Install Arc
Options

I'm so scared of hitting 60....

2»

Comments

• Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because some people are being <self censored bad word> and needs loving from their momma. Also due to "efficiency". Some classes like Guardian and GWF are percieved as being "useless" in their contribution to their party's success. Also partly due to an overpowered Cleric skill called Astral Shielding (which as of this writing stacks) making whoever is inside the shield receive double the effect (they effectively have double AC and double healing). I mean why would you bother to have a tank when 2 cleric shielding can effectively make the whole party invincible. So these people just load up on dps mainly TR and CW for crowd control purposes (because we all know how Cryptic loves to make bosses spawn a billion adds during boss fights). So right now due to these "overpowered powers" (pun intended) people are able to run epic T2 dungeons without needing a tank. Also people perceive as GWF being not effective in their role as AOE damage dealers (CW is more effective being they do the same damage + CC to boot). So yeah.. there's a variety of issues that must be addressed to break this.

I'm so sad I'm a GWF, why didn't anyone tell me? It's like picking a college major that you know your investing much time in, but know that you'll never get a job out from it.
  • Options
    naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    poysonivy wrote: »
    My advise is to find an active social guild that doesn't lay the emphasis on class composition. And stay away from pugging.

Pretty much this, dungeons/PvP can be alot of fun when you take out the PuG factor. You won't have to worry about ninja looters, most guilds won't chastise you for not knowing the runs your first couple times and will probably be helpful. I currently don't have a guild because the one I was in did nothing together but if you find a good bunch of folks the game can be very fun.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I'm so sad I'm a GWF, why didn't anyone tell me? It's like picking a college major that you know your investing much time in, but know that you'll never get a job out from it.

Should have read the forums, you would have known since the first week of release.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naztroll wrote: »
    Pretty much this, dungeons/PvP can be alot of fun when you take out the PuG factor. You won't have to worry about ninja looters, most guilds won't chastise you for not knowing the runs your first couple times and will probably be helpful. I currently don't have a guild because the one I was in did nothing together but if you find a good bunch of folks the game can be very fun.

But you can't que or manually enter the 60 Epic Dungeon with 5 of your Guildmate or Friends. You have to que for it with 4 people, but then it just beat the purpose of doing it with your Guildmate or Friends in the first place. The LFG system is broken!!
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Should have read the forums, you would have known since the first week of release.

I'm lucky I'm in the forum at all. The survey by mmorpg.com found in the past 10 years of all MMOs that 80% of gamers never visit the forums. And out of 20% who read the forum, only 3% posts.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why should they tell you if you are enjoying the class? Honestly though even Thieves and Wizards get kicked not as much as GWF or maybe GF's though.

Also I deleted my GWF at lvl 14 when I went to try the other classes and found that the wizard was more fun for me. GWF either doesn't do enough damage or lacked damage reduction to make up for the weaker attacks. I also probably built it wrong on top of that.

But just continue to play if that class is fun for you. Screw what others say. difference in damage probably is only a couple hundred per hit
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All that needs to happen is right now rogues and clerics need to be de buffed, then wait and see if cw need to be de buffed. Then after that they need to look at the skill, some skills dont do what they say it does. Other skills or the same skills need the cool down to be lowered, and other things in that skill to be raised. Some skills need something else added to it, thats all that needs to happen right now. Everything else is second to what I said, it needs time for it to be balanced. but what I said is what needs to happen right now, everything else comes second.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a GWF at 60 and I have a blast with teaming with my guildies doing dungeons and stuff. But saying that most of my guildies are my siblings and its MY guild. If they try to kick me I'd go round to their houses and kick them..in the shins....or the bawls..depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm lucky I'm in the forum at all. The survey by mmorpg.com found in the past 10 years of all MMOs that 80% of gamers never visit the forums. And out of 20% who read the forum, only 3% posts.

And this is relevant how? You seemed upset that "nobody told you" that GF's/GWF's are useless, but you say that you are lucky you came to the forum to get some information? /boggle
  • Options
    xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Eh? Leveling up a GWF now and letting my DC sit ready for T2's. I can for certain say that the GWF is underpreforming compared to just about all the other classes but I wanted to see what all the hubub is about anyhow. It's not as bad as people say either. If you are scared to hit 60..just do what I did...PvP from 50-60 and gear up..then spend <40k AD that you've made easy throughout praying and questing...get your GS up to T2 level and roll an alt until they fix the dungeons, exploits, broken class abilities and powers, add more paths, etc etc. That is...if they ever do. Seems the "OB" tag is apparently only to fix the launcher and account error issues every other day.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Speaking as a recently 60 gwf wearing the best purple gear i can get from the ah, i find the discrimination dissapointing. I dont blame the playerbase, after reading all the constant negative rhetoric re gwf, i blame the game makers.

Im just glad i havent spent a real world penny on this game.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    I remember how much I liked CoX because all that drama had been solved. There was no stress, no looting, no hard feelings caused by greed in that game. It was so refreshing to seriously just have fun with a team of 8 people doing randoms all day, everyone was leveling, get enhancers, etc. Strange how much Cryptic has morphed into...this.

Yeah, that game did it the best of all so far - all the loot was individual, no need for a looting system.
    Then add in the (Super) Sidekicking system and you were set.
    Rest in peace old friend. :(
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    princemarkx01princemarkx01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -_-" i hit 60 for about 2 weeks now... and i hate to say this and im also sorry but it sucks being 60... since i reach level 60 i tried to join party and finish the daily dungeon... and for 8 times we failed... spent so much gold and even used stone of health... still its so fcking hard! how the hell did they made this game? end game sucks!!!

another thing is... they removed the daily skirmish quest.. and they replace it with 199-200 AD reward when you finish a skirmish... or additional 1000AD when the skirmish event is on... sucks... i only do skirmish when the event is on... coz it sucks and useless to play skirmish when the event is off...

Pvp sucks... everyone is quiting... today i joined 3 times and 3 times in a row there are players who just circle around and around... bots!!! sucks...

i dont know... end game should be fun... but do i really need to start another char just to get the fun? -_-" sucks... too tired...

The only thing that i enjoy that much on this game is the bills tavern foundry... and i play it when the daily foundry is on... previously i play at least 5 hours a day... now i only log in when foundry or pvp daily or check on AH post... around 2 hours... even in my day off... sucks... -_-"

Where the hell did the fun go??? is there any other thing to do in this game rather than joining party that quits or diving in dungeons that sucks? can anyone advice me of a good SOLO dungeon something that i can do myself and just kill monsters and loot then go again and again? im not much of a pvp and i only do it when i have to... i would like to go in a SOLO dungeon for level 60 and please dont suggest any dungeon with stupid ads spawn like 3 spawn per min... -_-" thanks in advance... cyah.. id rather gonna watch korean a movie than play... sucks...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh and what the hell is that roque skill that damages 25K+ HP? so stupid to make a class so OP... yeah sucks...
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    poysonivy wrote: »
    My advise is to find an active social guild that doesn't lay the emphasis on class composition. And stay away from pugging.

DO NOT LISTENTO THIS PERSON. So-called "PuG" or pick up groups are what makes games like this interesting.
    I group people who say "PuG" or "PWN" in the same category. Not worth my time.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -_-" i hit 60 for about 2 weeks now... and i hate to say this and im also sorry but it sucks being 60... since i reach level 60 i tried to join party and finish the daily dungeon... and for 8 times we failed... spent so much gold and even used stone of health... still its so fcking hard! how the hell did they made this game? end game sucks!!!

another thing is... they removed the daily skirmish quest.. and they replace it with 199-200 AD reward when you finish a skirmish... or additional 1000AD when the skirmish event is on... sucks... i only do skirmish when the event is on... coz it sucks and useless to play skirmish when the event is off...

Pvp sucks... everyone is quiting... today i joined 3 times and 3 times in a row there are players who just circle around and around... bots!!! sucks...

i dont know... end game should be fun... but do i really need to start another char just to get the fun? -_-" sucks... too tired...

The only thing that i enjoy that much on this game is the bills tavern foundry... and i play it when the daily foundry is on... previously i play at least 5 hours a day... now i only log in when foundry or pvp daily or check on AH post... around 2 hours... even in my day off... sucks... -_-"

Where the hell did the fun go??? is there any other thing to do in this game rather than joining party that quits or diving in dungeons that sucks? can anyone advice me of a good SOLO dungeon something that i can do myself and just kill monsters and loot then go again and again? im not much of a pvp and i only do it when i have to... i would like to go in a SOLO dungeon for level 60 and please dont suggest any dungeon with stupid ads spawn like 3 spawn per min... -_-" thanks in advance... cyah.. id rather gonna watch korean a movie than play... sucks...

...you have no imagination. go play WoW
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    >,< dude if i want to play using my imagination then all i need is close my eyes and i can be anyone doing anything and everything... thats all... and whats the fcking connection of my post and imagination? dude your on drugs... lolz
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can the people who keep suggestion don't PUG, but join a Guild or do it with a Friends how it work? Because this keep being brought up. I try PUG many times and it frustrating as hell, people leaving at the last boss and they always leave after one failed or battle is not going fast enough for them, etc. And there is that Ninja loot too.

Well to the point. When you reach level 60 to do Epic Version of the Dungeon, you cannot enter the Epic Version manually. So you have to Que for it, you can't pre-que it with 5 of your Friends or Guild mate, so how is this gonna work if you can only que with 4 of you and get a Random? What even worst is that I try to Que with 4 of my Friend for Epic Version to get one Random because we have no choice, and I end up loosing leader and the random get Leader. This game need some serious fix in the LFG and End Game contents, because right now it just sucks.