test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP has become a laughable spectacle.

12346»

Comments

• mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    LEL.

This^

so why dont you tell us what class u play?
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    mickwan wrote: »
    so why dont you tell us what class u play?

d.) all of the above.

So don't tell me this or that class is OP.

but then again, I always hated pvping with cleric. but then again...when I play cleric my goal is not to get top kills.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all, thanks for the PvP feedback! We're continually working to make PvP feel more balanced for all classes. Your feedback is very helpful!

What feedback? This?

"Its a game and every person who plays which ever class they play wants an even chance to play equally in pvp. "

"Haha people talking about "skill" as if it's even relevant in a game where stunlocking is easy and there's no counters to such attacks."

"Played correctly they have insane survivability and damage, which is just flat broken."

"I've face few TR that just pwn me with impact shot while stealth "

"clerics and wizards do tend to both be at the bottom of PvP scoring "

It's all nonsense. Just ignorant whining, hoping a nerf to every other class will make them somehow better players.

The thing is, it's the (very) vocal minority that keeps demanding nerfs, but it's about every other class but the DC. EVERY class is considered OP by one group of whiners or another. And while many players share tactics and counters, the raging just continues...

and then the devs come in a drop a line they heard 'us' and will take it into account...
    that worries me.

I'm not saying things don't need to be tweaked, but in all fairness, if the devs had to come up with a practical solution that would comply with all demands of the nerf-whiners, we'd all be running around with the same toon, carrying a wooden stick and a bad temper.

I realize many complainers don't want to hear a large part of their problem is fixed by learning to play, but I'll give another piece of advice; learn to read.

All the tactics and counters are there, if you don't want to read...than it's your own problem. Stop irritating the rest of us with crocodile tears and false accusations.
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is not the issue here folks.

The issue is the faceroll perma CC to death.

yea pretty much with my DC I get CCed to death and I can't even heal myself for period of time, because CC stacks on me.

So all in all the perma CC need to go. this is lame to QQ on other classes skills. Guild Wars has the best pvp system, why not making one for this game?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So today thought id be up for some more punishment.

First PVP match.

Game starts and an opposition GWF starts trolling 2mins in. 2 GWF on opposition team. 2 CW on my team. Get steamrolled.

2.5mins into match we get the first leaver GG.

How much fun is Gaunt going to be with GF and GWF steamrolling throw in some Permastealth rogues

and thanks to your DC nerfs and CW nerfs. Wears cloth low dps FTW.

I understand balancing isn't easy but do you have to get it so wrong.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    OverpoweredGmod.jpg

DUH :mad:

TL;DR

Look, this is a good game, and I am tired of freebs coming on to this shop and bashing Cryptic. Enchantments are not OP, because you can get them easy with a job. You are not Entitled to everything just because you are ALLOWED to play for free. Cryptic is a business and they need to make MONEY, as this is not 200+ years ago slavery time. I am tired of Cryptic bashers that come on here and incest on making a sink to try and damage a good company that makes good game wiht good money systems.

This game is not pay to win. Learn2play. Working as intended. Get a life.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR140HX51Hfjoa6ChHwlRQYzEXDTeS1pfHO4od3v05nR4LV_Ahn

Will there be any more of these events? Or will those of us continue to be at some sort of disadvantage for missing this event?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    TL;DR

Look, this is a good game, and I am tired of freebs coming on to this shop and bashing Cryptic. Enchantments are not OP, because you can get them easy with a job. You are not Entitled to everything just because you are ALLOWED to play for free. Cryptic is a business and they need to make MONEY, as this is not 200+ years ago slavery time. I am tired of Cryptic bashers that come on here and incest on making a sink to try and damage a good company that makes good game wiht good money systems.

This game is not pay to win. Learn2play. Working as intended. Get a life.

How much are they paying you buddy. All your posts are I am so in love with Cryptic.

Edit: We should start a lottery to see how many times you say "this is not Pay2win" in all the threads you post in. Greater Tenes You Pay You Win. How is a Tank based GWF speccd for low damage able to own. Tenes my friend tenes.

Here are a few of your best quotes lol
    I probably love this game and company and will do and pay whatever they say.
    I personally see the same number of players playing this game now as I personally saw playing WoW at the height of its popularity.
    Sometimes people try to hurt the feelings of cryptic because they are heartless.
    This game is not pay2win. Learn2play. Working as intended.
    A company like cryptic can not be perfect all the time. Even perfect companies like cryptic have to make balance changes. Read the EU you signed when you first ployed the game.
    The pvp in this game is perfect and balanced as any I have played and just gets better with every patch. Anyone who disagreased is just a hater trying to troll a good company.
    Pvp is perfect in this game

Learn2play.

Stop trying to bash Cryptic, because they gave us this good game to play FOR FREE!.
    PVP is perfect. Learn2play. Become wise in the wisdom of other cultures and maybe you will not be such entitlement babies that believe a good company should give you everything for free.

Get a room
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    How much are they paying you buddy. All your posts are Me so in love with Cryptic.

Edit: We should start a lottery to see how many times you say "this is not Pay2win" in all the threads you post in. Greater Tenes You Pay You Win. How is a Tank based GWF speccd for low damage able to own. Tenes my friend tenes.

TL;DR

It is just that when I know a game is good that I just feel like I need to defend it against words of harm that a forum can bring to an otherwise perfect game. This game is not pay2win, as I have said before. Anything that might be overpowered, like tenes, can be gotten from just playing the game and then paying a little money, which is more of a learn2play issue because it is really easy to get a job. I just can not stand to see a good company that makes a good game with good money systems not respected because of all the good they are doing. Cryptic is a BUSINESS and they need to make money, so they can not give you EVERYTHING for free. It is just disheartening to see all the freebs in here crying about balance this and pay that and perma stealth my tenes. We should all just sit down and respect a good company for what they do. I have actually developed a schedule for how I play this game, because it is so good, which I plan on following for the foreseeable future. We need games like this that revolutionize the MMO world and make life better for all of us. There is nothing wrong with having faster mounts in pvp because the increase is so slight that it is only a learn2play issue. Cryptic has made a great game here and I am just tired of trolls coming into the forums trying to destroy a great game. Some people even quit playing the game, uninstall it and come to the forums just to pretend to be fanboys of the game for fun as well as trying to send the game into ruin. At this point almost no one is reading this anymore. Some people come to the forum pretending to be fanbois for fun and the ruination of the game wink. I post in this forum because I believe in the spirit of this great game and its D&D roots. I thought you had already figured out my motivation from your previous reply to my posts. I obviously love this game and I believe balance is perfect. It is also worth mentioning that this game takes up very little space for a modern game. When I look to see how much space it is taking up, it almost appears that it is taking up no space at all. Sure, a lot of people just do not understand how the world works. There are businesses that need to MAKE MONEY, they are not your slaves and we, as wise human beings, need to stop feeling entitled to every little thing and understand that the company needs to make money. I am sorry if I come off as a huge muscular man that has feared you, but I just want this great game to succeed and I will stand up for justice when I see that it is needed. So now that that is cleared up I hope that we can all agree and understand the well intentions with this game.

• damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

Wall of text crit me for 38k and now I'm blind and can't see.
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Wall of text crit me for 38k and now I'm blind and can't see.

TL;DR

P.S. I am so sorry. Working as intended.
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Your troll spotting skills -1

TL;DR

edited June 2013
    tl%20dr.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1274214879433
    edited June 2013
    shod24 wrote: »
    So, i guess you are a CW, prub to play with a DC and later come here and tell us. You ll never come back to play pvp.

But you are right, gwf and gf are the best classes now for pvp, later cw and finally rogue(this two are better now than before). Dc now, is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Umm how is CW better post patch. They broke the renegade tree, they nerfed rays and damage within 20ft. The class has more broken gear and feats than any other class. Seeing everyone else got a buff we got hosed.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

It is just that when I know a game is good that I just feel like I need to defend it against words of harm that a forum can bring to an otherwise perfect game. This game is not pay2win, as I have said before. Anything that might be overpowered, like tenes, can be gotten from just playing the game and then paying a little money, which is more of a learn2play issue because it is really easy to get a job. I just can not stand to see a good company that makes a good game with good money systems not respected because of all the good they are doing. Cryptic is a BUSINESS and they need to make money, so they can not give you EVERYTHING for free. It is just disheartening to see all the freebs in here crying about balance this and pay that and perma stealth my tenes. We should all just sit down and respect a good company for what they do. I have actually developed a schedule for how I play this game, because it is so good, which I plan on following for the foreseeable future. We need games like this that revolutionize the MMO world and make life better for all of us. There is nothing wrong with having faster mounts in pvp because the increase is so slight that it is only a learn2play issue. Cryptic has made a great game here and I am just tired of trolls coming into the forums trying to destroy a great game. Some people even quit playing the game, uninstall it and come to the forums just to pretend to be fanboys of the game for fun as well as trying to send the game into ruin. At this point almost no one is reading this anymore. Some people come to the forum pretending to be fanbois for fun and the ruination of the game wink. I post in this forum because I believe in the spirit of this great game and its D&D roots. I thought you had already figured out my motivation from your previous reply to my posts. I obviously love this game and I believe balance is perfect. It is also worth mentioning that this game takes up very little space for a modern game. When I look to see how much space it is taking up, it almost appears that it is taking up no space at all. Sure, a lot of people just do not understand how the world works. There are businesses that need to MAKE MONEY, they are not your slaves and we, as wise human beings, need to stop feeling entitled to every little thing and understand that the company needs to make money. I am sorry if I come off as a huge muscular man that has feared you, but I just want this great game to succeed and I will stand up for justice when I see that it is needed. So now that that is cleared up I hope that we can all agree and understand the well intentions with this game.

HOLY $HIT!!

Assembly the Team, it's go time, (any an all arguments/opinions) need to be placed on hold until we combine are efforts to conquer this wall of text. If the Berlin Wall can be torn down, then clearly we as players from different nationalities can work together to tare this wall down too.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

Paragraphs are your friend. Do you even Shift, Bro?
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Paragraphs are your friend. Do you even Shift, Bro?

TL;DR

This game is not pay2win. Quit crying because my permastealth tenes pwnt you. Learn2play. Working as intended.
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

This game is not pay2win. Quit crying because my permastealth tenes pwnt you. Learn2play. Working as intended.

One note troll has one troll.
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    One note troll has one troll.

TL;DR

I find it deeply concerning that some players have issues with monster balance in this game. It was never my desire to hurt you baby. However, your inability to deal with the troll monsters subclass in this game is only further proof that your issues in this game are completely learn2play.

In the future, if you have any concerns on how to excel at this game, you should try posting in the gameplay section. The community there is actually quite nice, as long as you do not bring up your absurd theories about how this game is pay to win.

I have nothing butt respect for the posters here. I only wish to help you, as documented by my direct and sincere attempts to help you in your issues with dealing with permastealth tene users in pvp. So let me state my humble apology for your misunderstanding of my kinda and helpful desires. I believe we can now be true friendship.

Dearly yours,

Preggers.
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

I find it deeply concerning that some players have issues with monster balance in this game. It was never my desire to hurt you baby. However, your inability to deal with the troll monsters subclass in this game is only further proof that your issues in this game are completely learn2play.

In the future, if you have any concerns on how to excel at this game, you should try posting in the gameplay section. The community there is actually quite nice, as long as you do not bring up your absurd theories about how this game is pay to win.

I have nothing butt respect for the posters here. I only wish to help you, as documented by my direct and sincere attempts to help you in your issues with dealing with permastealth tene users in pvp. So let me state my humble apology for your misunderstanding of my kinda and helpful desires. I believe we can now be true friendship.

Dearly yours,

Preggers.

Nice use of paragraphs! I applaud your attempts to vary your troll as well. It was better than Cats, I'd read it again.
    edited June 2013
    funny-gif-bunny-chasing-cat.gif
  • al3xdentonal3xdenton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tonyg99 wrote: »
    Coming from another CW perspective, I definitely wouldn't say we are underpowered by any means. Good GF's and especially GWF's can be tricky especially with specials up after you've recently used yours, with the temp hitpoints and CC immunity, but they are by no means unkillable, and if you are able to adapt and learn from your previous deaths to them can often be very fun duels.

But the whole getting 1 shot from a stealthed TR (been crit for 26k whilst being on full health (22k)) with a special whilst your trying to cap a node is very frustrating.
    Getting killed at range from a stealthed TR 100 to 0 is also infuriating.
    I also think that their AoE disable should have its length reduced, or your dodge mechanics shouldn't be locked out during this time as it is usually more than enough time to finish a squishy class off, especially with others assisting.

Just some tweaks I would like to see for them, I'm more than ok dying in PvP, and theyre are definitely tweaks I would agree to for CW's but having a lot of unavoidable, defenseless deaths is annoying. A resilience kind of mechanic for the game would be great, overall damage nerf'd, maybe specials damage nerf'd. Like someone else posted, if i want to have unavoidable 1 shot deaths, I'll turn on my XBOX and play CoD.

(And DC's.... enough said)

That's also my opinion as a CW.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I read a little bit of this thread. Honestly it sounds like a bunch of 10 year olds talking about how their daddy (class) is better than the others. People will always figure out how to beat you. When two people are really good at it go 1v1 it is usually who is better that wins. Same with dungeons, same with pvp. I was a sucky GF for a while so I was the wall for my team and let the others jump whoever I was fighting. Now I have gear and a good build, so I can jump other players and usually win if they are half health. I don't think many of you pvp with a buddy system. If all you do is 1v1, you probably lose as a team.

That is why they say there is no I in team.. I've murdered a team with a Timeless geared out the *** GF and a GWF that everyone says is God like OP with good teamwork. It's called adversity, deal with it and get better. When you get on here and ***** and moan that is time in our days you could have saved, and maybe some time you could have gotten better.

As long as buffs/nerfs are PVP AND PVE related there will always be unbalances. It is as simple as that. Get better.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tried playing again once i hit 60 and had all rare items just under 9k gs and as a divine cleric PvP is pointless can't heal over the tons of damage that's getting thrown about, can't do any damage and you drop within a matter of seconds often getting one move off because of the countless stuns and holds no DR on the CC seriously when are they going to address this. Its like all other class are decent in PvP but cleric is just bad no fun playing the respawn game.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Tried playing again once i hit 60 and had all rare items just under 9k gs and as a divine cleric PvP is pointless can't heal over the tons of damage that's getting thrown about, can't do any damage and you drop within a matter of seconds often getting one move off because of the countless stuns and holds no DR on the CC seriously when are they going to address this. Its like all other class are decent in PvP but cleric is just bad no fun playing the respawn game.

Yeah I got yelled at for "not healing" even though I was laying down AS as able. And also divine FF. Problem was my team was all over the place and when I went anywhere I was dead within seconds which really makes it hard to regain divine power. Or to heal. I didn't let it bother me too much since I admit I'm no hardcore PvPer I'm just there for my daily tasks and do the best I can. I think some people are overestimating the heals "Cleric" in Neverwinter presently have especially against heavily geared opponents. If that's not good enough for some I'm surely not going to let it ruin my day. The funny thing was we were winning all through the match so not sure why the drama was needed.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

you are playing the weakest class in PvP with the lowest GS of about anyone in PvP except bots... you are just going to get murdered every single time you go in
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you are playing the weakest class in PvP with the lowest GS of about anyone in PvP except bots... you are just going to get murdered every single time you go in

Well I'm a fresh lvl 60 of courses I'm not going to have the best GS. So people should just not PvP when they hit 60 until how ever long it takes to get better gear with the way this game drops work isn't going to be anytime soon, considering I have done dungeons all the way to 60 and not had one single drop from a dungeon for my class they whole way through, except on DD.

Clerics need something to help them in PvP as its pointless even playing as it is atm and it can't just be me as there are a ton of posts regarding the uselessness of clerics in PvP.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

9k is low? And only bots have less? Ah yes, cool story bro. Guess I am a bot then with about 7k then.
    Well I'm a fresh lvl 60 of courses I'm not going to have the best GS. So people should just not PvP when they hit 60 until how ever long it takes to get better gear with the way this game drops work isn't going to be anytime soon, considering I have done dungeons all the way to 60 and not had one single drop from a dungeon for my class they whole way through, except on DD.

Clerics need something to help them in PvP as its pointless even playing as it is atm and it can't just be me as there are a ton of posts regarding the uselessness of clerics in PvP.

No people should start PvPing at 60 because its pretty safe way to get decent gear in a reasonable amount of time. If it is hopeless just leave if you are lucky you get into a game in which the enemy has either bots or is just as badly geared.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hellorco wrote: »
    I stopped at "has become" like it was ever something else.
    Took the words straight from my fingertips.