test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 05/23/13

Comments

• mlownzmlownz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when are you gonna fix the DC divine glow?
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up late working. Get to the point where I have to wait an hour for a job to run... Oh yeah! A little Neverwinter while I watch it!

Wrong. Thank you Mr Murphy :(

On the upside - great to hear you guys are fixing the market!
  • vonuberwaldvonuberwald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :cool:do not extend the maint. At all the majority of players would rather level than ah.......
  • gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes? Anywhere? Bueller?
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    :cool:do not extend the maint. At all the majority of players would rather level than ah.......
    LMAO, someone please delete this post.
    Please do extend the maintenance if it means the lag will be fixed, also the ah.
  • vonuberwaldvonuberwald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DO NOT EXTEND MAINT. THE MAJORITY OF PLAYER'S WOULD RATHER LEVEL THAN A frikken H
    edited May 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    LMAO, someone please delete this post.
    Please do extend the maintenance if it means the lag will be fixed, also the ah.
    Correct it was posted as a semi funny.
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    am level 59 and really dont give two cents on whether ah is fixed or not I rather have it stable and ready then rushed
  • gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Where's my free cat, I was told if I came to play everyone could get a free cat.
  • nickeleyenickeleye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Log on just in time to see 5 minutes til maintenance. These always hit at the most unconventional times for me. Great game though, short of that.
  • zigazagzigazag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Have you guys EVER seen or played in an open beta? This is not one!

<Don't post links discussing exploits!>

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!

You, Sir. Are not the brightest apple in the barrel. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agreed...lvl 58 here and I hardly every use the AH but I'd rather them fix what needs fixing. If it means extended maintenance then so be it. I'll live....maybe... :D
    edited May 2013

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!

Is that true about WOW's subs? Where did you hear that?
  • lordofdestructinglordofdestructing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never used it, can even you sell epics for decent AD below lvl 60? I'm lvl 43, but I can't imagine it changing until what you buy is permanent.
  • iguman69iguman69 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please fix the Lair of the Mad Dragon Chartilifax? because its pretty much only for those well geared over powered hardcore players to finish... i wasted at least 4 hours with different party members and all of them are quitting after being dead for 4-5 times at the boss fight... the dragon boss monster is not the issue here.. its the outrageously strong adds that pops up from nowhere at a very alarming fast re-spawn rate... how the hell can a party kill 5-10 spell casting mobs? most players at lvl30 skips this dungeon and i will be included for that one coz its a waste of time... can you PLEASE fix this? thanks

A dragon isn't supposed to be easy to kill, especially taking into consideration that the boss of the dungeon before it was a bandit pirate. I didn't do it on the first try, but after several failed parties, we managed to kill him, making it all the more sweeter. All you need is coordination and good communication between party members. The dragon is fine as it is, best boss I came across so far, it actually requires skill and not just remembering your rotation of spells and going all in
  • the1prometheusthe1prometheus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I want to know about are the status of my nuked Celestial coins from the day of the extended-extended-extended-infinity maintenance. I had 2 characters with 7 coins each during the rollback period and ZERO coins after I got up after the maintenance was finally over at 3AM my time locally. I got up about 9AM after waiting til nearly 2AM.

It was said in MANY twitter posts concerning the coins that they realized this was a significant issue that would be addressed SEPARATELY from any 'gesture of thanks' from PWE/Neverwinter. The reason this is a thing that logically SHOULD be a separate issue is that I had my 14-coins BEFORE the time of the roll-back, so they did not apply to items lost during the period covered by the roll-back. We now have the gesture, so what's the deal about my 14-coins? Any word on that? I'd like to know because if I had to trade one for another I'd rather have my coins instead please. Thanks.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes are now available at: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896121
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    iguman69 wrote: »
    A dragon isn't supposed to be easy to kill, especially taking into consideration that the boss of the dungeon before it was a bandit pirate. I didn't do it on the first try, but after several failed parties, we managed to kill him, making it all the more sweeter. All you need is coordination and good communication between party members. The dragon is fine as it is, best boss I came across so far, it actually requires skill and not just remembering your rotation of spells and going all in

Nope.....that encounter is totally bogus.
    no one can handle those adds unless they went to the zen shop and bought healthstones for everyone. I've done that encounter about 10 times and haven't beat it. And at that level my gear score was 3000 which is darn good for a level 31 toon.

Those adds either have a million hit points, or 95% damage reduction. I beat on the same Erinyes for 15 minutes and she didn't die.
  • lordofdestructinglordofdestructing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I beat it at first try, as a tank. I dunno about everyone else's levels and classes, but I was middle-level compared to the dungeon.
  • zigazagzigazag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bruggzy wrote: »
    Anywho, they are definitely smart calling this an open beta. I mean they get to charge people and still have the excuse to fall back on that it is still in testing. The fact that nothing will be wiped and they are charging means it really is not an open beta. Name one other game that has done it this way. And as far as "Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even." .... quit pullin this **** outta your ***. That's just not true.

Firefall there i named one and its not the only one. Try not berating others while looking the fool.
    edited May 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    no one can handle those adds unless they went to the zen shop and bought healthstones for everyone. I've done that encounter about 10 times and haven't beat it. And at that level my gear score was 3000 which is darn good for a level 31 toon.

Those adds either have a million hit points, or 95% damage reduction. I beat on the same Erinyes for 15 minutes and she didn't die.

A lot of people don't understand that all 5 of you should take out the mobs as they appear, and not wait for them to pile up. The only time you're damaging the dragon is when there's no adds around. Imps are fine, but as soon as the Mages appear, rush them. A Cleric (obviously) and a Control Wizard (the more the better) are a must. We did it with 2 TRs, 1 CW, 1 Cleric, and 1 Weapons master. All of us lvl 32-34.

You said you beat on the same Erinyes for 15 minutes, that's the thing - the whole party is supposed to focus on the adds, not just you. If there's more than 2 Caster adds out at the same time, you're doing something wrong
  • the1prometheusthe1prometheus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Originally Posted by bruggzy View Post
    Anywho, they are definitely smart calling this an open beta. I mean they get to charge people and still have the excuse to fall back on that it is still in testing. The fact that nothing will be wiped and they are charging means it really is not an open beta. Name one other game that has done it this way. And as far as "Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even." .... quit pullin this **** outta your ***. That's just not true."
    zigazag wrote: »
    Firefall there i named one and its not the only one. Try not berating others while looking the fool.

Quoted directly: "Any game released by Perfect World Entertainment that is in a "beta" phase, will not be allowed transfers of ZEN because those servers will be wiped and restarted once the game goes live and the ZEN shop opened for the game. If the only characters you have on your account are for a game that is in it's beta phase, you will run into the error telling you that your account does not have a level 10+ character on it.

We do not allow purchases to go to games in a "beta" phase because typically the beta is only for testing purposes to get the game ready for a commercial release (meaning it can go live to the public). We will allow payments for ZEN and transfers to these games once the beta is completed and the game releases the ZEN shop."
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »

My first attempt was with one of each class in the group and I knew that was going to fail because nobody was helping me (the cleric) with adds.

My second attempt the game paired me up with a GWF and three other DC's. The fight took a loong time but 4 DC's and 1 GWF managed to do it. O.O

I think it helped that it seemed that the DC's all had a nice mix of builds and different abilities slotted for the most part.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • liliadnaliliadna Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2013

I wouldn't see it so dire, beta or not in online games you usually pay subscription regardless on how the game is or is not fun. If you spend 20EUR and buy some stuff its still cheaper than lets say going into pub and buy yourself few beers which will entertain you for one evening, but items in game (if not consumables) will last a little longer and even if they shut down servers in three months you payed for fun you had during this period of time and if you don't want to support developers by spending money you can still have fun for free so stop whining and have some fun while you can... **** it :]]]
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    My first attempt was with one of each class in the group and I knew that was going to fail because nobody was helping me (the cleric) with adds.

My second attempt the game paired me up with a GWF and three other DC's. The fight took a loong time but 4 DC's and 1 GWF managed to do it. O.O

I think it helped that it seemed that the DC's all had a nice mix of builds and different abilities slotted for the most part.

Exactly. The boss is pretty straightforward, you dodge his breath, take out the adds as soon as they appear and damage him when you can. I'm fed up with people QQing about the Mad Dragon because they didn't beat him on the first try because they went in with no plan and tried to button mash their way through
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When it comes to dungeons, we tried taking on the Icespire Peak one and we had FOUR TRs and a GWF LOL...no WAY were we gonna make it without a cleric with a brain. The companion clerics are great in regular gameplay but pretty useless in dungeons since they won't stay out of the fray and go down sooner rather than later. I tend to consider the first dungeon boss encounter a trial run through so our party can figure out a plan of attack.

I don't think any area is "unbeatable" as long as you've got a properly balanced party and a plan of attack (Four Trickster Rogues and a GWF is NOT balanced LOL)

**to clarify, WE didn't party up together that way that's just what the queue did to us :D
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Things are going well. We'll open the gates to Neverwinter as soon as we can.
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @cmpin: Hmm, it'd be nice if the AH functions properly now. There are some major issues that make it hard search for an item that you want to buy, such as the minimum level imput not working when searching for a certain level type of gear (example 59-60). This makes searching for certain items very tedious seeing as some of them have the same image but have different level reqs. The highest/lowest bid @ top and shortest/longest time remaining @ top options don't work either. Please fix this when you get a chance to if you haven't already done so with this patch. Thanks!
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
    edited May 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    @cmpin: Hmm, it'd be nice if the AH functions properly now. There are some major issues that make it hard search for an item that you want to buy, such as the minimum level imput not working when searching for a certain level type of gear (example 59-60). This makes searching for certain items very tedious seeing as some of them have the same image but have different level reqs. The highest/lowest bid @ top and shortest/longest time remaining @ top options don't work either. Please fix this when you get a chance to if you haven't already done so with this patch. Thanks!

This has been reported and the team is working on this. Thanks for posting with your concern - it's definitely appreciated.
    edited May 2013
    Things are going well. We'll open the gates to Neverwinter as soon as we can.

Can't wait...
This discussion has been closed.