test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardians Are Over Powered, when can we expect a Nerf?

124»

Comments

• Options
    spicyrollspicyroll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On frozen heart as a GF I am all single target Dps blowin up the boss and want no adds on me. Maybe I can try and watch some vids of successful groups doing it other ways. I just feel tanks don't tank at all yet and aren't needed to in this game. I do like bringing Dps to the table and well it works since I can't even try a pure tank class till we have a Dual spec option. Cause well Conquer is the only PvP spec. Hope that there is some great boss fights in the future with different phases that don't involve ADDS. Add don't bring difficulty into dungeons they just make most players Rage and want to find ways around it cause its not a enjoyable experience at all. So I stick with PvP cause every dungeon I do just isn't fun at all till we get some better design. Gear doesn't make it enjoyable either. Do you think we can have some real boss fights in the future.

You're doing it wrong bro. On Frozen Heart dungeon, you're supposed to aggro and tank the adds/mini ice golems away from the boss. Hence giving your whole team a better chance to damage the boss a whole lot faster than you being the hero. >.> Do the math, 4 > 1

Learn to play people.

And this constant whining for nerf about a GF that was spec'd for offense. Its so rubbish, Do you all want GF's to have their shield up the whole game? You all realize that the only way we can harm people is to have a good enough burst damage, simply because we can't spam moves fast enough like any other class right? GF's are slow and once you break our shield we pretty much can't defend ourselves unless we're spec'd more on the defensive side.

What people don't understand is a GF's guard doesn't hold out for as long as you think. And if you know that you're fighting a DPS tank, once you break their guard you can spam and cc them to death.

Again L2P people instead of whining for nerf just coz your favourite class can't win against a particular individual. Not the class itself.
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    FACTS from the forums!

GF - Overpowered
    TR - Overpowered
    GWF - Overpowered
    DC - Overpowered
    CW - Overpowered

FACT from me -Stop whining and learn to play!
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    You're still crying about this? If you can't kill a GF as a CW you're doing something wrong. That's the simple truth.

Also I've never taken half the health from anyone on one move so obviously you're referring to a specific build or equipment set. Not all players have similar specs. You seriously want to nerf a whole class due to that? And based on what happens in PvP?

A: If you disagree with me, you're welcome to do so. Please should be the same respect, that I afford you.

B: Numerous threads been popping up over past week, or do you ignore the logical truth that since patch they been over powered.

I don't want to nerf anything. I want things to be balanced. If this is "balanced" and working as intended. Then please ask the dev's to let me know, so I can roll a Guardians to 60 then do exactly what their doing in PVP. If this working as intended a tank out dps pure DPS class.

As a CW my disadvantage in fights is that I wear cloth. However I can shoot from ranged and CC pretty easily. A strength for a tank is supposed to be able to aborb damage, what exactly is their disadvantage. They can wear strongest gear and perform the highest dps.

That to you, is balanced.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    B: Numerous threads been popping up over past week, or do you ignore the logical truth that since patch they been over powered.

I don't want to nerf anything. I want things to be balanced. If this is "balanced" and working as intended. Then please ask the dev's to let me know, so I can roll a Guardians to 60 then do exactly what their doing in PVP. If this working as intended a tank out dps pure DPS class.

As a CW my disadvantage in fights is that I wear cloth. However I can shoot from ranged and CC pretty easily. A strength for a tank is supposed to be able to aborb damage, what exactly is their disadvantage. They can wear strongest gear and perform the highest dps.

Respectfully, threads popping up on the forums has little to do with "logical truth" and even less to do with empirical truth. Far more people complain than share positive experiences, and that is made manifest on Internet fora where people often go a little over the top. Any class, when well played and geared to the max is going to come across as OP when held against people who aren't geared and specced the same way. The other day I was grouped with a GF who had a gear score over 14K with BiS equipment and rank 9/10 enchants. They were an absolute beast - and the GWF who had only slightly weaker equipment out DPS'ed them.

A well specced and played guardian will often outDPS an average trickster since the former is hitting far more monsters than the latter. They will also take a lot more damage (and have more mitigation to deal with it) since that is their role and the trickster is much more mobile. The CW is also much more mobile, and when in a good party they will usually significantly outDPS the GF - all the more so if the GF has to chase after knockbacked foes. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    All humanly effort.This is how you dodge their knocks.

shift-key.jpg

Not everyone has the amount of dodges that a CW has. Also fairly sure that their prone encounters have short cooldowns and will be able to use atleast 1 again before your stamina bar refills. Having said this, I don't struggle with most GF's - but that's only because I use a very specific build that can be considered as a little bit of a counter against GF's.

What I do agree with, however, is that they need a DPS nerf. Rogues are the only class that should be able to do above 10k damage with one hit. This is because DPS is all that rogues have (stealth means nothing, if you're good you can see/target rogues while they're in stealth), while GF's have an insane defence + prones with a very short attack animation (a lot harder to dodge than, say, dazing strike) already. Rogue = striker class, GF = tank class. Make the GF class act accordingly please.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    All of the QQ need to go roll a GF and then start to ***** how OP the class is.

I have (5) GF's of different races and the class is the most balanced. Once our shield is broken we are pretty much screwed as we can't dodge attacks and it takes a very long time to charge backup with no way to reduce the charge time.

DC's can stack Deflection / Defense and get just as much defense/deflect as a GF and be just as tanky.
    GWF with the right gear/enchants can get even tanker that GFs and still put out good dmg.

DPS GF's have to sacrifice tanky stats for DPS if we want burst dmg which then makes easier to kill.

If you are losing to burst GF's it's because you are being out played.

My main is a Human GF with 24k HP & I out play you scrubs with 35k HP all day. Learn to play your classes and stop asking for nerfs. Currently there is no OP build that beats all and only Enchants are what unbalances PvP.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A: If you disagree with me, you're welcome to do so. Please should be the same respect, that I afford you.

A. As long as you promise to come off as better informed: see B.

B. Mind posting the notes? because unless you are getting 2 shot by aggravating strike, I have no idea what made GF over powered in a patch :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Respectfully, threads popping up on the forums has little to do with "logical truth" and even less to do with empirical truth. Far more people complain than share positive experiences, and that is made manifest on Internet fora where people often go a little over the top. Any class, when well played and geared to the max is going to come across as OP when held against people who aren't geared and specced the same way. The other day I was grouped with a GF who had a gear score over 14K with BiS equipment and rank 9/10 enchants. They were an absolute beast - and the GWF who had only slightly weaker equipment out DPS'ed them.

A well specced and played guardian will often outDPS an average trickster since the former is hitting far more monsters than the latter. They will also take a lot more damage (and have more mitigation to deal with it) since that is their role and the trickster is much more mobile. The CW is also much more mobile, and when in a good party they will usually significantly outDPS the GF - all the more so if the GF has to chase after knockbacked foes. :)

Respectfully, canceling out the notion that all numerous threads have been popping up about them. You honestly see nothing wrong with their current balance right now. I understand that well geared Guardians will often do more damage. I am in T2 Gear myself.

I know my role is CC. I don't expect to top the DPS charts. However you can say with all honesty that nothing is wrong with their current balance. The fact they're able to crit for so much is working as intended. I've been with level 60 Guardians who just hit 60, and they were doing better in damage then people with higher ranking gear.

I personally feel, their role is tank is absorb damage. That they should have a spell to maintain the threat on them, but I don't feel the amount of damage they are doing should be balanced. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe all these people are incorrect.

But if this is the way a guardian is working as intended, then I'll roll one for my next class.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Respectfully, canceling out the notion that all numerous threads have been popping up about them. You honestly see nothing wrong with their current balance right now. I understand that well geared Guardians will often do more damage. I am in T2 Gear myself.

I know my role is CC. I don't expect to top the DPS charts. However you can say with all honesty that nothing is wrong with their current balance. The fact they're able to crit for so much is working as intended. I've been with level 60 Guardians who just hit 60, and they were doing better in damage then people with higher ranking gear.

I personally feel, their role is tank is absorb damage. That they should have a spell to maintain the threat on them, but I don't feel the amount of damage they are doing should be balanced. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe all these people are incorrect.

But if this is the way a guardian is working as intended, then I'll roll one for my next class.

Guardian Fighter damage on trash is heavily reliant on an AT WILL. At even gear levels rogues can beat them along with well played CW and GWF. GF trash damage is highly dependent on good CW collecting mobs and not throwing them everywhere.

GF pve and pvp damage are two completely different conversations.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Frankly no, I don't see any problems with GF's right now. In my opinion, people complaining and demanding nerfs against classes that they don't play is more than a little ridiculous. I know it is quite common, but that doesn't mean that the complainers are correct.

GF's can be specced to be damage absorbers. They can also be specced to do some pretty serious damage at the expense of some of their tanking ability. There are trade-offs to each build, but they're also a very forgiving class to play precisely because they have high hit points which is what allows them to usually survive a massive AoE from a boss that they can't dodge, can't run away from, and breaks right through their block meter. Proper management of skills and cooldowns allows a GF to be a very solid utility player for a party and keep the attention away from the squishier and more dangerous TR's and CW's.

By all means, please do roll a GF and enjoy playing it! Stock up on some gold though, you're going to need a lot of potions because even with a great healer you're going to often take damage faster than they can heal you.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That to you, is balanced.

So you're still crying. Got it!

By all means start up a GF. It's not like hitting level 60 with any class is hard in this game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Frankly no, I don't see any problems with GF's right now. In my opinion, people complaining and demanding nerfs against classes that they don't play is more than a little ridiculous. I know it is quite common, but that doesn't mean that the complainers are correct.

GF's can be specced to be damage absorbers. They can also be specced to do some pretty serious damage at the expense of some of their tanking ability. There are trade-offs to each build, but they're also a very forgiving class to play precisely because they have high hit points which is what allows them to usually survive a massive AoE from a boss that they can't dodge, can't run away from, and breaks right through their block meter. Proper management of skills and cooldowns allows a GF to be a very solid utility player for a party and keep the attention away from the squishier and more dangerous TR's and CW's.

By all means, please do roll a GF and enjoy playing it! Stock up on some gold though, you're going to need a lot of potions because even with a great healer you're going to often take damage faster than they can heal you.

I with respect disagree on the tanks role. I don't think given the gear they are given they should be allowed to be spec for DPS. Their gear if I'm not mistaken is not designed for tank or dps. Its designed to take a lot of punishment regardless if their speced for tanking or dps. They may lose some ability's if they put talent points in DPS, yet the outcome is still the same.

My question is, why is a a role for a tank allowed to spec for dps. My gear is cloth. I don't get a choice to wear plate gear. You got a plate DPS running around. That to me is over powered.
  • Options
    gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    In my personal experience, I have never seen a GF match a rogues DPS. GWF on the other hand....

Anyway, one on one, I have not had a GF beat my CW. The key is the freeze them to the ground. THey may not take DMG from rAy of Frost, but it still slows them down and freezes them (block gets turned off and then you do your other damaging attacks. dodge, repel, repeat.

Again, this has just been my experience. I would love to see the build on a GF that beats a rogues DPS, because I was thinking of playing a GF next.
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Why wouldn't a tank be able to do good dmg? They lack the mobility of other classes like CW and definitely don't have a CWs CC.
    m-47-general-george-s-patton-medium-tank-2.jpgThis is a tank
    Sniper.jpgThis is a guy that a tank squishes because it didn't stay out of its way.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    gnominion wrote: »
    In my personal experience, I have never seen a GF match a rogues DPS. GWF on the other hand....

Anyway, one on one, I have not had a GF beat my CW. The key is the freeze them to the ground. THey may not take DMG from rAy of Frost, but it still slows them down and freezes them (block gets turned off and then you do your other damaging attacks. dodge, repel, repeat.

Again, this has just been my experience. I would love to see the build on a GF that beats a rogues DPS, because I was thinking of playing a GF next.

I dont think you play pvp enough. Ive seen GFs eat rogues 1v1
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    FACTS from the forums!

GF - Overpowered
    TR - Overpowered
    GWF - Overpowered
    DC - Overpowered
    CW - Overpowered

Plays GF is happy with the current balance :)
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    More buffs please. Need more mitigation about 60%. could also use about 45-50k life thx. Or maybe a immune bubble they can cast that lasts for 8 secs. There we go.
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    FACTS from the forums!

GF - Overpowered
    TR - Overpowered
    GWF - Overpowered
    DC - Overpowered
    CW - Overpowered

GF - need a nerf on the shield bash range and thats it its CQ not a ranged skill also the dmg on the bashes is too high needs about a 20% reduction on it
    TR - meh idk stealh duration couse use a litle tweaking it lasts 2 long
    GWF - fun as hell to play but has some issues they need to work a bit on it ( mostly bugs etc on the skills and unstopable ) currently doing a tad 2 much dmg about less 10% dmg would fix it
    DC - broken since the "balance patch" doesn't mitigate as much dmg and could never heal properly
    CW - OP o.O ? half the skills don't work as intended the other half is broken like hell ( its a fully ranged class its the reason it is good in pvp)

Fact - ppl dont see changes get pissed and quit then u play solo ^^

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Add broken PVE dungeons + class preference from the devs + broken skills etc = alot of us looking for a new game already and most of us when we quit is perma quit

the only reason alot of the player base is still here is we are waiting for games like ESO - FF14 etc

this game has potential but its being wasted
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Add broken PVE dungeons + class preference from the devs + broken skills etc = alot of us looking for a new game already and most of us when we quit is perma quit

the only reason alot of the player base is still here is we are waiting for games like ESO - FF14 etc

this game has potential but its being wasted

A couple of weeks ago I would have very much argued against this, but I'm reluctantly coming to the same conclusion.

The game is great fun, for a couple of weeks. Then when one or two toons hit 60 you are confronted with the 'endgame', or rather, the big gaping void where endgame was supposed to be. The questing thing is great, and if they manage to get their 'campaign' idee worked out it would be a big plus.

I fear though they'll do the same half-assed thing as with Gauntlgrym, take the worst of both repetetive pve and mismatched pvp together and make it even worse. I hope to see a lot of variation and new things with the Feywild, but I'm expecting a 2, 3 hour quest with solo dungeons amped up with a thousand adds and some new skins for gear and mobs.

NW has so much potential and is so much not living up to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I would have very much argued against this, but I'm reluctantly coming to the same conclusion.

The game is great fun, for a couple of weeks. Then when one or two toons hit 60 you are confronted with the 'endgame', or rather, the big gaping void where endgame was supposed to be. The questing thing is great, and if they manage to get their 'campaign' idee worked out it would be a big plus.

I fear though they'll do the same half-assed thing as with Gauntlgrym, take the worst of both repetetive pve and mismatched pvp together and make it even worse. I hope to see a lot of variation and new things with the Feywild, but I'm expecting a 2, 3 hour quest with solo dungeons amped up with a thousand adds and some new skins for gear and mobs.

NW has so much potential and is so much not living up to it.

Sadly this may be true. I think one thing that could help is an addition to their website where you could search foundries and get more info about specific foundries. There could be one i dont know about. Just think how much dlc's cost and there is all this untapped free foundry content.