test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue can 1 shot in PvP, perma stealth, deflect, and stun lock kill.

goreironheartgoreironheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
In PVP a Trickster Rogue can 1 shot kill, from stealth mind you, for 20k+ damage. Please explain to me how that is balanced. 20k is an entire health bar at level 60, that is not balance.

In PvP a Trickster Rogue can "Perma Stealth" now they are not always invisible but you see them vanish 50ft away and then the next thing you know here come the big hit as previously mention. And if that does not kill you, the vanish again to start the dagger volley which will most certainly finish the job.

Deflect. Really enough said. TR's can deflect with such a high rate that "damage classes" can only deal 10-15% of a life bar when the TR can take out half or more of their target out. Ridiculous.

Stun lock kill combo. A countless number of time I have witnessed rogues walk up and make their target unable to attack back the entire time they kill them. The only exception is GWF with determination but by the time that gets built up the TR has removed half the GWF health bar. Fight over at that point.

Trickster Rogues abilities are a great and necessary for PVE but in PVP they are too much. In all games with PVP balance is key there is no balance with a TR v Any Class. 1v1 with same gear score should be a fair fight, and it is not. Of course I am not talk about the mass brawling moss pits that occur in PvP that is chaos and just the way it is I enjoy that part, but when I am standing on a capture point and see a TR approach I fight tooth and nail every time with the same result, I fail.

There is no balance to TR in PvP.

:o Now go ahead you TR fan boys and through your temper tantrums about how I am wrong, can not play the game, or "just do not know what I am talking about."
Post edited by goreironheart on

Comments

• omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    90% of tr's cannot 1 shot you from stealth lol, the guys who 1 shot you are geared to do so. same way a gwf can become an immortal.
  • arvelen1arvelen1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah Yeah Yeah
  • cyblisscybliss Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2013
    Are you the guy that was complaining about me earlier?
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am pretty sure these was the guy who I 1 shotted 3 times in the game. Btw most of the TR that 1 shots u, used a lurker's assault(DAILY) then lashing blade. A tr cant 1 shot u if u were aware enough to see them near u. In my CW I always able to dodge their lashing blade, u want to know how? BE ALERT at all times.
    SIGNATURE
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    and i as GF have killed many TR and never being one shot after the previous big patch also perma stun?? has never happened to me XD, perma stealth yes but you can deal with it, the one problem that currently is the 100% dodge thatt make them invulnerable 100% all the time even 5 cannot kill them but i think onlyh bots can do that
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This game be a lot better if they just got rid of the TR class. To bad that won't happen. Don't know why developers feel the need to have A- a stealth class that everyone always hates. B- have them do way to much damage from stealth that everyone hates. C- even bothers making this lame class.

Damage should be reduced while in stealth by 50% not increase damage while in stealth. You are stealth so your damage should all be penalized not the other way around.

The perma stealth bug and yes its a bug of mechanics that everyone hates that ruins the game needs to be fixed and when you do damage it should break stealth and then stealth should be on a CD.

I can live with them being the top Dps for melee and tops in ranged Dps there daggers do far more then any other ranged. Not to mention impact shot which is OP.

Rogues are always the exploiters and bugged class. If a game wants less exploits they just should leave a stealth class out cause they just bring any MMO down in the gutters
  • bigbascdtbigbascdt Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    This game be a lot better if they just got rid of the TR class. To bad that won't happen. Don't know why developers feel the need to have A- a stealth class that everyone always hates. B- have them do way to much damage from stealth that everyone hates. C- even bothers making this lame class.

Damage should be reduced while in stealth by 50% not increase damage while in stealth. You are stealth so your damage should all be penalized not the other way around.

The perma stealth bug and yes its a bug of mechanics that everyone hates that ruins the game needs to be fixed and when you do damage it should break stealth and then stealth should be on a CD.

I can live with them being the top Dps for melee and tops in ranged Dps there daggers do far more then any other ranged. Not to mention impact shot which is OP.

Rogues are always the exploiters and bugged class. If a game wants less exploits they just should leave a stealth class out cause they just bring any MMO down in the gutters

Actually permastealth is NOT a bug at all. It's a simple combo of encounters.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bigbascdt wrote: »

And gear if I'm not mistaken. It's irritating, but you just have to learn how to play against them. Basically, that means run. Then come back.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Exploiters come in all shapes and sizes. We enjoyed Caturday because of GF exploiters. GWF's can run two dailies at the same time. I chose TR because I like the play style. It had nothing to do with being able to exploit.
    I've played the other classes and the movement and mechanics of the TR class just suit how I play. I can certainly understand the frustration of getting wrecked by a certain class and wanting to vent about it.
    This is directed at the OP. I've been hit by Abombination before and it almost took my entire health bar. My biggest gripe with complaints about certain classes is that nobody takes into account what gear each opponent is using in the matchup. Are we talking about a 12k GS TR vs a 8k GS CW? If you plan to continue pvp'ing you're going to have to get used to the fact that your dominance is extremely gear dependent.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    20k is an entire health bar at level 60

I'm going to admit, I didn't bother reading past here. Even my wizard has 27k HP and I'm not done gearing him yet.
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Stun lock kill combo. A countless number of time I have witnessed rogues walk up and make their target unable to attack back the entire time they kill them. The only exception is GWF with determination but by the time that gets built up the TR has removed half the GWF health bar. Fight over at that point.

really?? I never saw a tr stunlock anybody, thats new and amusing....i think what you saw was a very skinny GF without his shield.

Not sure if dumb as a rock, or just obvious troll.

Btw, excessive usage of the words "everyone hates" pointed to TRs isnt making your point accurate. Please show me the source where you are pulling those numbers...oh wait, there are no numbers, you just assume everyone agrees with you...lol
  • stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Obligatory "...rogues should have damage nerfed in PvP since CW's got control nerfed in PvP" comment.

Just don't take PvP too seriously. It's obviously not intended for competitive play since there are no ladders. It's just for giggles.

All in all my only suggestion is to not expect to win unless you are in a Pre-made party, well-geared and are melee. Otherwise take your loss and collect your daily ad.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish my level 60 TR with a GS of 8.1k can 1 shot and perma stealth :( lol I don't think you know how the TR class functions. People with an extended stealth build are not going to be able to one shot. People with the one shot build are not going to be able to use extended stealth (excluding the pvp gears). I want to know about this perma stun build lol Doesn't sound possible considering the TR has about 2 stun skills.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nothing to see here folks, just another cry from someone who needs to brush up on his knowledge of the game, and of course Abom on his Holy-Crusade-Against-All-Things Rogue is jumping on the bandwagon.

To the OP, this should help some.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    In PVP a Trickster Rogue can 1 shot kill, from stealth mind you, for 20k+ damage. Please explain to me how that is balanced. 20k is an entire health bar at level 60, that is not balance.

What about GFs knocks? they can pretty much combo you if you fail to dodge their attacks. PS. Their daily is un-dodgable.

What about GF's Takedown and Flourish? if you dodge one, a high chance the next one will get you.

What about CW's chill strike then conduit of ice followed by Shield detonation when they approach you ?

Yes i know, the stealthed part is the only parameter here that gives the TR the advantage. But think about it, what can you do when a GF knock you with a daily then combo you while you are laying on the floor? Dodge? good luck dodging their daily.
    In PvP a Trickster Rogue can "Perma Stealth" now they are not always invisible but you see them vanish 50ft away and then the next thing you know here come the big hit as previously mention. And if that does not kill you, the vanish again to start the dagger volley which will most certainly finish the job.

Have you tried fighting a regeneration Sentinel GWF? you pretty much can't kill them 1 vs 1 unless you are extremely lucky. Or fighting a DPS regeneration build GF? pretty much you never did.

Perma stealth rogues actually don't use any damaging encounters besides impact shot ( and shadow strike, but it really deals low damage). Their daggers is the main damage output they depend on. They have 12 daggers which you can dodge about half of them ( if not more) using your shift key.

Deflect. Really enough said. TR's can deflect with such a high rate that "damage classes" can only deal 10-15% of a life bar when the TR can take out half or more of their target out. Ridiculous.

I thought it is GWF with the most deflection chance.

TRs are very very very squishy... we don't have huge deflection chance but we do have immunity to damage and CC when we use stealth + impossible to catch.

TR with stun lock? Then what shall i call GF's knocks or GWF's take down + flourish + crescendo or CW's ridiculous amount of CC?
    Trickster Rogues abilities are a great and necessary for PVE but in PVP they are too much. In all games with PVP balance is key there is no balance with a TR v Any Class. 1v1 with same gear score should be a fair fight, and it is not. Of course I am not talk about the mass brawling moss pits that occur in PvP that is chaos and just the way it is I enjoy that part, but when I am standing on a capture point and see a TR approach I fight tooth and nail every time with the same result, I fail.

So because you "fail" vs a TR , you are asking the developers to nerf the class. Instead of coming up with a better build and gears and improve your play style. Yes pretty solid point there.

I did fail against so many GWFs and i'm a TR, should i ask cryptic to nerf them then?
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    I did fail against so many GWFs and i'm a TR, should i ask cryptic to nerf them then?

It goes either way:

a) come to the forum and learn new stuff to get better at it.
    b) come to the forum and whine about it and hope a nerf will make you better at it.

In the end though, only the first one really works.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    It goes either way:

a) come to the forum and learn new stuff to get better at it.
    b) come to the forum and whine about it and hope a nerf will make you better at it.

In the end though, only the first one really works.

If the first option was the only one that really worked then we wouldn't have had any classes buffed/nerfed.
    edited July 2013
    bigbascdt wrote: »

A simple combo of encounter that cause a bugged effect of perma stealth that needs to be fixed cause it gets in the way of PvP and it is a exploit.
    edited July 2013
    borgued3 wrote: »
    really?? I never saw a tr stunlock anybody, thats new and amusing....i think what you saw was a very skinny GF without his shield.

Not sure if dumb as a rock, or just obvious troll.

Btw, excessive usage of the words "everyone hates" pointed to TRs isnt making your point accurate. Please show me the source where you are pulling those numbers...oh wait, there are no numbers, you just assume everyone agrees with you...lol

Of course everyone agrees with the Abomb. Rogues are not welcome in any MMO and is the main exploit class.

I lead the fight against perma stealth since beta.. join the fight hard counter them by /leave they get no glory and are owned
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There would be no problem in PvP with a burst damage dealer. If there would be a healer class that could counter the damage output with burst heals or protection spells. Unfortunately, there is none.

If you want rogues to be nerfed in PvP, protest against the gimpness of the cleric in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Of course everyone agrees with the Abomb. Rogues are not welcome in any MMO and is the main exploit class.

I lead the fight against perma stealth since beta.. join the fight hard counter them by /leave they get no glory and are owned

I dont agree with him, that already makes the "everybody" sentence null, since everybody = 100% with not 1 person disagreeing, not the case here. Also, count how many rogues are on the game, yep, i would say they dont hate the class, so you, just like him, assume that if you agree with him, then everybody does, nah, not likelly.

and also, why would i leave pvp match against permas when its so much more fun to beat them and show that the build has its flaws? But of course, the hate wagon consists purelly of that, ragequitting and nerf crying, l2p is beyond the capabilities of some people.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    another whine thread of an unskilled scrub...its sad that those subjects dont just read the informative threads who bust all those myths about TRs but instead create their own
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is the complaint from all games that have a character that can stealth. The only game I know that doesn't have one is Tera... and boy was that a welcomed relief.

But, there is really not that much of a problem if you die, you know. You just rez up and come back. No harm nor foul, no points against you, and after the match is over, there is no record of your performance. So why do you care? I am just a mediocre player, but I have so much fun PvPing. I get one-shot by TRs all the time and yah, it's a little pissy, but hey, just get up and run back with them on your radar. And the best way to learn is to have it happen to you and you figure out the way to combat it/avoid it. It's part of the learning curve.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    This is the complaint from all games that have a character that can stealth. The only game I know that doesn't have one is Tera... and boy was that a welcomed relief.

Tera sucked. was a pay to play and went free to play because it is horrible.
  • killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i am a tr 30 lvl i dont see my class invincible , well not at this level but i CAN complain about MAGESSS
    that class is madly overpowered every skill they have stuns you and their teleport skill arrrghhhh
    the worst part is you barely get to touch them annnndd you deal weak damage not to forget the spell that throws you away
  • goreironheartgoreironheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    See many of you are missing the point of this entire thread. It is about balance. Good PvP is about balance. Every class should be viable, and Rogues have it all, with no down fall. I wish on everyone that like to pretend this is just another "whineing session" that one day you face a premade of all Trickster Rogues and see how much balance you see in the class then.

NOW, dance puppets!
    edited July 2013
    See many of you are missing the point of this entire thread. It is about balance. Good PvP is about balance. Every class should be viable, and Rogues have it all, with no down fall. I wish on everyone that like to pretend this is just another "whineing session" that one day you face a premade of all Trickster Rogues and see how much balance you see in the class then.

NOW, dance puppets!

I would counter them with 4 GWFs and a cleric.

From the way you wrote your thread, saying " high deflection" and "stun lock", means that you are 100% clueless about TR and probably inexperienced with lvl 60 PvP.

Unless you know all that and you are just trolling all of us.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've played TR and GWF both and I would love to see a TR try to stun lock a GWF with unstoppable.

It's not going to happen.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • gbpackers12gbpackers12 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love dodging enemies I can't see until I run out of dodge and get one shot. Good times.
    edited July 2013

NOW, dance puppets!

Same goes with a premade of all gwfs, or all CWs, or all GFs, 5 of the same class on one side = ownage, no need to argue that, its not exclusive of the rogue. And we do have a down, thats is when we go out of stealth or when we are forced out of it by actual good players. The moment we are targetable, we are done for, easy as that, but you people need to play the class to know that rather than go with the theory we are unbeatable.

You will only know a class's weakeness the moment you play it.
This discussion has been closed.