test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter and Ultimate Game Cards - Get Bonus Zen!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited July 2013 in News & Announcements
Do you want bonus Zen for Neverwinter? Who doesn't?! We're introducing a special promotion we're running with Ultimate Game Card to get you the most Zen for every purchase.

Click here to learn more about our promotion: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=900671.

Start time: 12:01 AM PDT, June 1, 2013
End time: 11:59 PM PDT, July 31, 2013

Click here to load Zen into Neverwinter and get your bonus: https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I pay through paypal to get a promotion or not?
  • Options
    uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    The way I see it, "We don’t have many bonus promos on prepaid cards" can be interpreted either that they do not have card promos very often, or that card promos make up a small portion of all of their promos overall. If the second interpretation is correct, then they could be doing this so that people who are unable or unwilling to purchase zen except through prepaid cards aren't entirely left out if they mainly have promos on online purchases later.
  • Options
    elenkalaelenkala Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question - why is there 15$ Ultimate Game cards available to buy if there is no option to redeem them on the charge Zen page? Is there something i am missing? I don't want to buy a $15 one until i am sure i can redeem it - and atm it looks like there is no option for it.
  • Options
    pacmanpolarbearpacmanpolarbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ Because you redeem the card on the purchase zen page that's why.
  • Options
    elenkalaelenkala Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The purchase Zen page is the one that i am on at the moment - and the options available are these - $50.00 5,000 + 750
    $30.00 3,000 + 450
    $20.00 2,000 + 300
    $10.00 1,000 + 150
    $5.00 500 + 75

There is no $15 one at all.
  • Options
    et20et20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this deal sucks if you have to pay tax on the cards. assuming you get 5k for 50$. 50$+13%=56.50. 5000+15%=5750. woot bonus 100 zen? like it's not even worth the gas or the effort of going to that store just to get a card.
    Explore the Blue Crystal Cave (NW-DBD6U7DO6). - Still tuning.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So offgamers the first placed i clicked on the ultimate game card site is an RMT site, I think this shows you endorse these if you aren't already making more money yourselves.
    /golf clap at yet another massive fail by you.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Note: through some of the retailers listed on that Ultimate Game Card site, you can buy these cards digitally on their websites, and have the code emailed to you minutes after purchase.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Support seems to be down, of course, and I can't be the only one not seeing any extra 15%. Redeemed after special started, no problems at all. Just bam, no extra 15%.
  • Options
    turaalturaal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There appears to be a problem with the amount of Zen actually being credited: I just purchased and redeemed a card as of 12:30am PDT, and it only gave me 5300 Zen, even though it said I was getting 5750 Zen..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ^ That's exactly what happened to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've just left my Zen in my wallet until I know what's going on.
  • Options
    muqi81muqi81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well the +15% didn't work for me... got the 2090+110 as if I buy zen via paypal or CC so this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... NO bonus

I bought a $30 card for 23.08 EUR, on the charge zen page at payment via UGC there isn't any option for $30/23EUR so i checked the 18.99 EUR (2090+110) and I got only that value(some points left over on the UGC) with no bonus 15% so fix this pls.
    imo if you are posting something like this be shure it realy works....
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup same here - bought 2 $20 cards as I was redeeming them it showed the bonus amount on the select, but once it went through only had $40 available
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Sighs and slowly shakes head.*

Well.

Let's hope this is a small problem to fix and not another big one. I doubt we'll know either way until sometime Monday.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elenkala wrote: »
    The purchase Zen page is the one that i am on at the moment - and the options available are these - $50.00 5,000 + 750
    $30.00 3,000 + 450
    $20.00 2,000 + 300
    $10.00 1,000 + 150
    $5.00 500 + 75

There is no $15 one at all.

Just a heads up, I used my card today 2 hours and 15 minutes after the promotion supposedly began (yes, my time zone was accounted for) and I got all the options you quoted above, but when the transaction completed, the bonus zen was not awarded to me in my account. I have a feeling the coders forgot to complete the coding for the transaction all the way through the process. I sent a ticket but I don't know when they will get around to fixing the issue. Might be best to wait a few days until they post something about it being fixed or else you won't end up with your +15% zen.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok I've fast forwarded this problem to the team. It's 3am on a Saturday morning on the west coast US at this time, so it will take a bit of time to get a response.

But I promise you, when they do get into work on Monday, this will be "sitting on their desk!"

(It is possible to get word before then, I'll try my best.)

* If anyone else is having this occur, please put in a ticket and say a word, nicely please, here in this thread. Obviously since this is a public thread, do not mention any private details...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    empressofshadowsempressofshadows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok I've fast forwarded this problem to the team. It's 3am on a Saturday morning on the west coast US at this time, so it will take a bit of time to get a response.

But I promise you, when they do get into work on Monday, this will be "sitting on their desk!"

(It is possible to get word before then, I'll try my best.)

Thank you!!! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you!!! :)

Sure thing empressofshadows, happy to help. We'll get a resolution.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I click the UGC link, the only shops I get listed to offer that card are US-based shops. Any hint on how us europeans can buy these gamecards?
    I'm located in Germany and the german gamestop office doesn't have gamecards, nor does Walmart or Staples seem to offer them here.
  • Options
    muqi81muqi81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I click the UGC link, the only shops I get listed to offer that card are US-based shops. Any hint on how us europeans can buy these gamecards?
    I'm located in Germany and the german gamestop office doesn't have gamecards, nor does Walmart or Staples seem to offer them here.
    try ones where you can buy online (pcgamesupply worked from Hungary)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Please be aware of scams, and non-participating offers. In order to ensure your identity is safe, that the item you purchase is legit, and in this case that you'll get your promo, only go to PW/Cryptic approved sites.

I requested info for non-US locales. I'll update as soon as I can (or someone above me at Cryptic will). Remember though, it's the weekend.

• Options
    melissandramelissandra Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks.
    I have another billing question though, since Euro and $ are rather different and the UGC are in $. 30$ UGC costs 23.08Euro, I can redeem @perfectworld for 27.99Euro, so could I redeem a 30$ + a 10$ UGC in one Zen purchase?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    FOR INTERNATIONAL/WORLDWIDE PURCHASES:

Go to the following website (its the one in the OP) and click Buy Online: http://www.ultimategamecard.com/fun/index.html?option=Neverwinter

There are purchase options there for our worldwide NW community members!

• Options
    talmaran1024talmaran1024 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    muqi81 wrote: »
    Well the +15% didn't work for me... got the 2090+110 as if I buy zen via paypal or CC so this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... NO bonus

I bought a $30 card for 23.08 EUR, on the charge zen page at payment via UGC there isn't any option for $30/23EUR so i checked the 18.99 EUR (2090+110) and I got only that value(some points left over on the UGC) with no bonus 15% so fix this pls.
    imo if you are posting something like this be shure it realy works....

Thank you for confirming my suspicions

European players are not getting a good deal from this even with the bonus just do the math

2090+110= 2200 zen
    15% of 2200 = 330 zen
    total zen 2530
    cost of card 23.08 euro
    cost of buying zen normal way 18.99 euro (2200zen)+ 4,99 euro (540zen) total paid 23,98 euro zen recieved 2740.
    so u pay 0.90 euro more for 210 zen more
    So European players be warned if on your account page the currency is euro u will lose money on zen
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks.
    I have another billing question though, since Euro and $ are rather different and the UGC are in $. 30$ UGC costs 23.08Euro, I can redeem @perfectworld for 27.99Euro, so could I redeem a 30$ + a 10$ UGC in one Zen purchase?

I have no idea but I'll find out!

• Options
    masterplan69masterplan69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just checked some of these sites and a couple of them are selling astral diamonds and gold for never winter u can get 1m ad for 5.31 does that mean that perfect world condone currency sellers as long as they get something for it HMMM
  • Options
    platplat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks.

Yes you can redeem two codes but you still dont get your 15% BONUS like they stated.

I spent $65 and got 5300 zen. Really wish they would put up that codes are in $ but if you are in the EU you will get charged alot more using the cards. IE $15 more if you want $50 worth.
  • Options
    raist67raist67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just bought two of the $50 cards from a website. During the checkout page on PWE's zen page it said I would get 5000 + 750 zen for a total of 5750 per card. Once I hit accept, the cards went through and I only got 5300 for each card for a total of 10600 zen. I tried to check the support link on PWEs site but it is down currently. I just want to know how I submit this error so I can get the 900 zen I was shorted?