What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are GWF's still a Dead class?

1235»

Comments

• gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    aierrs wrote: »
    Yes, shame on you. :) its call role playing. I would assume rogues in DnD to be scoundrels that most probably wouldn't take a lesson or 2 about language... That's what I meant too

Also, ya. GWF don't really read a lot too. I guess you are a CW then. Why the hell are you here!!

This is probably why they don't get into groups then. They just stand around wondering why they're not in a dungeon, instead of responding to all the LFGs in chat. :p
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully the new module 1 dungeons will not involve knocking mobs off into cliffs and chasm. I have high hopes because the dev mentioned the fights will be more about "knowing the mechanics" instead of just adding more and more HP and tons of adds.
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully the new module 1 dungeons will not involve knocking mobs off into cliffs and chasm. I have high hopes because the dev mentioned the fights will be more about "knowing the mechanics" instead of just adding more and more HP and tons of adds.

Knocking something off a cliff is a mechanic though. :(
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Non gwf here. 11.5 DC. I agree that gwf is the last character I will bring. A TR does more damage usually and can smokebomb, and pull well. Cw and cleric is a necessity obviously, then a gf, leaving one slot that any other class that can compete as a dupe class with the gwf.

This may just me being uneducated, but it doesn't seem like the gwf brings a lot more survive ability to the group, but another dupe class can add damage and surviveability.
  • elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    Non gwf here. 11.5 DC. I agree that gwf is the last character I will bring. A TR does more damage usually and can smokebomb, and pull well. Cw and cleric is a necessity obviously, then a gf, leaving one slot that any other class that can compete as a dupe class with the gwf.

This may just me being uneducated, but it doesn't seem like the gwf brings a lot more survive ability to the group, but another dupe class can add damage and surviveability.

Pretty much this, having GWF in party is still a handicap. Hopefully devs will do something about it and one day we will see "LF GWF to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> last spot" in zone chat.
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont know that it is a handicap. I like some of the gwf's in my guild and do content with them often with no issues, but I have never heard anyone say let's get a gwf for our 5th. If we get one it's because someone is in team speak or a guildie wants in the group and any class can come.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Common knowledge is wrong we have end game geared GWF and they top the damage meter's now, GWF's are becoming more desired in groups than TR's, it just takes awhile for the community to realise and the player's to adapt to new build's.

GWF + TR > 2 x TR .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Pushing mobs off the cliffs was intended and keeping this in mind might as well be called a game mechanic . So I won't get my hopes too high you know :P
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
    edited July 2013
    The current content design is forgiving enough to not call to need any of the trinity rolls. You could replace just about any class with any other class and a group would still be viable; it is merely a question of optimization. That being the case, the GWF is generally considered a bit of a hybrid class, which in a MMO with stricter content, would be a great boon for a party. Unfortunately, in this game's enviroment it merely accentuates how the class is not really specialized to excell at any specific function.