test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Telling you need to have your own healing pots

Comments

• Options
    hemocrithemocrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Lol yeah lets flex muscles at each other and compare <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sizes over the internets proffezor that is sooooo not pointless....... anyway moving on.

If you think I lack testosterone you can drop by my house and try and take me on if that's your sort of thing........ 18 Leeds street, Silverdale Hamilton New Zealand, I think google earth is the closest you will get, yes it is on a corner. Seriously not impressed with wanabe cyber bullies and keyboard warriors.

Wow, I touched a nerve. Didn't mean to insult your "manhood". Don't take it so personally. If you were only just a little less insecure you would have just let that go.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    New Zealand!!??

Your sink and toilet water spins the wrong way....
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Never mess with an angry Samoan. Rather be friends with them and lift a few beers together...

I was going to ask how the hell you knew I was samoan then remembered the forum name lol. You got any vailima?
    hemocrit wrote: »
    Wow, I touched a nerve. Didn't mean to insult your "manhood". Don't take it so personally. If you were only just a little less insecure you would have just let that go.

Meh I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about my manhood or whatever...... what I don't like is people thinking im going to back down out of fear......... its the internets so its bloody laughable, but yeah its always going to touch a nerve with me, and its got me in trouble before......... im lucky to be in one piece. Having a thick skull and bones has helped.

Yes I don't really understand your pycho babble maybe it does apply to me...... I do like to generally get along with people and at first I do sort of give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about how they might feel I don't like to go out of my way and insult offend people........ well if I do, I sometimes will feel guilty about it. If that makes me a wimp then whatever........ im still willing to throw down if I have to,,,,, and I actually secretly enjoy it, even though I later feel guilty about it. Phycho annalyse that or whatever how much you like.

Bought up as a christian and I was really serious about it........ and that turn the other cheek thing was a big problem for me.... as I had a bad temper.... and was really proud/ maybe sensitive and touchy?

So sorry to anyone if my *can't heal stupid comment* hurt your feelings or whatever, its a common joke in ddo.. though thats no excuse.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devoted Cleric (I am one) doesn't have the "burst heal" like other MMO. I can top you off and keep you heal, but if you suddenly take 10k damage, it might take me a bit to get your health backup.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bredalen wrote: »
    I hate it so much when I see clerics telling you to have your own healing pots...isn't the point of having clerics to heal? Why should I have to use pots in a dungeon if I have a cleric? They need to learn to heal.

lol, you are going to die a LOT if you believe that and I am guessing you have no friends that are clerics. Good luck with that. Let me know how it turns out.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    hidusxhidusx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    90% of the skills in NW were copied and pasted from champions online. Your statement is false info.
    All they did was exchanging the good animations to newer, poorer, badder ones... calling it "new".

You're in the wrong thread pal. Nobody cares about your gamer tears. General whine thread is that way
    >
  • Options
    hemocrithemocrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Someone's anger is never to be feared. Its quite funny, really. As though anger somehow trumps training... but only in the untrained. Really though, getting pissed at the internet is your own loss. Keep a cool head and don't let people bother you. That sort of behaviour gets people murdered where I live. The problem, you see, is when someone rages they operate "in the black" and that means they lose all fine motor control. Its really difficult to apply training when you lose fine motor control. Technique and control brings power, not the other way around.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But I want to stand in place and do pew pew pew pew pew pew

Seriously thread made me lol.
  • Options
    hatelorehatelore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate it so much when I see clerics telling you to have your own healing pots...isn't the point of having clerics to heal? Why should I have to use pots in a dungeon if I have a cleric? They need to learn to heal.

You're that kid that stands in the fire, and then yells at the healers when you die. I hate that person, and I don't even play a healer.
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Just to add re: "traditional mmoRPGs":
    I dabbled with a healer in Aion and would have to chug a lot of pots myself (esp. mana-pots) to be able to keep up the healing and would often use health pots to not waste heals on myself but keep them for the tank and melee.

So even in traditional mmoRPGs, kindly have some pots of your own for emergencies.

Thanks.
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    hemocrit wrote: »
    Someone's anger is never to be feared. Its quite funny, really. As though anger somehow trumps training... but only in the untrained. Really though, getting pissed at the internet is your own loss. Keep a cool head and don't let people bother you. That sort of behaviour gets people murdered where I live. The problem, you see, is when someone rages they operate "in the black" and that means they lose all fine motor control. Its really difficult to apply training when you lose fine motor control. Technique and control brings power, not the other way around.

Meh when I get angry enough to do anything it seems to sharpen my senses, I actually get better co-ordination and things seem to slow down........ and I get a adrenaline surge.I feel more focused I actually do better when I focus that in sparring or even on the playing field. But it plays havok with my judgement.

And yeah it gets people murdered over here too, and its worse in Samoa, people will gang up on you and bash you to death...... I know murders and some of the victims.... its more violent than many would admit to. My advice to you if you go there and you hit someone with your car is.......... don't stop, call the police/abulance whatever and if you think you can get the person in your car and take them to the hospital .......... but never stop especially out in the villages it is highly likely that you might get attacked..... beaten up or even killed.

Anyway im pissed......if you couldn't tell its 2am i was up late playing computer games and trolling/sorry er being constructive in forums.
  • Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Try playing a DC yourself in some groups before you judge, you have the slots to make one

#justsayin
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsukimaro wrote: »
    So where do people get potions?

Ummmm...you buy them or they drop. Mostly both.
  • Options
    caldurjyohcaldurjyoh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

<---- WOW That way.

If you wanna play this game play with the rules of this game. This means get pots or get out! A cleric is good to help with some heals the group , dps at the same time and hopefully keep the tank up while tanking a boss (that also implies the tank takes tanking spells all the way which btw include healing himself. yes they do)

So again:
    <---- WOW That way.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why is the tank supposed to heal you? Stand in the AS, play with a GF that has KV, and use potions when you do something stupid.

My favorite part of being a GF is the groups where I get 1 shot in the AS during KV because no one bothered to get out of aoe.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Honestly to me you sound like DDO flashback for me :
    Barbarian zerging out off healing range, stepping on trap getting 1 shotted ... Yelliing on heaset for raise and heals ...
    That would make me pickup his soulstone, then find biggest hole far away from raise-dead shrine and dump it in it.

SO bring some selfhealing, especially since partyhealing are a joke in this game. Yes its because off redicilous agro issue.
    Besides you should always be prepaired for some emergencys and bring your own pots.

This comes from a soloraid healer on Epic elite difficulty DDO, so adapt son.
    Or find another game.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    Honestly to me you sound like DDO flashback for me :
    Barbarian zerging out off healing range, stepping on trap getting 1 shotted, yelliing on heaset for raise and heals ...
    That would make me pickup his soulstone, then find biggest hole far away from shrine and dump it in it.

SO bring some selfhealing, especially since partyhealing are a joke in this game. Yes its because off redicilous agro issue.
    Besides you should always be prepaired for some emergencys and bring your own pots.

Lol so evil :D
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is that I can heal anyone and keep them up. That being said, They must meet me half way. i.e. They must Stay in my Astral Shield, they must stand still for a moment for me to hit them with an AOE Heal. They have to at least pay attention somewhat.

I can't count the amount of times in a PVP Match I drop Astral Shield and Hallow Ground and everyone just runs out of both (Hallowed Ground has a HUGE Area it covers) and then yell at me for not keeping them up! That's not my fault. That's on them!
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    All I can say is that I can heal anyone and keep them up. That being said, They must meet me half way. i.e. They must Stay in my Astral Shield, they must stand still for a moment for me to hit them with an AOE Heal. They have to at least pay attention somewhat.

I can't count the amount of times in a PVP Match I drop Astral Shield and Hallow Ground and everyone just runs out of both (Hallowed Ground has a HUGE Area it covers) and then yell at me for not keeping them up! That's not my fault. That's on them!

I lost track of the times I've heard my DC buddy losing his mind during fights where the add CW refuses to go into AS and dies over and over. PUGs are a wonderful experience.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't know how healing works in this game.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I used to care what pugs thought of me
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Meh when I get angry enough to do anything it seems to sharpen my senses, I actually get better co-ordination and things seem to slow down........ and I get a adrenaline surge.I feel more focused I actually do better when I focus that in sparring or even on the playing field. But it plays havok with my judgement.

And yeah it gets people murdered over here too, and its worse in Samoa, people will gang up on you and bash you to death...... I know murders and some of the victims.... its more violent than many would admit to. My advice to you if you go there and you hit someone with your car is.......... don't stop, call the police/abulance whatever and if you think you can get the person in your car and take them to the hospital .......... but never stop especially out in the villages it is highly likely that you might get attacked..... beaten up or even killed.

Anyway im pissed......if you couldn't tell its 2am i was up late playing computer games and trolling/sorry er being constructive in forums.

I can relate. Its pretty bad here, police tend to treat the criminals as victims, and vice-versa. Its never one-on-one, its always many-on-one so you have to avoid them, and pick them off later one at a time. Like at the bars, I see it like I'm "pulling" lol, but you follow one to the bathroom and **** *** **** **** *** ******. Then follow another out for a smoke and ***** *** *** *****. Then pull the original troublemaker and ask him, "so where did your friends go? Lets go for a walk." And don't get caught defending yourself because the many-on-one works against you when the police finally arrive. Laws here are so messed up, its backwards. Only thing to do is adapt. Somehow "self-defense" has been coined "vigilantism" by police, because they would rather draw chalk outlines than do their job.

I get that slow-down, too. Like everything is slow-motion but I'm operating at regular speed. And somehow my brain splits left and right with multiple opponents, able to focus on more than one, and maybe look directly at more than one at the same time... or thats what it feels like. But I stay calm. And remember to breathe!
  • Options
    varatrasvaratras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are a few things that would help DC healing but in the long run you will need to use a potion from time to time in boss fights as we can't heal that much. When you realize that you aren't receiving any heals it's probably because your cleric is dodging mobs that are trying to kill him. i would suggest that you clear those mobs from the cleric so he can get back to the job of healing you. =)
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is why people at least should skim the D&D rules before posting on the forums.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's a thankless job, now that I think about it I'm glad I didn't roll one for my main.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsukimaro wrote: »
    So where do people get potions?

You should loot more than you use, *in general*. If you do not solo some daily against solo-level content, you can run out. I think you can get them off a vendor, not sure about the top tier(?). Probably sold on the AH as many players find more than they need.

I would make it a habit to run a couple of solo foundry modules daily to get potions and scrolls stocked up so when you do a big group you are good to go. What you choose to fight matters esp at higher levels. If you pick the wrong thing to solo you can burn more than you find, easily.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Not even going to read the thread but this has probably been said:

You need pots because you are going to end up standing in red stuff.

Clerics CAN NOT BURST HEAL. This is NOT a L2P issue. Well it is, but the person who needs a burst heal is the one who needs to L2P.

You need ports to fix YOUR mistakes. If YOU don't make mistakes then YOU never need pots. It's that simple really.
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty much using pots whenever they're up in groups. And I use them when playing my Cleric (they're terrible at healing themselves).

The different between having a Cleric in a group and not is that without a cleric, I use my Cleric companion instead of one that boosts my dps.