test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, is the Moon Elf Race cash-only now? Or is the Pack one "Early Access"?

Comments

• zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Should've known that half the stuff they put on the Fury of the Feywilds page to keep peoples interest would be cash only.

Real disappointed Cryptic.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Should've known that half the stuff they put on the Fury of the Feywilds page to keep peoples interest would be cash only.

1 race is half of the entire module?
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    What folks like you guys are overlooking is the fact that some of us already have a foot outside the door just waiting to see if the new content gives us any reason to hang around. We still don't have any idea when we're gonna see new classes and the promised new races now seem to be behind a paywall. If they're going to pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the least they could do is release the drow to balance things out and keep people (who aren't willing to pay obscene amounts of money for their content) motivated to continue playing their game.

While 60 days doesn't seem like much, when it comes to gaming it may as well be a year. Nobody can get away with trying to keep a gamer's attention for 60 days unless it's some kind of amazing DLC for a top-tier game. Sadly, Neverwinter isn't top-tier (yet) and a mass of pixels and stats isn't something worth waiting two months for. Cryptic is gonna have to do better than this.

New class was mentioned in the interview that was done recently with the Lead Developer. He said the new class was in the works about 40% done and wouldn't be available until the end of the year.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    1 race is half of the entire module?

The race, the companion, I'm fully expecting the Professions to fully the current model of "You want nice stuff? Buy assets LOLOLOL".

Maybe not half, but still a lot of the stuff I was actually looking forward to.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

It works out to be a lot cheaper buying the $60 pack, then paying money for each individual item. The mount is rank 3, the companion is a purple companion, the astral diamonds, plus the other perks including the race equals a lot more then $60. At least it isn't (buy The Moon Elf Race) and pay to unlock Module 1 content.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Cryptic will just treat this as (Early Access) like they did with Drow. If you want to ride around as a wood elf on the back of a unicorn mount then this pack is right up your alley. I'm sure for the players who wish to wait for the free release as with drow it'll be the 22nd of August.

If I bought the pack I could make a Moon Elf right now?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    If I bought the pack I could make a Moon Elf right now?

On they feywild site it says Pre-order the packs. So no I do not think you could make one right now.
    edited July 2013
    It works out to be a lot cheaper buying the $60 pack, then paying money for each individual item. The mount is rank 3, the companion is a purple companion, the astral diamonds, plus the other perks including the race equals a lot more then $60. At least it isn't (buy The Moon Elf Race) and pay to unlock Module 1 content.

Yes, it is cheaper, and if I was going to buy everything in that pack individually I'd be downright thrilled, buuuut I'm not. So I'm not.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New class was mentioned in the interview that was done recently with the Lead Developer. He said the new class was in the works about 40% done and wouldn't be available until the end of the year.

Assuming by "end of the year" they mean sometime in 4th quarter, then at least 3 months and 5 months at the latest. Does it really take that long to create one class? If they wanted to spend a lot of time balancing it and making sure it doesn't break the game, I might could understand, but this is Cryptic we're talking about here.

Well whenever it does come out, I'm expecting it to be available to folks willing to spend $60 for a "(Insert Name Here) Pack" with the rest of us waiting until sometime 2014. I'm calling it now.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    On they feywild site it says Pre-order the packs. So no I do not think you could make one right now.

Thanks!!!!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    You still get the content absolutely free. You don't NEED that particular race to enjoy the game. However they still need to generate income/profit as they are a business after all. I don't see the big deal other than people complaining about pointless **** as usual.

I love these pointless responses. You people are too stupid to see that they put out a half finished game at best littered with bugs and exploits. Now they tell you "YAY EXPANSION - PAY MORE"

PWE has a terrible track record and is a pathetic bottom feeding company. I'll get my original $60 worth laughing at all you idiots while my work day goes faster. When I go home, this game doesn't even have a shortcut any more.

Feel free to add my character for all you goons that claim nobody ever leaves and see if it ever logs on. Flame on suckers.
  • nicconuclearnicconuclear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can I still buy a Hero of the North Pack?
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Of course, lets not forget that these "packs" are also a way to get around the ability of people to earn zen in-game.... because they're not available in-game, or for zen.
  • chaclonchaclon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The FAQ says the Sylph companion is purple (max rank 30), but what about the Earth Stone? There are already two stones in the game that are green and blue so there's no way to guess.
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic you guys almost had me, only had the companion been a healer. Anyhow, most of the things in this pack sound great. Looking forward to Module 1's release.
    edited July 2013
    chaclon wrote: »
    The FAQ says the Sylph companion is purple (max rank 30), but what about the Earth Stone? There are already two stones in the game that are green and blue so there's no way to guess.

Three. There's a Green, Blue and I believe the one from the Foundry Achievements is Purple.

So there's even less way to guess :P
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    I love these pointless responses. You people are too stupid to see that they put out a half finished game at best littered with bugs and exploits. Now they tell you "YAY EXPANSION - PAY MORE"

It sounds like you're the stupid one since you don't have to pay a cent for this expansion. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Of course, lets not forget that these "packs" are also a way to get around the ability of people to earn zen in-game.... because they're not available in-game, or for zen.

As with all bundles, the packs' value is (for most customers) diminished by the lack of choice among all of the various items included. Not every buyer will want every single item. So Cryptic isolates the packs from the Z-store and tosses a few exclusive items in for good measure. Can't say I love what they're doing, but it makes sense.

Personally, I think the best pack a new player can buy at this point is the tier 3 horse and as many AD as he can afford. Unless that new player is simply desperate to ride a spider/unicorn, or really needs a Moon Elf.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Haven't seen that, do you have a link? Thanks!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited July 2013
    Three. There's a Green, Blue and I believe the one from the Foundry Achievements is Purple.

So there's even less way to guess :P

THere is an Ioun Stone for Foundry Achievements? Which ones and how is it acquired?

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chaclon wrote: »

According to the video, it isn't a companion but a neck slot item.
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    THere is an Ioun Stone for Foundry Achievements? Which ones and how is it acquired?

The Moonstar Agent achievement which requires completing 26 foundry authoring achievements and 16 foundry community achievements.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

Why does this matter?

PWE/Cryptic makes money when someone trades AD for Zen in-game. That Zen was just purchased by someone else. If anything putting the pack in the zen shop would probably make them more money, provided they also released a new BiS item that people would be willing to sell zen to acquire. I wouldn't be surprised if people buying AD with Zen is the #1 revenue generator for NW.

I guess it could be unhealthy for the in-game economy in a sense since if it was in the store it would provide more incentive to farm AD, but I do believe that is entirely negated by the 600k AD per pack that will enter the economy
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The Moonstar Agent achievement which requires completing 26 foundry authoring achievements and 16 foundry community achievements.

Thanks, I was not aware of that! Something else to try out. :)

• dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited July 2013
    make it 2.2mil AD and i would consider buying this pack.
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    make it 2.2mil AD and i would consider buying this pack.

Like PWE style, "In your dreams, pal!"

Seriously, when this pack comes out, those "past" premium like the broken panther, maybe available in zen store, at 3000 zen! There, something for you to look forward, to convert your AD to buy stuff!
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I can't be the only person that remembers pages and pages of forum "debate" where it was repeatedly(and quite firmly) stated that "all content will be free" and "you will NEVER have to pay for classes or races" by community reps and admins?

Hmmm?

Guess I was right, after all.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I can't be the only person that remembers pages and pages of forum "debate" where it was repeatedly(and quite firmly) stated that "all content will be free" and "you will NEVER have to pay for classes or races" by community reps and admins?

Hmmm?

You should dig up one of those posts and necro it. I'd love to see admin/rep statements like that.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    You should dig up one of those posts and necro it. I'd love to see admin/rep statements like that.

Your wish is my command.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?59041-Polygon-s-Interview-with-Lead-Producer-Andy-Velasquez&highlight=content+free

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?37821-Free!!!&highlight=content+free

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/1/3584768/neverwinter-free-to-play-microtransactions-explained-full-game

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?4636-F2P-or-P2P/page2&highlight=content+free

And from the FAQ itself:
    SECTION V - DESIGN, MECHANICS, AND GAMEPLAY

Does it cost ZEN to unlock additional Races and Classes?

All the available races at launch will be free. We are planning to release the regular Drow for free post-launch (after at least 60 days to allow for Founder's Pack exclusivity). Note that only the regular Drow race will become available; the Menzoberranzen Renegade will always remain exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases.

Details regarding additional classes and races should be announced soon!

I, however...will not be performing necromancy any time soon. They already don't like me much. :p

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Hmmm?

After reading the thread you posted I can see them saying things like...

"I can't promise they won't but I really don't expect them to and if they do I expect that it would be an uncommon or through the roof awesome class."

and

"Cryptic plans classes to be FREE. If this changes they will let all of you know."

But nothing saying anything along the lines that it is proven fact that all classes and races will be free guaranteed.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xaazx wrote: »

PWE has a terrible track record and is a pathetic bottom feeding company. I'll get my original $60 worth laughing at all you idiots while my work day goes faster. When I go home, this game doesn't even have a shortcut any more.

Feel free to add my character for all you goons that claim nobody ever leaves and see if it ever logs on. Flame on suckers.

Actually, they are saying "pay more if you want these optional extras" for the expansion.

This is the same kind of thing other MMOs do all the time, just in a different way (in their case it is often buy the basic version for the low price, or the deluxe, limited edition with extra stuff, including in game items, for a higher price).

It seems you are not familiar with standard MMO practices.