Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    soulinsolicesoulinsolice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ?? been 2hrs....anything yet?? eta..?? maybe
  • Options
    xanamorphinexanamorphine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy **** it went down so i went out and now i'm back and it's still down, pushing 14 now, me so sad
  • Options
    pgast607pgast607 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what im going to do when the servers are up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2NOfOeSX4k

I am I the only one that was waiting for that guy to be kicked in the face. lol
  • Options
    bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    Except that's basically what happened, and that's why the servers are down.
    First of all, they had to find the exploited code. That takes time.
    Then they have to code a fix. That also takes time.
    Then there's tracking the exploiters, tracking their exploited AD & items, putting measures in place to find their mules, tinkering with various things that might be affected by the fixes, talking to the shareholders & the big guys at PWE (both of which take lots of time & aspirin, I'm certain), and then getting the servers prepped & back up.

It takes a while. Be patient.

I am being patient... I don't know of anything I have said to the contrary. However, I have read that these exploits were used and reported in closed beta, and the person also claimed to have reported it on two separate occasions, both of which were closed or 'lost'.

I am glad the servers are down. I am glad they are fixing this issue. I don't care how long it takes, I have things to do in the mean time. I just find it insulting that something of this magnitude made it past closed beta, and it took a public announcement for them to take it serious.

So my comment, was to encourage 'someone' to make place where we can go to read and post current and future exploits, so we can all take advantage of it, and for the developers to give them the priority they deserve. If everyone could make millions of diamonds, instead of a handful of people, don't you think it would have been addressed sooner?

Also, I am an indie game developer, I understand the kind of 'time' it takes for a programmer, who is probably quite intimately knowledgeable of the code used, to find and fix a repeatable bug.
  • Options
    zioralsazioralsa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bowtie8bit wrote: »
    Did the responsible people working on this problem go home and sleep or are they getting starbucks and working through the night?

Apparently waiting for a higher up to get off of the phone....?
  • Options
    mizery0101mizery0101 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got an easy fix.
    Get some herb, enjoy the good life, drink a pbr, repeat.

You were going good until PBR. You hipster!!
  • Options
    overkill1981overkill1981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bedwyer wrote: »
    nothing better to do atm

nope and i came to basicaly the same conclusion. u just put into words. lol
  • Options
    eveverevever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have fun never winter ive been waiting all day for answers that are not coming im going to bed and probably wont be playing nw anymore unless we get an absolute time frame and decision as to whats going on ive got closed beta keys for dragons prophet if anyone wants em atleast runwaker and frogster know how to treat their customers/ playerbase

You sir, are an idiot. This is a FREE TO PLAY game, it grew REALLY fast and was highly anticipated, if you don't like the player base, customer service, don't post the forums being a little whiny *****. Just leave. No one is making you stay.
  • Options
    blinken11blinken11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ?? been 2hrs....anything yet?? eta..?? maybe

2 hours? i've been waiting for like 12.
  • Options
    chavabusarchavabusar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy **** it went down so i went out and now i'm back and it's still down, pushing 14 now, me so sad

I was halfway through a boss fight and BOOM.
  • Options
    daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess i missed something ... so this whole thing is because of the cats ... oi ya guess i' clueless
  • Options
    eveverevever Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a side note, I work at 3 AM, and am itching to play again before work, oh woe, tho name is Steven. xD
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think it's safe to say Cryptic / PW underestimated the severity of the situation when they were called into work today...

Also, stop procrastinating about the "plan" and just tell us what you're doing about this mess. The longer you wait, the angrier and more impatient people will get.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    defective14defective14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipes. Period.
  • Options
    chatanyachatanya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blinken11 wrote: »
    2 hours? i've been waiting for like 12.

Go read a book. :)

(or play X-COM)
  • Options
    masterreaperwplfmasterreaperwplf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look i am here to help the designers figure out what bugs, glitches, and exploits are still in the game for beta stage. Things happen and people love to hack and exploit everything in a game because they have zero time, especially when it comes to an open beta because there is so much that can be done. I will wait however long it takes for them to get back up and i will play even if i have to make a completly new character and get back to my level 45. It is a beta for a reason.
  • Options
    hermeoushermeous Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Ritchie171 We're literally posting an update right now.
    View conversation
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chatanya wrote: »
    Go read a book. :)

(or play X-COM)

Yes, go play TFTD, it's sweet <3
  • Options
    trystessatrystessa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will pay exploited AD for [Cat memes]
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said they are literally posting an update right now.

Posting an update about the updates on the twitter feed, or posting about the previously posted posts about update coming soon? Or, an update for the servers?
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    xmezzzzzzzzzzzzxxmezzzzzzzzzzzzx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oooh good news they are currently posting the update
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think they called it a night and will resume tomorrow morning... hasn't been an update on FB or twitter for a long time, not even on page 1.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have fun never winter ive been waiting all day for answers that are not coming im going to bed and probably wont be playing nw anymore unless we get an absolute time frame and decision as to whats going on ive got closed beta keys for dragons prophet if anyone wants em atleast runwaker and frogster know how to treat their customers/ playerbase

K leave then. Take your whining comments somewhere else. One day out of the game isnt too much to ask, At least they are doing something to fix it.
  • Options
    majorbpaynemajorbpayne Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    So basically, Pickles, Cats, Llamas, And Escape Goats are the reasons why we can't play? It's not even because of the dungeons or dragons or that it's never winter. ): So sad, really.
  • Options
    xmezzzzzzzzzzzzxxmezzzzzzzzzzzzx Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twitter is still rolling with updates ect
  • Options
    merkx71merkx71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a great idea for a foundry. Zone in kill one mob then 13 hrs later the next one will spawn so you can kill it. Then the servers will crash for another 13 hrs. Log back in and repeat.

Sounds like fun.
  • Options
    beeskiisbeeskiis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And instead of just posting said update, they take the time to tell people they are going to post said update...
  • Options
    herrohanzbrixherrohanzbrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need Kenny Powers in charge of this problem right now.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m

@Ritchie171 We're literally posting an update right now.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"