test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 05/23/13

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Neverwinter fans,

We're going to perform maintenance on all shards starting tomorrow morning, 5/23, at 7 A.M. PDT (Pacific) (When is it in your time zone?) to fix a few high-priority issues in game. We plan to bring back the Auction House after extensive testing and verification. The estimated down time is 90 minutes, but may be extended if we experience any issues during maintenance.

Patch notes will be posted here once they are available.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to improve Neverwinter during Open Beta. We'll work to get you in game as quickly as possible!

Cheers,
Pin

7:00 AM Update: Maintenance has begun.
7:15 AM Update: Patch notes are now available.
7:45 AM Update: Maintenance is going well. We'll get you in game soon!
8:00 AM Update: Maintenance is now complete, ahead of schedule! We'll see you in game.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hasselhoff and D'Brickashaw Ferguson approve.
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the update
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Hasselhoff and D'Brickashaw Ferguson approve.

X-Wing @Aliciousness?
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Indeed sir. L'Carpetron Dookmarriot has a prize for you.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope this includes fixing the placed sounds for Foundry missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone want to guess a percentage chance that it doesn't fix the AH?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ctrlaltgeekctrlaltgeek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't wait to see the Auction house back up, so all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who think the economy won't recover can eat crow.
  • Options
    akariyoakariyo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    ^ This would be awesome! <3
    [Heaters Gonna' Heat]
    [NW-DN9RWCCFA]

#Solo | #Combat | #Puzzle
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shouldn't this info be on the Launcher now? I just saw this post and started the Launcher (i.e., Neverwinter.exe) and there is nothing about maintenance tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »

They said HIGH PRIORITY. Do you really think sounds in Foundry missions is more high priority than fixing all the rampant exploitation going on?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kudos on the maintenance announcement placement up there at the top of the forums with the time link in place.
  • Options
    athrogatezathrogatez Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAH even when they say there will be patch notes they still wont let us in on what they are until its patched... Greatest communication ever
  • Options
    dragonanidragonani Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can the "Too many attempts; please try again later" be fixed as well. It drives me nuts :mad:
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    during Open Beta.

Have you guys EVER seen or played in an open beta? This is not one!

<Don't post links discussing exploits!>

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!
  • Options
    ydnardotisdaydnardotisda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to hear :)
  • Options
    soloroguesolorogue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope it fixes the server booting me off every 5 seconds for no reason. Annoying as hell when I cant even be on long enough to do my crafting.
  • Options
    vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Have you guys EVER seen or played in an open beta? This is not one!

<Link Removed>

I have spent the last several days looking around the inet, and passing along what I see, and NO ONE from PWI or Cryptic cares to comment on any of my posts and questions. Why is that?

I have a few good ideas, but one of them is, they DON'T have an answer!

I love how they think the D&D name is going to carry them through... anyone seen how SWTOR is doing and all their EPIC exodus, as well as WOW loosing another 1.8mil subs.

Just baffles me what these guys are thinking and how long they can dodge the questions, answers, economy, wrongful doing, bad business, horrible customer service, issues and not end up loosing loads of money. Oh wait... maybe that's it. They are out of money, doing an "open beta" with real money to regain some of their losses before announcing servers shut down for good due to horrible leadership!
    I have been beta testing for about 20 years now in many different games. This is mostly certainly a beta. All games go through an open beta process but everyone of them you have someone like you who does not understand the development process. So what they are charging for a cash shop? Most closed betas now actually make players pay for closed beta even. Is it any different? No. Just because it is an open beta does it not mean they can not make money off of it. that rule is stated no where. It is there design process if they feel they want to make money while still testing then that is there business. It does not change the fact that it is in fact beta.

So maybe the reason why no one responds to you is because either 1 you have no clue on how the development process works or 2 you are just some kid trolling for attention.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell me this patch locks variables to the server rather than to the client.
  • Options
    smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    well what i read of that is..that the ah will not be on after patch..or maybe to 50%
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    because blogspot is a reputable source. -_-
    i just want companion unbinding to work. that is all.
  • Options
    arpemarpem Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixotl wrote: »
    Shouldn't this info be on the Launcher now? I just saw this post and started the Launcher (i.e., Neverwinter.exe) and there is nothing about maintenance tomorrow morning.

Its there, look again.
  • Options
    swhyte3030swhyte3030 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just the fact that he stated he looked all over for an article based on the failure of Neverwinter and posts something which looks like "any", not reputable or rather, seems legit I think. Try again ghost writer. Try again.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's gonna be so bad when the AH comes back up, so many people will have loads of purples ready to be posted all at the same time and lag so bad.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    mijmirgmijmirg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hay neverwinter team i know youve been working away with the ah exploits. I wa wondering if guardian fighters threat will be adjusted as well as some of the end bosses in the mid lvl range dungeons?
  • Options
    heldenfeldheldenfeld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please oh Cryptic Lords of Lords I ask only one simple request. Please fix the animation issue with the first boss in Cragmire! I am a simple man with simple wishes.
  • Options
    hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you check the Neverwinter Twitter account tweet when they announced this, they included a screenshot of what looks like a rogue with a quiver (Ranger/Archer class) and what I assume might be a Warlock. Here's to praying for new classes tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    ampzkiiampzkii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very good that you announce this so early so you can plan your day a little after this! Thumbs up for you guys! Now just AH missing, but it will hopefully come up now after this, right?

Sincerely
    Tommy / paying customer
  • Options
    biggus351biggus351 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said and +1
  • Options
    randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Neverwinter fans,

We're going to perform maintenance on all shards starting tomorrow morning, 5/23, at 7 A.M. PDT (Pacific) (When is it in your time zone?) to fix a few high-priority issues in game. We plan to bring back the Auction House after extensive testing and verification. The estimated down time is 90 minutes, but may be extended if we experience any issues during maintenance.

Patch notes will be posted here once they are available.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to improve Neverwinter during Open Beta. We'll work to get you in game as quickly as possible!

Cheers,
    Pin

~falls to the ground with relief~

THANK YOU.
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
This discussion has been closed.