test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue can 1 shot in PvP, perma stealth, deflect, and stun lock kill.

13»

Comments

• yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How, exactly, would permastealth be 'fixed'?

Every class has the ability to speed up their recharge, taking this away from the TR will break the class.
    Every class has gear that extends their abilities, taking this away from the TR will break the class.
    No class has a timed cooldown on their 'special' abilities. taking this away from the TR will break the class.

The ability to go permastealth is just one of the legit options Cryptic programmed for. Hells, the easiest gearset to get, the pvp set, extends stealth by 20%. That would kind of be a clue to what the devs had in mind, no? If that's not enough of a clue, the GG set gives a 25% bonus.

Cryptic also decided to give the TR some ranged skills. People can argue all they want how it's supposed to be only a melee class, but fact is, it has multiple ranged attacks. Deal with it.

I play all five classes, not that would stop me from being accused of being a fanboi of course when I state that permastealth is fine as it is. It is not the problem.

The problem, imo, is the insane stacking of enchantments. (And that goes for all the classes) The mechanics of CoS allow for this though, and I wouldn't mind too much if that got tweaked a bit. There's no other class that can hit that fast for that long. And even though the damage is negligible on the first couple of knives, that doesn't matter to the proc-rate of the enchants.

The one thing I do think is OP, is how Lurkers Assault can keep a TR in stealth even when doing skills that would normally break stealth. It should still drain the stealthbar completely and drop stealth until the bar is full again.
  • masterjet1masterjet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and i as GF have killed many TR and never being one shot after the previous big patch also perma stun?? has never happened to me XD, perma stealth yes but you can deal with it, the one problem that currently is the 100% dodge thatt make them invulnerable 100% all the time even 5 cannot kill them but i think onlyh bots can do that

i use TR as main character and honestly find that invulnerable statement to be a bit exaggerated, "impossible to touch" guarantees one opponents attacks are dodge but not completely , if i go against a TR or GWF with that skill its worthless, it ends quickly and the minimum damage taken from classes with high power is enough to kill while the skill is activated
    #*# Why do i have two blades? #*#
    ^^ Its just awesome^^
    :cool::cool:
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    masterjet1 wrote: »
    i use TR as main character and honestly find that invulnerable statement to be a bit exaggerated, "impossible to touch" guarantees one opponents attacks are dodge but not completely , if i go against a TR or GWF with that skill its worthless, it ends quickly and the minimum damage taken from classes with high power is enough to kill while the skill is activated

Arise arise old dead thread! lol...really so much has changed with the class since this thread closed that what is said in it is a bit moot. These threads do serve the purpose though of providing a kind of chronology of class changes.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    masterjet1 wrote: »
    Dude.

You posting in this, almost, year and a half old thread is as follows...

This thread is all like:
    <meme removed>

And us readers are all like:
    <meme removed>
    va8Ru.gif
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, old thread, but perfectly descrbies current nw pvp.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Kelemvor is displeased.
This discussion has been closed.