What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think they called it a night and will resume tomorrow morning... hasn't been an update on FB or twitter for a long time, not even on page 1.

You should be following on twitter...not their FB...
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oooh good news they are currently posting the update

and every one at once hit "first post"
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    internatiointernatio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loop.gif
    KhorneFlakes.jpg
  • Options
    overkill1981overkill1981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everyone should download COMBAT ARMS! im gonna go play it now see u there.
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beeskiis wrote: »
    And instead of just posting said update, they take the time to tell people they are going to post said update...

I assume they are typing a larger update and maybe double and triple-checking it so they dont say something they shouldn't. Meanwhile they tell us on twitter that they are working on posting the update. makes sense to me, anyway.
  • Options
    marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, long story short...alien pickles toting pink umbrella's hijacked the AH whilst riding llama escape goats and exploited the AD market, significantly disrupting the zen market as well

I knew alien pickles wearing pirate hats had something to do with this. The world is coming to an end.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Options
    protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    dragons prophet looks WEAK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posting an update right now... Another two hours of down time is expected. Then with server maintenance expect that the server will be back fully restored no latter then 10 am PST. Have a good night! (You have to have some since of humor with the inefficiency of the reporting from such said devs, and or community managers.
  • Options
    xmezzzzzzzzzzzzxxmezzzzzzzzzzzzx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woot its up
  • Options
    fivel44fivel44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zioralsa wrote: »
    Or you know... actual AD&D stuff. http://youtu.be/nQQ3zq4x4Kw

Im sold! moving on in June!
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    You should be following on twitter...not their FB...

well that update on twitter just came out LOL... and does posting an update me they are patching or they are just updating the update? LOL
  • Options
    xeronova8118xeronova8118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced.

Yes, because I'm sure that the person that buys $200 worth of in-game currency has the same gaming experience that a person that spends $25, and both of them have the same gaming experience as someone who doesn't pay at all.
    /sarcasm
  • Options
    hermeoushermeous Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dearest Beta Testers and Bravest Adventures,

In the dark hours of this Sunday morning an in-game bug was discovered and taken advantage of by a very small group of villainous Nashers intent on exploiting Neverwinters Open Beta Gateway and Auction House systems for unearned Astral Diamonds.

Thanks in no small part to the efforts of our continually amazing Beta community, we were able to quickly identify the exploit and the perpetrators. Once identified, we took immediate action, calling in the entire development and publishing teams to lock down the Neverwinter OBT as we sought out a solution.

Rest assured, the issue has been corrected and we have taken appropriate action against all players who took advantage of the bug, including but not limited to enforcing permanent bans.

Sadly, the damage to the economy was done.

Rather than let the malicious efforts of a few unsavory players linger and continually impact the games economy and balance as we progress through these later stages of Open Beta, we have made the extremely difficult decision to rollback Neverwinter to a time shortly before the abuse and exploitation began.

This means that roughly seven hours of progress made between 5:20 AM and 12:20 PM Pacific Time will be lost to all players. For that, we do sincerely apologize.

Following an extensive QA check, Neverwinter will begin again later this evening, with servers open for play before midnight Pacific Time. We hope to have them available sooner, and will continue to post updates on the forums and other channels.

When the servers do come back up, a few systems will not be active: the Auction House and the Astral Diamond exchange. When the servers are back up and running, well still be examining these features and preparing some resolutions.

Any attempt to use the Astral Diamond exchange will give an error message. The Auction House, however, wont give an error -- it simply will fail to post the item. This is the known behavior, and were working to bring these systems back up as soon as possible.

As a token of our appreciation for you, the community, and all that youve done for the game throughout these days of Beta, we will be sending a thank-you gift to players and opening ourselves up on the forums and various other channels to answer any and all questions we can.

For more exact details on the rollback and other efforts related to it, please see our comprehensive forum FAQ.

With sincerest thanks for the continued support and feedback,

Your Neverwinter Team
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heelllll yes roll back *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beeskiis wrote: »
    And instead of just posting said update, they take the time to tell people they are going to post said update...

They're doing it simultaneously. You know, because the guy responsible for posting announcements is not the entire programming team responsible for updating the game.

Seriously, do people really think that everyone at a game company has the exact same job?
  • Options
    tsaiclonetsaiclone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL... ok that was a good one! :)
    that's a skater goat , there is a difference you know :P
  • Options
    tswericreedtswericreed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mizery0101 wrote: »
    The real story goes like this:

People used the browser version of the AH to bid on items with negative amount of AD. We're talking like -333333333. They would then not only WIN the item, but ALSO get THAT amount of AD too. So it was a HUGE exploit. Massive amounts of AD have been released into the economy. Hence the jokes about the new currency of the game being "cats" because cheaters were dumping the AD into buying cats and selling those.

Geez people, I've played this game for about a week or so and I know what happened. Reddit my friends. Reddit. lol

When did this happen? Last night, I was a bit shocked to place alot of AD on AH for worthless items. So when did they find this out? Everyone wants a complete wipe and not rollback on the character. I don't put anything on the AH that wasn't in-game already and not through AD or Zen. Oh sounds like something Scarlet Blade had a while back...with Mech being resold.
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roll back ftw!!! better then nothing
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Administrator
    5.19.13 - Server Status Update and Important Announcements
    Dearest Beta Testers and Bravest Adventures,

In the dark hours of this Sunday morning an in-game bug was discovered and taken advantage of by a very small group of villainous Nashers intent on exploiting Neverwinters Open Beta Gateway and Auction House systems for unearned Astral Diamonds.

Thanks in no small part to the efforts of our continually amazing Beta community, we were able to quickly identify the exploit and the perpetrators. Once identified, we took immediate action, calling in the entire development and publishing teams to lock down the Neverwinter OBT as we sought out a solution.

Rest assured, the issue has been corrected and we have taken appropriate action against all players who took advantage of the bug, including but not limited to enforcing permanent bans.

Sadly, the damage to the economy was done.

Rather than let the malicious efforts of a few unsavory players linger and continually impact the games economy and balance as we progress through these later stages of Open Beta, we have made the extremely difficult decision to rollback Neverwinter to a time shortly before the abuse and exploitation began.

This means that roughly seven hours of progress made between 5:20 AM and 12:20 PM Pacific Time will be lost to all players. For that, we do sincerely apologize.

Following an extensive QA check, Neverwinter will begin again later this evening, with servers open for play before midnight Pacific Time. We hope to have them available sooner, and will continue to post updates on the forums and other channels.

When the servers do come back up, a few systems will not be active: the Auction House and the Astral Diamond exchange. When the servers are back up and running, well still be examining these features and preparing some resolutions.

Any attempt to use the Astral Diamond exchange will give an error message. The Auction House, however, wont give an error -- it simply will fail to post the item. This is the known behavior, and were working to bring these systems back up as soon as possible.

As a token of our appreciation for you, the community, and all that youve done for the game throughout these days of Beta, we will be sending a thank-you gift to players and opening ourselves up on the forums and various other channels to answer any and all questions we can.

For more exact details on the rollback and other efforts related to it, please see our comprehensive forum FAQ.

With sincerest thanks for the continued support and feedback,

Your Neverwinter Team
    Last edited by dezstravus; Today at 10:13 PM.

Noel "Dezstravus" Holmes
    Community Team Manager
    Perfect World Entertainment
    [/COLOR]

found it on a diffrent page
  • Options
    seedyman42seedyman42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noqoilpi wrote: »
    I'm suddenly afraid that I know you. ;)

(Woot! Page 321!)

Just made me want to listen to Joan Jett sing Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
  • Options
    titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do they mean by this evening? does that mean 24 hours from now?
  • Options
    bloodykeeperbloodykeeper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot they fixed it. now we can get on with our neverwinter lifes. lol
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    means before 12 am pacific
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    now i am happy
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    trystessatrystessa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we will be sending a thank-you gift to players...

[cats] perhaps?
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    Except that's basically what happened, and that's why the servers are down.
    First of all, they had to find the exploited code. That takes time.
    Then they have to code a fix. That also takes time.
    Then there's tracking the exploiters, tracking their exploited AD & items, putting measures in place to find their mules, tinkering with various things that might be affected by the fixes, talking to the shareholders & the big guys at PWE (both of which take lots of time & aspirin, I'm certain), and then getting the servers prepped & back up.

It takes a while. Be patient.

Except... I expect that whatever result they choose: rollback, wipe, ban, etc... it will effectively cause whatever the people have done to stop existing... so, why not let the game continue as it was, tag the people doing it and watch what transactions are taking effect... meanwhile, have the coders working on a fix, keep the shareholders in the loop and work on what they would prefer to happen.

When the fix is finished and tested well on the testing platform (they would be idiots not to have one on standby to test out ideas without bringing servers down), THEN bring the servers down for a hotfix, quickly throw the code in, wipe/ban/rollback accts/whatever, and bring it back up... All damages done to the economy would be fixed (or at least as much as they would have been fixed in any case, like 6-10 more hours would have mattered in the long run), and all players just kept playing... servers would have been down for an hour while the implemented the changes, and everyone goes back to their lives...

And the true beauty is, the servers would have come down at around 2-5 AM EST... not many would have even noticed... and when they logged in the next day, would have gone, "What happened? Didn't I do this already?" Then realized a rollback happened, possibly found some paltry "please accept our apologies" gift box in their inventory, gotten over it and moved on...

Taking a server(s) down for 10-16 hours? We aren't playing back in the late 90's early 00's anymore, too many MMO's have come out, learn from others' mistakes lol... get with the modern times =)
  • Options
    oodoodoodoodoodoodoodood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was happy waiting while they fixed the problem rather than having to deal with the whole messed up economy
  • Options
    mikevickbaby666mikevickbaby666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latest update from twitter:

"guys, we are sorry but we have to call it a night. its a sunday and we are only allowed a certain amount of overtime pay.
    we will go home and get a nice 12hr sleep and come back refreshed in the morning to discuss our discussing of the discussions of the day previous that were discussed and then possible have a post about these findings ready with the next hour "or i'll eat my hat"
  • Options
    flaminggnatsflaminggnats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck fixing the ruined economy with some selective banning and a 7 hour rollback. I'm sure the devs are aware that this exploit has existed since launch and only just became well known last night, right?
    Have a foundry quest you want tested? Let me know on the forums or in-game. Username is @verranicus1.