Install Arc
Options

Surprise!

Comments

• Options
    lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Surprise! More pointless whining in the forums!

Surprise! More pointless whining in the forums, about pointless whining in the forums! :rolleyes:

You can keep your pants, I'm off for a little Defiance and Firefall action, while I wait for the dust to settle around here.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is broken.
    How is it broken?
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is guild only. (in a guild btw just sucks for the majority of the player base.)
    This was already known, so it is no surprise.
    Surprise! The bone vendor is gone.
    The event was known to be over at the update. As such, this was to be expected.
    Surprise! More garbage placed on the zen store instead of fixes.
    One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
    Surprise! No level 60 content for the majority of folks at live launch, not actually a surprise, still.
    Gauntlgrym. Not being in a guild is easily fixed, so nothing is stopping any 60 level from participating.
    Surprise! No mass influx of new folks, where's the peeps!
    You don't have access to the related data, so this is pure speculation.
    Surprise! Companion books still not released. "This summer" doesn't cut it.
    It cuts it for me. This summer isn't far off.
    Surprise! Anyone expect any more from cryptic at this amazing Live Launch!
    I expected what they announced. I got it.
    *Chuckle*
    This is a laughable complaint post to be sure.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Game all broke... Game not fun... Game is doomed... Why are you still here posting?

eeyore.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Game all broke... Game not fun... Game is doomed... Why are you still here posting?

Posting about how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the game, is far more fun than playing the game itself.
  • Options
    poisonyann1poisonyann1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No suprises here, just some people who can't read that decided to complain about what they didn't bother to read about in the first place. Typical internet
    ;) Check out Malabog's Defense, my first good-length foundy : NW-DOPJBTXO9 :cool:
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lurchusa wrote: »
    Posting about how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the game, is far more fun than playing the game itself.

Isn't there another game's forum that you could be excited about playing that you could be posting on?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    benialahabenialaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I REALLLLYYYYY hoped for a new class, and I'm afraid to start a new class of the existing ones as non of them excites me, I've been playing ranger characters since the very beginning of every freacking mmo I ever played whenever i have the chance, and now they announce moon / sun elves, not even drows? i mean....c'mon w/e i just play Skyrim.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lurchusa wrote: »
    Surprise! More pointless whining in the forums, about pointless whining in the forums! :rolleyes:

You can keep your pants, I'm off for a little Defiance and Firefall action, while I wait for the dust to settle around here.

Surprise! A pointless whining forum dweller doesn't recognize what pointless whining is!

I shall keep my pants, sir, and produce many, many pairs for my fellow citizens of Neverwinter. Huzzah!
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is guild only. (in a guild btw just sucks for the majority of the player base.)
    Surprise! No level 60 content for the majority of folks at live launch, not actually a surprise, still.

*Chuckle*

I will answer to that with my usual mantra: What can you expect from F2P?
    After playing many F2P games I am not surprised by anything anymore.
    No. Actually, they caught me by surprise by crashing my client after the PORTALS HAVE CLOSED.
    And not letting people play content is unique.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They haven't officially confirmed anything about classes. The only "confirmations" is what they said they are releasing. Chances are there is at least one if not two new classes coming with module 1. They just aren't confirming it yet. :p

I would hope that we actually get the class(es) before module 1. Since they mentioned a class in the state of the game, but didn't bother to mention it at all at http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild Not even a notice of more stuff to be revealed later or anything. Admittedly that is probably wishful thinking on my part. Looks good either way. My biggest complaint is that its not here yet. That's generally a good sign I think.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I swear to Selune, if one more person says Surprise!...
    Machine_gun_cat.gif
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dev Andy Velasquez stated "Launch" would be with 8 races and 7 classes. In open beta vanilla drow were promised 60 days after Hero of the North Drow were introduced.(Not 60 days after launch)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dev Andy Velasquez stated "Launch" would be with 8 races and 7 classes. In open beta vanilla drow were promised 60 days after Hero of the North Drow were introduced.(Not 60 days after launch)

I am pretty sure it was started that HotN purchases woudl have exclusive access to Drow for AT LEAST 60 days.....
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Never saw that about the Drow. Heard it asked many times if it was 60 days after open beta launch or 60 days after live launch. Was never answered by anyone that knew. Now they are saying 60 days after live.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the item mall, leader can still kick grp and steal loot in dungeons.
    Forced guilding but I can't unbind a companion.
    Forced PvP but several of my CW feats simply do not work.

Seems legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'd love a link to this. Pretty sure I read it before, along with plenty of other teasing about new classes coming "very soon" and such as that. I feel like they're just using that as a carrot on a stick to keep people playing, and even suspect they aren't really even working on a new class or else they'd have wanted us to beta test it since "balance" is the holy grail in MMO games apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    T1 players cannot complete any T2 dungeons in pug or with any other T1 only players.
    Most of pug are using exploit or unrealistic tactic to win because several bosses design are so bad.

So instead of making sure that any T1 player can complete a T2 dungeon.. they've released this broken thing.
    Sadly I knew it would be a mess.. didn't have to wait long before seeing the first post in the forum..
    How the hell did you manage to not see all those problem that players experienced after few hours ?

CW feats are broken but they released a nice new pet... that nobody requested.

Anyway, as long as they have people who 're paying and buying things with ZEN.. why should they change anything ?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Never saw that about the Drow. Heard it asked many times if it was 60 days after open beta launch or 60 days after live launch. Was never answered by anyone that knew. Now they are saying 60 days after live.

It's in the Extended FAQ and has been there since February 14, 2013. (Took it out of the logs)
    Here is the exact quote as it originally appeared:
    What are the specifics surrounding the "exclusivity" of the Menzo-Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Founder's Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special pet will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be exclusive for at least first 60 days after [+launch, - release]. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.

Officially launch is today. They haven't confirmed whether they will start the timer April 30 or today but it has always been stated to be available at least 60 days after launch.

Players are confusing player rumors with official comments. If they can find them I'd be glad to send it to the devs as a "you broke your promise!" comment but I read just about every news article on and off site. No official comments I saw were made which contradicted the FAQ.

The devs have also been pretty firm on the "Five Classes at Launch" statements at least since last August. There may have been a time when it was seven but it has been five for an age now.
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

*Chuckle*
    Yup.

I've spent $90 thus far on this game. I won't spend any more until the devs get on the ball.

But perhaps...that's all they were looking to get...just a a few players who spend $60-$200 and nothing more. Perhaps that's their business model?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Officially launch is today. They haven't confirmed whether they will start the timer April 30 or today but it has always been stated to be available at least 60 days after launch.

Again, someone posted on the Neverwinter twitter it was 60 days from today's launch. If they devs haven't confirmed this, why is it there?
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The implication of the FAQ is...not clear actually.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Again, someone posted on the Neverwinter twitter it was 60 days from today's launch. If they devs haven't confirmed this, why is it there?

Then there is the confirmation. I was told that wasn't being confirmed yet.
    FYI - I hadn't been officially informed one way or another either until then.

However even there the quote is "Drow is available at least 60 days after our live launch today. We'll announce when they're available for non-Founders."

'Launch' is the key word. While the players and even myself had reffered to the Open Beta as a 'soft launch' no Cryptic employee has. And that's the key. They view today as the launch and never said anything to hint otherwise. Players did. :)

tahera1 wrote: »
    The implication of the FAQ is clearly that the race would be available at launch, and would be exclusive to HotN for 60 days after that. They further imply they are going to re-work the textures on it and then once that's done release that plain version to the public as a playable race. There's no time frame given for that second part, but the implication of the first part is very clear.

May I ask how when the quote is "at least 60 days after launch?" not "for launch?"
  • Options
    bearwhale1bearwhale1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found a reference to a Ranger class:

"On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one."

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I changed my comment due to misreading it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bearwhale1 wrote: »
    Found a reference to a Ranger class:

"On top of that, we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one."

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

I can see how that's a bit misleading since it's in the same paragraph as Gauntelgrym but one half is actually speaking about Gauntelgrym and Launch and the other is speaking about other content to come, most if not all with Module 1.
    Of course, fixing issues isn’t the only thing we’re doing. We’ve got a lot of new content in the works that we definitely feel will take Neverwinter to the next level. Right now, we’re putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks.
    On top of that, we've also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a "ranged" one. So, while our engineers, testers, and other team members are addressing maintenance, upkeep, bugs, and network issues, our content creators and artists are working on lots of new things for the game.

Definitely a bit misleading but not really something direct. In fact none of it, not even Gauntelgrym, was stated to be in launch at that point.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm surprised I'm still playing this game and that I played it for 2 months straight, with all the bugs, exploits / exploiters, lack of content, and botters running wild. I'm surprised Cryptic is still a video game development company making MMOs after all of their flops in the past and now, with Neverwinter. I'm surprised people actually paid hundreds of dollars to PWE for this craptastic game with no customer service reps and no GMs. Surprises all around!
  • Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nah, most of the pugs end up going for cheese not because everybody wants to, but that darned 5th player always insists. (ie. cleric) And as doing it correctly can only get you a chance for 1 item a day even if you play casual in 4 hr intervals; I've done pirate king so many times now just to sell that bound ring instead of getting the gear that's listed in the ID tag. I like the idea of "bonus", but it shouldn't be the only way to get the gear sets. Instead I'm rolling new characters for the lower level dailies so that I can buy things of the AH.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So you need to be part of the Red Wizards of Thay or the Thieves Guild or something?...........
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can see how that's a bit misleading since it's in the same paragraph as Gauntelgrym but one half is actually speaking about Gauntelgrym and Launch and the other is speaking about other content to come, most if not all with Module 1.

Definitely a bit misleading but not really something direct. In fact none of it, not even Gauntelgrym, was stated to be in launch at that point.

There's nothing on the Module 1 page about new classes. So you probably shouldn't get peoples' hopes up by implying there will be new classes in it. Heroes of the Feywild classes shouldn't be released until two player handbooks, several power books, and a heroes book down the road. Rangers would definitely fit into it though. So would Druids. There's also a couple of Fey Pact Warlock builds. And the Shaman/Warden/Seeker. However, like I said, there's no mention of new classes in Module 1, so I'm not expecting it, because in my experience so far the devs will hype up any new content months before they actually release it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yea...and what was the bullcrap "clue" page they kept posting with the woods in the background and the mysterious quotes about them coming bla bla bla...Do they actually think we will follow that green page for the next year wondering??