test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Renegade Drow worth makeing for Guardian Fighter ?

mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hello all,

I've noticed multiple posts about how race stats realy dont effect your class that much. That being said, do you think a Renegade Drow would make a good Guardian Fighter? I'm looking for opinions backed up by class/stats/ability facts please. Tolls will be ignored as usual :rolleyes:

Thanks
WOLF
Post edited by mrvuk on

Comments

• Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    I don't think there is any Renegade Drow information you can rely on at this point. All I have seen are guesses as to what their ability bonuses will be and I haven't seen any numbers for Fairy Fire.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Agreed richardseaton,

I went to the official wiki but they only have regular drow information there. Guess I'll have to wait till the 25th to find out.
  • Options
    banukbanuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drow Racial Bonuses:
    +2 Dex
    +2 Cha
    Trance - Faster recovery at campfires
    Darkfire - Reduce enemy's defense rating

Source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211

The Dex boost and Darkfire are definite bonuses for a GF. And the Cha boost will help your companion perform a bit better. Trance is a wash as you are most likely out of combat at a campfire anyway, so a recovery speed boost there isn't too impressive.

That being said the I consider Drow racials to be noticeably underpowered when compared to Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, and Half-orcs at least in the beginning when the stat differences will be most noticeable. And depending on what the defense reduction of darkfire is, they may continue to be lackluster at the higher levels as well.
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    banuk wrote: »
    Drow Racial Bonuses:
    +2 Dex
    +2 Cha
    Trance - Faster recovery at campfires
    Darkfire - Reduce enemy's defense rating

Source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211

The Dex boost and Darkfire are definite bonuses for a GF. And the Cha boost will help your companion perform a bit better. Trance is a wash as you are most likely out of combat at a campfire anyway, so a recovery speed boost there isn't too impressive.

That being said the I consider Drow racials to be noticeably underpowered when compared to Humans, Dwarves, Halflings, and Half-orcs at least in the beginning when the stat differences will be most noticeable. And depending on what the defense reduction of darkfire is, they may continue to be lackluster at the higher levels as well.

I don't believe the +2 Dex and +2 Cha. All other races, besides human, have a fixed bonus and a choice between two other bonuses. I expect Drow to be the same way. I read that it's +2 Dex and +2 Cha/Wis. Elsewhere, it was +2 Cha and +2 Dex/Wis.

Someone sent a ticket to Cryptic and received the following.

Hello, ----

More information about the Menzoberranzan Renegade will be available at the start of Open Beta. We hope to see you in game soon!

Perfect World Support
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info banuk.

I'm not sure if the drow racial bonuses for the Menzoberranzan Renegade will be the same as normal drow. The founder pack also says they get "Faerie Fire" not "darkfire". I doubt there will be much of a differance anyway. I figured most of the Menzoberranzan Renegades are going to be trickster rogues, so why not try a GF ? :o
  • Options
    banukbanuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your stat analysis certainly makes sense, but the OP asked for opinions backed up by facts. Granted my fact was from Novemeber 2012, but that was the last time I saw any official information on stats for the Drow.

Even if we completely ignore stat bonuses across the races, I think Drow come out pretty low on the min/max list.

Top three defensive(assuming appropriate feats for human, and no particular order):
    Human - 3 extra Feats, 3% defense
    Halfling - 3% deflection, 10% control resist
    Dwarf - Increased resistance to knock and repel, Increased resistance to DoT’s

Top three offensive(assuming appropriate feats for human, and no particular order):
    Human - 3 extra Feats, 3% defense
    Half-Orc - +5% crit dmg, +10% speed for first 3 seconds of combat
    Tiefling - +3% dmg to enemies under 50% health, 10% chance on attack to lower enemy power by 5%

Others
    Half Elf - +1% crit dmg, +1% deflect, +1% gold find
    Wood Elf - +1% crit chance, +10% slow resistance
    Drow - Chance to reduce enemy defense on attack, increased recovery at campfire

Source for Race bonuses from: http://guardianfighter.com/?page_id=28

No problem mrvuk, and arguably playing an uncommon race/class combo is an acceptable reason, especially given the releatively small differences in racial stats/abilities. But you'd never make it fly as a min/max reason...8)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks again for the post banuk,

It does look like Human would be the best choice for the Guardian fighter. I was just wondering how much of an ability differance between a drow vs human Guardian fighter would be. The 3 extra feats might be a big factor around lv 45 - 60, dunno for sure.
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    darkfire is not a bonus to fit a GF. a GF taunts and is threat.. a GF doesn't need a debuff for its skill. does it help sure like it helps all classes. but it is not something great for a Gf no.

Drow is one of the weaker races for a GF. it really is that simple. BUT they will of course look great so to each their own.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    darkfire is not a bonus to fit a GF. a GF taunts and is threat.. a GF doesn't need a debuff for its skill. does it help sure like it helps all classes. but it is not something great for a Gf no.

Drow is one of the weaker races for a GF. it really is that simple. BUT they will of course look great so to each their own.

Yep, a drow or halfling GF character is probably just to see how the race looks in that type of combat. There won't be many but, I was just looking for confirmation that a Drow GF wouldn't become a handycap for later game content.

Btw, The "Faerie Fire" and "darkfire" wasn't what this post is about. I was pointing out that the Menzoberranzan Renegade is a different race then normal Drow. They haven't posted the stats for the renegade yet, however.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I honestly do not see the point in a min/max build for Neverwinter and yes, I leveled multiple guardians to max level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont know if they are a good build for gf, but I think they could look sick as one.
  • Options
    theblueshepherdtheblueshepherd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think every race is Viable as any class... but that's just me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

___________House Kal'Daka Recruiting______________
    GUILD SITE: http://housekaldaka.enjin.com/
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you do not care about min / maxing they should be workable for end game.

There are two major criteria I have to consider playing a class just because I want to. As long as I am willing to accept that I may not be as good as another race choice I look for the following.

1) Is there a primary or secondary stat that fits the role of my character? In this case the +2 Dex applies but barely. I really think I would be looking for a race that has +2 Strength.

2) Is there a racial trait that fits the role of my character? In this case the Faerie Fire does, but it may end up being an overlap to another party member. If you are going to be for sure adventuring with another drow, say in a static group, then this would make it a no go for me. There could still be some benefit to it if the effect can stack though. With the low PROC (percentage rate of chance) and low duration a Faerie Fire, that a stacking effect could make all drow parties very attractive.

So for me it all depends on if FF stacks and how high. Stacks of 3 or more would make me think that it is not a gimp choice. However if you want to be safe I would really stick with Human, Dwarf, Half-Orc, or Halfling.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    be a man, have balls, play your way, do what you want
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I say play what you want. If players have an issue with your race choice, then you are better off not grouping with them. Besides, there are drow only guilds that you can join/adventure with! So have fun, and forget about the opinions of others!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for all the reply posts. I think I will make a Menzoberranzan Renegade Guardian Fighter.
  • Options
    rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Tiago Baenre
    8.jpg
  • Options
    neokhanswrathneokhanswrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think every race is Viable as any class... but that's just me

tell that to the orc wizard with his 5 intelligence points!
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    <--- not a troll, but im a dwarf, and i would like to be ignored, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...