test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter and Ultimate Game Cards - Get Bonus Zen!

12346»

Comments

• thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    This is truly an outrage. I tried contacting the customer support but for some reason I can't even select anything from the drop down menus. I bought the $30 UGC for the 22.41€ and I only got Zen for the worth of $20. I wonder where they get their currency rates since all the pages that I just checked clearly state that $30 is about 22€ but the site for buying the Zen says 27€. How can I contact them if their customer support is not working? I want the missing part!

Edit: I contacted them through the game. Let's see what happens.
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If anyone wants to spare a few dollars by buying a card online. Don't. You're better off paying Perfect World directly. With the fees and taxes, the bonus is nullified and some of the money is stuck as "Ultimate Points".

(I'm in Canada)

It's only good if you buy only through points card.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bought, paid more than through PWE, doesn't even work.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited June 2013
    I contacted them and they gave me a link to the store saying that the UGCs are only available in US and Canada and that I'm not entitled to customer support... Also how can they say that they aren't available because I was clearly able to buy one..?
  • preciousfaithpreciousfaith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jalfrey wrote: »
    I am pleased to say than PWE have added the 2600 AD to my account that I should have got from the UGC promotion. It took a lot of time and a lot of discussion via tickets once they did respond, but they eventually agreed to it. They have advised me not to purchase anymore UGC until such time as they can resolve the exchange rate issue.

What frustrated me most was I already took a hit on the exchange rate when I purched the UGC in USD originally, so it was very annoying when I then only got 9400 Zen for $100 UGC when I should have got 11500 (10 000 + 15% promotion) especially since it is unlikely that PWE actually convert the money to Euros - I suspect they actually receive the money in USD from the UGC which makes the exchange rate charge completely fictional.

My advice to people who have been hit by this exchange rate issue is to just keep on them about it - don't just sit back when they say "Contact UGC", you really have to push for it and remind them that you are a paying customer and probably won't continue to be a paying customer if they don't resolve the issue. I also mentioned the possibility that the promotion could be seen as fraudulent as it did not make any mention of these exchange rate issues - whether that swung their decision for me or not, I don't know, but being a well known consumer and civil rights advocate, I would be surprised if they aren't on shaky ground legally with this one.

I know this is going to frustrate people who still haven't had their issue resolved, but as I said, keep at it, hopefully common sense will prevail and they will realise that it is not a good idea to treat the people who pay their wages this way for the sake of a few Zen - which they can create at will, at no significant consequence to themselves.

would think they would sticky something like this so people wouldnt get annoyed from spending 20$ on something that doesnt equal the same value. I know in my country its actually illegal to do stuff like that (if you buy 20$ of Playstation credit you get 20$ worth, not 16.80)
  • preciousfaithpreciousfaith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I contacted them and they gave me a link to the store saying that the UGCs are only available in US and Canada and that I'm not entitled to customer support... Also how can they say that they aren't available because I was clearly able to buy one..?

EB games in Australia, New Zealand, and a few other places have Ultimate Game Cards, obusally PWE and UGC fail with communication
    edited June 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    when you register on the UGC site, up the top right is your country. What you pick is what it is charged as, as far as I can tell. When the AUS$ WAS HIGHER THAN $US , I got more value from it, since I didn't need as many Aus$ for their US$. Now that the Aus$ is below parity I get less.

I have only ever used UGC to pay for zen and never had a problem. Is Everyone picking UGC on the accts page and NOT Playspan?

the australian dollor is still higher than the american dollo by 0.07cents now if i do the math on that 20$ isnt 16$... should be about 20.14$....
  • voomdoom89voomdoom89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you pay thru paypal you will get the promo!
    edited June 2013
    This is ridiculous. In every single message I sent them, I ask where they got their exchange rates which seem to be wrong and they never answer that. Perfect World is now officially a scamming company in my books. I will never buy anything from their stores anymore but I still will probably keep playing. A whole hearted thanks a ****ing million!

Edit: What do you guys think? Is it okay to charge 27 euros for the 3000 Zen which should actually be 22 euros according to:
    http://www.suomenpankki.fi/en/tilastot/valuuttakurssit/Pages/default.aspx
    http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=30&From=USD&To=EUR
    http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=USD&to=EUR&amount=30
    http://www.ratesfx.com/rates/rate-converter.html

Here the Bank of Finland has an exchange rate of 1,31. This means that $30/1,31 = 22,90€.
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    HI every1.............
    i was at EB games 2day & saw the $20 ultimate game cards (sydney australia)
    are they any good? will i get the bonus? so far the only zen i have are through surveys i only want 2buy a bag...
    everything else i farm, use AD or swap other players for.....i just need more room in my packs what should i do?
    any1? because reading old posts there is a lot of pissed off players..............
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lpsx wrote: »
    HI every1.............
    i was at EB games 2day & saw the $20 ultimate game cards (sydney australia)
    are they any good? will i get the bonus? so far the only zen i have are through surveys i only want 2buy a bag...
    everything else i farm, use AD or swap other players for.....i just need more room in my packs what should i do?
    any1? because reading old posts there is a lot of pissed off players..............

The 20.00 card will give you 2300 Zen. https://billing.perfectworld.com/ go here, log in with your Perfect World account, redeem card, make sure you choose the "Ultimate Game Card" option. Then you will enter the scratch-off number on the back of the card. Then you get the Zen. THEN you choose the "Transfer Zen" option and move the Zen to Neverwinter. Then you have the zen to spend on the game.

I have bought a couple 20.00 packs, and I still had some unspent Zen from when I played STO. I like the extra perks that you can purchase with the Zen, especially the bags of holding and the account-wide mounts.
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am yet another victim of the ultimate game card scam payed 21$ Canadian for a $20 card when I went to redeem the card it said I need $2.02 more to complete the transaction ugc is ether charging us for the promotional points and or has incorrect exchange rates.
  • insanef00linsanef00l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am yet another victim of the ultimate game card scam payed 21$ Canadian for a $20 card when I went to redeem the card it said I need $2.02 more to complete the transaction ugc is ether charging us for the promotional points and or has incorrect exchange rates.
    I can almost feel the World laughing at me... all the information was right here but I never bothered to check until I'd become another thoughtless victim.
    How is it that I now have to pay a total of $3 more than the advertised $20 just to get $20 worth of Zen??
    If there's a lesson here I guess it's never spend money on Neverwinter, or any other Perfect World game.
    I feel cheated.

I'm happy to say that UltimatePay quickly resolved this issue after only one day. Their helpful representative gave me a code to cover the erroneous "currency exchange" fee and I've now received my 2300 Zen for $20.
    Thank you UltimatePay, for restoring my faith in wasting my money ;)
  • nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    For American players, a $20 dollar worth UGC is 2300 Zen. It costs roughly $0.87 for 100 zen.
    For European players, a 18.99 euro worth UGC costs $26.01 and gives 2513 Zen. It costs $1.035 for 100 zen. (Please, note that there are certain denominations of cards and you can't buy an exactly $26.01 worth card)
    European players pay roughly 19% more plus unused card limit (unless they are using UP and have UP points)

European players can try using VPN services to hide their IP behind proxies but PWE recognizes many open proxies. Plus, you risk into getting with shady service providers and VPN services are not free.
    So, this difference is not worth the hassle unless you are already using a good VPN service provider for netflix etc.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    et20 wrote: »
    this deal sucks if you have to pay tax on the cards. assuming you get 5k for 50$. 50$+13%=56.50. 5000+15%=5750. woot bonus 100 zen? like it's not even worth the gas or the effort of going to that store just to get a card.

No sales tax on the card.