test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My 2cents. (need a LOT of work) :(

h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I love the adventure in this game but now that I reached lvl40 it started badly being frustrating. The stories, the dungeons are totally bringing back the real old-school paper and pencil rpg, guys you hit the nail with the editor, the enviroment, all top notch! Graph isn't bad either!

The biggest issue with the game, is that you got soo many child-sicknesses in your development. You know, simple logical hindrances, that on the long run just killing the game completely.
Grouping up is terrible in this game. Can't just right click inv on chat, the mouse visibility (to show and click on things) on the long run is very frustrating, somehow its too ... jerky. push alt, mouse over stuff (e.g. in dungeon, you can't see the item's lvl when you have to select need greed, but then if you wan't to be nice and not need on everything you have to look whats the item lvl and all. Now I dare you, mouse over the item to check during combat or say, boss fight! :D)

Somehow I feel that the dev team isn't that experienced. A lot of mmo "thingie" that is a minimum nowadays not implemented. And it would be fine, unless we wouldn't go through already in the issues like these (*cough* wow, *cough* 8years anyone).

I know its beta I know the big bugs will be fixed. But the important bugs, that will frustrat us at end-game will stay in-game for months, maybe years. Not sure why is that (with every mmo I might add).
I feel like standing up, buying a plane ticket and going there and help you with development, because me sending bugs bugs bugs, feels wasted time (and I mean it I send bugs and I would send dozens more if the ingame bug report would work :S).
Post edited by h0p3i on

Comments

• Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h0p3i wrote: »
    I love the adventure in this game but now that I reached lvl40 it started badly being frustrating. The stories, the dungeons are totally bringing back the real old-school paper and pencil rpg, guys you hit the nail with the editor, the enviroment, all top notch! Graph isn't bad either!

The biggest issue with the game, is that you got soo many child-sicknesses in your development. You know, simple logical hindrances, that on the long run just killing the game completely.
    Grouping up is terrible in this game. Can't just right click inv on chat, the mouse visibility (to show and click on things) on the long run is very frustrating, somehow its too ... jerky. push alt, mouse over stuff (e.g. in dungeon, you can't see the item's lvl when you have to select need greed, but then if you wan't to be nice and not need on everything you have to look whats the item lvl and all. Now I dare you, mouse over the item to check during combat or say, boss fight! :D)

Somehow I feel that the dev team isn't that experienced. A lot of mmo "thingie" that is a minimum nowadays not implemented. And it would be fine, unless we wouldn't go through already in the issues like these (*cough* wow, *cough* 8years anyone).

I know its beta I know the big bugs will be fixed. But the important bugs, that will frustrat us at end-game will stay in-game for months, maybe years. Not sure why is that (with every mmo I might add).
    I feel like standing up, buying a plane ticket and going there and help you with development, because me sending bugs bugs bugs, feels wasted time (and I mean it I send bugs and I would send dozens more if the ingame bug report would work :S).

This game is *nothing* like a Wow clone, lmao. Yes its bad but its not a Wow clone. Not even close. COMPLETELY different combat... its not target lock, button mash by any means. And there is this little thing called.... FOUNDRY. The ability for users to create content is not a feature of Wow.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game is *nothing* like a Wow clone, lmao. Yes its bad but its not a Wow clone. Not even close. COMPLETELY different combat... its not target lock, button mash by any means. And there is this little thing called.... FOUNDRY. The ability for users to create content is not a feature of Wow.
    I agree with nearly everything you said. Except I really love this game (while it DOES have a lot of bugs) and that with some time and effort it could be truly fantastic.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's almost like they are using a different edition of D&D or something... Anyway I'm going to play Monopoly tonight ..I know it's a WoW clone but whatever.

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    You can say there's a lot of things that need to be worked on but you really lose your credibility when you call this game a wow clone.
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    I agree with nearly everything you said. Except I really love this game (while it DOES have a lot of bugs) and that with some time and effort it could be truly fantastic.

Well why I say its bad is how Cryptic/PW implemented currencies, their ridiculous chat lockout mechanic, and some other quirky issues.. I don't understand it. It hurts good players more than it deters bad players from spamming. I don't understand why /ignore is not enough. Its worked fine for every other game and look at how many people it annoys in this game and other Cryptic games vs. how many people are royally irritated by it.

Technically the game rocks. (yes it needed significantly more QA testing and capacity planning). The combat is probably the best on any MMO to date, the graphics rock, the D&D feel is good. But Cryptic/EA just don't know how to run a big boy MMO IMHO. Their quick cash grab mentality might keep them afloat, but a little more R&D in this game and this could easily survive as a subscription model and evolve into something huge. Instead they will nickel and dime players and slowly hemorrhage population until its on life support. Companies just don't understand.. there are a lot of people out there willing to pay $15/mo, even much more for a well-rounded game. But all these half baked releases we keep seeing just boggle the mind.

I wish their investors would see this and clean house at those levels because this game could be huge but I have a bad feeling the population numbers will go down significantly over the next 90 days.. and especially after Wildstar and TESO.
  • Options
    buksevannbuksevann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really just play for the pvp, and the way of fighting is really good, atleast as a CW. But i just uninstalled the game, the pvp is just so broken that its not playable. I know its a beta, but i dont have time to wait for fixes for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I would think you atleast got the party inviter and balance of teams done properly... i guess not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    buksevann wrote: »
    I really just play for the pvp, and the way of fighting is really good, atleast as a CW. But i just uninstalled the game, the pvp is just so broken that its not playable. I know its a beta, but i dont have time to wait for fixes for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I would think you atleast got the party inviter and balance of teams done properly... i guess not.

Haha I'm teetering on the edge of uninstalling right now as well. Its taking up prime real-estate on my SSD and honestly this game is months away from being fixed, if ever... and Wildstar is gonna drop soon. Gotta make some room. Just a pain though down the road if you come back... hours and hours of patches... ugh.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how you can call this a wow clone is beyond comprehensible. That's like saying an apple is an orange clone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how you can call this a wow clone is beyond comprehensible. That's like saying an apple is an orange clone.

Its a wow clone:

1) Its online
    2) It has big bad monsters
    3) There are guilds
    4) There is crafting
    5) There is PVP

ITS A WOW CLONE!!!!
  • Options
    dndjessdndjess Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Weird how the title calls this a WoW-clone, but the OP doesn't even point out any ways that this game is the same as WoW. There really isn't that much similarity between the two, and my guess is that the OP never actually played WoW.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish the WoW kiddies would stop calling everything a WoW clone. If anything WoW copied from other games when it first came out.
  • Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    how is it a WoW clone when it's absolutely nothing like WoW?
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It uses most of the elements from WoW.

A broken 2008 version of WoW.
  • Options
    buksevannbuksevann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha I'm teetering on the edge of uninstalling right now as well. Its taking up prime real-estate on my SSD and honestly this game is months away from being fixed, if ever... and Wildstar is gonna drop soon. Gotta make some room. Just a pain though down the road if you come back... hours and hours of patches... ugh.

Wildstar for sure! Much more promesing than this ####
  • Options
    somnolence2somnolence2 Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2013

You mean it is fantasy, dwarfs and orcs and elves and has quests and a starting zone and dungeons? So it's a clone of every fantasy game ever created?
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - because some times MMO's fail.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

So by your logic then Wow is a clone of EQ1 and UO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    buksevann wrote: »
    Wildstar for sure! Much more promesing than this ####

Honestly I hadn't even considered it until just recently. I had even forgotten about it until I saw it being mentioned in these forums. Since then I've scoured their site, their forums and even found 2 coworkers in the beta.. Needless to say, I'm very stoked for it now. Its looks more promising than TESO.. I'm very wary about TESO though... they really need to hit one out of the park at release but I'll still give it a shot. I've been getting mixed feedback from those I know in the beta. If it keeps me enthused even 1/10 of what their single player titles did I'll get way more than my money out of it.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    No, useless dickrider.

I'm not going to sit here and list the thousands of copied elements.

you don't really need to, because D&D is older than WoW. beside, WoW is developed by simply "cloning" system that exist that day. well, perhaps if anyone insist you can try to mention the "copied" part, but, I don't really think I will surprise
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It uses most of the elements from WoW. A broken 2008 version of WoW.

WoW uses most of the elements from all MMOs and many RPGs before WoW.

I don't know how to put this, but I can't shake the feeling that WoW was not only the first MMO for many people, but also the first video game.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just another in the endless stream of 5 man, class limited, theme park equipment grinders.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just another in the endless stream of 5 man, class limited, theme park equipment grinders.

If that's what you focus on. You could play and create foundry quests instead. You know, something you can't do in WoW. It's right there, and it's something very few MMOs feature.

People complain about MMOs being same-y, but reject everything that's different or new.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    If that's what you focus on. You could play and create foundry quests instead. You know, something you can't do in WoW. It's right there, and it's something very few MMOs feature.

People complain about MMOs being same-y, but reject everything that's different or new.

Yes, I don't think the devs are doing enough to expand or promote the Foundry right now. A lot of people act like it doesn't even exist for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Its a wow clone because:
    The combat mechanics are totally similar, crit system, dmg system, lvl system, croud control. Most of the ideas are older than wow, yes. But we all know which game is the biggest badasses out there (even though we hate it now like crazy).

The whole game development system, pvp, pve, lvl up, get tokens, and stuff... its all fashioned to masterpiece in wow, you can say there were other games like that, but nothing beats the good old wow grinding. Unfortunately same (or even worse) here, with the Shards (40k per retalent, give me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> break, never, I rather delete the char and start all over again, that will take faster believe me than to gather up 40k shard).

Back to the point... when people like me say wow clone is not because wow was the first game like this and they are invented everything. No. Wow clone means that other people thought: Man this game is badassly earning tons of money I want a game like that. Thats why its a wow clone.

And most importantly: Its a wow clone because most of the trolls here coming from wow you can just smell the blizzfrost on your tongues guys! Trolling got totally invented by blizzard[forums] when it comes to forums and mmos.

So yeah a wow clone. Now go, play your game, I'm fine with it [but prob. not spending much time onit anymore, but who cares anyways]
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a WoW clone, its actually a clone of both Guild Wars and Diablo...
    GW2 introduced the "Lets use loads of AoE to compensate for poor/nonexistant game mechanism" and Diablo well, Diablo is the only other game I can think of in which you use that many Potions o.O
    I never used Potions in WoW, except when I was Ganking Newbs... lol and even tho WoW sucked balls, game mechanics was fun.
    Its a wow clone:

1) Its online
    2) It has big bad monsters
    3) There are guilds
    4) There is crafting
    5) There is PVP

ITS A WOW CLONE!!!!

Then WoW is an Everquest Clone and hmmm... Everquest is an UO Clone huh ?
    WoW brought us Trolls from its Breeding Pit in the Barrens o.O
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013

... Why "stand up" to buy a plane ticket? If you're sitting at a PC, just buy one online.

While you're at it, you might want to think about community college; that's if you've actually made it through a primary and secondary education.

After briefly attempting to understand your analysis of the game as you present it; in my opinion you won't be teaching anyone, anything, anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    WoW uses most of the elements from all MMOs and many RPGs before WoW.

I don't know how to put this, but I can't shake the feeling that WoW was not only the first MMO for many people, but also the first video game.

^ this.

WoW was the first MMO for a lot of people playing now days. A lot. Most still think WoW was the first MMO.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a wow clone because:
    The combat mechanics are totally similar,

Does anyone know what game this poster is playing?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Its a wow clone because:
    The combat mechanics are totally similar, crit system, dmg system, lvl system, croud control. Most of the ideas are older than wow, yes. But we all know which game is the biggest badasses out there (even though we hate it now like crazy).

The whole game development system, pvp, pve, lvl up, get tokens, and stuff... its all fashioned to masterpiece in wow, you can say there were other games like that, but nothing beats the good old wow grinding. Unfortunately same (or even worse) here, with the Shards (40k per retalent, give me a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> break, never, I rather delete the char and start all over again, that will take faster believe me than to gather up 40k shard).

Back to the point... when people like me say wow clone is not because wow was the first game like this and they are invented everything. No. Wow clone means that other people thought: Man this game is badassly earning tons of money I want a game like that. Thats why its a wow clone.

And most importantly: Its a wow clone because most of the trolls here coming from wow you can just smell the blizzfrost on your tongues guys! Trolling got totally invented by blizzard[forums] when it comes to forums and mmos.

So yeah a wow clone. Now go, play your game, I'm fine with it [but prob. not spending much time onit anymore, but who cares anyways]

Translation: HERP-A-DERP - Horrific troll attempt.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    just stop pay attention on people like this,blizzard fans will always say for every game that is WOW clone.They are just ignorant little children or just idiots that still think that WOW is first MMO.
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yawn. Every game except for WOW and EVE have a thread about the game being a WOW clone in their forums. I am beggining to wonder if any of the authors really ever did play WOW. . .
    Cuz you sebestimated me!