test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So there are going to be thank-you packs, but...

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    muceas wrote: »
    A game that makes millions of USD out of the international D&D community should give its users more reasons to celebrate than to complain. Maybe then he will post something positive, chew on that kiss***.
    Exactly, the reason I bother sticking around is that I haven't given totally up yet, so yeah I super skeptical so I'm going to express that opinion.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I for one lost 1.3 million AD for a t2 weapon sale and now with the AH down I don't even know if I still have the weapon or am just complete SOL.

This gift should have something of true value and effect or you will find an even more irate player base.

Possible items I would like to see:
    respec token
    profession asset pack
    24 slot bag
    7 day celestial reward (many lost all coins)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since we lost all our celestial coins during the rollback, here is what i want:
    6k rough ADs, 1 coalescent ward, 5g. kthxbye. :)
  • Options
    bndcntaccssforumbndcntaccssforum Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan2 wrote: »
    I don't think a thank you pack will matter to me since I was banned for no reason. I was on for all of 10 minutes yesterday, all I did was take money from mail from items sold and reposted new items on the auction house and now my account that has a founders pack + $1000 in zen (lock boxes opened) is banned. No response from any CS on media outlets, I can't use the ticket system because you have to log in for that. This is amazing.

I was banned also, no reason stated. it said "you exploited"...
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

I wish I had more information on the packs, but unfortunately I don't know what will be in them yet. I agree that no in-game compensation can truly resolve the pain of losing time and progress on a character, but we are doing our best to demonstrate our gratitude and acknowledgment of your support during this time. We plan to continue fixing bugs and working hard to show our community that we are interested in maintaining a fair and balanced game.

If I get a handful of Zen, a decent mount, or something useful like that, I'd say it would more than make up for losing one day of progress. I just hope they don't skimp and give us something we can easily obtain by killing some mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I wish I had more information on the packs, but unfortunately I don't know what will be in them yet. I agree that no in-game compensation can truly resolve the pain of losing time and progress on a character, but we are doing our best to demonstrate our gratitude and acknowledgment of your support during this time. We plan to continue fixing bugs and working hard to show our community that we are interested in maintaining a fair and balanced game.

The compansation should totally be the Monk class. That is all.

And a cat. Yay.., cats!
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol @ bonus packs that'll contain lockboxes.

Heh, that would be hilarious, in a dark humour sort of way.
  • Options
    cathycutecathycute Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I hope it's something useful. I just lost 1-3million AD worth of items from dungeon delves :(.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ideagoras wrote: »
    The compansation should totally be the Monk class. That is all.

And a cat. Yay.., cats!
    Yaaay i want a cat, i love cats^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    juliostormjuliostorm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't dare to be hopeful here, i lost 2 epic items from dungeons i run yesterday. and remember, its not a compensation gift but a THANKS gift.. don't expect much, or the effect will be worse :(
  • Options
    blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They may call it a "thanks" gift, but some other form of compensation wouldn't go amiss. Like I said before, I didn't lose as much as some others, but it stings nonetheless - my time is precious. I can't imagine how upset the people who lost 1M of AD and more must feel (I only have about 100K among all my characters)

Giving cats in the boxes would be the funniest thing ever. Broken, but funny. :)

I second the request for a "serious" thank you. None of this trinket stuff. At LEAST a respec token, if not more. We deserve it. After all, we're still here, posting on the forums, after all the bugs, imbalances and exploiting that's gone on...that has to count for something doesn't it? It's up to PWE/Cryptic to show up what is DOES count for.
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait...wait. There are still exploiters (well, former exploiters) on the server selling tons of cats. These guys are also getting a "thank you" gift because their accounts are still active. That is just f'ed up.
  • Options
    darakaldarakal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For anyone banned as you cannot access your account email them directly at customerservice@perfectworld.com bear in mind you may be a while waiting for responses as there will be load of people banned emailing some who are trying there luck and some genuine people who shouldn't have been
  • Options
    armeaglearmeagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I don't really care about my time or the character progress. I just don't feel like doing the missions I did that day (and those hours happened to be about the only hours I played the past two weeks) again. If you can give me a bunch of items that lets me auto-complete about 10 quests (use limited by time of course), then that would be great. But I guess that's too far fetched. And I'd be in an unbalanced state of combination of level, gear and wealth anyway.
  • Options
    blizzardofme7222blizzardofme7222 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a joke,,,good luck in your exploit filled mess of a cheat game!! This exploit was there since day one. You refuse to admitt it or fix it right with a full wipe . How about a day one of open beta reset,,that way you and the chosen ones can keep the amounts you had in closed beta. Funny how when the exploit leaked to the majority it was reason enough to close the servers for an entire day,,yet its been there from day one for the people like the devs that knew about it yet it was hush hush and all is fine !!
    Hey All,

• Options
    fizzelopeguss1fizzelopeguss1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Respec tokens, respec tokens, respec tokens, respec....
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

That's fine. I would like to see the longer term exploiters, not just that Sunday bunch, get their just due. It would suck to have someone squirreling away billions of AD to use at a later time.

After that I would like it if we could just move on from this.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    If I get a handful of Zen, a decent mount, or something useful like that, I'd say it would more than make up for losing one day of progress. I just hope they don't skimp and give us something we can easily obtain by killing some mobs.

prepare to be disappointed.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would be happy if the gift package contains an extra bag, lol.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you are going to give something....give everyone Zen in the equivalent of actual time lost. No BS portable alters, profession kits etc. Give everyone Zen....or a cat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    if you are going to give something....give everyone Zen in the equivalent of actual time lost. No BS portable alters, profession kits etc. Give everyone Zen....or a cat.

well, you do realize given the average rate you earn ad at , 7 hours worth of zen is probably around 12 zen, right?
  • Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Whining and demanding will make them feel less generous. Be patient.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Extra bag, respect tokens x5, some enchanted keys, and other things that are usually sold for Zen would be very wonderful. Please let Cryptic do their thing before we deem the apology package as a band-aid solution. It might be an awesome package, it also might be not. But it's only fair if we cut them some slack and gave them a chance to show their appreciation for the people who were patient, level-headed enough, and stayed despite these dark times.
  • Options
    mcj013mcj013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan2 wrote: »
    I don't think a thank you pack will matter to me since I was banned for no reason. I was on for all of 10 minutes yesterday, all I did was take money from mail from items sold and reposted new items on the auction house and now my account that has a founders pack + $1000 in zen (lock boxes opened) is banned. No response from any CS on media outlets, I can't use the ticket system because you have to log in for that. This is amazing.

Aww that really sucks that you only got to play the 10 min :( but did you try to contact support directly by using this link? support@perfectworld.com
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, it keeps getting worse by the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khaman1440khaman1440 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    prepare to be disappointed.

I don't know why so many people feel such a sense of entitlement. Unless you purchased Zen and lost real money then you are just whining. This game is in free to play, and more importantly it is in open beta. You should expect bugs, exploits, and major game changes to occur. The whole purpose of open beta is for the community to play the game, find bugs, and help improve the game. You can point fingers and blame Cryptic or PWE for having bugs in their game. Or you could be reasonable and understand the blame really belongs to those players that decided to abuse abuse abuse a bug they found. STFU whining, have some integrity, live long and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    khaman1440 wrote: »
    I don't know why so many people feel such a sense of entitlement. Unless you purchased Zen and lost real money then you are just whining. This game is in free to play, and more importantly it is in open beta. You should expect bugs, exploits, and major game changes to occur. The whole purpose of open beta is for the community to play the game, find bugs, and help improve the game. You can point fingers and blame Cryptic or PWE for having bugs in their game. Or you could be reasonable and understand the blame really belongs to those players that decided to abuse abuse abuse a bug they found. STFU whining, have some integrity, live long and prosper.

I find your attitude hilarious.

You paper over any mistakes made with "omg its beta guys, and theyre totally letting ups play for free be grateful"

Yet the second its suggested at all that their service as delivered is deplorably bad and almost insulting, or its pointed out that Cryptic knew damned well about these database bugs, you start hollering at us for daring to hurt your precious free game.

Grow up and get a backbone, sycophant.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will give you exp packs , which the max level people don't even need . PLease stop crying about the lost of levels or the "wasted " time , you play the game to waste your time in the first place lol .
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like a pet, thank you very much. A slightly better one than the free quest pets, please :) .
  • Options
    onnatoponnatop Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to get something that was of use to everyone. XP boosts are great but it isn't exactly hard to level up in this game (went from 1-60 in 15 days) and gold is not that hard to get. We will probably get a key or two and something like a dye pack or some other consumable gubbins. Either way, any compensation is nice as long as it is balanced so that everyone effected can make use of it.