test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Surprise!

possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Surprise! Gauntlgrym is broken.
Surprise! Gauntlgrym is guild only. (in a guild btw just sucks for the majority of the player base.)
Surprise! The bone vendor is gone.
Surprise! More garbage placed on the zen store instead of fixes.
Surprise! No level 60 content for the majority of folks at live launch, not actually a surprise, still.
Surprise! No mass influx of new folks, where's the peeps!
Surprise! Companion books still not released. "This summer" doesn't cut it.
Surprise! Anyone expect any more from cryptic at this amazing Live Launch!

*Chuckle*
There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
Post edited by possum440 on

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise! Still no new classes! We promise we'll give them to you in another 60 days even though we promised two months ago it would be today. Oh wait, sorry, we just lied again. No new classes in Module 1 either. Maybe in another four months if we feel like it you'll get one additional class that has been included at the release of every D&D game ever made for about 20 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is guild only. Didn't expect that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jamesakinzzjamesakinzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This sucks :/
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Surprise! Still no new classes! We promise we'll give them to you in another 60 days even though we promised two months ago it would be today. Oh wait, sorry, we just lied again. No new classes in Module 1 either. Maybe in another four months if we feel like it you'll get one additional class that has been included at the release of every D&D game ever made for about 20 years.

I want to see one of these so called promises that the Devs made about classes being added.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »

Looks like I won't be doing Gauntlgrym.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When were new classes promised at launch?
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise! More pointless whining in the forums!

Ahhhh, nothing to see here. I shall return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    damarinasaidamarinasai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah you, Cryptic!
    Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot.
  • Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is this? There was no classes promised at launch.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I expected all of these. Didn't expect Gaunt to be quite as broken though.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    morph2404morph2404 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's like Cryptic is taking pages out of Hamerfail Interactives book. :(
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got a gauntlchuckle out of this.
  • Options
    grouchy0grouchy0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Already looking for another game to play
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is broken.
    Surprise! Gauntlgrym is guild only. (in a guild btw just sucks for the majority of the player base.)
    Surprise! The bone vendor is gone.
    Surprise! More garbage placed on the zen store instead of fixes.
    Surprise! No level 60 content for the majority of folks at live launch, not actually a surprise, still.
    Surprise! No mass influx of new folks, where's the peeps!
    Surprise! Companion books still not released. "This summer" doesn't cut it.
    Surprise! Anyone expect any more from cryptic at this amazing Live Launch!

*Chuckle*

I think you might of set yourself up for disaster. Your expectations are too high. Are you new to Neverwinter? If you are disregard.
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    New class was promised AFTER launch, not AT launch.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    None of these are a surprise. Especially the guild only bit. Though from what I'm hearing Gaunt is so broke that I'm not going to bother making a fake guild to queue.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013

People have been complaining about that on the forums ever since they released their "details about Gaunt" news article. Couple weeks, maybe?
  • Options
    alemap000alemap000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cracking up - wait! Craft robes! Lovely breezes...
  • Options
    angelofdark3angelofdark3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    <No Profanity or Memes Please>
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they never gave a specific date for when new classes would be released, but they did say "very soon" a month ago, and most people assumed that meant at Launch since that was the next big update. I mean, seriously, launching a D&D game with a fighter, a fighter, a rogue, a cleric who thinks he's a wizard, and a wizard? Ranger should have been included at launch at the very least. Now it is officially confirmed that it won't even be in Module 1. So I highly doubt we even get a new class this year. They shouldn't even have hyped up either event if all we get out of them both are re-skinned elves, a new location or two, and a guild-only dungeon. We're going to have four different types of elves, and not a ranger among them. Sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »

Ahhhh, nothing to see here. I shall return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.

Just don't try to craft any Alchemy with the gateway because, Surprise! it's not there :/
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grouchy0 wrote: »
    Already looking for another game to play

August 2nd... all will be revealed.....
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Just don't try to craft any Alchemy with the gateway because, Surprise! it's not there :/

Indeed. However, the cancel task button now works.

As it is my specialty, unless there is a potion mixed which can produce pants, I shall have to continue to do so old school.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Gauntelgrym has been stated to be guilds basically since the state of the game.
    They really didn't hide that. I had hoped to set up a guild before today just because of that but timing/organisation has been rough.
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Ranger should have been included at launch at the very least. Now it is officially confirmed that it won't even be in Module 1. So I highly doubt we even get a new class this year.

They haven't officially confirmed anything about classes. The only "confirmations" is what they said they are releasing. Chances are there is at least one if not two new classes coming with module 1. They just aren't confirming it yet. :p
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main surprise will be if this game actually makes it to module 1 lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Gauntelgrym has been stated to be guilds basically since the state of the game.

They haven't officially confirmed anything about classes. The only "confirmations" is what they said they are releasing. Chances are there is at least one if not two new classes coming with module 1. They just aren't confirming it yet. :p

This annoys me. If you aren't going to confirm anything, don't get our hopes up. Devs keep saying "New class! Very soon!" then after we wait two months for the next major update to be disappointed they're like "Hey now! We didn't promise anything!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Not sure why not, it was on the forum several days ago.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »

Oooo and there I was thinking that I was the only one , hopefully Alchemy has a pant equivalent I can use.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here's an example for you guys, in case you don't understand the frustrations a lot of us have regarding the lack of new classes at launch. Say I went around hyping up a certain date, saying there would be lots of surprises in store for that day. Then I also go around promising to give people something they are demanding "very soon" at the same time. They will of course begin to suspect they'll get that something on that date I keep hyping up. When that date comes, and I give them a pair of socks that's way too big for their feet, when I had been screaming about handing out something more practical, well, they aren't going to be grateful for the pair of socks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kojimei1212kojimei1212 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surprise! This game is a flash in the pan, they made their $ quota within the first month with zen purchases (maybe even AD purchases from farmer sites, who knows). In the millions of $!!
    Surprise! They're (Cryptic/PWE) is surprised u m'&!?*^% ERS' are still playing, they were expecting to go on to the next ripoff already.
    Surprise! Rift is f2p, "cash items" cost less there by a HUGE MARGIN! Respec costs in game gold .. odd!??
    Surprise! NW soft launch a couple months before Rift going F2P, Zen store opens with soft launch/beta w/e... weird!
    Surprise! Why are u all surprised?
    Surprise! Subscription>f2fail models