numberunoaholenumberunoahole Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atechhh wrote: »
    Will the AH be up after this maintenance? Am confus

as long as the tests during maintenance show its working, then yes
  • Options
    smurph115smurph115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So are you saying the AH is being fixed with this patch or no? Didnt say it very clearly.
  • Options
    evilbuttzevilbuttz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tnx, keep it up...
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmusica wrote: »
    If you check the Neverwinter Twitter account tweet when they announced this, they included a screenshot of what looks like a rogue with a quiver (Ranger/Archer class) and what I assume might be a Warlock. Here's to praying for new classes tomorrow morning.

BK6kBuLCAAAqSOB.jpg:large
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmusica wrote: »
    If you check the Neverwinter Twitter account tweet when they announced this, they included a screenshot of what looks like a rogue with a quiver (Ranger/Archer class) and what I assume might be a Warlock. Here's to praying for new classes tomorrow morning.

You should get your eyes checked. The one in the background is not a warlock, but is a normal cleric. If you follow the stream of magic, you will see he is targeting the creature with Astral Seal. As for the Drow, she is a double dagger wielding rogue, as normal
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    athrogatez wrote: »
    HAHAHAH even when they say there will be patch notes they still wont let us in on what they are until its patched... Greatest communication ever

A lot of the times the things they fix are exploits and bugs that can be exploited. So they don't post what they fix until the server is down (Instead of just bringing down the servers at random times).
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    because blogspot is a reputable source. -_-
    i just want companion unbinding to work. that is all.
    Oh that would be nice...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the heads up
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should get your eyes checked. The one in the background is not a warlock, but is a normal cleric. If you follow the stream of magic, you will see he is targeting the creature with Astral Seal. As for the Drow, she is a double dagger wielding rogue, as normal

Little harsh, maybe you should get your eyes checked. The rogue has a quiver on his back which no rogue items in-game now have. I don't play cleric/wizard so I don't know what their abilities are/look like.

No need to be so lippy, get back under your bridge.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Have you guys EVER seen or played in an open beta? This is not one!

<Removed Link>

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!

Lol just because one person writes that in a BLOG, doesnt mean its "The whole internet...
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, i am wondering why that rogue has a quiver...seriously cryptic, what sort of evil trick are you pulling here D:

Also, i cant help but notice that divine cleric doesn't have a icon in his hand that i can make out, to cast with..in fact it looks almost like they are holding an orb o.O

As to the comments on cheats, there are ALWAYS cheats. Those that use them usually end up crying later, why? because those sites practically ALWAYS datamine your computer, steal bank account info etc and make fortunes selling on your information or just mining your account for money xD
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013

False. The cleric seal skill is yellow, Not white.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am interested to see where that screenshot goes.
    The quiver is definitely a sign of ranger I would think.

As for the caster... the runes on the mob are the exact same as the interior of the DC's Astral Seal. But it does not have the outer ring that Astral Seal has. Now it could be possible that they took the screenshot the nano-second before the outer ring materialized. But in Live they do seem to materialize together. However it could be faster than the naked eye can detect.

So, I will go with a Two-weapon Ranger and Devoted Cleric (for the sake of uncertainty) as a guess. Although I would be happier than a pig in (bleep) if it were a warlock.

Also they are later than usual posting the Patch Notes. hmmmm :confused:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »
    BK6kBuLCAAAqSOB.jpg:large

could be the quiver is a new item that goes in the neck slot ( just like cloaks and capes do) with a quiver look or an ranger in melee range?
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, i just went to check.

That is the Astral Seal animation and coloration, BUT:

The three white lines are white instead of blue, and as it has been stated it lacks the outer part of the seal.

I think were reading too much into the cleric x3

Im not gonna be too hopeful. Most likely scenario? New rogue item is a quiver for the neck slot.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    valderusvalderus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    It may be far fetched, but there is a guy in heavy armor that seems (it may be the coloring) highly ornamented, behind the bone golem, with a tower shield. Could that be the Protecting Paladin?

Also, i believe the Astral Seal animation has an outer ring with something that reminds me of the zodiac circle and the Neverwinter Nights Eye.

And i never seen a rogue with a quiver before :P

If this patch gonna add new classes, i'm buying character slots asap. xD
  • Options
    basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    cant wait for patch notes
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    valderus wrote: »
    It may be far fetched, but there is a guy in heavy armor that seems (it may be the coloring) highly ornamented, behind the bone golem, with a tower shield. Could that be the Protecting Paladin?

Also, i believe the Astral Seal animation has an outer ring with something that reminds me of the zodiac circle and the Neverwinter Nights Eye.

And i never seen a rogue with a quiver before :P

If this patch gonna add new classes, i'm buying character slots asap. xD

I'm waiting eagerly for the patch notes. If new classes are coming I am getting my character slots NAO!!!
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    I am interested to see where that screenshot goes.
    The quiver is definitely a sign of ranger I would think.

As for the caster... the runes on the mob are the exact same as the interior of the DC's Astral Seal. But it does not have the outer ring that Astral Seal has. Now it could be possible that they took the screenshot the nano-second before the outer ring materialized. But in Live they do seem to materialize together. However it could be faster than the naked eye can detect.

So, I will go with a Two-weapon Ranger and Devoted Cleric (for the sake of uncertainty) as a guess. Although I would be happier than a pig in (bleep) if it were a warlock.

Also they are later than usual posting the Patch Notes. hmmmm :confused:

I thought the same exact thign when i saw the picture on twitter. Was thinking to myself "hmm, a picture for an update notice..." then saw the rogue w/ the quiver on its back.....ooOOoo...

Either they are releasing some cosmetic item upgrades, like new thigns to go in place of cloaks/necklace. Or its the ranger. And why would a rogue have a quiver visual w/ out a reason to carry arrows in it??
  • Options
    numpadicnumpadic Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get so lucky O.o, that would be best birthday present ever XD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, they are nearly two hours later than normal posting patch notes.
    Either they forgot and went home for the night... or they are holding out til the last minute for a reason. Hrmmmm!

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been beta testing for about 20 years now in many different games. This is mostly certainly a beta. All games go through an open beta process but everyone of them you have someone like you who does not understand the development process. So what they are charging for a cash shop? Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even. Is it any different? No. Just because it is an open beta does it not mean they can not make money off of it. that rule is stated no where. It is there design process if they feel they want to make money while still testing then that is there business. It does not change the fact that it is in fact beta.

So maybe the reason why no one responds to you is because either 1 you have no clue on how the development process works or 2 you are just some kid trolling for attention.

Over 20 years on this planet and you still can not figure out their, they're, there.... christ.

Anywho, they are definitely smart calling this an open beta. I mean they get to charge people and still have the excuse to fall back on that it is still in testing. The fact that nothing will be wiped and they are charging means it really is not an open beta. Name one other game that has done it this way. And as far as "Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even." .... quit pullin this **** outta your ***. That's just not true.

You should not be calling the above poster a kid, as I am guessing you yourself are one. That or you are just special in that "wears a helmet around the house" sort of way.
  • Options
    bushy808bushy808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bruggzy wrote: »
    Over 20 years on this planet and you still can not figure out their, they're, there.... christ.

Anywho, they are definitely smart calling this an open beta. I mean they get to charge people and still have the excuse to fall back on that it is still in testing. The fact that nothing will be wiped and they are charging means it really is not an open beta. Name one other game that has done it this way. And as far as "Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even." .... quit pullin this **** outta your ***. That's just not true.

You should not be calling the above poster a kid, as I am guessing you yourself are one. That or you are just special in that "wears a helmet around the house" sort of way.

Grammar policing is akin to trolling. You got the gist of his message, so how he spelled it didnt' matter. You understood what was being said, and the message is all that really counts. Unless its **** near unreadable, a few typos are expected.

As much as most of us do not enjoy PWI's pricing model, its not some rule they are breaking. Nothing says they can't charge you to buy vanity items in an unfinished game. Nothing says that they couldnt' just flat our charge you a monthly fee, or a one time purchase for a game STILL in beta. Nothing says they can't. Just because other popular MMOs that you have played didn't take this route, doesn't make it illegal or false. If its that bad, and a practice you dont' like -that- much, i would suggest weighing your support of the game with your presence of teaching PWI/devs a lesson by not supporting their methods via quitting.

there are also quite a few games out now that are charging for beta access, as they are from smaller companies that require kickstarter donations to keep funding their projects. Or simply because the game is in a playable fashion, but not perfect, and can therefore be placed on market to try and make some money during that processes. Rather than just be a money sink during the -entire- development phase.

And trying to make snap judgements of an entire person's overall demeanor/beliefs/living location/salary/mental competance or not just a **** bot off of a single post...is...well...a good indication for the rest of us that we might actually be better off not reading what you have to say next time. Or someone like me might end up wasting 5min of their life responding...oh god, does that mean i just fed the troll? /wrist
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Have you guys EVER seen or played in an open beta? This is not one!

<Removed Link>

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!

You still spreading this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around? Why dont you just, quit?
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if this was "open Beta" with no wipes on launch, then.... it goes to reason, there would be wipes during the open beta, just not at it's end.

there are simply to many things adding up to state it's not a beta.
  • Options
    ryaboryabo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been beta testing for about 20 years now in many different games. This is mostly certainly a beta. All games go through an open beta process but everyone of them you have someone like you who does not understand the development process. So what they are charging for a cash shop? Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even. Is it any different? No. Just because it is an open beta does it not mean they can not make money off of it. that rule is stated no where. It is there design process if they feel they want to make money while still testing then that is there business. It does not change the fact that it is in fact beta.

So maybe the reason why no one responds to you is because either 1 you have no clue on how the development process works or 2 you are just some kid trolling for attention.

In a subscription based game you dont have to pay monthly fees because it is beta, they release to start charging the monthly fee.

If a free to play game charges real money for the cash shop it is released, regardles what the developer calls it. They call it open beta just as an excude for all the bugs and exploits. The developer has in this case the priority in making money and not in finishing the game.

If you want to talk about development processes, this is called Perpetual beta. The software usally never leaves the beta state!

The business modell is 100% in place and the only difference between open beta and release is the name, especially when no wipe is planned. So in short you are naive and have clue no how the business works.
  • Options
    princemarkx01princemarkx01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Neverwinter fans,

We're going to perform maintenance on all shards starting tomorrow morning, 5/23, at 7 A.M. PDT (Pacific) (When is it in your time zone?) to fix a few high-priority issues in game. We plan to bring back the Auction House after extensive testing and verification. The estimated down time is 90 minutes, but may be extended if we experience any issues during maintenance.

Patch notes will be posted here once they are available.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to improve Neverwinter during Open Beta. We'll work to get you in game as quickly as possible!

Cheers,
    Pin

Can you please fix the Lair of the Mad Dragon Chartilifax? because its pretty much only for those well geared over powered hardcore players to finish... i wasted at least 4 hours with different party members and all of them are quitting after being dead for 4-5 times at the boss fight... the dragon boss monster is not the issue here.. its the outrageously strong adds that pops up from nowhere at a very alarming fast re-spawn rate... how the hell can a party kill 5-10 spell casting mobs? most players at lvl30 skips this dungeon and i will be included for that one coz its a waste of time... can you PLEASE fix this? thanks
  • Options
    myyth99myyth99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ryabo wrote: »
    In a subscription based game you dont have to pay monthly fees because it is beta, they release to start charging the monthly fee.

If a free to play game charges real money for the cash shop it is released, regardles what the developer calls it. They call it open beta just as an excude for all the bugs and exploits. The developer has in this case the priority in making money and not in finishing the game.

If you want to talk about development processes, this is called Perpetual beta. The software usally never leaves the beta state!

The business modell is 100% in place and the only difference between open beta and release is the name, especially when no wipe is planned. So in short you are naive and have clue no how the business works.

Your argument is counter-productive to itself. Alot of Subscription based games give guaranteed beta access by charging you ahead of time. Cryptic offered the same thing. Just because Cryptic threw their cash shop out and a subscription based game (unless they had one) didn't, doesn't mean squat. Noone was, is, or has been 'forced' to purchase anything from the cash shop in order to play this game so theoretically, there's no difference and the fact that they released it, is moot.

To think that a known developer would keep a 'beta' tag on a product just so they have an excuse to cover up bugs and exploits, is naive. They have a beta tag on there BECUASE THEY KNOW that there are bugs and exploits and they want people to help them test it. Maybe Cryptic decided they wanted a little extra cash and funding and as a thank you, they decided to '-not- wipe characters from Open Beta, so that they could get more people to test it. Alot don't play like it's a real game when they know their character is getting wiped. You're entitled to your opinion, however I believe that doesn't shift the developer's focus off of bugs just so that they can make money. That doesn't compute. Logic states they'd want to fix their product, so they can make even more money.

What defines the term "Beta" is the fact that the product is 'not finished'. That's the basis of it. It doesn't matter what definition you go by, be it a dictionary, some wiki, or by any other game, industry, or developer's definitions. Cryptic is the developer, and can call it whatever the hell they like.

Point being, doesn't matter if it's "Open Beta", "Closed Beta", "Live" or whatever else. It means squat. If you haven't been around long enough to realize after it gets pointed out again and again how "launches" of new games and products usually go or have witnessed it firsthand, then that's your fault. You're delusional if you expect perfection and noone really gives a **** about your or anyone else's perception on whether this is 'open beta' or not.

TLDR: Game's live, here's to hopin the screenshot wasn't just a teaser, wtb some moar classes. Love the game, hate the forums. Keep doin your thing Cryptic.
  • Options
    ryaboryabo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @myyth99

You are right, the developer can call it whatever the hell they like.
    I see it from the view of a customer. I call it customer because i am treated as a customer and not as a tester. For me as a customer neverwinter is released because for me as customer there is no difference between "open beta" and "release".

I dont say it is wrong or bad to do it this way, but i dont like guys like vladious1977 and there opinion. We all now that an MMO is never finished and always in some kind of beta state, so the correct term is imho perpetual beta.
This discussion has been closed.