test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF = New Tank. Goodbye GFs.

Comments

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nachofoot wrote: »
    You can post the same thing twice or three times. No one is gonna buy it. If you actually read the thread, you could see that I am neither. Take a guess again what class I play. I bet the other posters can guess where you can't...

Ask yourself a question. Why is GF equipment cheaper than all other classes?

Name two classes that need to be in every t2....GF and DC...

You want to know why it is cheap? Read the above line.

Now ask yourself why does one t2 set piece for GWF avg 750k...(Avatar of War)

Because he is not required and therefore there is less gear on the market.
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally find avatar of war set is absolutely useless. I can let go of that extra power since it dosent go off when i need it to go off. Instead i prefer the t1 pvp set which gives you 10% hp regen everytime you use unstoppable. Add that with the fact that you use unstoppable every 3-4 seconds, yeah it makes a big diff. Avatar of war is just an expensive useless set which people use to get higher gs.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kingle wrote: »
    It would have been nice to go in detail than just two sentences of pure rage, some facts some statistics you know something that people can reason. Just saying.

Agreed. Im also amazed at how many ppl complain and then give no solution or suggest as to how they would like to see the issue resolved. The devs cant read your mind you know, ppl seems to think the world revolves around them and thier opinion is fact.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shajib1234 wrote: »
    GWFs are not OP and dont need a nerf. A tr and a cw can easily beat the living hell out of a GWF. If you cant, then it just means you suck and need to learn how to play your toon properly.

You do realise that was my point.....
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    gf gear is cheapest because of this reason. the best castle never groups, are 3 gfs, 2 clerics, or 4 gfs' and a cleric usually. there is 3 guilds I know that run mostly gfs' as dungeon runners. The market is constantly flooded with em. You wont see much for say.. gwf that is usually not taken.. anywhere except t1's and guild groups. lol
    a gf can out-tank, out damage, and yes shield can be near indestructible. you have to fight them with tactics.
    And for low damage output, if you call up to 50k encounters low damage output, while being tanky, your sick.
    feats that heal. daily that heals. at-wills that heal. encounters that do high damage, one that doubles your damage to a target, and reduces all other damage to you etc... yeah
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Name two classes that need to be in every t2....GF and DC...

You want to know why it is cheap? Read the above line.

Now ask yourself why does one t2 set piece for GWF avg 750k...(Avatar of War)

Because he is not required and therefore there is less gear on the market.

I think you get the whole idea wrong. When there is a demand (soar after), then it is going to be expensive... If there is low demand, then the gear is going to be cheap.
    edited July 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    I think you get the whole idea wrong. When there is a demand (soar after), then it is going to be expensive... If there is low demand, then the gear is going to be cheap.

No I did not get the idea wrong. GFs and DCs have the cheapest sets on the AH BECAUSE they run the dungeons and get the drops AND the DD chest. They saturated the market with the class specific gear.
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No I did not get the idea wrong. GFs and DCs have the cheapest sets on the AH BECAUSE they run the dungeons and get the drops AND the DD chest. They saturated the market with the class specific gear.

Your words had told me that you don't even know how demand and supply work in the market and any other markets out there. Go read up.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Basically this. The GWF can tank pretty well but its threat generation is nothing compared to a GF.

I don't want to generate threat as a GF cause I can't tank. So let the GWF tank as GF I am a single target Dps. Oh and 5 sec breaking on guard meter was exaggerated. Its breaks in 3 sec.
    edited July 2013
    Your words had told me that you don't even know how demand and supply work in the market and any other markets out there. Go read up.

How about you take your market theory and go visit the AH and price the gear. Stated before that 2-4 GFs and a DC would crush CN. That is a minimum of up to 2-4 CLASS pieces that drop from the DD alone not including any drops from bosses per run. Now sir...since you seem to be such and expert on supply and demand explain what happens when the market floods with the same gear.....Ohh that's right...the price FALLS. Hence GF gear and DC gear is cheap and GWF gear is absurd.
    edited July 2013
    How about you take your market theory and go visit the AH and price the gear. Stated before that 2-4 GFs and a DC would crush CN. That is a minimum of up to 2-4 CLASS pieces that drop from the DD alone not including any drops from bosses per run. Now sir...since you seem to be such and expert on supply and demand explain what happens when the market floods with the same gear.....Ohh that's right...the price FALLS. Hence GF gear and DC gear is cheap and GWF gear is absurd.

I don't understand why you want to make yourself look so bad, how do you get those numbers? by playing some runs and you are saying GF and DC gear dropped alot? It doesn't make sense man... Perhap, you are still busy with your school work or jobs..
    edited July 2013
    I don't understand why you want to make yourself look so bad, how do you get those numbers? by playing some runs and you are saying on GF and DC gear dropped alot? It doesn't make sense man... Perhap, you are still busy with your school work or jobs..

Specifically read post #32 which was in response to post #28.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When you need to explain people how the "supply and demand" works...

I run a rather classic conqueror DPS GF build (i started as a full tank first 2 weeks of the game) and not only you can gather all the agro (REALLY ALL) in a fight, but also your survivality is ridiculous, the damage outputs are astounding in PvE due to stalwart, and if youre smart enough to invest in movement, and you are skilled enough to move... you can also set the mobs in a way that is good for the party to dispose of them easier.

Also, a good GF does not block most of the time, just block the big hits, take the small ones, at the very least you have 55% dmg mitigation (im close to 60) and regeneration, some people also runs lifedrinker (higher threat generation) so youre almost inmortal in all t2 and strong in CN, i choose to run Holy avenger because i like the party buff...

GWFs are nice, but in pve theyre still a 5th wheel... also, theyre mostly AWFUL players, i dunno why, like TRs, its hard to find good GWF/TR in pugs, i love a great GWF in my team, between him and me and the CW the mobs MELT!, but bad ones are a disgrace, disarray mobs, run behind me agroing without criteria, die fast... meh...

I dont play PvP so i have no opinion whatsoever, but ive seen people complaining about the OPness of 4 of the 5 clases after patch and that for me is balance.
    edited July 2013
    @FRARII

Next time you run ...take 2 GWF and a CW. Much fun when everyone knows the class and how to play. Singularity is up. 5 seconds later...GF go grab the next pack of mobs...the last pack melted. Then again as with any run...it helps to know who you are running with and how they play.
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This thread is useless.

GWF can tank, yes. GWF can't tank everything! My experience as GWF is I'm more of a addhandler, debuffer and GFs right hand. There is a reason GWF and GF marksystem has good synergy.
    Ran spider with 2 GWF tanking, all went smooth untill the end boss where we just couldn't grab agro fast enough unlike GF could have.

In my opinion GWF is a valuable asset in a group but necessary one? No. Groups with 1 of every class tend to feel especially smooth though.
  • nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread is useless.

GWF can tank, yes. GWF can't tank everything! My experience as GWF is I'm more of a addhandler, debuffer and GFs right hand. There is a reason GWF and GF marksystem has good synergy.
    Ran spider with 2 GWF tanking, all went smooth untill the end boss where we just couldn't grab agro fast enough unlike GF could have.

In my opinion GWF is a valuable asset in a group but necessary one? No. Groups with 1 of every class tend to feel especially smooth though.

Your post is useless.

Think about what you just said. Threat generation does NOT = tanking.

If you want proof of GWF tanking ability, just search YouTube for recent videos. Either that or participate in GG 20 v 20 pvp. Watch as one GWF tanks through 5-6 players. GF has absolutely nothing once guard is gone. Hell, one TR can disable the only skill that makes a GF useful: Guard.
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Threat CAN = tanking if the target your wailing on ignores you and eats your clerics CWs and TRs. GWF have tremendous survivability vs large crowds of monsters in comparison to a GF, On the other hand a GF can quickly gain aggro on anything that decides one of your squishies needs to die, and as far as shield goes you can use tide of iron/shield smash at wills to instantly repair a portion of your broken shield as soon as it breaks and always have it up and ready to block a large red circle, GWF will not always have unstoppable up and ready to go especially against a single large target. Apples and Oranges is all I see.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GFs can attack while blocking - your attack rate is a little lower, and you can't use encounters or dailies while blocking, but you can still deal a little damage.

The problem w/ GFs, IMO, is that the block meter is taken out too quickly when fighting a boss, and the lack of maneuverability is a huge detriment. I think GFs need some sort of movement ability - perhaps a quick tap of the shift key should give you like 3 seconds of increased movement, even if your block meter is depleted, or perhaps it should do a quick forward dash if you still have any of your block meter left.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    I have a GF at 60 and I only block the attacks that have red circles or where the target flashes white ect, otherwise I just take the hits as they don't do enough damage to where I can't just pot my own health bar if the cleric can't heal me. I haven't really spoken to other GFs play styles or builds and gear so I can't say if it works for them.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    as a 15k GS GF with stalwart set and CN weapons/shield conq spec, i am able to hold agro on the entire room if i wanted to not die and still top the damage meters. If played correctly a GF can have multiple stacks of fighters recovery and villian's menance up at once. Blocking big hits doing massive aoe damage with into the fray massive massive AP regen. I become unstoppable and the more mobs i tank the more healing i do.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    as a 15k GS GF with stalwart set and CN weapons/shield conq spec, i am able to hold agro on the entire room if i wanted to not die and still top the damage meters. If played correctly a GF can have multiple stacks of fighters recovery and villian's menance up at once. Blocking big hits doing massive aoe damage with into the fray massive massive AP regen. I become unstoppable and the more mobs i tank the more healing i do.

QFT.

GFs who complain about their own class can't play one for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Non-GF complainers were partied with one of the aforementioned people. That's really all there is to it. It's not even about the gear, it comes down to your spec and your skill in playing the class.

At least my friends had the good sense to delete their GFs when they couldn't wrap their heads around the class' mechanics instead of being yet another GF bringing groups down with their fail.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thread Creator wants to stand in one place with his shield up for the entire dungeon.
  • heavygunbowguyheavygunbowguy Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    The starter of this thread is incredibly clueless in a GFs capability in PvE or PvP.. thanks for the laugh :)

Research more and experience the game more before you rant some idiotic nonsense please? do the community a favor. thanks!
  • vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    saying a DPS GWF is a tank is like saying a cow is a donkey MAKES NO SENSE.
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    depends on the dungeon
    can even ran Karr with no GWF and GF at all

but i would like GF instead of GWF, makes CWs lives easier
  • armistagearmistage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually....The GF does way more dps...with the way the Stalwart Bulwark Set stacks and the 4 peice bonus that is on it....this wont change until they increase the level cap and add new armor sets.....so yea....DPS ftw on the GF builds...look it up...you will be sorely disappointed with the GWF in comparison...its pretty flabberghasting.
  • jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    GFs>GWFs in tanking. OP is a troll.
  • nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cichard wrote: »

You can have multiple stacks of Dailies up at once. Nice. You should share that with other players. I've never seen that before. Its almost unbelievable.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    GFs can attack while blocking - your attack rate is a little lower, and you can't use encounters or dailies while blocking, but you can still deal a little damage.

The problem w/ GFs, IMO, is that the block meter is taken out too quickly when fighting a boss, and the lack of maneuverability is a huge detriment. I think GFs need some sort of movement ability - perhaps a quick tap of the shift key should give you like 3 seconds of increased movement, even if your block meter is depleted, or perhaps it should do a quick forward dash if you still have any of your block meter left.

This is the point and someone actually sees it. As someone who pvps regularly with both GF and GWF, the GWF can tank far more players. PvE mobs are stupid. I could tank them with a GWF with my eyes closed.

armistage wrote: »
    Actually....The GF does way more dps...with the way the Stalwart Bulwark Set stacks and the 4 peice bonus that is on it....this wont change until they increase the level cap and add new armor sets.....so yea....DPS ftw on the GF builds...look it up...you will be sorely disappointed with the GWF in comparison...its pretty flabberghasting.

The next time you're in Gauntlgrym, screenshot the damage board and I will too. Tell me how many GFs you see up there. Its pretty flabberghasting.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can have multiple stacks of Dailies up at once. Nice. You should share that with other players. I've never seen that before. Its almost unbelievable.

I haven't had them up simultaneously, but I've come **** close. but not in PVP.

this thread isn't about PVP anyway though. it's about PVE tanking.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I've stacked my dailies a few times here and there when I wasn't even really trying. Maybe once you learn2play, the impossible will become possible for you.
    This is the point and someone actually sees it. As someone who pvps regularly with both GF and GWF, the GWF can tank far more players. PvE mobs are stupid. I could tank them with a GWF with my eyes closed.

Just because someone else can see your point doesn't mean it isn't a stupid one. So what, it just means you both fail at playing the class...big whoop.

The next time you're in Gauntlgrym, screenshot the damage board and I will too. Tell me how many GFs you see up there. Its pretty flabberghasting.

Silly kid, no one with any sense plays GG anyway. No surprise it's full of GWF.