What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tempted to get HON

Comments

• Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As one of the best CWs on the Dragon server, my advice would be to stay away from it. I didn't purchase it, and I'm glad. Spend a few dollars on a different mount and buy some AD to get started when you're level 60 if you really want to have the best experience, but overall I would say it's not worth it; the game becomes extremely boring in the end, and it is still so incredibly bugged. Most of the things in that pack are completely useless for endgame too. At this point the only thing left to do for me is to do a CN run once in a while. I'm sitting on 4 million AD with nothing much to do with it, bored after I log in most of the time. No point in trying to get there faster, and once you will be there your Founder stuff will be pointless.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd say give it a while and see if you still like the game in two weeks or so, then go for it.
    My own feelings on are rather torn, and for the last few weeks I've done nothing but log on to do my daily invocations and then call it a day - the Founder's Pack however IS the reason I still stick around, but not in the good sense, rather in the "I'll give my huge investment in this game another chance before writing it off completely".
    One of the things I do like about the pack is the bags, Neverwinter likes to give you tons of minor loot that you need to save up and eventually combine (enchantments and runestones) not to mention tons of potions.

As people have already said, they intend to make the Drow playable to everyone after a while - which makes the HoN pack for less exclusive than their advertisements would have you believe - who knows if you are patient enough the spider might follow too.
    Also keep in mind that the "limited time offer" isn't all that limited since it's been available for what, about six months now?
    It's akin to one of those advertisement scams that says "Congratulations, you are our 1.000.000th visitor! Click here now to claim your rewards!" - heck, the game is officially live and as far as I know there still isn't any deadline on becoming a "founder".
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks azahron and others! :)

I've heard that Cryptic has made items available for the in-game store in STO which was previously exclusive. Anyone know what that was?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    quadespressoquadespresso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My advice - buy the $60 pack. That gets you an epic mount and an epic companion for all your characters and one additional character slot, plus 600k AD (among other, less awesome things). I do not feel bad having spent the $60 on a game I've sunk at least a couple hundred hours into, and I've only withdrawn 200k of the 600k AD so far, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on the addition 1.4mil the $200 pack would get me.

just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I've heard that Cryptic has made items available for the in-game store in STO which was previously exclusive. Anyone know what that was?

I never played STO, so I can't help you there.
    I know that some other MMO's have made Collector's Edition upgrades available once the game was out for a while though (AKA all the in game stuff without the actual physical collectables) for a small fee.

...back on topic, anyone have any idea when Cryptic/PWE will stop selling the Founder's packs? I've been hearing rumors it is going to be very soon, but nothing confirmed.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Once they do decide to go for a deadline it'll be main page news and on the launcher - with probably a two weeks advance warning.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Once they do decide to go for a deadline it'll be main page news and on the launcher - with probably a two weeks advance warning.

LOL, thank you. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    the guardina pack is better money value wise if it is for the mount :P
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pelomixa wrote: »
    Good for you, you shouldn't regret anything you do. If you are unhappy I completely understand and respect your opinion. But keep in mind, we all have our own opinions, and deserve equal respect for those opinions.

SO show me where I disrespected anyones "opinion"? I simply stated mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My opinion:
    • The Menzoberranzan Renegade: pretty cool but Drow is incoming for everyone. Their abilities might not be as good. I really like having it now anyway. The missions of the race are pretty cool.
    • Spider Mount: Really nice. Little flashy though. You can Rank 3 mounts for around 900k AD though.
    • Panther: I found it "okay.
    • Gold Moonstone Regalia Set: Who really cares about fashion except for RPers? Nice as a bonus though. No need to spend Zen.
    • Dust of creation, Coffer of pyrotechnics, Robe of useless items: Vanity stuff, really, nothing to write home about.
    • VIP Game Access: When was the last time there was a queue?
    • Title: You see it.
    • Bag of holding: It's character-bound (as I recall) and you only get one 12 slots. You're far better buying the 1k zen one. Faaaar better.
    • Dungeon Master Unlock: Uh... Level 15 is easy as pie and you're already there.
    • PWE Games Gift Package: Pretty nice, especially for STO thought level 1-10 goes too fast to be able to appreciate it. And it's Fed-only.
    • Delzoun Treasure Box: Not there yet but seems nice.
    • Moonstone Regular: Vanity. If you want to RP there, you need to do with other Founders, which surely aren't that many. I find it useless.
    • Adventurer's helper pack: Same as zen store, useful.
    • Novella: Haven't read it but it's a nice bonus
    • Greycloak's Legacy: Makes the first levels far too easy
    • 2k Astral Diamonds: Around 60-70$ worth of zen
    • Slots: Pretty cool

I don't regret it. It really depends on what you need and what you can afford. I also got the Guardian pack but it feels just like a mini-version of the Hero of the North and the ring sucks. Might be a better value though if you'Re okay with the "vanilla" Drow.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My opinion:
    • The Menzoberranzan Renegade: pretty cool but Drow is incoming for everyone. Their abilities might not be as good. I really like having it now anyway. The missions of the race are pretty cool.
    • Spider Mount: Really nice. Little flashy though. You can Rank 3 mounts for around 900k AD though.
    • Panther: I found it "okay.
    • Gold Moonstone Regalia Set: Who really cares about fashion except for RPers? Nice as a bonus though. No need to spend Zen.
    • Dust of creation, Coffer of pyrotechnics, Robe of useless items: Vanity stuff, really, nothing to write home about.
    • VIP Game Access: When was the last time there was a queue?
    • Title: You see it.
    • Bag of holding: It's character-bound (as I recall) and you only get one 12 slots. You're far better buying the 1k zen one. Faaaar better.
    • Dungeon Master Unlock: Uh... Level 15 is easy as pie and you're already there.
    • PWE Games Gift Package: Pretty nice, especially for STO thought level 1-10 goes too fast to be able to appreciate it. And it's Fed-only.
    • Delzoun Treasure Box: Not there yet but seems nice.
    • Moonstone Regular: Vanity. If you want to RP there, you need to do with other Founders, which surely aren't that many. I find it useless.
    • Adventurer's helper pack: Same as zen store, useful.
    • Novella: Haven't read it but it's a nice bonus
    • Greycloak's Legacy: Makes the first levels far too easy
    • 2k Astral Diamonds: Around 60-70$ worth of zen
    • Slots: Pretty cool

I don't regret it. It really depends on what you need and what you can afford. I also got the Guardian pack but it feels just like a mini-version of the Hero of the North and the ring sucks. Might be a better value though if you'Re okay with the "vanilla" Drow.

Thanks for all of that! :)

Yeah, the big pulls for me are the exiled Drow race, account-bound mount, etc. And the 2m AD is at least shaving $60 off that $200, so I should be comparing $140 to the rest.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2560x1600 benchmarks in BF3, ultra settings. Notice the 7870 alone isn't doing so great at the bottom. Even with my 680 at 2560x1600, I can't run absolute highest settings in most games if I want buttery smooth framerates of 60+.

BF3_02.png

...back on topic, anyone have any idea when Cryptic/PWE will stop selling the Founder's packs? I've been hearing rumors it is going to be very soon, but nothing confirmed.

That looks about right LOL I feel that 9800 did better then this 7870 ati, But I thought I read that resolution does not effect FPS. Is that right?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As one of the best CWs on the Dragon server, my advice would be to stay away from it. I didn't purchase it, and I'm glad. Spend a few dollars on a mount that doesn't scream "I'm a dumbass" (the Spider) and buy some AD to get started when you're level 60 if you really want to have the best experience, but overall I would say it's not worth it; the game becomes extremely boring in the end, and it is still so incredibly bugged. Most of the things in that pack are completely useless for endgame too. At this point the only thing left to do for me is to do a CN run once in a while. I'm sitting on 4 million AD with nothing much to do with it, bored after I log in most of the time. No point in trying to get there faster, and once you will be there your Founder stuff will be pointless.

Liar! I am clearly the Best CW. And to prove it I'll show you my shinny badge *shows*
  • Options
    edited June 2013

STO has made all the Pre order items available except some weird bullet slinging thing. I think the gun was from Game stop pre order.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My opinion:

Did they actually confirm that the Drow they're going to release will be different from the ones in the HoN pack?
    If so, that's a pretty cool way of doing it.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    That looks about right LOL I feel that 9800 did better then this 7870 ati, But I thought I read that resolution does not effect FPS. Is that right?

It makes a huge difference. In regular 1920x1080 HD you're asking your card to push 2 million pixels to the screen for each frame. In 2560x1600 you're asking your card to push 4 million pixels to the screen for each frame. So it requires more raw pixel fill for starters, then the amount of textures, lighting, effects, etc. shown at a larger resolution are greater, so your graphics system (game engine, DirectX, video drivers, GPU) is having to render more.

Just look at any benchmark review out there that does the same cards and same games at different resolutions. That's why they test at multiple resolutions.
    azahron wrote: »
    Did they actually confirm that the Drow they're going to release will be different from the ones in the HoN pack?
    If so, that's a pretty cool way of doing it.

The drow in HotN are exiles. The ones supposedly coming to Neverwinter later are regular drow from what I've read so far. Is that correct?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It makes a huge difference. In regular 1920x1080 HD you're asking your card to push 2 million pixels to the screen for each frame. In 2560x1600 you're asking your card to push 4 million pixels to the screen for each frame. So it requires more raw pixel fill for starters, then the amount of textures, lighting, effects, etc. shown at a larger resolution are greater, so your graphics system (game engine, DirectX, video drivers, GPU) is having to render more.

Just look at any benchmark review out there that does the same cards and same games at different resolutions. That's why they test at multiple resolutions.

The drow in HotN are exiles. The ones supposedly coming to Neverwinter later are regular drow from what I've read so far. Is that correct?

Aww okay, I think I heard this from a youtuber talking tech about 3770 vs AMD 8core newer one forgot the numbers and they were using two different resolutions and said it didn't matter. :O
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irrelevant to the op, but 3770k, and the recently released haswell 4770k beat out the 8350 in single threaded performance

the youtuber you watched was probably playing a gpu bound game which isnt an accurate benchmark for the cpu.. lol

resolution changes are dependent on the gpu and you're listing cpu's
  • Options
    vibraxusvibraxus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. If you want a mount just buy the nightmare mount off the AH.
    2. Priority Que does not mean squat anymore as well because of the massive decline in population.
    3. The Drow will be out soon because it has been over sixty days since launch.

That is my reason why.

If Im reading the HoN description correctly, the Drow you get access to is a special one exclusive to the HoN. So even when Drow goes live in/or about 60 days, you still cant use the special Renegade.

Unless ofcourse their "exclusive access" only means for 60 days, in which case its a ripoff...well just for the Drow access that is.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Liar! I am clearly the Best CW. And to prove it I'll show you my shinny badge *shows*

Yeah, I meant gearwise (13K GS), although I probably am skillwise too but we can't demonstrate that easily. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    irrelevant to the op, but 3770k, and the recently released haswell 4770k beat out the 8350 in single threaded performance

the youtuber you watched was probably playing a gpu bound game which isnt an accurate benchmark for the cpu.. lol

resolution changes are dependent on the gpu and you're listing cpu's

Thought it was all related, good to know it isn't.
  • Options
    surfaksurfak Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361541-Vanilla-Drow-timeline/page2

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?360981-Requesting-Dev-Clarification-Re-Drow/page2

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?353822-Drow-Race-question-%28to-Cryptic-Admins-Helpful-people-with-info%29/page3

ambisinisterr refers to the drow available to all players as the Vanilla Drow. There isn't much more info about it but he says more info will be posted when it becomes available.

My opinion is that the Renegade is always available to the $200 founders and will never disappear. They can make the Renegades well after the Vanilla Drow is released to the rest of us. None of us can play the renegade unless we buy the $200 pack as we will be limited to the Vanilla version only.

But hey that's just my observations.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh back on subject, the renegade drow has more tattoo options then the drow that will be released also if that interests you.
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    STO has made all the Pre order items available except some weird bullet slinging thing. I think the gun was from Game stop pre order.
    Yes but those were "unpaid-for" items according to Cryptic. When you pre-ordered, you got it free. Nevermind people who bought multiple copies to get the bonuses. They did that 4-5 months after release, thinking we had "enough exclusivity". Took me at least a year to simmer down..... *grumbles* I find it better with PW so far. The suits at Atari didn't understand what a MMO was and because of that, didn't get updates for around a year.

And oh yeah, the mounts in the packs are for each character, same as the Zen mounts, which is REALLY useful. The companions are account-wide too, which is AWESOME; Zen companions are not, something I hope will change in the future. I should've mentionned all that, it makes it worthwhile.

You seem pretty set. If you finances allow, go for it!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    surfak wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361541-Vanilla-Drow-timeline/page2

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?360981-Requesting-Dev-Clarification-Re-Drow/page2

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?353822-Drow-Race-question-%28to-Cryptic-Admins-Helpful-people-with-info%29/page3

ambisinisterr refers to the drow available to all players as the Vanilla Drow. There isn't much more info about it but he says more info will be posted when it becomes available.

My opinion is that the Renegade is always available to the $200 founders and will never disappear. They can make the Renegades well after the Vanilla Drow is released to the rest of us. None of us can play the renegade unless we buy the $200 pack as we will be limited to the Vanilla version only.

But hey that's just my observations.

Thanks! :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought SOMEONE would think that link is funny. Geez. Great movie though.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, my 2 cents ... actually my $200...

The Renegade Drow, Spider and Panther are unique and the devs stated they will remain exclusive to the pack. It does seem the Spider is one of the fastest mounts around and the panther really isn't that bad for a companion striker, it depends on your playstyle how useful that is.

The Drow's debuff is also pretty good, more so at later levels. But to be fair, Faery Fire is bugged, a Renegade Drow DC will debuff his own partymembers with it :(

Basically I paid 200bucks for some perks and cool looks, all the useful stuff you can also get in other ways, usually a bit cheaper too. It's a convenience pack and up to you if it's worth it.

edit: you also get an extra bag for each character. With strict inventory management you can do without a greater bag of holding of 20$ a piece.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I thought SOMEONE would think that link is funny. Geez. Great movie though.

Oh I did. :) It's just there's no "Like" system on these forums. It's one reason I really enjoy reading and posting on my guild's forums.
    yerune wrote: »
    The Renegade Drow, Spider and Panther are unique and the devs stated they will remain exclusive to the pack. It does seem the Spider is one of the fastest mounts around and the panther really isn't that bad for a companion striker, it depends on your playstyle how useful that is.

The Drow's debuff is also pretty good, more so at later levels. But to be fair, Faery Fire is bugged, a Renegade Drow DC will debuff his own partymembers with it :(

Basically I paid 200bucks for some perks and cool looks, all the useful stuff you can also get in other ways, usually a bit cheaper too. It's a convenience pack and up to you if it's worth it.

edit: you also get an extra bag for each character. With strict inventory management you can do without a greater bag of holding of 20$ a piece.

Thanks for the feedback on it! :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    200$ is a lot of beer.

There did that convince you not too? :D

Anyways I did buy the 60 $ pack but sorta regret it, though the horse and direwolf are nice.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    adhal81 wrote: »
    200$ is a lot of beer.

There did that convince you not too? :D

Anyways I did buy the 60 $ pack but sorta regret it, though the horse and direwolf are nice.

Meh, not a beer drinker. More of a hard liquor drinker. ;) But $200 is still a fair amount of the good stuff too, lol.

I'm not on a tight budget, so spending the $200 isn't a problem for me. I'll still have my other luxuries of a working man. It's making the decision to spend it.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png