test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game issues driving away casual players

angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Dungeon queues have never worked well.
2. Kicking has always been used for exploiting/ninjaing.
3. No game supported loot rules.

I would consider these a major issue in this game that has probably chased many casual players away.
The party leader used to be able to kick so, at that time the problem was people kicking all 4 people from group after boss kills.
That was replaced with the vote kick system which could be good if it actually required a majority vote to work....but no, it takes 2 people (out of 5) to vote kick anyone & everyone off the team.

In addition there is no game enforced loot system other than you can't need on class gear not for your class. What people expect regarding rolling will vary from group to group. Most pug groups will need anything that can be needed. Then you have groups that ask for greed only rolls on class specific gear. Then you have groups that want greed roll on all gear regardless if it is class specific. Then you have people that join pug groups, never say a word, and throw a fit if someone rolls need on an item they need or even an item that is not class specific.

The best option is to find a group of people you play with regularly, and never ever even think of using the dungeon random queue system. Also, never assume the people you find in LFG are any better than what you will find in random queue. -Which is not to say you won't find good players using either.

With all the effort put forth in the last module as well as the upcoming module aimed an getting players to buy character slots, companions, and artifact upgrades, are there any plans to fix these quality of play issues that have plagued the game since beta?
Post edited by angrymanagement on

Comments

• xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @Angry, what brought this up? Did one of the CN runs end badly? I figured PVP chased most people away. The issues mentioned above are genuine. The whole "loot" scenario has always been part of the problem. They need to make all the rolls the same (no need vs greed). Just all need and no pass option for epics. So that can't be exploited as well.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @Angry, what brought this up? Did one of the CN runs end badly? I figured PVP chased most people away. The issues mentioned above are genuine. The whole "loot" scenario has always been part of the problem. They need to make all the rolls the same (no need vs greed). Just all need and no pass option for epics. So that can't be exploited as well.

They just need to make more loot options. As in, give people more choice to what to set the party loot rules to. Sure, add a need only option; also add a greed only option. Then, that party can choose which loot rule they want.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This issues are extremely old and discussed many times (and no dev response), and yet only "need" option is not acceptable, why would i go to a dungeon with a chance only to get a swash set that sells for less than 180k while an HV goes for nearly a mil ?

As was proposed many times, there should be an option to set it upfront (by vote or lead), options like greed/pass only, and need/greed/pass with bind on need .
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Joining a decent guild was probably the best in-game move I ever made. It insulates me from certain jerkish behavior you see in pug groups, and really served to enhance the overall experience of the game. To anyone experiencing these issues, I'd advice you do the same, because I doubt Cryptic will do anything about this issue.

Also, use the Guild recruitment forum here to research before you try to join a Guild, don't randomly pick one in game.