test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloud of Steel, abit op?

noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Can't see the point of rogue having ranged ability which does so massive amounts of damage. Srsly, we can get the enemy down to 10-20% just by spamming this ability, then finish him with w/e move you want. There is no point in that. Every time I've seen rogue killing someone in 1v1, its just either start with spamming CoS, when he's out of charges, Lashing Blade. (Or start with Lashing Blade and vice versa) Every 1v1 rogue duels turns into massive dagger throwing contest, the on who crits more, wins. Nerf this and give us some love on melee at-will skill, it's just ridiculous to watch rogue turn into ranged class.

tl;dr Cloud of Steel is way too powerful.
Post edited by noose93 on

Comments

• Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    and once you survive the daggers, the rogue has no charges left

also you can always move out of range, but i know, crying for nerfs is alot easier, isnt it?
  • Options
    noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Move out of range isn't an option while defending base, and my point was, when he's out of charges: Lashing Blade or what ever move you want. And since you can do this in stealth, you can't hit him back amaright? Next time you do a pvp match, just try to use all Cloud of Steel charges you can while in stealth and see what happens.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    when he is so close to your base that you cant get out of range while defending it, then go offensive and nuke the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of him

yeah i know, you have to understand how your class works and how stealth works for that to work, but youll get that sooner or later too, no worries
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, the way I'm killing CWs atm is with this way, and let me tell you, they NEVER have any idea whats happening and wheres the damage coming from. Its just so redicilously easy.

Shouldn't rogues be more of an melee class anyway?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nope, rogues arent suppsed to be pure melee, they also use alot of ranged weapons: throwing knifes, hand crossbow, slings, etc

the thought about rogues beeing melee is an MMO thing, not a D&D thing
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Again, you missed my point. I'm not saying rogues should do only melee, I'm saying it doesnt make sence that we do so much dmg in ranged.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    why does it make no sense?...cause MMOs says so? DND doesnt
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it fun to get killed by object that you cant see but only after he has killed you? Thats why it doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    is it fun to be in a permanent stunlock that even ItC cant break? nope, nerf GWF
    is it fun to be in a permanent stunlock that seems to have a shorter cooldown then ItC? nope, nerf CW
    is it fun to be in a permanent knockback/down lock? nope, nerf GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I do know know about all these things you've just listed, yet, we're in tr forum, discussing about matters of tr, not about gwf, cw or gf.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Build some defence or reroll to gwf/gf
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That's the way to do it, lets just all reroll every time theres something wrong with a class....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and since there is nothing wrong with the class currently...well, no need to reroll
  • Options
    axle100axle100 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the reason we have such op ranged is because 9/10 if you get caught by any 1 of those 3 classes we are insta dead, yes if a crappy player is playing it CoS isnt really needed. but if a pro player is then CoS is used to wittle them down and finish them off. No offense but it sounds to me like you want a rouge to play like a GWF, run straight into the melee skills blazing. The rouge, while having strong physical attacks also has to have a long range way of dealing with a target. Otherwise i would have like 1/10th the kills on a CW due to their op 3 dodges. Then everyone would be QQing on that more. nerfing one thing just leads way to having more things nerfed because of the players who dont like how a class is "supposed" to be played. I personally think that the damage is fine, yes i hate when it gets cast on me, but then i just have to make up for it with the skillset that i have learned. easy peasy then :D

hope you understand mate. much love <3 lol, no ****. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Actually, you make an compelling argument there. You got any tips on what to do when you get spammed with cos? Other than running away I mean :)
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tr is already a huge damager in melee and then COS makes him killing machine..........i say try gwf class full melee class with least dmg at wills , skills that takes long animation to complete (and foe runs out of aoe) and all other class have range attak and they can roll out or use some sort of spells to get out of rang or when come close they silence u they push back u and use circle of defiance that thay got 3min of almost immune to dmg aura ...............try <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gwf
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i say to delete trs from game so every **** out there can be happy playing pvp with his crappy skils
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lol funny thread, Rogues recently gets hit by the nerf bat and we're still considered OP (or at least CoS) xD

First of all, the initial 12 hits from Cloud of Steel is what really counts in terms of DPS, the continuation of attacks increases the accumulated damage. After that your waiting every 3 seconds for 1 charge and in order to get the most of it, you'll need to wait until you have enough charges for the bonus continuation damage.

Classes have ways to deal with CoS with ease...

- GF can simply put up his shield, possibly blocking all 12 CoS

- Cleric can drop Astral Shield and can possibly tank through it

- GWF can just soak up all 12 CoS and still remain strong, while attacking them they can use Unstoppable, reducing damage (depending on how your GWF is built, you can regenerate health during Unstoppable)

- A CW's best bet in dealing with this is using their encounter skill, Shield which absorbs damage. They also have 3 dodges.

- When it comes down to TR vs TR, its really about who gets the first jump on the enemy (if they are equally geared). Two TR's spamming CoS at each other at the same time depends on who was more geared to inflict more damage (and heal from Life Steal). However, that's rarely the case. A good TR would probably try to conceal themselves with stealth and in a stealth battle of two TR's, its about who can stay hidden the longest, or who can predict their opponents movements and location.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    noose93 wrote: »
    Move out of range isn't an option while defending base, and my point was, when he's out of charges: Lashing Blade or what ever move you want. And since you can do this in stealth, you can't hit him back amaright? Next time you do a pvp match, just try to use all Cloud of Steel charges you can while in stealth and see what happens.

Exactly. When a stun-happy Control Wizard waltzes up to a capture point and knows that you can't move without stopping the capture, then you're pretty much dead. Unless you have the defensive abilities of a tank, the healing capabilities of a cleric, or the ranged attack of a rogue. We need it. We are squishy and are dead in situations where we are cornered.

Get over it.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, the way I'm killing CWs atm is with this way, and let me tell you, they NEVER have any idea whats happening and wheres the damage coming from. Its just so redicilously easy.

Shouldn't rogues be more of an melee class anyway?

We are. One ability doesn't make us "not a melee class". Shouldn't even have to make this obvious point.

And if you're actually killing Control Wizards on a 12 charge ability (and don't have ridiculously overpowered enchants), then they are simply bad. Not noteworthy in the least.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it fun to get killed by object that you cant see but only after he has killed you? Thats why it doesn't make sense.

It it fun to be stunned in the air and have all you health drained away without being able to make a single move?

Hint: The answer is no.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Oh ****.... I'm taking damage... but I can't see where..... hrmm fk it... let me stand still and just keep taking damage until I die.

I AM A FKIN <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>."

-All of you idiots
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    It it fun to be stunned in the air and have all you health drained away without being able to make a single move?

Hint: The answer is no.

That skill should be cut in half in duration, its WAY to long. Your dangling in air watching your health go from 100-0 without beeing able to do anything. Atleast CW can dodge away from Lashing, or survive it.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everything seems OP at level 60. Its not the skill itself.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    As a TR, I think CoS is stupid good in pvp. We either need less charges or we should be more revealed when throwing daggers. Probably the latter. Running at max range and throwing them makes it really difficult for a lot of people to even know where the attack is coming from which doesn't make any sense at all. If a sniper reveals their position with a single shot, how the hell can you not see where 12 daggers just came from at a much closer distance? I know I'm mixing genres, but you guys get the point. It's just silly how I have to go tryhard on some scrub rogue who stealths and does CoS from max range. I've played entire matches like that just to prove a point, and it's stupid easy. The rogue should always want to get up close to do serious damage. Maybe we need another adjustment to compensate, but I would definitely like to see this addressed.

I know it says PWE user, but I actually spend more time pvping and I have a lot of experience in MMOs, MOBAs, and other games.
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Can't see the point of rogue having ranged ability which does so massive amounts of damage. Srsly, we can get the enemy down to 10-20% just by spamming this ability, then finish him with w/e move you want. There is no point in that. Every time I've seen rogue killing someone in 1v1, its just either start with spamming CoS, when he's out of charges, Lashing Blade. (Or start with Lashing Blade and vice versa) Every 1v1 rogue duels turns into massive dagger throwing contest, the on who crits more, wins. Nerf this and give us some love on melee at-will skill, it's just ridiculous to watch rogue turn into ranged class.

tl;dr Cloud of Steel is way too powerful.

this guy is not a TR.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So you are crying about not being able to see the stealth based class? Delightful.... cos isnt the problem. Its you not wanting to use your brain. You know the daggers stick into your toon the the direction they are coming from, right? Use that tasty bit of info.

Next you will be complaining that dc's can heal and cws attack from range.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i cant see why these guys cry about.they just dont play pvp much or have no skills.i was like that some weeks ago.cw op.gwf op, gf op

guess what

after some practice and some ( ok i suck now i really have to improve my noobself ) you ll get better and stop crying.
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Turns out everyone who does PVP hates PVP.

This game isn't diverse enough to have "pro" pvp players, get over yourselves. "Lol think harder" is a fine argument, I'm sure.