between getting hit 3 times, it counts as oneshot too since you get hit with one ability and are dead since you cant do anything anymore
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh yea, ice knife does a billion k damage. And Singularity doesn't one hit kill, you can easily dodge it.
    just like everything from a rogue can be dodged...why dont you just dodge that too instead of only dodging CW stuff?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    if you cant do anything between getting hit 3 times, it counts as oneshot too since you get hit with one ability and are dead since you cant do anything anymore

LOL, no.
    just like everything from a rogue can be dodged...why dont you just dodge that too instead of only dodging CW stuff?

Make your comments less redundant. I've covered that TR's can stealth. You can't dodge something if you can't see it coming.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Using this logic I can sometimes one shot 2 people, if close enough proximity, utilizing one duration of lurkers assault.

Killed 4 the other day with one lurker's assault duration.. 28k LB cleric.. drop CW in a couple seconds with CoS.. impossible to catch as 2 low health melee attempted to engage only to get 6-7k sly flourishs in the face. Was hilarious.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    to state some things.
    CW's ice knife is strong. but you have to be made of paper for it to oneshot you. (unless said cw is roling with a perf vorp, lots of stacked power and crit, and is an arcane cw) to reach 70-80k. it still will not oneshot a somewhat decently tanky person.

tr's can crit over 100k, and has been done in the past week (to a char with 46% def and 40% deflect. I have been oneshotted by encounters and dailies by tr's. No other class can do it, not even gf's, who can with knights challenge, reach over 100k.

gwf is the only class that does not have at least one skill that can easily crit over 60k. with vorps and everything else, they will never reach above 30k as it stands now, with any daily or power.

as fact. tr's though, can hit ludicrously high damage, without being taken out of stealth by any of his actions or his opponents only when it wears off, and only if lucky enough to avoid lurkers (or getting him cc'd by luck also)

This was to clarify some things mentioned by others, and to say to others, wtf are you thinking with your posts? only glanced some of them.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Make your comments less redundant. I've covered that TR's can stealth. You can't dodge something if you can't see it coming.

thats the thing, the only 1 shotters from rogue that i know are lashing blade and SE (being this one not so much a one shot since it will only kill you if you are 40% or less), and i am tired of dodging lashing blades from rogues because when they get to a certain range i can see them, from there i just dodge to any direction and see their lashing missing the point. Its only a matter of you being aware of your surroundings.

And to whoever tries to bring CoS and impact shot into this, remember they aren't one shotters, they have charges and the only way you get from 100% to 0% by taking them is if you let the damage pile up. I never got hit so hard by a single knife from CoS or a single shot from impact to be killed by it, its usually the whole thing spammed on me, which can be avoided if you arent a wall.
  • Options
    goreironheartgoreironheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    to state some things.
    CW's ice knife is strong. but you have to be made of paper for it to oneshot you. (unless said cw is roling with a perf vorp, lots of stacked power and crit, and is an arcane cw) to reach 70-80k. it still will not oneshot a somewhat decently tanky person.

tr's can crit over 100k, and has been done in the past week (to a char with 46% def and 40% deflect. I have been oneshotted by encounters and dailies by tr's. No other class can do it, not even gf's, who can with knights challenge, reach over 100k.

gwf is the only class that does not have at least one skill that can easily crit over 60k. with vorps and everything else, they will never reach above 30k as it stands now, with any daily or power.

as fact. tr's though, can hit ludicrously high damage, without being taken out of stealth by any of his actions or his opponents only when it wears off, and only if lucky enough to avoid lurkers (or getting him cc'd by luck also)

This was to clarify some things mentioned by others, and to say to others, wtf are you thinking with your posts? only glanced some of them.

You sir are a breath of fresh air. A well written, thought out, and supported argument. Instead of the typical dribble that falls out of the faces of these "people" I feel like I am the only one that can make an intelligence driven observation/argument. The typical response on here is filled with name calling low self esteem individuals that are keyboard heros, but cowards in all actuality. Now I have another person to look to for some solace in this chasm of stupidity. Thank you. Good work and I look forward to reading more of your posts.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

aka you need to learn to play cause they are easy to see....others have done that, you can too, just improve yourself
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol at those who actually think if cryptic see loads of new posts asking for TR's to be nerfed it will actually happen.
    Even if they do, bads will be bads (sorry for the term, but easiest way to explain) and still die, so those who keep making posts need to realise they will keep dying no matter how much they are nerfed.
    Use the time learning to Pew Pew instead of all this QQ!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    Lol at those who actually think if cryptic see loads of new posts asking for TR's to be nerfed it will actually happen.

Yes, they never took players feedback into account.

Or perhaps could it be, that quoted comments from the past like this by devs via twitter could be suggestive to support the contrary of your belief. Who's to really say?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yeah, cause they dont play their own game and cant see unbalance by themself....

funny then though that stealth wasnt touched in the big balance patch, basicly shows that its working as intended...thanks for providing that
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yeah, cause they dont play their own game and cant see unbalance by themself....

funny then though that stealth wasnt touched in the big balance patch, basicly shows that its working as intended...thanks for providing that

You can read into it however you like. That is your prerogative. Everyone is welcome to formulate and express their own opinions and give feedback to which developers continue to take into account while also data mining and crunching the numbers.

If you find solace in saying nothing will happen or change because it hasn't happened yet. More power to you. Just don't do anything drastic to hurt yourself or anybody else for that matter if changes do happen. Remember it is only a game.
  • Options
    andotacoandotaco Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Nobody needs nerf!, Just fix the skills, cooldown, Feats ...

/facepalm

You do know that if skills, feats, and cool downs are reduced in effectiveness it's a nerf right?

Btw, if you reduce rouge throw dmg (by like 30%) and prevent them from cheesing movement mechanics allowing them to toss daggers while "hopping" it should solve most of their issues.

All in all, pvp sux in this game tho. Bad maps, no DR, 1 hit kills (yes they happen), and non localized servers resulting in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor relative ping.
  • Options
    smezzasmezza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I still don't undertand all these threads about how OP any class is as it's based on feelings not facts. If you want to check the balances then here is how to do:

1) Take 1 lvl 60 of all classes handled by experienced players,
    2) Give them the original grey weapon/armor looted at the beginning of the game,
    3) Have them fight 10 games against eachother,
    4) Establish the same type of ranking you can find at the end of a dungeon and publish the results.

Based on that study we may start a discussion. All other discussion make as much sense as saying women are OP because my 12 year old daughter beat the c**p out of my 4 year old son.
  • Options
    harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    Maybe TR are able to oneshot ppl by having lurker active being stealthed and have the person not dodging it (yeah i have done it).....but i can't count how often my lashing has been dodged...so there are ppl "seeing" TR in stealth so .... well watch out?
    If i was outa stealth with my TR i got like 1-2 shotted by gwf,gf and CW....it s just the situation...pvp is all about watching out. Every class HAS the abbilities to nearly/or just insta kill an other class. It makes no difference if by hits of 100k,60k,40k,30k whatsoever ....ur toons do only have roughly 30k HP max? and well if they have 31k and u "only" crit with 30k...just take 1more swing and the opponent is dead.

That are just my thoughts on it, but hey just nerf TR....because?.....it anoys me?!

(Please excuse my terrible english)
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smezza wrote: »
    I still don't undertand all these threads about how OP any class is as it's based on feelings not facts. If you want to check the balances then here is how to do:

1) Take 1 lvl 60 of all classes handled by experienced players,
    2) Give them the original grey weapon/armor looted at the beginning of the game,
    3) Have them fight 10 games against eachother,
    4) Establish the same type of ranking you can find at the end of a dungeon and publish the results.

Based on that study we may start a discussion. All other discussion make as much sense as saying women are OP because my 12 year old daughter beat the c**p out of my 4 year old son.
    That is the problem though. No one wishes to do that. Everyone wants to stack perfect vorpals, ten enchants, and others to be the one shot wonders they love to be. In truth, it is not any class since other classes can one shot. It is the enchants. Fix the enchants and you will fix a lot of problems.

Still waiting to log in to Domination and watch two bots fight though.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    andotaco wrote: »
    /facepalm

You do know that if skills, feats, and cool downs are reduced in effectiveness it's a nerf right?

Btw, if you reduce rouge throw dmg (by like 30%) and prevent them from cheesing movement mechanics allowing them to toss daggers while "hopping" it should solve most of their issues.

rogues would just adapt and still faceroll all the unskilled scrubs
    it would solve exactly nothing as youd still get oneshotted and dominated hard and the crythreads would continue too

its just sad that people like you cant wrap their mind about that
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rogues would just adapt and still faceroll all the unskilled scrubs
    it would solve exactly nothing as youd still get oneshotted and dominated hard and the crythreads would continue too

its just sad that people like you cant wrap their mind about that

It's going to be hilarious when you lose your crutch. When the "scrubs" are on an equal footing to you, and you can't faceroll, which game will you move to next?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That's why it is the developers job to take into account everyones nonfactual "feelings" very lightly while data mining and looking at the actual numbers. They're never going to be able to create a completely balanced game, but tweaking aspects that are a bit too powerful seems sensible.

There are plenty of sensible players that have played enough, with experience playing multiple characters that have pretty accurate "feelings" in regards of whether or not your daughter is OP regardless of whether your son is a nub. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It's going to be hilarious when you lose your crutch. When the "scrubs" are on an equal footing to you, and you can't faceroll, which game will you move to next?

the scrubs will never be on equal footing as long they remain scrubs...and once they are on equal footing they also dont have a problem with stealth anymore

i know, it sounds strange that once you get better that you will have less trouble with other stuff, but thats how it is...try it
  • Options
    bigbascdtbigbascdt Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »

That's the thing, until the scrubs actually learn how to deal with my setup (which is not permastealth by the way, I end with ~25 kills per game and 20 assists per game), they will continue to get rolled over. I could probably smash at least 75% of the scrub pvpers that are whining out there in blue gear, not because the class is OP, because I understand how my class works, and what to do/what to use at what time.