Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Telling you need to have your own healing pots

Comments

• Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bredalen wrote: »
    I hate it so much when I see clerics telling you to have your own healing pots...isn't the point of having clerics to heal? Why should I have to use pots in a dungeon if I have a cleric? They need to learn to heal.

you paid $200 dollars for an unfinished game... buy the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pots
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I absolutely hate people like the OP in dungeons, especially the ice caverns where I have to kite. They simply die and we have to 4 man the last boss. I usually have them kicked if they are not the leader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    "Why you no healz me naow?"
    "You're a wf sorc, heal yourself"

But.... but you is **** sorc dont get no healing spells!!! wot the fark nub!!!

lol yeah repair spells but yeah I got this reply in game, when I stated what you said.
    hemocrit wrote: »
    A lot of misconceptions about the Devoted Cleric..

"I don't have to drink potions. We have a cleric."

"I don't need to dodge or evade. We have a cleric."

"Why'd I die? We have a terrible cleric."

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. There is no "complete heal" button.

we really do need a *heal stupid* button in this game, then no more threads like this.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

"I don't have to drink potions. We have a cleric."

"I don't need to dodge or evade. We have a cleric."

"Why'd I die? We have a terrible cleric."

Actually, there is. Ironically, its a potion.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played a healer in UO for many years, running with friends and doing nothing except standing back out of the fights casting heals over and over. It's a thankless task that only the most altruistic of folks would do (especially since doing so used up spell casting materials).

As others have stated above, burst healing is NOT the devoted cleric's job. Every healing potion YOU use is actually giving that cleric the time to get through cool-downs or charge up divine power. Therefore benefiting the entire party.

Taken to the extreme, that heal potion YOU use *could* prevent a party wipe simply because you aren't pressuring the DC with constant 'HEAL NOW PLZ!' and giving them the time to do their job. Hell, gulp down that potion and then leap in and get those mobs OFF of the cleric, even doing that is beneficial to the party as a whole.
  • Options
    hemocrithemocrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    But.... but you is **** sorc dont get no healing spells!!! wot the fark nub!!!

WF = warforged, nub.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is what a lot of people who haven't played a DC don't seem to understand about this game. You actually have to pay attention to the mobs the Cleric has targeted, and the areas he's set up as buff/debuff/healing zones, if you want to keep your health up. You also need to make sure you clear the adds off the cleric asap if you want the healing to continue, because if you don't the Cleric will be chain-drinking HIS pots and kiting like a madman in order to stay alive...
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hate it so much when I see clerics telling you to have your own healing pots...isn't the point of having clerics to heal? Why should I have to use pots in a dungeon if I have a cleric? They need to learn to heal.

You need to learn to be as self-sufficient as possible otherwise you are simply piking
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I let arsehats like him die and then teabag them. In any game :D

Oh, and my fellow clerics, thank you for making me smile with your comments in this thread.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeon runs on NW are like dungeons on other games. The bottom line is that most groups will have mature players that are friendly. Occasionally there is a player that is a total troll. Groups with a troll almost always fail.
  • Options
    silverspritesilversprite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pnellesen wrote: »
    This is what a lot of people who haven't played a DC don't seem to understand about this game. You actually have to pay attention to the mobs the Cleric has targeted, and the areas he's set up as buff/debuff/healing zones, if you want to keep your health up. You also need to make sure you clear the adds off the cleric asap if you want the healing to continue, because if you don't the Cleric will be chain-drinking HIS pots and kiting like a madman in order to stay alive...

Thank you! well spoken!
  • Options
    hemocrithemocrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013

Players need to avoid taking damage as much as possible. Players should also have their cleric companion with them if they're playing so badly that they can't stay alive. Players should watch their own aggro so that the cleric doesn't have to heal everybody instead of just the tank. Its not a solo-fest and expect to live because there is a cleric somewhere. Finally, the DPS side of the team need to clear mobs off the cleric before going back to the Main Target, where the Tank should be sticking the whole time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    WF = warforged, nub.

Did you read the rest of the post?
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is the scenario...

TR (beating on the boss) - "JFC, i'm almost dead, heal me, where are the **** heals!! you suck!!"
    Cleric - "Umm, all the ads you ignored killed me 5 minutes ago, thanks for noticing"

:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Did you read the rest of the post?

I just skip when I see stupid. Especially when nubs call nubs a nub.
  • Options
    hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Here is the scenario...

TR (beating on the boss) - "JFC, i'm almost dead, heal me, where are the **** heals!! you suck!!"
    Cleric - "Umm, all the ads you ignored killed me 5 minutes ago, thanks for noticing"

:p

Things change in T2 runs - in T2 runs that TR is doing the right thing. It's your job to tank all the adds and heal yourself while everyone else kills the boss.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just skip when I see stupid. Especially when nubs call nubs a nub.

When someone says stupid or someone is called a nub you don't *have* to assume they are talking about you, or about them calling someone else a nub....... but oh well hope it didn't hurt your feelings too much.

Have a nice day sir.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll just Lay on Hands you :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drusillus wrote: »
    I'll just Lay on Hands you :)

Maybe when paladin class makes it into the game? The thing I loved about that in ddo was you could hit people through walls and stuff with that.

Maybe when paladin class makes it into the game? The thing I loved about that in ddo was you could hit people through walls and stuff with that.

But in this game I guess people have to get use to the idea they cannot rely on spot heals from others the cleric can top them up, provide healing over time and aoe damage reduction buffs but if they get a sudden spike of damage a pot is the best bet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When someone says stupid or someone is called a nub you don't *have* to assume they are talking about you, or about them calling someone else a nub....... but oh well hope it didn't hurt your feelings too much.

Have a nice day sir.

Thats called an "Aggressive-Defensive" defense mechanism that you're using. Also indicates you have a hormone imbalance, or generally lack testosterone. Man up.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its the healing mechanic of this game not the player, how about you try play one and see what we mean. Healing can be done but you have to play smart and kite the adds its that simple the second dps in the team should take a moment from the boss and take the adds while you kite it isn't that hard.

Tbh I would be in favour of a change in the way healing works as you feel useless in pvp although this was pre 30 so will test later as not played since I leveled to 30.
  • Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    tsukimaro wrote: »
    Where can you buy potions?

General Merchants sell potions of varying level requirements and healing amounts. Likewise they drop from mobs.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* double post.
  • Options
    gillityrgillityr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Go play a cleric to 60, then come back here and read your original post. Clownshoes; you need some.
  • Options
    voodoogrovesvoodoogroves Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    The best thing D&D ever did for the MMO / RPG industry was essentially form the thematic backbone.

Unfortunately, at some point in time in both PNP D&D and then following to the electronic versions, Clerics have been assumed to be endless fonts of HP-renewal for every other character by a large portion of the player base. So much so that in 4e (and Next) this concept is addressed as "healing that self righteous jerk who's having all the fun" is not always a rewarding thing to do with your playtime.

Happily, this is not the case in NWO, DDO, etc. A "healer" is rarely required, though really nice to have. I suspect in the coming raids, etc. the specific mechanics for beating some encounters require specialized behavior - and that's fine. It isn't just "healing" either - maybe w/ their aggro management and self healing, in the short term Clerics are the best kiters.

Bring your pots. Bring your own injury kits. I do on all my characters, including my cleric and in every game.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hardest thing I have to do as a Cleric is target heal someone. Without being able to instant target, you guys taking damage are SOL. I'll heal what I can. Hell, I pot myself!
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Dumbest post I've read all day.
  • Options
    zoetje81zoetje81 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can clearly see that the OP is lying. If im to believe our Astral Shield is so **** op it heals everyone and protects them while the Cleric just stands there AFK.

I call shenanigans on him.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thats called an "Aggressive-Defensive" defense mechanism that you're using. Also indicates you have a hormone imbalance, or generally lack testosterone. Man up.

Lol yeah lets flex muscles at each other and compare <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sizes over the internets proffezor that is sooooo not pointless....... anyway moving on.

If you think I lack testosterone you can drop by my house and try and take me on if that's your sort of thing........ 18 Leeds street, Silverdale Hamilton New Zealand, I think google earth is the closest you will get, yes it is on a corner. Seriously not impressed with wanabe cyber bullies and keyboard warriors.