test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloud of Steel, abit op?

13»

Comments

• Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    I believe that he is talking about "speed swindle" from saboteur tree, it snares the target when you score a critical hit for a short duration.

ah ok, so just a terminology thing since for me that aint a snare but a slow :)
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »
    deft strike needs a target, thus doesnt work against an invisible

Are you sure about this? I have targeted stealthed trs with cos and i have been hit by gfs charge attack, while stealthed, and not anywhere near melee range. I figured deft strike would work the same way, if you are lucky and manage to hover your crosshair over a stealthed tr you can target it.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ah ok, so just a terminology thing since for me that aint a snare but a slow :)

Yeah, sorry, old habit. It's a slowing effect on the opponent and a speed increase for the TR on every crit. It's in the first tier of the saboteur feat, so very easily obtainable. And with the high crit-rate of most TR builds....it's too accessible IMHO.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I have targeted stealthed trs with cos and i have been hit by gfs charge attack, while stealthed, and not anywhere near melee range. I figured deft strike would work the same way, if you are lucky and manage to hover your crosshair over a stealthed tr you can target it.

But that's not invisible ;)

That's actually the whole deal with this CoS/Stealth thing... melee stealth isn't invisible/untargetable, it's just a bit harder to get targeted. It also depends on what effects you have on you. You can be seen in stealth from quite a long range, considering ranged attacks just keep on hitting long beyond their max range once initiated.

Now, if CoS were to make stealth something like that...I'd say it would balance it better.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    noose93 wrote: »
    Can't see the point of rogue having ranged ability which does so massive amounts of damage. Srsly, we can get the enemy down to 10-20% just by spamming this ability, then finish him with w/e move you want. There is no point in that. Every time I've seen rogue killing someone in 1v1, its just either start with spamming CoS, when he's out of charges, Lashing Blade. (Or start with Lashing Blade and vice versa) Every 1v1 rogue duels turns into massive dagger throwing contest, the on who crits more, wins. Nerf this and give us some love on melee at-will skill, it's just ridiculous to watch rogue turn into ranged class.

tl;dr Cloud of Steel is way too powerful.

lets see....no

the ability would be op if it had no charges, but since you can only toss 12 and then suck your thumb waiting for recharge (unless you wanna get risky) than i would say it is good, but not gamebreaker.

Also, dunno if you tried yet, but there is this little thing called...what was the name again? Ah yes, DODGE, that you can accomplish with shift+ W/A/S/D or double tap either, and every dodge = 2 or 3 knifes lost (rogues usually dont have the self control to toss only a few and wait for you to burn dodges, they will spam the heck of it while you are at range thus will spend some charges on missing attempts).
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, let's get this straight, if we lower the damage to this attack to the point of pointless, then what? We should do what? Chase after the CW who constantly Control you? Who then dodges when you get close?
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So, let's get this straight, if we lower the damage to this attack to the point of pointless, then what? We should do what? Chase after the CW who constantly Control you? Who then dodges when you get close?

dodges? Oh my naive friend.... he will love to have you around, because even if you shove lashing blade right up his buttcheeks all the way to the hilt, he will see you clearly and then guess what? he will go darth vader on you, then shoot you down with missiles, then chill strike your sorry butt for daring to come into his field of vision, then darth vader again, and shoot some more missiles just to make sure you understood your mistake.

Staying away and invisible shooting daggers is the ONLY way we got to deal with wizzards without becoming their puppets (not criticizing your post, just making my point as to why we absolutelly must have some range).
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Look at the bright side.. It's become so popular and abused that it is surely going to be nerfed in the very near future. :)
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So if something becomes popular, the obvious choice is nerf it. How the hell does that make sense. Oh wait, they did that with cleric since that was one of the only viable option for clerics, of course.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF can keep the target down permanently...Nerf them please!
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    down2onedown2one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    this is pretty much an argument between the subtlety tree and the other 2 tree's the one that stays stealth longer wins cause he can throw daggers longer before you can see him.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    and once you survive the daggers, the rogue has no charges left

also you can always move out of range, but i know, crying for nerfs is alot easier, isnt it?

What about the other encounters does the rogue just stand there doing nothing because his COS is out. God lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    What about the other encounters does the rogue just stand there doing nothing because his COS is out. God lol
    If they are permanent invi rogues, who are specced for CoS, they rarely have any big hit encounters. And even if they do have lash strike or dazing strike, it is so easy to dodge them since those have really slow animations. Furthermore, it is not easy for them to get in range to use those skills without stealth.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

considering that you are doing nothing but stupidly standing around and getting killed over and over without doing something against it...yes, the rogue wont use any encounters and just waits for the charges to refill...
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If they are permanent invi rogues, who are specced for CoS, they rarely have any big hit encounters. And even if they do have lash strike or dazing strike, it is so easy to dodge them since those have really slow animations. Furthermore, it is not easy for them to get in range to use those skills without stealth.

Are you dumb. Your first line and your last line.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    considering that you are doing nothing but stupidly standing around and getting killed over and over without doing something against it...yes, the rogue wont use any encounters and just waits for the charges to refill...

Lol u guys are so one eyed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lol u guys are so one eyed.

you mean like you guys?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    you mean like you guys?
    This guy, who appears to be a CW, goes everywhere in the forum and cries fool for nerf CoS and perm stealth build. This type of players will just cry for nerf on everything killing them since they do not want to learn to adapt.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This guy, who appears to be a CW, goes everywhere in the forum and cries fool for nerf CoS and perm stealth build. This type of players will just cry for nerf on everything killing them since they do not want to learn to adapt.

actually, im a TR and not crying for a nerf at all, but hey, why actually read posts instead of just randomly skmiming into threads and posting nonsense
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    actually, im a TR and not crying for a nerf at all, but hey, why actually read posts instead of just randomly skmiming into threads and posting nonsense
    Sorry, I quoted wrong one. I mean the guy above you.