Comments

• zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ignore this post.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please be aware that per RoC and Perfect World Terms of Service, links to illegally obtained programs are not allowed on the forums. Also, due to security concerns, we do not allow third party download links of any sort on the forum.
    Rule 3.04 - No Links to Illegal Downloads, Ill-gotten Copyrighted Materials, or Inappropriate Material
    . . . . This applies to MP3s, games, pirated software, movies, books, comic scans- the works. Posts which contain links to external websites which Community Moderators or PWE Staff deem as malicious or posing a security risk to users may be edited or removed on a case by case basis.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad you enjoyed it man, we're working hard to be formidable, and we're getting there. I played in a match with some members of Army of Dankness and Fistful of Zen last night, it was tight, the other team was in the lead, and then I...DCed.... Easy win for the opponent then, so I have no idea how it would have went. When I relogged it booted me and put me in PE, sucked.
    So YOUR the one that left... We were owning that game and then only barely lost 4v5... Blessing was SOOOO pissed... We all logged after cause that was the first good game all night and then you left like 2 min into it...

Since you guys are going up against eachother in the first round, Ill pass it over to Bless that your the one who lost us that game... Enjoy;)
    edited July 2013
    Antagony will be regretfully withdrawing from this tournament, due to the fact we no longer have a GWF..
    zokir.png
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    You can't throw a rock without hitting a GWF these days: Surely someone can sub in for him. We will wait as long as the tournament director will allow it if you need a few days to find a replacement.
    edited July 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    Antagony will be regretfully withdrawing from this tournament, due to the fact we no longer have a GWF..

LAME! GWFs are a dime a dozen. Find a decent geared one, and add him to the team. Heck if everyone agrees id let you sub him for another class... I wouldnt be willing to let you have two GWF but to have none? Sure!
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    This would be for each player on the team? So 5 - 1st Place, 5 - 2nd, 5 - 3rd....?

I think this would be a better break down:

1st place team - 1 item off AH for up to 1 Million AD (for each team member)
    2nd place team - 1 item off AH for up to 500k AD (for each team member)
    3rd place team - 1 item off AH for up to 250k AD (for each team member)

That puts prize pool at 8.750 million AD. Otherwise winning players could just post an item on AH and sponsors buy the item off AH for straight AD.

This is a great idea IMO...
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zokir wrote: »

I feel you. We've had many members in the past few weeks decide to take a break or stop all together. If you are still interested in the tourney, I'm sure between all of the guilds we can assist in finding a replacement.
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I feel you. We've had many members in the past few weeks decide to take a break or stop all together. If you are still interested in the tourney, I'm sure between all of the guilds we can assist in finding a replacement.

After the first round goes, if a team gets eliminated. Maybe you could grab a GWF then? Honestly I have been itching to play pre vs pre in a contest and the more the better!

Would the other teams allow this? I know we would since its less about the AD and more about the bragging rights here for us anyways...

One of the eliminated teams' GWF goes over to Antagony? /vote?
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    One of the eliminated teams' GWF goes over to Antagony? /vote?

Will need the Judges & each team cap to make a determination on this one. I personally don't see an issue with it as it will keep another team in the competition. :D
    edited July 2013
    We will not be continuing in this tournament.
    zokir.png
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Tournament updated with Antagony withdrawl.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    So YOUR the one that left... We were owning that game and then only barely lost 4v5... Blessing was SOOOO pissed... We all logged after cause that was the first good game all night and then you left like 2 min into it...

Since you guys are going up against eachother in the first round, Ill pass it over to Bless that your the one who lost us that game... Enjoy;)

Hhaah yeah, sorry man. I've been having some late-night connection issues. Blessing and I did a number of premades last night and conquered the world, and I DCed on one of them against a premade, but they managed, with help from two other EoA members, to win a 4v5 so it was okay in the end. I hate when it boots me.
    edited July 2013
    Proxi what time of the day does your team usually run? We are ready when you guys are.

xavory@thexavory
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tonight night Potpourri will fight Guild Breakers - if you want to watch it you will be able to do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/honoraryorange
    Time: ~9pm PST (I believe, need to confirm)
  • doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Tonight night Potpourri will fight Guild Breakers - if you want to watch it you will be able to do so here: http://www.twitch.tv/honoraryorange
    Time: ~9pm PST (I believe, need to confirm)

Good luck guys!
  • sirindrasirindra Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyway to add a last, last minute sub? Due to not having seen our cleric in a few days and getting worried he might stop playing?
    Sub would be Alpha@overthetopsigh for team Dulce Bellum Inexpertis. Our matches start Monday.
    edited August 2013
    sirindra wrote: »
    Anyway to add a last, last minute sub? Due to not having seen our cleric in a few days and getting worried he might stop playing?
    Sub would be Alpha@overthetopsigh for team Dulce Bellum Inexpertis. Our matches start Monday.

Yes, since you have not played any matches yet, should be fine.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Match coming up in 10 mins! http://www.twitch.tv/honoraryorange
  • had3lhad3l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    Congratulations to Poptpourri in their win, the bracket site has been updated.
    edited August 2013
    The following rule changes are to take immediate effect:

#1 - CW's can now use chilling cloud in matches again if they so desire. The bugs related to frozen power transfer + chilling cloud have been remedied in the latest patch.

#2 - NEW: The GF Ferocious Reaction power has been banned. If you slot this passive during a match, your team will be disqualified.

#3 - NEW: The GWF double daily exploit has been banned. If you get caught using 2 dailies as a GWF, your team will be disqualified.
  • bedroompunisherbedroompunisher Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    doaxira wrote: »
    The following rule changes are to take immediate effect:

#1 - CW's can now use chilling cloud in matches again if they so desire. The bugs related to frozen power transfer + chilling cloud have been remedied in the latest patch.

#2 - NEW: The GF Ferocious Reaction power has been banned. If you slot this passive during a match, your team will be disqualified.

#3 - NEW: The GWF double daily exploit has been banned. If you get caught using 2 dailies as a GWF, your team will be disqualified.

If Ferocious Reaction is banned because it's possible that allegedly unintended benefits can be unintentionally triggered, by the user, then shouldn't Impossible to Catch, which has been observed by many to grant the user the unintended benefit of a greatly diminished cool down, and/or increased duration, which can also possibly be unintentionally triggered by the user, be banned by the same logic?
    edited August 2013
    If Ferocious Reaction is banned because it's possible that allegedly unintended benefits can be unintentionally triggered, by the user, then shouldn't Impossible to Catch, which has been observed by many to have a greatly diminished cool down, and/or to have a greatly increased duration, which can also possibly be unintentionally triggered by the user, be banned by the same logic?

Pretty much Ferocious Reaction specs only use currently is to use the bug/exploit, if I understand correctly. It can be triggered, and the bug is related to taking a pot at the same time. It is causing GF's to basically heal from 0 to full instantly, on top of the rest of the benefit it provides. There was 2 instances it occuring in the recent match, that came under dispute. For that reason, the easiest solution here is to ban it all together.

And no, banning ITC would absolutely be game changing for TR's. We are able to track in advanced combat tracker, everytime a TR uses ITC, and abuse of it will not be tolerated.

Yes there can be a lot of debate/argument over the state of the game and bugs. All we are trying to do, is do our best to ensure fair/balanced matches.
    edited August 2013
    Pretty much Ferocious Reaction specs only use currently is to use the bug/exploit, if I understand correctly. It can be triggered, and the bug is related to taking a pot at the same time. It is causing GF's to basically heal from 0 to full instantly, on top of the rest of the benefit it provides. There was 2 instances it occuring in the recent match, that came under dispute. For that reason, the easiest solution here is to ban it all together.

You understand it incorrectly. After some testing I've come to the conclusion that the bug is associated with the improved reaction feat and requires no intentional triggering. I would hate to see an innocent team be disqualified, or threatened with disqualification, as I was yesterday, due to unintentionally triggering a bug related to ITC, or any other ability that is known to be, to borrow a term I like from Lulu, "wonky".
    And no, banning ITC would absolutely be game changing for TR's. We are able to track in advanced combat tracker, everytime a TR uses ITC, and abuse of it will not be tolerated.

ACT, while a nice tool, is easily tampered with. I trust the judges and their ability to make fair decisions, but they're only human, and there is only so much that can be proved by watching recordings from a limited number of perspectives in a fight. Either way, that point doesn't address the fact that banning ITC would follow the same logic as banning Ferocious Reaction.
    Yes there can be a lot of debate/argument over the state of the game and bugs. All we are trying to do, is do our best to ensure fair/balanced matches.

I have no doubt that the judges will do their best to ensure fair matches, and that's why I took no issue with that in my post. I only wish to bring up my concerns about ITC and how it could potentially lead to a lot of obnoxious tedium due to accidental bug triggering, as has been stated to be the case with Ferocious Reaction. I understand that ITC is more popularly used by rogues than Ferocious Reaction is by GFs, but that doesn't change the fact that allowing ITC and disallowing Ferocious Reaction is a contradiction of logic.

I hope my tone in this post cannot be construed as hostile or overly difficult in any way.
    edited August 2013
    You understand it incorrectly. After some testing I've come to the conclusion that the bug is associated with the improved reaction feat and requires no intentional triggering. I would hate to see an innocent team be disqualified, or threatened with disqualification, as I was yesterday, due to unintentionally triggering a bug related to ITC, or any other ability that is known to be, to borrow a term I like from Lulu, "wonky".

I do not want to get into specifics on how to use an exploit. The bug is directly related to using pots at specific times in combination with the feat and power. it is the pot aspect of the bug which creates the incredibly big heals. It is very controllable, and is the same reason why guilds on dragon have been disqualified from tournaments, members have been kicked, for using the bug. Sure people can claim it happens on "accident", but multiple times of it happening "accidently" start to quickly become "bull @#$%@#". To call yesterdays case of it "innocent" is pretty naive. However at the same time there was not the level of CONCLUSIVE evidence that the judges deemed worthy, to totally disqualify a team, who would of won the match regardless of the one persons questionable activities.

As for logs from last match, we were able to collect combat logs from both teams, citing multiple pieces of evidence and in my opinion unbiased review. It is true someone could tamper with a single combat log, but thats also why we are saying at least one person from EACH team should have a combat log.

A lot of this boils down to people having basic decency and sportsmanship. Both which were in question last match by 1/10 people, and there is video evidence and combat logs to back it up. Now that being said, I take personal responsibility for not making more clear definition of what should and should not be an exploit. Something I have since corrected by banning the use of the ability and the double daily by GWF's. If there is any other known bugs or issues that I need to more explicitly state, I will be happy to do so, but I am unaware of any.
    edited August 2013
    I have no problem with the rule change, but the FR bug is not always intentionally triggered with a potion: It happens to Zeek frequently when he is Proned by another GF and his health goes below the threshold, a position from which you cannot activate a pot.

On another note, if you think FR being excluded from the tournament due to the bug is bad, be glad your 4pc set bonus works. As of right now I am the only one on our team that has been hit with this bug, and as such we will continue on, but if another member of the team had it, specifically our TR or GF, we would probably be done. Cryptic needs to fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sooner than later.
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    I have no problem with the rule change, but the FR bug is not always intentionally triggered with a potion: It happens to Zeek frequently when he is Proned by another GF and his health goes below the threshold, a position from which you cannot activate a pot.

I agree Xavory, but however this incident in question, we were able to directly align multiple cases of the bug occurring in the video, directly with him popping a heal pot int he combat log (via combat log time stamps to the video time stamp, then follow through with seeing insane (20K+ healing) being done by the pot. My personal opinions I earlier expressed, were solely based on these incidents and the video/combat log.

And yes, this 4 set thing is such a joke. Q&A?
    edited August 2013
    It looks like the EoA vs Catholic Church math will be played somewhere in the noon PST-6 PST window today. When we get a firm time I will post it in this thread for those interested in watching.
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »

On another note, if you think FR being excluded from the tournament due to the bug is bad, be glad your 4pc set bonus works. As of right now I am the only one on our team that has been hit with this bug, and as such we will continue on, but if another member of the team had it, specifically our TR or GF, we would probably be done. Cryptic needs to fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sooner than later.

Finally someone who actually knows something about this bug. Any GF who has actually tested the ability knows it has nothing to do with a heal pot, and people really should have all of the facts before they start throwing around accusations with no evidence or even personal experience.

My 4pc bonus is bugged at the moment, too, and i'm the GF for my group. I'm definitely not fighting without it so hopefully they fix it by the time our next fight rolls around.
This discussion has been closed.