Feat
  • Options
    phrausphraus Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    with the coming changes?

The coming changes are published at the patchs thread, here:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=940711

Summary and comments for DCs:

Feats touched: Rising Hope (lets hope after the new patch it will do as it saids at its tooltip), and Healing Action; in theory it will finally affect HoTs. It was time.

Powers touched: Flame Strike & Daunting Light; cosmetic changes for tooltips, etc (now they show as fire and radiant damage respectively, I dont think any changes in the effects themselves)

Gear repaired: the tooltip of Miracle Healer adjusted to what it really does, probably we will see fewer ones than before, and Divine Emissary will not decrease the GS of your party anymore.

Finally, a note mentioning "Fixed a delay of some powers that granted temporary health actually granting that health". No idea if that one could affect DCs until try.

Not a great thing in my opinion, just a small percentage of the repairs yet badly needed; no scaling up or balancing at all to compensate any negative effects from the past patch.
  • Options
    mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    phraus wrote: »
    with the coming changes?

The coming changes are published at the patchs thread, here:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=940711

Summary and comments for DCs:

Feats touched: Rising Hope (lets hope after the new patch it will do as it saids at its tooltip), and Healing Action; in theory it will finally affect HoTs. It was time.

Powers touched: Flame Strike & Daunting Light; cosmetic changes for tooltips, etc (now they show as fire and radiant damage respectively, I dont think any changes in the effects themselves)

Gear repaired: the tooltip of Miracle Healer adjusted to what it really does, probably we will see fewer ones than before, and Divine Emissary will not decrease the GS of your party anymore.

Finally, a note mentioning "Fixed a delay of some powers that granted temporary health actually granting that health". No idea if that one could affect DCs until try.

Not a great thing in my opinion, just a small percentage of the repairs yet badly needed; no scaling up or balancing at all to compensate any negative effects from the past patch.

Feats touched: Rising Hope > even if it does actually affect all our heals it doesn't affect them enough. Too little...too late.

Powers touched: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> don't care fix the class instead of fixing cosmetics.

Gear repairs: lazy SOB's. instead of making it so it does what it's supposed to (tool-tip has been worded this way since early beta) they changed it so it's worded what it does. Which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Note mentioning: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. temp health would be worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if it could actually be useful, we don't give enough for it to be worth it.

Not a great thing in my opinion: I agree! It's a continued slap in the face for the playerbase. They won't listen until you all join the several hundred (or thousands?) of us that have already quit the game until they fix it. Speak with your actions people, then maybe they will listen.
  • Options
    rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Potions now give 40% less health to Divine Clerics. If this happens........
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • Options
    pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »

LOL. They had better cost atleast 40% less too.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »

oh, if the idea is to put the potions in line with the rest of DC abilities, that would cover to put them in line with righteousness, DPS, defense and movement....

But to put the potions in line with most DC feats, it would be: instead to add, as a sample, 8000 HP, they would add a 0.8% of your current base HP with a cap of the 50%

And if You prefer to put the potions in line with some DC powers, like Divine Glow, a potion used by a DC would decrease his/her HPs in 8000 instead to increase them.
  • Options
    chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Group healing sucks now, PUGing forget it. What is with the 50% less self healing? That makes no logical sense at all. Reminds me of heal vs repair for Warforge in DDO.

In my mind, it feels like those that are making the changes to the class are not listening to those who know how to play the class.

Moves like this, have healer minded players bailing, which is not good for any MMO.
    I always play the healer class, but this games healer class is by far the worst I have ever come across.

Game is excellent, Cleric class is junk.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I've come from a game with crappy healing mechanics and no this doesn't qualify as that however to nerf self healing in healing specs makes no sense to me at all. If you're a healer spec and you've built your class around that than it should also follow that all heals also heal you just as well as you heal others, they could easily put this into one or two of the traits that are required for high healing and lower DPS without breaking the game.

It's been done time and time again, this isn't a NEW mmo problem. Please be more like the corporations in other fields and use time honored adjustments to the classes with this combat style. It's still basic numbers it's still HoTs burst healing and traits are just like talent trees in that one has to go thru and choose certain ones in order to fill a role properly. The other thing one could do is change the traits so that certain ones will cause certain spells to suddenly self heal when cast.

Seriously this isn't a new problem at all and that's how it's been handled in the past. DPSers aren't going to choose those certain skills that are only useful for healing. If they don't offer a certain penalty for DPS builds add DPS dropping negatives to the traits that are solely used for healing specs so that pvpers can't exploit them. Don't take away the skills that give a temporary defense versus damage because every healer needs an "Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!" set of skills that prevents wipes.

The other problem I've noticed with the healing beams in this game is their lack of intelligence. They need to auto target the person in the middle of the group that has the lowest hitpoints, hands down, because the targeting in this game is very twitchy heals often miss their intended targets in groups.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've come from a game with crappy healing mechanics and no this doesn't qualify as that however to nerf self healing in healing specs makes no sense to me at all. If you're a healer spec and you've built your class around that than it should also follow that all heals also heal you just as well as you heal others, they could easily put this into one or two of the traits that are required for high healing and lower DPS without breaking the game.

It's been done time and time again, this isn't a NEW mmo problem. Please be more like the corporations in other fields and use time honored adjustments to the classes with this combat style. It's still basic numbers it's still HoTs burst healing and traits are just like talent trees in that one has to go thru and choose certain ones in order to fill a role properly. The other thing one could do is change the traits so that certain ones will cause certain spells to suddenly self heal when cast.

Seriously this isn't a new problem at all and that's how it's been handled in the past. DPSers aren't going to choose those certain skills that are only useful for healing. If they don't offer a certain penalty for DPS builds add DPS dropping negatives to the traits that are solely used for healing specs so that pvpers can't exploit them. Don't take away the skills that give a temporary defense versus damage because every healer needs an "Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!" set of skills that prevents wipes.

I don't think this is the answer. Those dps spec clerics also do relay on healing to increase their damage (cycle of change). The self heal debuff is what makes clerics use more potions then any other class (and this includes while questing). Take out that self heal debuff and they will use maybe a little less then other classes, but really healing potions are the best emergancy heal. No cleric spell can do that. No other class has a class feature that is a debuff!
    The other problem I've noticed with the healing beams in this game is their lack of intelligence. They need to auto target the person in the middle of the group that has the lowest hitpoints, hands down, because the targeting in this game is very twitchy heals often miss their intended targets in groups.

No just no.

Yes I miss targets occasionally, but usually you just have to move a little to target initially. It's not that hard to target accurately, just needs some practice.

No auto targeting thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
      I don't think this is the answer. Those dps spec clerics also do relay on healing to increase their damage (cycle of change). The self heal debuff is what makes clerics use more potions then any other class (and this includes while questing). Take out that self heal debuff and they will use maybe a little less then other classes, but really healing potions are the best emergancy heal. No cleric spell can do that. No other class has a class feature that is a debuff!

mmh.... There is not just DCs are debuffed and our own heals and debuffs are poor ...Sorry, have you seen the new healer pet? now, EVERY CLASS with the pet can debuff. And if the tooltip is not completely mistaken (as usual) it even heals MORE too than any DC
      • the minimum healing is 1,8% of Max health every 2 (two)(dos)(zwei) seconds,
      • plus DoT to target foe / heals allies near the target for 3.5% of their maximum health with every tick (7 seconds cooldown),
      • plus Foes are weakened and take 20% more damage

well, I have no words.
    • Options
      mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
      edited July 2013
      phraus wrote: »

mmh.... There is not just DCs are debuffed and our own heals and debuffs are poor ...Sorry, have you seen the new healer pet? now, EVERY CLASS with the pet can debuff. And if the tooltip is not completely mistaken (as usual) it even heals MORE too than any DC
        • the minimum healing is 1,8% of Max health every 2 (two)(dos)(zwei) seconds,
        • plus DoT to target foe / heals allies near the target for 3.5% of their maximum health with every tick (7 seconds cooldown),
        • plus Foes are weakened and take 20% more damage

well, I have no words.

I do, they want people to pay real cash for their heals. That's why they nerfed the DC class to the point it is. Don't like it? Do like thousands of us have done and leave the game until it's fixed. Then you can do like some of us do and continue monitoring the forums in the hope they come to their senses...
      • Options
        nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 23 Arc User
        edited July 2013
        Man, is that pet an insult. Can I get a pet that out DPS' a Rouge please?
      • Options
        edited July 2013
        Man, is that pet an insult. Can I get a pet that out DPS' a Rouge please?

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. They insulted the class, and insulted the playerbase. Good-Bye Neverwinter and hello the more well rounded FTP MMO Rift. Maybe someday this company will stop insulting their playerbase.
      • Options
        edited August 2013
        mumnoch wrote: »
        I do, they want people to pay real cash for their heals. That's why they nerfed the DC class to the point it is. Don't like it? Do like thousands of us have done and leave the game until it's fixed. Then you can do like some of us do and continue monitoring the forums in the hope they come to their senses...

After a number of patches where the Devs:
        • Improved NOTHING for the DC feats or powers
        • Ammended just rising hope (a little bit) from the looong list of not-working things
        • Nerfed the few remaining working feats and powers even a little bit more
        • Nerfed the working gear
        • Didnt repaired the PvP mechanics, even if promised.

After a number of content additions:
        • With even worst new gear for the DC, including in the stats things like life steal that is completely useless for DC,
        • With more powerful healing pets
        • Increasing even more the difference between DCs and the rest of classes by gearing

I am inclined to think that You are true. And yes, I will use your advise.
      • Options
        zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
        edited August 2013
        quit whining and give pay2winter the cash they want
      • Options
        elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        zalcs wrote: »
        quit whining and give pay2winter the cash they want
        I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about some fancy PvE pet!
        xen0phreak wrote: »
        Thank you for that fix, now skilled clerics are actually recognizable and sought after. I have forsaken Astral Shield entirely and am officially running a "circleless" spec at the moment with great success. I have managed to solo heal every T2 instance the game has to offer without dropping a single astral shield, including one epic Dracolich 3man kill (just had to have that delve bonus). To any of my fellow clerics that are complaining about the nerf, I encourage to look at your abilities, specs and gear a little closer and be inspired to make some changes to rise to the challenge. Cheers.
        Spoken like a true PvE player. I don't say PvE is impossible however still your early claim to do it without AD at all since AD in Divinity mode is as significant healing sounds me that you lie. Perhaps you play other classes and hate Clerics.

Now Dungeons can be done however Cleric is still the weakest class in PvP! I have been telling me stubbornly that perhaps it is since I refuse to buy pants and shirt perhaps that thing miraceously changes when I max level in mailcrafting and can create level 60 pants and shirt. Currently I am level 15 in mailcrafting. However reading these posts make me believe Cleric really suck and I feel terrible weak in PvP.
      • Options
        naori87naori87 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        I usually play a cleric in most MMO games.. and I can't say I a great player... just you're average pass my time player.
        So, playing a cleric in neverwinter is quite difficult. Especially when I see pug members dying and waiting for my AS to pop...
        When it does... the cast time is not instant and neither is my dodge. It always seems that the moment I decide to hit my AS... I am in the red zone and while im puttting it up... I can't dodge as I would... cause it lags a bit... then I get damage really bad and my heals can't heal me quickly enough before I get mobbed. Or the fact that in order heal my dying team mates I must pot myself so that I don't die in the process.
        I think the cleric class really needs something more.... also we have to do some damage before we can activate our heals which makes the task more harder because when we do attack we aggro... and then when we take on damage faster than we can heal then we have to run... and that makes it more messy cause then everyone else is dying and you can't heal cause you need to get the aggro off so you can cast....><"
      • Options
        invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
        edited August 2013
        zarchos wrote: »
        No one here is going to sanely argue that the stacking didn't need a nerf, it did. It's the fact that when 1 healing ability defines our entire class that's a really big problem. The developers need to look at the other healing abilities we have, specifically how bad Bastion of Health is.

No, no. Please do not fix Bastion as I did not put a single point in it and I don't want to respec!!
      • Options
        maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        now i think we need a reason as to why the devs keep on nerfing the cleric
      • Options
        never322never322 Member Posts: 45
        edited August 2013
        I have to say that I started out very enthusiastic about my cleric but I'm finding it a bit of a disappointment. Our healing is just, well, a disappointment. I have read extensively in the forums and understand that healing is preventative and etc. But you just can't escape the feeling that you're on a much shorter leash than game balance requires because the PW folks want to sell healing stones. Our DPS has to be second class because if we could DPS with the best of them AND heal why play anything else but a cleric. I just end dungeons feeling that despite my best efforts to contribute to the team that I'm not really able to heal OR DPS as well as the other char can do their stuff.

Righeousness is OK by me but it really should be reduced.

More after a few months of playing this char.

Oh, and BTW, I'm fine with Pay to Win or for that matter Pay to Play. These people gotta make some money or why keep this MMO going after all, but I want it to impact on game play minimally.
      • Options
        maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        never322 wrote: »
        I have to say that I started out very enthusiastic about my cleric but I'm finding it a bit of a disappointment. Our healing is just, well, a disappointment. I have read extensively in the forums and understand that healing is preventative and etc. But you just can't escape the feeling that you're on a much shorter leash than game balance requires because the PW folks want to sell healing stones. Our DPS has to be second class because if we could DPS with the best of them AND heal why play anything else but a cleric. I just end dungeons feeling that despite my best efforts to contribute to the team that I'm not really able to heal OR DPS as well as the other char can do their stuff.

Righeousness is OK by me but it really should be reduced.

More after a few months of playing this char.

Oh, and BTW, I'm fine with Pay to Win or for that matter Pay to Play. These people gotta make some money or why keep this MMO going after all, but I want it to impact on game play minimally.

well as far as i've seen ..... real money has little impact.... sure it can save you a lot of time farming for stuff if you use your wallet power.

Anyways at the moment i am waiting for the dev's explanation as to why do they keep on nerfing clerics
      • Options
        morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
        edited August 2013
        Yeah, the actual dev response in this dev-created thread is....pretty poor.
      • Options
        almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        Hello,

I am not sure if you are still reading this feedback..but you asked for it, so I will give a small opinion.

I never played such kind of MMO's, only click-MMO's..like WoW, Aion, LOTRO, Warhammer...etc.

Neverwinter is my first MMO with resctrict ability number and real targetting...I like it and that's why I stayed here for a while longer and decided to level m cleric to 60 during Open BETA...

Right now I realize that my powers...are..well close to useless. Sure I can Astral Shield....sure I can use a good Healing Over-time spell (forger's)...but after those 2 are on cd's...my party is on it's own fate...I can't do much about it..just spread astral siels around, sun bursts ..and that's pretty much it...I must gather more divinity for my next Astral Shield........ and more astral shield...and it's just astral shield that matters...the rest of my spells..are just "insufficient"....I can't use other spells beause they don't heal enough...I am forced to play that way because all other spells simply let everyone DIE....

Please if it's possible, give Devouted clerics...a devouted way to think about their class and their spell choice....Better spell arsenal.........Honestly..sometimes a skilled Control Wizard is 5 times better then a good healing cleric...because those CW's can just rotate their Control abilities and kite the adds......

Make my class usefull without restricting it to 2-3 spells, thank you :)
      • Options
        selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        almondum wrote: »
        Hello,

I am not sure if you are still reading this feedback..but you asked for it, so I will give a small opinion.

I never played such kind of MMO's, only click-MMO's..like WoW, Aion, LOTRO, Warhammer...etc.

Neverwinter is my first MMO with resctrict ability number and real targetting...I like it and that's why I stayed here for a while longer and decided to level m cleric to 60 during Open BETA...

Right now I realize that my powers...are..well close to useless. Sure I can Astral Shield....sure I can use a good Healing Over-time spell (forger's)...but after those 2 are on cd's...my party is on it's own fate...I can't do much about it..just spread astral siels around, sun bursts ..and that's pretty much it...I must gather more divinity for my next Astral Shield........ and more astral shield...and it's just astral shield that matters...the rest of my spells..are just "insufficient"....I can't use other spells beause they don't heal enough...I am forced to play that way because all other spells simply let everyone DIE....

Please if it's possible, give Devouted clerics...a devouted way to think about their class and their spell choice....Better spell arsenal.........Honestly..sometimes a skilled Control Wizard is 5 times better then a good healing cleric...because those CW's can just rotate their Control abilities and kite the adds......

Make my class usefull without restricting it to 2-3 spells, thank you :)

I agree with you. :)
      • Options
        rantilous1rantilous1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
        edited August 2013
        My first post here, so first of all hello every one.

I started playing only few days ago but I am an old hand in MMO, having played few of them when I have managed to get permission from other half.

So what was my first impression of the game, its D&D, I can play my old pen & paper toon (cleric) and the game has a nice ring to it. However that was soon to be changed. First of all, choosing a diety is just for fun and has no impact of the game play. I would have thought as a cleric it has everything to do with it. Skills you can have access to be one.

But no, no no, it is just what i like to call fluff.

Also, healing where is it? why do i heal myself less than others? and really what do you mean we can't heal :-)

I spoke to 6 players last night and 4 out of 6 told me, to play something else and all 6 told me they never PVP with cleric.

so second impression from a new comer who is sticking to playing cleric for a while longer is, dread.
      • Options
        ripcity313ripcity313 Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
        edited September 2013
        why so many complaints?
        they built these clerics to heal DIFFERENTLY then any other mmo, its all there you just gotta find it, my DC does just fine pve/pvp with 12k gs, its all about focus skill and timing really, i never drop a single member in t2s and i tank 3v1s in pvp. i personally think cryptic did an amazing job with the cleric class BECAUSE it is different then any other healing class ive ever played, i have to place my seals and pre load heals ect to keep a pt up, its fast paced and doesnt just require a 1 click and done heal. honestly if they made it that way id quit the character cause whats the point if its too easy, this is the most fun healing class i have ever played, i have a 60 cw/gwf/tr as well as my dc and it remains my favorite character.

Bravo Cryptic on the DC your doing great.
      • Options
        jartriljartril Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
        edited October 2013
        archdew wrote: »
        Just to add my views as a Solo DC, I think that the changes do seem to restrict the utility of the class. The opinion that AS was overpowered is almost a unanimous view, but like so many others have pointed out, the problems with the DC class run far deeper.

While the attempt to reformulate the support-type to a leader-type class was interesting, in practice, the results seem less than inspired. The DC does not heal or buff significantly and neither does it do significant damage. While when used in combination with other classes, the DC can significantly boost a party's gross effectiveness, in isolation (or even with a companion) the DC is somewhat lacklustre. Firstly, the DC cannot withstand one-to-one combat with any class, save its own. Secondly, Solo DCs are forced into a losing strategy in solo pvm. They are forced to use the combination of their DPS and healing skills to outlast their opponents, but the damage dealing capacities of monsters (and players) far outstrip both the dps and healing abilities of DCs and quickly overwhelm what defence the DC has, making this strategy of outlasting inviable. The result is that the player has to dance, weave and run around to make up the difference. Personally, without dodging and weaving continuously, while frantically quaffing potions, I would never have completed some of the normal quest dungeons. Even then, a brief lag is all I need to be sent back to a respawn point- and not only due to boss fights. Thirdly, there isn't enough "flavour" in the DC. The TRs really give the sense of a terrifying stalker assassin, the CW bask in the glory of their arcane splendour, even the GWFs and GFs have their imposing warrior bearing, and the DC... well they can't really heal, or wield significant holy powers, and don't even seem to be any more pious than any other class (who "pray" hourly) with the DCs abilities having nothing to do with their deity of choice, and with nothing much linking them to their deities save the tab divinity mode, which aside from the name, doesn't really have any divine feel to it.

I don't know, I could be being too picky.

Truth is, I enjoy being a cleric, even with all these limitations, although I have to do a little RP in my head, that I'm a cleric on a mission, just so that I don't feel too discouraged. I believe that I am just one of many other clerics who are waiting for the time when clerics would be revamped so that we start to see clerics of different builds and persuasions reflecting the interaction between player personality and class design. Right now though, DCs are very much like the cleric in the opening movie sequence- struggling to fight and heal at the same time and succeeding at neither, hoping that the TR miraculously wakes up in time to do something.

I have to agree here, well said and stated more clearly than I could have.
      • Options
        iteideiteide Member, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
        edited October 2013
        I played dungeon dragon 2E ( priest ) and 4E ( cleric )... Played MMORPG too : Everquest 1 ( druid and cleric), Word of Warcraft ( druid and priest ), Guild Wars 1 ( monk -(healer)). I enjoy usually playing healer.. BUT this Cleric in neverwinter is the worst one in end game. I stoped to do any dungeon since I taste lvl 60 ones. I been hard core gamer in other games. I loved played healer, but i hate the feeling to heal in this game. Healing power is too weak even with 9500ish gear score, I see poeple die too mush in dungeon. I avoid **** on floor like Pro ( thanks to WoW hardmode raid :P ) But **** give me good tools to heal. Healing spell are ALL on cooldown. I can't spam anything to keep a low armor class up! This is a mmorpg Live Action, Not a turn and round based game. You got like 0.1 sec to react or you die! Its a MMORPG guys , something in Real time. We can't relay on turn and round system when mosters spamming same stuff over and over. Anyways I play since Day 1,leveling questiong is fun but Healing in High end Dungeon, NO WAY forget me im rolleing a Faceroll dps class. Do something about cleric it's too complicated to play.

So if you ask me how do you manage healing in dungeon. I will say Buy potions and pray that cleric spell will come someday!
      • Options
        rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
        edited October 2013
        wow suprised to see this post is still going on. And really suprised to see poeple complaining about the inneffectiveness of our healing.

I've played healer in lots of other MMO's too, and i cant argue that healing is quite different in this game than say LOTRO on a mini or RK. But different doesnt equal inneffective. The only thing i have trouble healing is the 3rd boss in MC, and thats only because it kinda requires voice coordination for spike damage on 1 of the dragon's spells and most pugs arent using voice. With voice chat i can even heal through the spike damage on the choke from 3rd boss in MC It literally take divine healing word, then channel div to make it happen though.

What is your spec iteide? i can provide build suggestions if you are having trouble... and fyi if all our heal skils are on CD, then its time to tab into divinity and do a channel heal. Thats pretty much the only time u need to use channel heal for quick spot heals, or for when everything is on CD.