Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Telling you need to have your own healing pots

1235»

Comments

• Options
    malcryzmalcryz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It makes me feel a lot better seeing so many people agree about this. It also confuses me why people like the OP are the ones I actually see in game - How on earth do they ever make it anywhere near lvl 10 let alone the cap with their attitude of zero-potions-zero-dodging in an action game? o.o''

Either way I'm a bit scared of healing here, so many expect miracles while sitting and soaking up incoming damage like sponges. Quite often people actually prevent me from using the targetable heal because they run to my face and start jumping up and down, for example... ;_;''
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Healing has always been a pretty tough job. In ANY MMO, you have to know your healing class limitation.

There are always a couple of factor in healing that any players should know.
    - Is there a cooldown? even in WoW, large heal (aka burst healing) has a cooldown so can't "spam" all the time.
    - Is there a cost? in many MMO there is a cost to healing. Usually Mana, essence, EP, Energy etc etc. The larger the heal, the more the cost. This will associate with another cooldown, the regeneration rate of said resource pool.
    - does it stack? This is important. Some healer does not know or keep track of their healing. Some heal will OVERRIDE previous heal. Popular one are HoT (Heal over Time) and regeneration. If HoT doesn't stack and the system doesn't have smart healing, it will apply the LATEST heal on that target (usually healer will compensate and don't cast low level HoT on a target when a large HoT are on them. Same with regen. If it stacks, then there is a less issue with this.
    - Can a healer GET to you. This is the hard one. Healer DO try to be close enough to heal but there are some cases where the healer can't get to you. I am being chased by adds and have to keep myself alive. I am stunned or temporary taken out of the fight (hold, stone, dazed, or controlled) I am avoiding large AoE attack, dead healer = no heals. You are too far away from me (i.e. ran away from said AoE attack or large attack and end up someplace else)

Regardless of any MMO system, it is always BEST idea to have a backup healing plan (I call it "oh sh*t button") a potion can go a long way to save yourself in case things happen.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't have time to heal you. LOL
    See, cleric is by far and away the hardest class to keep alive in a dungeon; it's really a team effort to do so. 1/2 of the aggro we routinely draw will kill anyone outright in a few seconds unless they do what we do: run like hell and chug potions like an alcoholic on a bender after falling off the wagon. We use a lot more potions than anyone else. We're gimped on healing ourself, and basically tank almost every encounter.
    Roll one up and see for yourself; and good luck to you in Mad Dragon dungeons and beyond.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else think Cleric should be renamed "run around being chased while drinking potions" class?
    Hahahaha
  • Options
    blackphoenixbgblackphoenixbg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Herp derp i cant dodge red circles FU cleric
  • Options
    sortunesortune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Anyone else think Cleric should be renamed "run around being chased while drinking potions" class?
    Hahahaha

Don't laugh. You're talking about me..
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tanks need pots and since clerics as they are pull aggro from basically an entire area they need pots healing doesnt cut it i think they should have the GF blocking skill instead lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the moral of the story is, you need to have your own healing pots, they are cheap since gold is useless for anything else besides kits. if you don't know where to buy them, please don't queue for dungeons.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sortune wrote: »
    Don't laugh. You're talking about me..
    Me too.
    Laughing at myself, really.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too.
    Laughing at myself, really.

heh. If healing potion has a tap (IV) sign me up cause I need it.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not even going to read the thread but this has probably been said:

You need pots because you are going to end up standing in red stuff.

Clerics CAN NOT BURST HEAL. This is NOT a L2P issue. Well it is, but the person who needs a burst heal is the one who needs to L2P.

You need ports to fix YOUR mistakes. If YOU don't make mistakes then YOU never need pots. It's that simple really.

I'll go with this answer too. This is how it works in this game.
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Potions cost next to nothing, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't bring them! Why are people even discussing this over 14 pages, it's common sense!
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    No matter what is the game try be as self-sufficient as it is possible because cleric/medic/light mage/aso. isn't always there babysitting you.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this thread is 14 pages to long. Let it die
  • Options
    igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Potions cost next to nothing, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't bring them! Why are people even discussing this over 14 pages, it's common sense!

its more about the irony of the healing class being unable to adequately heal itself in dungeons.
  • Options
    shifted111shifted111 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clerics also have ONE single-target heal. It requires divinity (which is often used to keep everyone alive, rather than one person), and when you're in a big mess with other players and mobs, it's impossible to single you out because of how targeting works in Neverwinter.

You have nothing else to spend gold on besides potions and injury kits anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shifted111 wrote: »
    Clerics also have ONE single-target heal. It requires divinity (which is often used to keep everyone alive, rather than one person), and when you're in a big mess with other players and mobs, it's impossible to single you out because of how targeting works in Neverwinter.

You have nothing else to spend gold on besides potions and injury kits anyway.
    That is true. Divinity CAN save someone, but the targeting system makes it difficult :)
  • Options
    berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its more about the irony of the healing class being unable to adequately heal itself in dungeons.

Well, you'll have to forgive me for not having read through the whole 14 pages. But yes, I find that rather hilarious. Clerics draw more aggro than Osama himself and at the same time they're spectacularly useless at self-healing. Great design choice, really.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • Options
    pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Cleric Alt is only lvl 30 but I see lots of people saying no burst healing.

But isn't that what Soothing Light is for? That and also using Bastion of Health, Sun Burst, Healing Word, and Astral Shield while in Divine Mode are for?

Since using them in Divine Mode makes those abilities Heal for more (Burst) and Faster (possibly instant depending on the ability).

Although all seem to work pretty well outside of Divine Mode as well.

Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    My Cleric Alt is only lvl 30 but I see lots of people saying no burst healing.

But isn't that what Soothing Light is for? That and also using Bastion of Health, Sun Burst, Healing Word, and Astral Shield while in Divine Mode are for? Since using them in Divine Mode makes the Healing for more (Burst) and Faster (possibly instant depending on the ability).

Although all seem to work pretty well outside of Divine Mode as well.

Or am I missing something?

that will work if the target doesn't continue to take massive damage. (staying in the red or just have bad luck)

that is what burst healing is all about. We can burst it (divine mode) on a major oops, but if everyone is constantly taking massive damage, we can't keep it up. It is almost the same as WHEN we get 10+ adds on us and trying to heal ourselves and tank is hard.

We have lots of constant heal and "top it off" but if everyone keep taking 80% damage cause they are not avoiding red zones, yea.... it is not going to happen.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a T2 endgame level Cleric, all I can do after reading the OP's comment is laugh. So you don't bring your own potions to dungeons? Yeah good luck with that... LOL
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    azrahielazrahiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kstjab wrote: »
    P.S if i was a cleric players who act like you i would let die.

If only it was that easy as in other MMORPGs. Here you can't target ppl so its hard to not heal one person.
  • Options
    aarkane1976aarkane1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention Clerics are often playing tank AND kiting trying to keep themselves alive (using pots) WHILE keeping an eye on everyone else's health (often times not fighting together to make it any easier)...why? Because heal aggro is insane and the aggro reducing options are not working as intended.
    Aarkane
    Devoted Cleric of the Dragon Shard
    Recruit of Grievance
  • Options
    torqqentorqqen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahahaha
    This will probably end up being someones signature...But seriously the OP needs to L2P
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clerics shouldn't have to tell you to have your own Potions.

you should have them anyway.

NOTE: I don't play a Cleric. I play a Guardian Fighter, and I max out my Potions before any Delve.
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    bredalen wrote: »
    I hate it so much when I see clerics telling you to have your own healing pots...isn't the point of having clerics to heal? Why should I have to use pots in a dungeon if I have a cleric? They need to learn to heal.

Spoken by someone who has no idea how this game is healed.